• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth |OT| The Prodigious Mon Returns (Courtesy of a Petition)

You can change as you play. Start on normal for the first battle or two then switch to hard.

Normal is very easy. You can change difficulty at any time outside of battle through the options menu.

I personally prefer normal since I'm using my favorite Digimon instead of creating a well balanced team.

Perfect. Wish every RPG would let you change difficulty as you play. I'll start on normal then and switch to a harder setting when I got a full team then. Thanks!

Kinsei

Banned
Looks like that is the case. I Pre-ordered the game from Best Buy, but never received my DLC code yet.

Did they have low expectations of how this game would sell or something?

It took a petition to even get this game in the west. They had extremely low expectations.

L95

It took a petition to even get this game in the west. They had extremely low expectations.

I'm really looking forward to find out how well this game is doing...

Oho, I just noticed, you are fist in postcount in this thread and I'm second lol

Looking at the in game description on Angewomon's thing, it says that Mastemon is a DNA Digivolution and needs LadyDevimon at CAM 100%.

Is it a fusion, where I'll lose LadyDevimon or is that just a requirement to activate it?

When you devolve a DNA Digivolved Ultimate, you will only get one back.

Risette

A Good Citizen
Was able to order the game today. Amazon CS said I would still receive the DLC code once it ships. Hope they're right!

sensui-tomo

I'm really looking forward to find out how well this game is doing...

Oho, I just noticed, you are fist in postcount in this thread and I'm second lol

Here's hoping those expectations are met well enough to have them consider bringing us Next Order... Which will more than likely have a thread with a different tone. ala "Why the hell did agumon turn into a numemon?"

Pau

Here's hoping those expectations are met well enough to have them consider bringing us Next Order... Which will more than likely have a thread with a different tone. ala "Why the hell did agumon turn into a numemon?"
Hopefully the system won't be as hard as it was in the first Digimon World game.

sensui-tomo

Hopefully the system won't be as hard as it was in the first Digimon World game.

Well heres what i know about the game, They have those digimon from season 4 i believe (the ones where the kids use digi spirits or something to turn into digimon?), You have 2 partners this time, Its 7 years after the first digimon world game (i've waited 17 years for this ) , its got digimon aplenty so getting sukemon/numamon should only happen if you neglect your digimon. I really should try to import Digimon Re:Digitized just to see how that game's mechanics worked (which seems to basically be an improved digimon world) But that game is gonna be hard compared to this.... then again i dont think they'll have an accidental way for greymon to come to the village and wipe you over and over again if you have a rookie digimon.

Finally got Imperialdramon

Stuart444

When you devolve a DNA Digivolved Ultimate, you will only get one back.

Yup. I recommend anyone who wants to DNA Digivolve a Digimon to wait until at least the max level of both Digimon is 99 (which you can see next to their current level in the stats screen). And if you really want, wait til ABI is at max I guess.

Qwark

Well heres what i know about the game, They have those digimon from season 4 i believe (the ones where the kids use digi spirits or something to turn into digimon?), You have 2 partners this time, Its 7 years after the first digimon world game (i've waited 17 years for this ) , its got digimon aplenty so getting sukemon/numamon should only happen if you neglect your digimon. I really should try to import Digimon Re:Digitized just to see how that game's mechanics worked (which seems to basically be an improved digimon world) But that game is gonna be hard compared to this.... then again i dont think they'll have an accidental way for greymon to come to the village and wipe you over and over again if you have a rookie digimon.

I definitely recommend Re:Digitize. It's pretty cheap to import and the patch is super easy to apply. The game is great, it really feels like a modern interpretation of the original.

No way! I loved how difficult and how random it seemed to get what you wanted. It took a lot of trials to figure out the different systems in the game.

sensui-tomo

Yup. I recommend anyone who wants to DNA Digivolve a Digimon to wait until at least the max level of both Digimon is 99 (which you can see next to their current level in the stats screen). And if you really want, wait til ABI is at max I guess.

funny you say that... i now need to do this many times just to get imperaldramon to 100 ABI... thank goodness i can have him to into his ultimate.

I wonder if the ABI thing affects digivolving into ImperialDramon.

