• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth |OT| The Prodigious Mon Returns (Courtesy of a Petition)

So random tip: spiral shell fights are an absolute joke if you have a digimon with a defense piercing attack like stingmon. I've actually one shot them easily with this strategy

Pau

Honestly, I think it's pretty amazing that most Digimon have their signature attack animated to look anime accurate. When I got Leomon last night I was so stoked that Fist of the Beast King was animated perfectly.
I need to put animations back on. Took 'em off when all I had were baby Digimon and forgot to change it once attacks started getting more interesting.

There is something that isn't here which should be here :)

huh this is what I got. Instead of the mission bundle I got the starter pack. weird
EDIT: And I guess the icon is actually the one of the Monster Bundle. Gonna be interesting to see what it actually is lol

qyIOMlO.png

Stuart444

huh this is what I got. Instead of the mission bundle I got the starter pack. weird
EDIT: And I guess the icon is actually the one of the Monster Bundle. Gonna be interesting to see what it actually is lol

Weird.

Ah well, hopefully it will be fixed properly and everyone will have all the day 1 things soon.

L95

So there's an update, version 1.03? (I have US copy)

EDIT: Oh. It's the one that lets me play with Japanese players right? Forgot about it.

NZerker12

Is there an easier way of leveling up my digimon. Grinding in training is getting quite boring.

BTW, What is that missable thing you get when you talk to someone?

ViciousDS

Banned
I wanted to get an ETA on the pre-order codes......maybe I'll stick to mike on the forums lol.....he seems to actually understand the question.

Hi viciousds,

Thank you for contacting Best Buy.

I'm sorry to hear you haven't received your Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth Pre-Order Bonus Code. Let me assist you on this.
Bandai Namco Games (Publisher) has not announced Beta Codes for the game. We will keep you posted once Beta Codes are available.

We appreciate your loyalty as a My Best Buy member.

Game on,
Philippe
Gaming-BBY Team

Beta codes.....dude didn't even bother reading my message.

Stuart444

Can you go back to the area in Chapter 4 where you help Hagurumon after leaving? Or does it disappear?

Yes, there is at least one more request in there (not til much later in the game). Once all requests that involve that dungeon have been completed, it will appear in the Mirror Dungeon accessible from the DigiLab.

maouvin

De-Digivolve you digimon to get back to previous form, level up again, Digivolve it again, the max level will increase that way.

I can't de-digivolve Black Agumon yet. Can I digivolve him to something and then digivolve to Black Agumon again? Would it raise his cap?

Tiops

If I put 3 PlatinumSukamons at the frontline and 3 other digimons in the party's reserve, these 3 will receive the full EXP x 6?

Justified

Is there an easier way of leveling up my digimon. Grinding in training is getting quite boring.

BTW, What is that missable thing you get when you talk to someone?

The first encounter with this NPC can be in either chapter 4 or 5, this is the only time where you get 2 chances to find him. Finding Victory Uchida is very important for the missable trophy [Legendary Medal Collector] , because you get 10 unique Digimon medals from him.

Skulldead

I can't de-digivolve Black Agumon yet. Can I digivolve him to something and then digivolve to Black Agumon again? Would it raise his cap?

Every digivolve / De-digivolve seem to up the potential stat, so yes it would work.But the highest the level you De-digivolve it the more potential he will get.

Ricitor

11 hours of gameplay today and I fucking love this game. My biggest issue right now is memory for my main Digimon crew. Got 2 ultimates and a champion and that is all I can hold. Do Memory Upgrades only come through chapter completions or is there some way to get some extra space? Am currently on Chapter 5.

RedBoot

Also started making use of the DigiFarm. Surprised how easy it is to level up your Digimon while doing other things.

I'm still early in the game (near the end of Chapter 2), but right now the game's giving me the impression I'm eventually going to want to have a very large team (the game lets you have 11 Digimon on you at any time) to take advantage of type and element boosts, etc. So I'm guessing that's the point of the Digifarm's rapid leveling. I'm only holding four Digimon on me right now (that's all my team cost will allow) but thanks to the farm, I've got another 10 mons in-progress. I'm really loving how it all works out, I don't think I've ever seen an RPG handle large "teams" any better (outside of the Suikoden series, maybe).

The Ch.2
Growlmon
boss went pretty well for me, even on Hard mode. I had Gargomon, Seadramon, and Guardromon on the team. Gargo got the type boost, and even though Seadra had the type disadvantage, his element advantage still let him do good damage. Guardromon handled items.

That specific team was the one I wanted going into this game, so I'm glad it was easy to build it so early in the game. But I'll build up some other guys too, of course. Right now I'm thinking long-term plans would be to develop 3 vaccines, 3 datas, 3 viruses, and 2 neutrals? That would fill up the slots you can carry, and give a lot of versatility.

Pau

Yes, there is at least one more request in there (not til much later in the game). Once all requests that involve that dungeon have been completed, it will appear in the Mirror Dungeon accessible from the DigiLab.
Okay, thank you! Another question: Do the other dungeons start getting champion level Digimon or should I stick to this one a bit if I plan to do some grinding?

