• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth |OT| The Prodigious Mon Returns (Courtesy of a Petition)

Kinsei

Banned
Quick question about DNA digivolving. I notice on ExVeemon and Gatomon that it says they need to be friends with Stingmon and Aquilamon respectively. How do I make them become friends?

Quick question about DNA digivolving. I notice on ExVeemon and Gatomon that it says they need to be friends with Stingmon and Aquilamon respectively. How do I make them become friends?

It's more like their friendliness to you as their Tamer.
You can raise it I think 1% per battle in which you use them as well as by feeding them food. Just gotta get it to 100%. :)

Also if you want to later Dedigivolve the DNA Digimon, you can only get back ONE ingredient Digimon.

Kinsei

Banned
It's more like their friendliness to you as their Tamer.
You can raise it I think 1% per battle in which you use them as well as by feeding them food. Just gotta get it to 100%. :)

Oh okay. I thought it was different than the regular CAM since it explicitly mentioned the to Digimon being friends. Thanks for the response!

ViciousDS

Banned
Check OP under Types and Attributes.

It's sad cause I just read it earlier today lol

Types:
Vaccine (Teardrop) > Virus (Spiked Ball) > Data (Cube) > Vaccine
Free (Bar): No affinity

Attributes:
Water (Blue) > Fire (Red) > Plant (Green) > Water
Electric (Yellow) > Wind (Turquoise) > Earth (Brown) > Electric
Light (White) <> Dark (Purple)
Neutral (Gray): No affinity

Weird affinity though

Two groups of 3? Not sure why electric wouldn't beat water lol

No quite sure, but I can't seem to get my Blackagumon nor my Blackgabumon beyond level 15 at the moment. Seems odd that their max level is 15, but need 16 to evolve into their Adult forms.

Justified

Just FYI it was reported earlier (on Reddit, and some other places) that remote play was disabled.

Well I made it home to test, and it is indeed WORKING

wIR6Ktt.jpg

sensui-tomo

how long until you get more room and more points to hold digimon in your party and on another island? ... ran out of room and i just finished the hospital scene... I'm grinding too much but i'm having fun oddly enough.

ViciousDS

Banned
I'm already in the grind mode lol.....overleveling my digimon just after getting the ability to make them....I'm going to waste my life on this game

I'm already in the grind mode lol.....overleveling my digimon just after getting the ability to make them....I'm going to waste my life on this game
grinding is fine, but I'd recommend hard mode once you get a full team. My team of champions was murdering everything without even taking damage.

Finally had time to get a few hours in. Love it so far, it's everything I wanted. I can't decide whether to go Black Gabumom or regular though.

Hikami

I'm doing the same.. Game is giving me SMT vibes (where I'd just keep on fusing demons over and over), doing the same here but trying all the different evolutions.

nikos

Will I enjoy this if I know absolutely nothing about Digimon? Is there a substantial story?

Sorry to ask a second time, but I'm genuinely interested in the game and didn't get any replies earlier.

Oreiller

Will I enjoy this if I know absolutely nothing about Digimon? Is there a substantial story?
Yeah, you don't need to know anything about digimon really. I don't care much about digimon and i'm still having a lot of fun with the game. The story is entirely self contained and seems pretty good thus far.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Anyone from the UK know where to pick this up physical?

Looking to get a surprise for my partner. And it doesn't seem to be on Amazon, without going through an expensive (US importing) third party.

Just FYI it was reported earlier (on Reddit, and some other places) that remote play was disabled.

Well I made it home to test, and it is indeed WORKING

Sweet then I could just get the PS4 version and play it on the Vita or *gasp* I could buy the Vita version now and the PS4 version later down the line.

I am so smart... SRMT!!!

Most of us got the superior version of the anime with original music so it balances out.

Those lucky bastard...we Brit had to endure with Saban opening.

Sorry to ask a second time, but I'm genuinely interested in the game and didn't get any replies earlier.
I know nothing about digimon but have really enjoyed my first 5 hours. Story seems substantial enough.

Ummmm...I am stuck in the hospital section. I just had the security guards deny me entrance. Where do I go? I know Kyoko mentioned a hospital terminal

Delio

One of the side missions gave me a little trouble but I just noticed I had nothing to hit the boss Digimon with that was really effective. Leveled up and digivolved a few things and beat it in two turns >_>. Also yay for being able to rock three champions atm.

SGRemy

So, in love with the game thus far and ima hit it hard after work, but it bugs me that I can't play my brother in online battles. Why only randoms?? How hard is it to make an invite mode for a private match?

icespide

Banned
I am just on the tipping point of buying this game. I feel like a grindy but not too grindy turn-based JRPG is the perfect thing I want to play right now. The responsible side of my brain is telling me to wait until I finish Gravity Rush

NMFried

Just finished Chapter 1. It started out a little wonky for me but things are getting good.

I've got Terriermon, Koromon and Pabumon. Awwww yeah.

ViciousDS

Banned
I got an email from Best Buy at like 2:00am this morning with my DLC code. It might take another day to get out to everyone though I suppose.

I did on site to in store.....usually they don't even attempt to send those out until you pick up the item. But normally I was able to pick up a game and get a code within minutes of pick up.

Also waiting for DLC code.

Game is fun so far, really pretty too. I bit easy so I'll definitely be switching to hard difficulty once I get a Champion Digimon.

Only bad thing was I think Spotify is blocked because it wouldn't work. Shame.

Ultimadrago

I've played for a good 3 hours on hard difficulty; mostly grinding out and capturing digimons. It's really good so far so I decided to write my impression about the game's hard difficulty for those starting out. I should clarify that I chose Hagurumon as my starter so your experience might differ if you chose the other starter but I think this should generally applies to them also.

It's best not to use the hard difficulty when staring out since you only get 1 digimon at the beginning. The enemy digimons you encounter during battles usually comes in pairs so you will be outnumbered for the entire opening sequence. Playing on hard, enemy digimons usually dies in 3 hits but since they come in pairs they will hit you twice after each of your attack resulting in massive loss of HP. Oh, they also has increased stats so they get to move first everytime a battle start. So yeah, I had to use healing items like crazy starting out.

But then I realized the problem is not that it's super hard, it's just my digimon is outnumbered. So I dialed it down to normal for a while and grinded to get a full team of 3 going. I change it back to hard after that and it became a lot fairer. The enemy digimons still hit hard, like 1/2 of your HP hard with their skills but now I can actually kill them efficiently. So in the end, not only can you kill them fast, they can also kill your party just as fast in hard difficulty. Certainly kept me on my toes.

Doing this ensures that opening sequence is nicer and less stressful. After that, if you want the game to be challenging then going with the hard difficulty is the way to go. The little time I played in normal seems super easy in comparison.

In conclusion, start the game on normal and change it to hard after you get a full team of 3. I hope this helps :)

Thanks a bundle for this runthrough.

Top Bottom