• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth |OT| The Prodigious Mon Returns (Courtesy of a Petition)

Because Some Upgrades require certain stats. In order to get those stats you have to de-volve to raise your cap levels

Raising Ability, otherwise you'll more than likely be stuck at ultimate stage... or have mega numamons

To increase your digimon's level cap or go down a different branch.

Ok so this brings me to my next set of questions.

1. Does your Digimon level cap increase automatically when you de-digivolve?

2. Does the certain stats requirement get raised automatically or do you need to use items to raise certain stats?

3. How do you increase friendship? Through combat and digi-farm?

Stuart444

Yeah, De-Digivolve basically allows you 1. Raises a stat that is needed for Mega-level Digimon and 2. means the max level for the Digimon will increase. (until it gets to 99)

Ok so this brings me to my next set of questions.

1. Does your Digimon level cap increase automatically when you de-digivolve?

2. Does the certain stats requirement get raised automatically or do you need to use items to raise certain stats?

1. See what I said above

2. Higher level means you can raise your stats more by leveling up past what your original cap was. (there is items that raise some stats as well I believe)

3. How do you increase friendship? Through combat and digi-farm?

1. Keep them in your active battle frontline party and 2. via friendship meat on the Digifarm.

WqsPSG.gif

This is why Angemon is awesome.

Nothing about an Australian release? I know the game has already gotten classification, but I can't find anything about it on EBgames, JB-Hi-Fi or PSN. Normally Australia gets releases at the same time as EU, but it seems we've gotten shafted again. Fucking hell, Bamco. I'll take that back if it pops up on PSN on the release date, but still.

Well you just put a damper on me getting Lucemon on my team.

...Darn. Maybe nevermind then lol. (what are the stat decreasers?)

It's tough, but worth it. Even as a child level Lucemon is one of the best Digimon. The stat decreasers can be found at the Eden shop.

To clarify a little, a Digimon's bonus stats (the numbers in parentheses) are maxed out by its potential. In order to get Tokomon's bonus stats high enough you need to reduce any unneeded stats. It's not that hard once you figure out how it works.

Voror

Hmm, another question, is there anything akin to a compendium like in the SMT games or do you have to start from scratch every time of you want different evolutions? Like if I wanted to have Omnimon and WarGraymon?

It's tough, but worth it. Even as a child level Lucemon is one of the best Digimon. The stat decreasers can be found at the Eden shop.

To clarify a little, a Digimon's bonus stats (the numbers in parentheses) are maxed out by its potential. In order to get Tokomon's bonus stats high enough you need to reduce any unneeded stats. It's not that hard once you figure out how it works.

How soon would that be possible if I started putting the work into it?

notaskwid

Nothing about an Australian release? I know the game has already gotten classification, but I can't find anything about it on EBgames, JB-Hi-Fi or PSN. Normally Australia gets releases at the same time as EU, but it seems we've gotten shafted again. Fucking hell, Bamco. I'll take that back if it pops up on PSN on the release date, but still.
It only comes out on Friday in Europe.

L95

Hmm, another question, is there anything akin to a compendium like in the SMT games or do you have to start from scratch every time of you want different evolutions? Like if I wanted to have Omnimon and WarGraymon?

Nope. Unless you count scanning, but I doubt there are wild Omnimon running around to scan.

Yeah, De-Digivolve basically allows you 1. Raises a stat that is needed for Mega-level Digimon and 2. means the max level for the Digimon will increase. (until it gets to 99)

1. See what I said above

2. Higher level means you can raise your stats more by leveling up past what your original cap was. (there is items that raise some stats as well I believe)

1. Keep them in your active battle frontline party and 2. via friendship meat on the Digifarm.

Awesome!

Thank you for the answers!

Caineghis

Neo Member
Started playing today and I got caught in the digievolution, been de digivolving and digivolving all my mons, haven't past the first mini dungeon.

Kinsei

Banned

No compendium. The way you get Digimon is that every time you fight one your scan rate of that Digimon goes up, once it reaches 100% you can hatch the Digimon in the lab, however it is better to wait until you reach 200% (the max) for the bonuses it gives. If you want another one you will have to scan it all over again.

notaskwid

Nope. Unless you count scanning, but I doubt there are wild Omnimon running around to scan.

Actually, one of the more frustrating parts of the Story games is that everything except bosses is scannable, so, for example in Dawn end game you could just ran into wild ImpaildramonFM and scan in even though you had a lot of work to digivolve your own. Thats one of the reasons why, even though I like Story games, I wish they'd make a Digimon 3 like game. A few starter digimon that you can choose from with each of them having a much wider digivolution tree, instead of the scanning thing. Also if you unlock the digivolution you can freely change between them, which is really cool and more "digimon like" I guess.
Maybe after Next Order.