Okay, thank you! Another question: Do the other dungeons start getting champion level Digimon or should I stick to this one a bit if I plan to do some grinding?
chapter 7 is where things pick up with 3* sidequests. It's almost exclusively champions and beyond by chapter 8

Looking at the in game description on Angewomon's thing, it says that Mastemon is a DNA Digivolution and needs LadyDevimon at CAM 100%.

Is it a fusion, where I'll lose LadyDevimon or is that just a requirement to activate it?

Stuart444

If I put 3 PlatinumSukamons at the frontline and 3 other digimons in the party's reserve, these 3 will receive the full EXP x 6?

I think reserve party members get less exp by default but with 3 plats in front, that exp is boosted giving them enough that the small lost of exp doesn't matter.

Once you have some good Champions or an Ultimate and some good Champions, I say move on. If you have the Plats (which I recommend anyway to cut down the grind) and keep them with you/keep using them, you'll end up grinding most Digimon via the story anyway.

That's what I did in the JP version anyway.

You don't even need to use them for the whole battle (against bosses and such), just switch them in before the boss dies and the exp will be boosted.

NZerker12

Should I wait until I reach the level cap to digivolve, are there any benefits or am I wasting my time and should just digivolve on the required level?

Pau

chapter 7 is where things pick up with 3* sidequests. It's almost exclusively champions and beyond by chapter 8
Thanks!

Once you have some good Champions or an Ultimate and some good Champions, I say move on. If you have the Plats (which I recommend anyway to cut down the grind) and keep them with you/keep using them, you'll end up grinding most Digimon via the story anyway.

That's what I did in the JP version anyway.

You don't even need to use them for the whole battle (against bosses and such), just switch them in before the boss dies and the exp will be boosted.
I guess I should get them. I haven't minded the grinding too much but we'll see how I feel after a few hours more of the game. :p Why did they have to choose ugly Digimon for the exp bonus though. :(

Kinsei

Banned
What is ABI? Is it an important stat?

It determines the level cap, how many bonus stat points you can get from the farm (I think), and some evolutions require a certain amount (For example Beelzemon requires the Digimon evolving into it to have an ABI stat of 80).

Kaizu

Looking at the in game description on Angewomon's thing, it says that Mastemon is a DNA Digivolution and needs LadyDevimon at CAM 100%.

Is it a fusion, where I'll lose LadyDevimon or is that just a requirement to activate it?

You will lose one of them. Skills are combined so you can inherit both of their skills. When you devolve, you can only get either one of them back.

anyone has any idea?
Is that the part time job quest? If so, just walk around Nakano Broadway in the first and third level and talk to NPCs with exclamation marks? After that, go to Kowloon level 3.

NZerker12

It determines the level cap, how many bonus stat points you can get from the farm (I think), and some evolutions require a certain amount (For example Beelzemon requires the Digimon evolving into it to have an ABI stat of 80).

Do you want a Mega-level Digimon?

If so, you'll need a certain amount of ABI. Most Megas need ABI.

I definetly want a mega and have already been waiting to the level cap to digivolve anyway. I just wanted to know what benefits there were, but now I know thanks.

BTW where do you check the ABI stat?

I really regret not giving the miracle meat I obtained to my MetalGreymon since if I had I'd probably already have a mega, whereas now I need to re level its champion form, then get it's level back up to 55

Croc

Banned
I'm getting so annoyed talking to these Amazon people trying to get the DLC code. No one has any idea what I'm talking about and they keep trying to credit me $10 for some reason. One person 3 days ago said they'd send it but never did and this person just straight up has no idea.

Justified

I'm getting so annoyed talking to these Amazon people trying to get the DLC code. No one has any idea what I'm talking about and they keep trying to credit me $10 for some reason. One person 3 days ago said they'd send it but never did and this person just straight up has no idea.

High Demand, BAMCO didnt generate enough. Its not the retailers fault. They have to wait also

Croc

Banned
Has anyone who preordered through amazon received a code?

High Demand, BAMCO didnt generate enough. Its not the retailers fault. They have to wait also

Right, but no one I've talked to is even aware there were supposed to be any codes sent out in the first place.

Qwark

Has anyone who preordered through amazon received a code?

Right, but no one I've talked to is even aware there were supposed to be any codes sent out in the first place.

I got my code. I placed my order on Jan 19th, 2016.

A million things got in the way of me finally starting this game, but it's finally time. A question, for someone that's well-experienced in the turn based RPG genre, normal or hard? Basically, is normal actually more on the challenging side like a Megaten game, or is it more on the easier side?

Also, can you change difficulties as you play?

A million things got in the way of me finally starting this game, but it's finally time. A question, for someone that's well-experienced in the turn based RPG genre, normal or hard? Basically, is normal actually normal like a Megaten game, or is it more on the easier side?

You can change as you play. Start on normal for the first battle or two then switch to hard.

Kinsei

Banned
A million things got in the way of me finally starting this game, but it's finally time. A question, for someone that's well-experienced in the turn based RPG genre, normal or hard? Basically, is normal actually more on the challenging side like a Megaten game, or is it more on the easier side?

Normal is very easy. You can change difficulty at any time outside of battle through the options menu.

I personally prefer normal since I'm using my favorite Digimon instead of creating a well balanced team.

Top Bottom