• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth |OT| The Prodigious Mon Returns (Courtesy of a Petition)

Whizkid7

Enjoying this way too much already and I only just hit Chapter 2. Already have my favorites Agumon and Patamon, with Biyomon in backup. I'm so excited I can hardly wait until I get home to play some more!

Rymuth

Would you recommend this to someone who loves SMT but has never watched a single episode of Digimon in his life (i.e. me)?

Did you start off on hard? The difficulty is because you are out-numbered. Best to start on normal till you have a team (For anyone else reading this)

hah yeah i did. i didn't die so i'm fine for now.
i dont really want to over level myself too much to where hard becomes easy because of that.

Would you recommend this to someone who loves SMT but has never watched a single episode of Digimon in his life (i.e. me)?

The game is very similar to SMT/Nocturne except with Digimon. So far everyone has said it's a very solid JRPG so you'll bound to enjoy it. Also the game was designed to bring in newcomers to the series as well as reintroduce digimon to older fans who forgot about it so you'll be fine.

Hyunashi

Amazon finally verified my card so i got the last bit of the cost for Cyber Sleuth. Downloading now while I sleep. Cant wait to finally play this tomrow~

nikos

I keep telling myself to not buy games I'm not super hyped about, and to not succumb to GAF hype. Needless to say, I'm downloading it right now. Hope I can get into it.

Went with the Vita version, for now, so I can play it on my commute, and during lunch at work.

Rymuth

Yes, even if you never heard of Digimon you should like it

The game is very similar to SMT/Nocturne except with Digimon. So far everyone has said it's a very solid JRPG so you'll bound to enjoy it. Also the game was designed to bring in newcomers to the series as well as reintroduce digimon to older fans who forgot about it so you'll be fine.
All right, cheers to you both!

Tiops

Hard Mode is pretty bullshit at the start. Played for a few hours yesterday and only started to win battles easily when I got two more baby-II Digimons in my party. Hagurumon's damage is pretty shitty too, my level 5 Tsunomon does more damage than it.

Great game so far. I'm finally more free to run around after 2 hours of introductions :p

KillGore

How does digivolving and de-digivolving work in this game? Do you digivolve mid battle or is it like pokemon where you reach X experience and evolves? Do the digimom de-digivolve after each battle?

How does digivolving and de-digivolving work in this game? Do you digivolve mid battle or is it like pokemon where you reach X experience and evolves? Do the digimom de-digivolve after each battle?

DigiBank and Digivolving
In the DigiBank, you can manage who is in your party, digivolve/de-digivolve Digimon, and convert the data you’ve gained from Digimon Capture. Party size is restricted by a Memory Limit. You can get items to increase this limit throughout the game.

Digivolving returns a Digimon to Level 1, but raises their Max Level and Ability. There is more than one Digivolution route, and Digimon can digivolve into various forms written in Digivolution guides depending on the conditions met.

There are also Digimon you can get by fusing two Digimon together through DNA Digivolution.

Tip: Be careful when DNA Digivolving. When you de-digivolve you will not get both of the Digimon you used back. You will need to choose one of them.

De-digivolving will make Digimon weaker, but will increase their Max Level and Ability. Abilities affect not only the conditions for digivolving, but the maximum values of the stats you can enhance in DigiFarms. De-digivolving requires only for you to have encountered that Digimon before, there is no other restriction.

Justified

How does digivolving work in this game? Do you digivolve mid battle or is it like pokemon where you reach X experience and evolves? Do the digimom de-digivolve after each battle?

You have to go to your Digilab, and when your Digimon meet certain requirements, you can digi-volve them.

You can de-volve them at anytime in the Digilab (But their ranks goes back to LV.1)

KillGore

Thanks for the quick reply guys. Tried to ask a good friend of mine but he was pretty clueless lol

Edit: oh shit, you lose one pokemon when you de-dna digivolve them? Damn

Also, are the eggs in the game? Saw the golden veemon evolution on the list.

Thanks for the quick reply guys. Tried to ask a good friend of mine but he was pretty clueless lol

You came to the wrong neighborhood...

Man getting Lucemon is going to be a struggle:

Tokomon must be level 30, have 80 SP, 130 INT and 80 Talent.

Kinsei

Banned

The courage, fate, and miracles eggs are in the game.

KillGore

Ahahahha sorry sorry. I was always a bigger fan of digimon, but it's been a few years aince I got back on the train.

Thanks guys

Lucemon is really tough to get. You pretty much need to have 100 potential and use Stat decreasing chips on all the non-required stats, otherwise you won't have the right stats even at level 99.

Can you guys give impressions of the exploration and side quests?

Digging some of the stuff I've seen of real world Tokyo locations. Just wondering how deep or interactive the world feels?

Justified

Can you guys give impressions of the exploration and side quests?

Digging some of the stuff I've seen of real world Tokyo locations. Just wondering how deep or interactive the world feels?

If you played Person 4 Golden its similar to that (As far as exploration, and side quest goes)

Lucemon is really tough to get. You pretty much need to have 100 potential and use Stat decreasing chips on all the non-required stats, otherwise you won't have the right stats even at level 99.

Well you just put a damper on me getting Lucemon on my team.
Wow fucking RIP, I didn't realize that it was gonna be THAT hard. I just assumed I'd have to do more min/maxing via de-digivoling and digivoling

L95

...Darn. Maybe nevermind then lol. (what are the stat decreasers?)

My copy should be arriving in a few hours. What's the consensus, normal or hard? I just want something that's a decent enough challenge while being fun.

Top Bottom