• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth |OT| The Prodigious Mon Returns (Courtesy of a Petition)

Teknoman

PS4 Online battles use your current levels right? Any rewards or are they just for fun? Im sure there isnt any voice chat or anything?

suikoden352

Neo Member
I played for close to two hours. I double dipped and got it on vita too. Just waiting for it to finish downloading. Still got about 20 minutes left. Good thing there is cross save functionality. I'm hooked.

sjay1994

So... I haven't been involved with Digimon since season 3.

But I want a game to play on my vita. Is there catch up I need to do to understand this game? Or should I be ok?

Justified

PS4 Online battles use your current levels right? Any rewards or are they just for fun? Im sure there isnt any voice chat or anything?

Auto levels you to 50. Im trying now, but its not working

But I want a game to play on my vita. Is there catch up I need to do to understand this game? Or should I be ok?

Stand alone

notaskwid

You don't need to catch at all. Sure you won't know many of the digimons, but there are also some in game that never been featured in any of the animes also.

notaskwid

Guardiangemon not in game makes me a sad pandamon :(
I guess the last spot in my main mega party will be between uforceveedramon, alphamon and magnamon (is he even mega level in this?)

sjay1994

welp, bought it.

Lets see how this goes. I've really been wanting to play something on my vita, and I couldn't wait till Darkest Dungeon.

Korezo

So does the game work in remote play? People were discussing that they heard it was disabled for this game.

So does the game work in remote play? People were discussing that they heard it was disabled for this game.

Just FYI it was reported earlier (on Reddit, and some other places) that remote play was disabled.

wIR6Ktt.jpg

Well I made it home to test, and it is indeed WORKING

I got the game. Time to kick it up!

I had plans for a team, but part of it isn't happening because, apparently...
200px-Bearmon_jintrix.jpg

This 'mon isn't available.

Fuuuuuh, I was out when Fedex tried to deliver the package...

I couldn't wait until tomorrow, so I also bought the Vita version. At least I'm supporting future ports, hopefully.

I got the game. Time to kick it up!

I had plans for a team, but part of it isn't happening because, apparently...
200px-Bearmon_jintrix.jpg

This 'mon isn't available.

Woah, I forgot Kumamon existed. Such a sick design. Would've really liked to see it in the game along with the other Digimon World 3 starters.

Kinsei

Banned
What's everyone's current battle team? Mine is Gargomon, Tyrannomon, Seadramon, Black Garurumon, and Toy Agumon. Once I evolve Toy Agumon I'll most likely replace it with either Stingmon or Dorugamon.

Got a Elecmon cause I've always thought it was cool, realize way too late it evolves into digimon I hate except Garurumon.

Welp, time to train up Wanyamon to Dorumon.

Delio

What's everyone's current battle team? Mine is Gargomon, Tyrannomon, Seadramon, Black Garurumon, and Toy Agumon. Once I evolve Toy Agumon I'll most likely replace it with either Stingmon or Dorugamon.

Currently rolling with me is Guilmon, PlatSukamon,Tyrannomon and Gatomon. Soon as this quest is over I'm going to use that PlatSukamon to grind up eveyone that is hanging out in the farm.

Hikami

GeoGreymon, GaoGamon, and Kyubimon. I have a bunch of other champions but not enough memory for them.. I should actually advance the story now.

MongKey

Currently have Agumon, Gabumon, Plotmon, Tentomon and Starmon in my party. Didn't grind too much after the initial grind at the start. Just going with the story flow till I hit a wall before grinding again, need to see how I can go. Lol. Just fought the boss in Chapter 2.

dragn

yea hard mode at the start is too much, had no chance in my first battle with palmon against 2 koromon lol

Just got a bit into chapter 1. Games a little slow so far but I'm enjoying it and it feels like the premise is really about to get going. Does it indeed pick up steam?

Caim

Guardromon, Black Garurumon, and Gomamon. Planning on throwing Agumon and Terriermon in the reserves soon.

Reszo

Just FYI it was reported earlier (on Reddit, and some other places) that remote play was disabled.

Well I made it home to test, and it is indeed WORKING

Omg yes, this is why i bought it for ps4 so i can play in on the vita and the tv.

Stupid ass amazon prime didn't have my game delivered today, ugh. Just have to make it through work tomorrow

Blame it on Bandai, they didn't get the copies to amazon until today.

zulux21

Does BestBuy generally email their pre-order codes?

BTW, if anyone is interested I'll probably be streaming the game soon for our podcast SlinkFM :)

http://www.twitch.tv/restlessstreams

yup they email them, and they usually take a day or two.

though not always.... I got one for puzzle and dragons z 2 months after the code said it expired :p (I didn't realize it had a preorder bonus otherwise I would have complained lol)

ReaperXL7

Currently caching up on the thread but I had one question, I see the information about digivolving and dedigivolving to get max lvl and max stats on your Digimon but is this something that I should be doing at every evolution stage?

For instance should I be digivolving a baby digimon and then immediately dedigivolve it and repeat until it's max level and then repeat at the next evolution stage or should I only do this at specific digivolution stages?

I have been grinding for awhile trying to get the baby digimons to max level before I move them on to the next but I want to make sure it's worth doing lol

Top Bottom