• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth |OT| The Prodigious Mon Returns (Courtesy of a Petition)

aibaby

Neo Member
My copy arrives tomorrow, so psyched!

Question though, around how early are you able to obtain the rest of the starters you didn't pack at the beginning?

so just to make sure, you can only get black agumon and the other one through the pre order dlc, you can't find their pre evos in the game and go from there at a later point in the game?

L95

so just to make sure, you can only get black agumon and the other one through the pre order dlc, you can't find their pre evos in the game and go from there at a later point in the game?

Correct.

You can see them in digivolution trees, but the requirement is 'own the dlc' lol....

Croc

Banned
It's Camraderie or Friendship. Raise it by feeding the Digimon in the farm or simply by using it in your frontline party. It gets depleted from heavy training and you need it to evolve into some Digimon.

Cool, I figured it was something like that but wasn't 100% sure.

One more question. Do all Digimon whether in the frontline or not get the same exp? I notice that even ones I'm not using still get exp, but I'm not sure if it's less than if they were in my battling team.

Dragoshi1

Rocking Clockmon. Tyrannomon, and Black Gabumon so far. Black Agumon I had to digivolve, since I couldn't de-digivolve him, but now I don't have room for him.

My farm island is a damn Agumon Slave camp, jeez. I have 5 Agumon sitting there.

Cool, I figured it was something like that but wasn't 100% sure.

One more question. Do all Digimon whether in the frontline or not get the same exp? I notice that even ones I'm not using still get exp, but I'm not sure if it's less than if they were in my battling team.

Exp is equal. Frontline only matters for friendship going up.

Croc

Banned
Exp is equal. Frontline only matters for friendship going up.

Perfect.

Sorry for all of the questions but I have one more, which anyone can answer. Is there any benefit for waiting to level up a digimon higher to digivolve it? Or should you digivolve as soon as you can. I don't quite fully grasp the advantages and disadvantages of digivolving and de-digivolving...

MechaX

Holy hell, I'm not that far but this game is... actually pretty good. It definitely borrows more from the Persona line of things where there are quick battle animations to keep the encounters pretty fast.

I chose Terriermon in the beginning, because momentai motherfucker.

m@cross

Game worried me a little the first hour. After that though, I am enjoying it that last 5. Still wrapping my mind around some of the mechanics, but it is not overburdening and fun to this point.

Edit: Beaten
Perfect.

Sorry for all of the questions but I have one more, which anyone can answer. Is there any benefit for waiting to level up a digimon higher to digivolve it? Or should you digivolve as soon as you can. I don't quite fully grasp the advantages and disadvantages of digivolving and de-digivolving...
same question

Is there an effective strategy for the best time to be de-digivolving? Would it be OK to get lvl 50+ in Ultimate form and then knock him down back to in-training?

J-Tier

Since I preordered...how do I get Beelzemon Blast Mode and Cherubimon? Or am I supposed to interpret the Western release bonus differently from the other DLC content?

Perfect.

The goal of digivolving/de-digivolving is to raise the level cap and ABI (Ability). Ability increases the amount of bonus stats you can give a Digimon and is often a digivolution requirement for Digimon at higher stages.

Digivolving/de-digivolving at a higher level will get you more Ability, but it is usually more efficient (ie faster) to digivolve to the next stage (if you can), raise their level, then de-digivolve, raise their level, digivolve, etc, etc.

That's how I did it anyway.

Croc

Banned
The goal of digivolving/de-digivolving is to raise the level cap and ABI (Ability). Ability increases the amount of bonus stats you can give a Digimon and is often a digivolution requirement for Digimon at higher stages.

Digivolving/de-digivolving at a higher level will get you more Ability, but it is usually more efficient (ie faster) to digivolve to the next stage (if you can), raise their level, then de-digivolve, raise their level, digivolve, etc, etc.

That's how I did it anyway.

Okay, that kind of makes sense. Maybe the game will explain it more as I get further.

Is there anything to stop me from say, digivolving Terriermon and then immediately de-digivolving him? Or does doing it immediately like that kind of negate the benefits of doing it at all

Okay, that kind of makes sense. Maybe the game will explain it more as I get further.

Is there anything to stop me from say, digivolving Terriermon and then immediately de-digivolving him? Or does doing it immediately like that kind of negate the benefits of doing it at all

It's better to level him up a bit before de-digivolving. Even just a few more levels will increase the ABI you get.. (You can see their potential stats before you digivolve/de-digivolve and you'll notice the difference.)

I think it's something you get a grasp of the further along you get really, I didn't fully understand it for a while.

Croc

Banned
It's better to level him up a bit before de-digivolving. Even just a few more levels will increase the ABI you get.. (You can see their potential stats before you digivolve/de-digivolve and you'll notice the difference.)

I think it's something you get a grasp of the further along you get really, I didn't fully understand it for a while.

Oh okay, that makes me feel better that you can see their stats. I just saw where it said yes/no so I was afraid as soon as I hit that the deed would be done. Thanks!

For me, this is giving P4G a run for its money as the best JRPG on the Vita.

I'm just amazed how addicting it is, and how beautiful it looks.

This game is legit amazing. Japanese reviews didn't do it close to the proper justice. It's legitimately up there with Persona 4.

Also: Just got MetalGreymon and MegaSeadramon!

That's a mighty big endorsement you have there.

Picked it up and briefly popped in before I go to bed tonight. Gotta say, the intro and what seems to be hub world reminds me a lot of the .Hack games back in the day. Very cool.

This is the Digimon game I've always wanted. It's superb.
The only thing I think I could ask for is a roster that has more Digimon in it, but for what it is I'm just so happy I'm able to play it officially in English.

This game is legit amazing. Japanese reviews didn't do it close to the proper justice. It's legitimately up there with Persona 4.

Also: Just got MetalGreymon and MegaSeadramon!

This is the Digimon game I've always wanted. It's superb.
The only thing I think I could ask for is a roster that has more Digimon in it, but for what it is I'm just so happy I'm able to play it officially in English.

Yessss, give all the good vibes! :D

You already can. Tsumemon* can evolve into Veemon.

*Tsunomon, Tsumemon is the hand-thing.

Hmmmm.... I saw a review pointing this out....

srbrMP8.jpg

Pein

Banned
so this or zesteria? I loved Digimon back in the day so I'm considering this heavy.

Any good reviews out?

RexNovis

Banned
Aight so heads up everyone choosing your starter is kinda irrelevant. After you gain access to the digilab in chapter 1, you can get all the other starters by scanning their baby forms as a wild encounter.

Punimon ---> Nyaromon ---> Terriermon

Pabumon ---> Motimon ---> Hagurumon

Pabumon ---> Tanemon ---> Palmon

You can also find a full evolution guide for all digimon in the game here

Faenix1

Damn this game sounds a lot better than I expected. Have to pick this up one day.

Oddly enough it also seems to be $20 cheaper on the CDN PSN than retail. Hope it's not one of those "Gone from retail fast" games.

Can we take a second to appreciate how every Digimon rookie stage forwards has a signature attack with a custom animation?

Blastoise doesn't shoot water out his cannons in the Pokemon games, but you bet your ass MegaSeadramon is using his horn to throw some fucking lightning bolts out.

That's a god damn labour of love. This entire game is.

Top Bottom