Voror

That adds an additional wrinkle to things. How can you tell what stats need to go down?

No compendium. The way you get Digimon is that every time you fight one your scan rate of that Digimon goes up, once it reaches 100% you can hatch the Digimon in the lab, however it is better to wait until you reach 200% (the max) for the bonuses it gives. If you want another one you will have to scan it all over again.

Bit of a bummer there. So the scan for any digimon goes back down to 0% when I hatch one and then I need to hunt down more of that one to get another to hatch?

Dugna

Order just came in from amazon for my PS4 version and I'm pretty sure I got it while it was still preorderable, where would you look for the DLC code besides your email?

It only comes out on Friday in Europe.

Okay, yeah, that's spectacular amounts of bullshit. What the hell are Bamco doing? It'd be fine if the Australian release was digital-only (though physical distribution would be a lot more appealing these days due to the low dollar), but they're not even doing that despite having gone through the effort and expense of getting it rated.

Nesther

Has anyone found
Victory Uchida
yet? I heard he's supposed to pop up in Ch.4 the first time, but havent found him.

Edit: Nevermind, he shows up after a certain point.

Ranmo

Order just came in from amazon for my PS4 version and I'm pretty sure I got it while it was still preorderable, where would you look for the DLC code besides your email?

Amazon pre-order codes are always strictly sent via email if it isn't in the box already. If you did pre-order you're going to have to contact them.

Dugna

Amazon pre-order codes are always strictly sent via email if it isn't in the box already. If you did pre-order you're going to have to contact them.

*sigh* thanks....wish they would have a part of their site where you can just look this up.

Saphirax

Okay, yeah, that's spectacular amounts of bullshit. What the hell are Bamco doing? It'd be fine if the Australian release was digital-only (though physical distribution would be a lot more appealing these days due to the low dollar), but they're not even doing that despite having gone through the effort and expense of getting it rated.

I think you misread that post. What the poster is trying to say is that the game isn't out in the EU until Friday, which also means Australia will be getting it then as well.

Ranmo

*sigh* thanks....wish they would have a part of their site where you can just look this up.

If you request to talk to a representative via their Instant Messaging option you will be helped quite fast. That's how I've always done it, and I've mostly gotten my issues resolved within a few minutes.

I think you misread that post. What the poster is trying to say is that the game isn't out in the EU until Friday, which also means Australia will be getting it then as well.

Ah, I think I did, I think I misread it as "only in Europe" instead of "only releasing on Friday". Well, I'll reserve my anger until Friday just in case an Aus release doesn't materialize. Disregard my previous post unless the game doesn't appear in the Aus PSN.

L95

I'm glad this thread's so active.

Also, holy crap, the gold cup is an exp goldmine, just lose to the gold cup champ, and keep repeating the fights. So many levels.

Out of curiosity, are there any difference between the normal and black versions of those two? In terms of abilities or stats?

Sorry, (finally) went to sleep when you posted this. You probably got your answer, but I'll say it again in case anyone is interested.

The black versions are their own Digimon. They have different base stats, different types/attributes, different support skills, etc. Besides BlackWarGreymon, BlackMetalGarurumon, and Omnimon Zwart, they have different signature moves as well.

Sorry, (finally) went to sleep when you posted this. You probably got your answer, but I'll say it again in case anyone is interested.

The black versions are their own Digimon. They have different base stats, different types/attributes, different support skills, etc. Besides BlackWarGreymon, BlackMetalGarurumon, and Omnimon Zwart, they have different signature moves as well.

Thanks, good to have confirmation that those aren't just skins.

Andrefpvs

I'm sorry if this has already been answered, but does redeeming the DLC give you an unfair advantage in the game? I don't have the game yet.

I'm sorry if this has already been answered, but does redeeming the DLC give you an unfair advantage in the game? I don't have the game yet.

No. They're just additional Digimon. Not really any more powerful than stuff you can find in the game, it's basically like another species being added.

I guess having three rookie levels right at the very beginning would give you a leg up for maybe 30 minutes until you Digivolve your scanned in-training dudes? Haha.

How soon would that be possible if I started putting the work into it?

Not sure. It took me awhile to figure out what I needed to do when I was playing. The main thing you need is 100 potential, which will take a little bit to get. After that you need to farm train the stats and then grind up its level. Probably Chapter 11 would be reasonable.
Are they only there after a certain chapter or something?

It's been close to a year, so I'm not sure.
That adds an additional wrinkle to things. How can you tell what stats need to go down?

Anything that isn't listed as an evolution requirement for Lucemon should say +0 I'm parentheses.

dragn

anyone knows how to get black gatomon? and does the equipment like more scan % work when the digimon using it is in the reservers?

Top Bottom