• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth |OT| The Prodigious Mon Returns (Courtesy of a Petition)

True Fire

I really like the 30 minutes or so I've played. It seems like a natural evolution of the DS games and Digimon World 2, my guilty pleasure. The fact that they now have Anime accurate models for all of the prominent Digimon blows my mind.

I am praying that this game does well. It definitely has a niche, but I really want Digimon to have a secure future in North America--and I want an excuse for another Digimon Story game, because I prefer Story games over World.

L95

Having a lot of fun, currently have Black Garurumon, Dorugreymon, and Seadramon. (just random stuff to get exp in reserve)

Really enjoying this so far. Purchased the Vita version as soon as I was able. Then my wife surprised me and let me get the PS4 as well. First time I've ever double-dipped on a game before, but this title totally seems worth it. Here's hoping my 2 purchases make a difference on future localization.

ViciousDS

Banned
I got Veemon.....fuck yes!

His one digivolution requires a lot of fucking check marks though. Level 60.....I can't tell by the picture who it Is. It doesn't look like magnamon

Teknoman

So if I decided on the Vita version vs the PS4, would I be matched with PS4 people online for random battles? Or are the servers separate?

Kinsei

Banned
I don't remember magnamon with wings lol

It's his gold shoulder plates sticking out.

latest

Ended up caving in and buying this for my Vita. I was able to put 2hrs into it, and so far so good, game looks great and is pretty fun. Only thing that I haven't gotten used to is how there's no way to rotate the camera. At least you can zoom in and out a bit though.

i-Jest

Is it still possible to set up as US PSN account, then use it as the main account to buy and download this game and then to play it on AUS account? I really cant stand the wait (I MUST PLAYYYYY) and its about $16 cheaper.

I want to say yes. The only issue I see is the game only being accessible in the US Account. I assume you already have funds to purchase?

Ultimadrago

Okay, so once you get 200 percent and convert you have to do it again for another?

Also, I accidentally left the first area too early and forgot to grind Koromon. Hope they become available again soon.

Kinsei

Banned
Okay, so once you get 200 percent and convert you have to do it again for another?

Also, I accidentally left the first area too early and forgot to grind Koromon. Hope they become available again soon.

Yes.

It becomes available to you again very soon.

Sank 4 hours into this game today when I should have been studying for my midterm... oh well. Maybe it's because I haven't played a JRPG since Fire Emblem Awakening (if that even counts) but this game is addicting as hell.

One question: is there any way to increase party memory? I'm stuck with 3 super badass Digimon and no room for anyone else currently. Should I de-Digivolve or switch one out, or does the memory increase later?

L95

Sank 4 hours into this game today when I should have been studying for my midterm... oh well. Maybe it's because I haven't played a JRPG since Fire Emblem Awakening (if that even counts) but this game is addicting as hell.

One question: is there any way to increase party memory? I'm stuck with 3 super badass Digimon and no room for anyone else currently. Should I de-Digivolve or switch one out, or does the memory increase later?

You get memory expansion items from bosses and stuff. Check your inventory, you might already have some. (I didn't realize this myself lol)

Speaking of, I like de boss theme in this game.

how good are the pre order digimons? i want to get physical but i like those 2 digimons that they locked behind pre order so im thinking of going digital... i fucking hate pre order bonuses.

Man, this thread is really going! I picked the wrong week to be busy, lol.

I'm glad to see people are liking it! :D

(And falling into the addictive trap of digivolving like me, mwahaha...)

Trace

Banned
I'm only just in Chapter 1 but I've really enjoyed what I've played so far. The digimon scanning thing is kinda weird at first to me, but as soon as you stop looking at the game like it should be pokemon it's fantastic :p

Current team is Terriermon and a smattering of the 90 or so Agumons the DLC lady gave me.
Gotta ditch them soon and spawn out some of these 200% babies.

Nesther

Odd question but is anyone having issues using Spotify with the game? I'm at a point where the music gets really annoying so I started up Spotify but whenever I switch to the game it pauses/suspends Spotify.

suberzat

Odd question but is anyone having issues using Spotify with the game? I'm at a point where the music gets really annoying so I started up Spotify but whenever I switch to the game it pauses/suspends Spotify.
They want you to be one with the world!

I havent read the whole thread so forgive me if this has been answered but can you have relationships with the two other main characters? Or are we the bestests friends forever friendzoned?

AyanFaust

Banned
I havent read the whole thread so forgive me if this has been answered but can you have relationships with the two other main characters? Or are we the bestests friends forever friendzoned?

From what I understand, there is no relationship/social link mechanic.
you can get texts from your digimon though!

I wouldn't mind but the
"Shinjuku???"
music is really annoying.
I said this earlier and no one replied. So it's not just me.
Apparently devs can block out Spotify, Dragon Quest heroes does the same thing where it won't allow Spotify or USB music to play with the game.

Hyunashi

I want to say yes. The only issue I see is the game only being accessible in the US Account. I assume you already have funds to purchase?

Yea i got the first $10 fine from amazon but right now im waiting for my $50 psn code to be validated for last 3hrs sadly haha. Hopefully soon i can get it!

Top Bottom