Hikami

Did they have low expectations of how this game would sell or something?
Yeah, hopefully it turns into another Sword Art Online scenario. They had pretty bad expectations for Hollow Fragment (digital only, badly translated, etc.) But since that did so well, we've been getting every SAO game after it.

It does. Thankfully my Paildramon has enough ABI.

How much ABI am I looking at to get to ImperialDramon? (So far I have ExVeemon and Stingmon, grinding for Paildramon. But if it's an insane amount, I can keep redigivolving/devolving now that I have a decent amount of Ultimates in the farm).

Thanks! I'm gonna go de-digivolve Ex Veemon and Stingmon now.

Yasumi

Banned
Yeah, hopefully it turns into another Sword Art Online scenario. They had pretty bad expectations for Hollow Fragment (digital only, badly translated, etc.) But since that did so well, we've been getting every SAO game after it.
I get the feeling this is going to do far better than SAO ever did.

Reishiki

Banned

As a fan of Frontier, getting Aldamon, MagnaGarurumon, and Susannomon, would be pretty cool.

But hey, there's plenty of non-Hybrids in this game that still had an important role in Frontier (Celestial Trio, Lucemon, etc...).

Okay, that's not bad...

... you got enough for the form after imperialdramon?
100 ABI

anigif_enhanced-buzz-9380-1376942089-18.gif

Pau

Yeah I'm thinking of importing it too since the translation patch came out. Having two partners sounds neat.

No way! I loved how difficult and how random it seemed to get what you wanted. It took a lot of trials to figure out the different systems in the game.
I can understand people enjoying it, but the time sink makes the game almost unplayable for me. I don't have the time to spend 30 minutes to an hour only for it to all be a waste and end up with poop.

sensui-tomo

Yeah I'm thinking of importing it too since the translation patch came out. Having two partners sounds neat.

I can understand people enjoying it, but the time sink makes the game almost unplayable for me. I don't have the time to spend 30 minutes to an hour only for it to all be a waste and end up with poop.

wait i may have said something wrong, Re:digitize only has 1 partner, Next Order (which comes out next month in japan on vita) has 2.

Rigalo

The "pacing" I guess of this game is really starting to frustrate me. I don't care at all about the story but it forces itself on you every 5-10 minutes of gameplay and it's extremely annoying. I don't think I've ever been in a dungeon for more than 15 minutes when it pulls me out, gives me some low-rate plot development and sets me up on a new mission (which I generally have to find myself because I mash thru the talking and miss where I'm supposed to go lol)

Like I just want some uninterrupted time to just PLAY thru a dungeon fighting actually challenging digimon. I'm in chapter 6 or 7. Is it going to get better as I advance or am I just screwed for this game?

TP

Best Buy just emailed me a pre order code

Like I just want some uninterrupted time to just PLAY thru a dungeon fighting actually challenging digimon. I'm in chapter 6 or 7. Is it going to get better as I advance or am I just screwed for this game?

the constant back and forth is killing my enjoyment too
I'm only on CH4

might have to end up dropping this one

T.O.P

Banned
Goddamn this game, played 5 hours straight this afternoon

I abosolutely LOVE the Digimon's animations, wow, the design, the moves, it's all so perfect :DDD

@Hard Mode, is definetely the way to go anyway, spent an extra 30 minutes building a decent team before the first boss because i went unprepared and got rekt, i started on Normal but it felt pretty braindead to me so it's at least a bit challenging now

This game is fantastic, as expected. Question, though: how/when can I raise the party memory? I already got Gargomon, Kyubimon and Growlmon but they won't fit.

sensui-tomo

This game is fantastic, as expected. Question, though: how/when can I raise the party memory? I already got Gargomon, Kyubimon and Growlmon but they won't fit.

You'll get items called Memory ups throughout the game, activate them. Also check chests as they can appear in there and as quest rewards.

You use Memory Up items, which you can get from chests and progressing through cases or the story. Depending on how far you are, you might already have some, so check your inventory periodically. Sometimes I find a few there that I never knew I picked up.

T.O.P

Banned
Btw i'm really liking the story so far, still, holy cheesy dialogues and why do girls act so damn creepy and weird in this game? i've been off from playing Jrpg for so damn long lol

Top Bottom