• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth |OT| The Prodigious Mon Returns (Courtesy of a Petition)

Arzehn

Hows the Vita version's framerate - solid 30? Is it 60fps on PS4? Vita version is half the price of the PS4 ($80) retail copy here in Canada so I'm leaning toward Vita right now.

Also interesting that Vita version so far has x3 the amount of reviews as the PS4 version on NA store so far. Digital exclusive, but still. Hopefully showing NB we still want games for Vita.

Seems solid 30 to me, it runs well with short loads and looks great.

Cool.

Hows the Vita version's framerate - solid 30? Is it 60fps on PS4? Vita version is half the price of the PS4 retail copy here in Canada so I'm leaning toward Vita right now.

Also interesting that Vita version so far has x3 the amount of reviews as the PS4 version on NA store so far. Digital exclusive, but still. Hopefully showing NB we still want games for Vita.

Seems solid 30 to me, it runs well with short loads and looks great.

ZeroX03

Banned
What do the PS4 themes look like? The ones you get with the digital version?

I could capture video but there's no animations, just the same theme song as audio for both of them.

Yasuda Suzuhito Theme

20160203085504gaqc7.jpg

20160203085527gwpw2.jpg

Royal Knights Theme

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
I don't understand why the physical version doesn't get these themes.... it doesn't make any sense
For the same reason there are loads of "exclusive content" on MANY digital versions of a game.They want to entice players to buy the digital version because both Sony and the game publisher profit more from a Digital Sale since they could put the middle man like GameStop.

I could capture video but there's no animations, just the same theme song as audio for both of them.

Yasuda Suzuhito Theme

Royal Knights Theme
I love how the Yasuda theme looks like and would be the only other theme that would replace my Skullgirls one if it had music (since all the Bloodborne themes suck).

The opening is really charming, but I'm not sure what goes through the localizer's heads.

In like the first 10 seconds the dialogue says "Enjoy Chat" but the subtitles say "Happy Chat", and the screen says "Welcome" and the subtitles say "nice to meet you" or some other sentence I don't remember. This stuff isn't even Japanese.

Yasuda Suzuhito Theme

Royal Knights Theme

Cheers. They seem a bit busy - think I'm happy getting the physical version and missing out. I'll probably be using the Firewatch theme a few days after anyway...

Dante316

Been waiting 10 years for a digimon game. Sorry FFX HD, time to relive childhood memories! Just bought the digital version

MongKey

I've played for a good 3 hours on hard difficulty; mostly grinding out and capturing digimons. It's really good so far so I decided to write my impression about the game's hard difficulty for those starting out. I should clarify that I chose Hagurumon as my starter so your experience might differ if you chose the other starter but I think this should generally applies to them also.

It's best not to use the hard difficulty when staring out since you only get 1 digimon at the beginning. The enemy digimons you encounter during battles usually comes in pairs so you will be outnumbered for the entire opening sequence. Playing on hard, enemy digimons usually dies in 3 hits but since they come in pairs they will hit you twice after each of your attack resulting in massive loss of HP. Oh, they also has increased stats so they get to move first everytime a battle start. So yeah, I had to use healing items like crazy starting out.

But then I realized the problem is not that it's super hard, it's just my digimon is outnumbered. So I dialed it down to normal for a while and grinded to get a full team of 3 going. I change it back to hard after that and it became a lot fairer. The enemy digimons still hit hard, like 1/2 of your HP hard with their skills but now I can actually kill them efficiently. So in the end, not only can you kill them fast, they can also kill your party just as fast in hard difficulty. Certainly kept me on my toes.

Doing this ensures that opening sequence is nicer and less stressful. After that, if you want the game to be challenging then going with the hard difficulty is the way to go. The little time I played in normal seems super easy in comparison.

In conclusion, start the game on normal and change it to hard after you get a full team of 3. I hope this helps :)

Voror

Question: My plan is to go with Hagurumon as my starter, but how soon will I be able obtain Terriormon and Palmon?

Really tempted to buy this game. I probably won't play it for months, so it makes sense to wait for a sale or something?

But I do want a physical version though...

Derkon

Err is the PS4 version not taking up the entire TV screen for anyone else? Not sure if this was a design thing or something on my TV i need to fix; haven't had this in other games though.

Hyunashi

Is it still possible to set up as US PSN account, then use it as the main account to buy and download this game and then to play it on AUS account? I really cant stand the wait (I MUST PLAYYYYY) and its about $16 cheaper.

Ranmo

You really aren't missing out.

Played the game for a few hours today and absolutely love it. Unknown if I've already missed the missable trophy but hey-ho.

I suppose you are right. I'll probably try to snag the digital vita version soonish so that I can at least get the themes on there. I'd buy it today but Gravity Rush, Nep Nep, and Digimon CS ps4 is enough for this week >.>.

ViciousDS

Banned
Err is the PS4 version not taking up the entire TV screen for anyone else? Not sure if this was a design thing or something on my TV i need to fix; haven't had this in other games though.

Did you resize your screen on your PS4 under sound and screen? Maybe you don't have overscan turned on? Mines fully across my screen

Is it still possible to set up as US PSN account, then use it as the main account to buy and download this game and then to play it on AUS account? I really cant stand the wait (I MUST PLAYYYYY) and its about $16 cheaper.
Yeah, it's how I bought it (UK). You'll need to buy the PSN cards off of Amazon.com using an American address though.

Croc

Banned
quick question for anyone who knows.

Did the Amazon preorder include all of the bonus stuff as well? I preordered it on my brother's account since he has prime. I asked him to check if he got an email with a code for preorder stuff (since that's how they've done it with other stuff I've ordered in the past) and he said he didn't get anything.

So I'm wondering if either they weren't doing those bonuses or they messed up or something.

edit: also, I purposely got slower shipping so I wouldn't be tempted to play this with the school work I have to do over the next couple of days, but of course I got it today anyways :|

2nd edit: I'm in the US and it's a physical PS4 copy.

Derkon

Did you resize your screen on your PS4 under sound and screen? Maybe you don't have overscan turned on? Mines fully across my screen

Ok, yeah I went into the sound and screen settings and for some reason the display size was off. I have no idea how that happened as I never been into those settings; this is the first time I've even used my PS4 in a month heh. Thanks for the help.

johnsmith

remember me
quick question for anyone who knows.

Did the Amazon preorder include all of the bonus stuff as well? I preordered it on my brother's account since he has prime. I asked him to check if he got an email with a code for preorder stuff (since that's how they've done it with other stuff I've ordered in the past) and he said he didn't get anything.

So I'm wondering if either they weren't doing those bonuses or they messed up or something.

edit: also, I purposely got slower shipping so I wouldn't be tempted to play this with the school work I have to do over the next couple of days, but of course I got it today anyways :|

2nd edit: I'm in the US and it's a physical PS4 copy.

I got an email with the bonus code.

Stuart444

How do you know when you have an advantage against your enemy?

Because its Virus>Data>Vaccine correct?

Yes, Virus>Data>Vaccine>Virus

And Free is a neutral type meaning no strengths or weaknesses.

The Bug status effect (which you can get on some Digimon such as PlatinumSukamon) can reverse the strength and weakness which can give you an edge sometimes (especially later in the game with a Max Intellect Lilithmon and her Phantom Pain skill )

Top Bottom