• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth |OT| The Prodigious Mon Returns (Courtesy of a Petition)

Caim

Holy shit the boss at the end of chapter 3 was no joke. Literally none of my mons could do damage to it so I spent fucking 20 minutes fighting it because it was strong against each of my digimon at the level able to fight it.

I'mma need some HEAVY team reconsideration.

Skills that inflict poison are really useful. I think it does more and more damage over time it saved me on some fights. Numemon is the only one I can think of that has a skill like that early on and it's a 100% chance. It's called Venom Trap.

Stuart444

Are all poop silhouettes Plat or are there non-Plat poop digimon.

There is a GoldNumemon which is more of a slime I guess but some might call it poop lol. :p

So when is the earliest I can get the exp item equip for my PlatSukas?

I think it may be a reward for something (I forget but I'm sure I got one from a reward at some point in the game). Besides that, an enemy near the end of the game drops it rarely and I think it rarely pops up in the item hunt thing in the DigiFarm.

Delio

There is a GoldNumemon which is more of a slime I guess but some might call it poop lol. :p

I think it may be a reward for something (I forget but I'm sure I got one from a reward at some point in the game). Besides that, an enemy near the end of the game drops it rarely and I think it rarely pops up in the item hunt thing in the DigiFarm.

Ah thank you. Guess I will try to get one out of the farm if i can.

Is this game like Pokemon? Honestly never played a digimon game before.

This isn't really like Pokemon. It has more in common with your standard JRPG. Without spoiling too much, It has a futuristic setting and focuses on cyber-crime.

In terms of monster-battling features. Digivolution is much more "chaotic" than Pokemon evolution, but in a good way, you have the freedom to digivolve and devolve into whatever you want out of the predetermined choices you have, as long as you meet requirements. Digimon movepools are much larger.

Not sure. It took me awhile to figure out what I needed to do when I was playing. The main thing you need is 100 potential, which will take a little bit to get. After that you need to farm train the stats and then grind up its level. Probably Chapter 11 would be reasonable.
when you say potential, is that the Ability stat in the NA version?

Thanks for the replies, my daughter is 7 and loves the Pokemon games. Just trying to find something for her, she didn't care for yokai watch. This is only 40$ so I'll grab it on Friday.

Forgive my ignorance on this, but is there a reason I can find so few reviews for this game? Did Bamco not send out early review copies or something? I see a few write ups here and there at small sites, but nothing from major outlets.

CaVoLbgW0AEQqS6.jpg:orig
Had to change my squad up a bit.

What's CAM?
Basically how much your digimon likes you. i.e. friendship

Digimon you take with you into battle build it up whereas digimon you let rot in the farm don't unless given certain items.

L95

Forgive my ignorance on this, but is there a reason I can find so few reviews for this game? Did Bamco not send out early review copies or something? I see a few write ups here and there at small sites, but nothing from major outlets.

It seems like there were no review copies sent out, yeah.

Wazzy

Banned
I'm not far but I'm really loving this game so far. Current party is Terriermon and Gabumon.

When does the dlc lady become accessible? I'm currently in Kowloon lvl 2.

Kinsei

Banned
The boss of the gold cup
Flamedramon
was no joke. I barely pulled through with a team full of ultimates and I had to use all of my healing sprays.

Delio

The boss of the gold cup
Flamedramon
was no joke. I barely pulled through with a team full of ultimates and I had to use all of my healing sprays.

Thank god someone else had problems with it. I was like "Oh this is going to be easy" all my ultimates get slapped to half health like it's nothing. Only MetalGreymon and Veedramon held on to beat it.

silva1991

Wait the first ability my Gabumon gets is fire spell? I thought he was supposed to use water attack like in the anime

gabumons_4.jpg

Had to change my squad up a bit.

Basically how much your digimon likes you. i.e. friendship

Digimon you take with you into battle build it up whereas digimon you let rot in the farm don't unless given certain items.

Oh I hope even reserved ones built it up.

Sandfox

Wait the first ability my Gabumon gets is fire spell? I thought he was supposed to use water attack like in the anime

gabumons_4.jpg

Oh I hope even reserved ones built it up.

That's blue fire, not water. In the Japanese version of the anime that attack is called Petit Fire.

L95

Oh, that's nice.

If you use your
invisibility hack
to try and sneak around
Etemon
you get a little bit different dialogue :)

Justified

Guy who started the whole "Broken game" issue is correcting his mis-info.

Here's an update on the situation.
I think I've singlehandedly caused a huge amount of misinformation on gamefaqs and I'm really sorry about that.

I posted it over here, and it's a little long, so I'll leave it there.

http://withthewill.net/threads/15743...l=1#post284058

tl;dr I f***ed up, mistook a reviewer's copy for the definitive commercial version, it might not be a bug.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/75743...238694?page=10

RexNovis

Banned
I don't have the game yet, but usually you can get away with using any digimon if they are strong enough..? Maybe you can use a Vacine - Virus - Data party for maximum balance, throw a healer/status booster in there and you are golden (again,I don't have enough knowledge about this game in particular).

For this game, a solid team would probably be covering all the type advantages as that gets you pretty far. My best advice would probably be go with the Digimon that look the most appealing to you. That sounds shallow, I know, lol.

Ok thanks! so I'm digging my current team (Terriermon, Black Gabumon, Gaomon) which seems to have every type covered. Do all there digivolutions default to the same type (Data, Vaccine, Virus) or are there specific evolution lines I should be looking at following to maintain their types?

L95

Guy who started the whole "Broken game" issue is correcting his mis-info.

So the purple missions are just actual DLC that isn't out yet? (when are they 'sposed to appear, anyway? I've got the PS4 version and haven't seen them, I assume I'm not supposed to.)

Justified

So the purple missions are just actual DLC that isn't out yet? (when are they 'sposed to appear, anyway? I've got the PS4 version and haven't seen them, I assume I'm not supposed to.)

Not sure when, but yea we are not suppose to see them

Stargypsy

I got my copy from Amazon this afternoon. I've been playing all evening and really enjoying it. I love the Digimon's and character designs and the music is amazing. The storyline is pretty interesting so far. I didn't sign the petition, wasn't even aware of it but I wanted to give a big "Thank you" to everyone who did and Bamco for bringing this over.

Ok thanks! so I'm digging my current team (Terriermon, Black Gabumon, Gaomon) which seems to have every type covered. Do all there digivolutions default to the same type (Data, Vaccine, Virus) or are there specific evolution lines I should be looking at following to maintain their types?

I think all of them keep their typing with their default evolution lines. The exception being Omnimon Zwart for BlackGabumon, who is Vaccine, but you won't get access to him til the very end of the game so I wouldn't worry about it. You'll probably have a million Digimon by then, haha.

L95

Huh.... I've just noticed Matayoshi switches between 'Kyo-Kyo' and 'Kyo chan' as nicknames for her in dialogue. (Love the game, just finding all these little 'issues' interesting)

EDIT: he just swapped between the two within 3 boxes of dialogue lol

platsuk is crazy, two platsuk is crazier, i dont have three yet

wont be too long before that though lol

memory capacity this earlier on thoughhhh

Top Bottom