• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth |OT| The Prodigious Mon Returns (Courtesy of a Petition)

Stuart444

A friend of mine just made this.

iJ9zZUd.jpg

Hahaha, nice.

Syntsui

By what chapter is it possible to do as much colosseum fight as we want and grind for eternity?

These "maintenances" are annoying.

Stuart444

By what chapter is it possible to do as much colosseum fight as we want and grind for eternity?

Maybe end game? Not sure.

I know at least for the cups up until the last one, they are a one time thing.

However you can always get killed during the last fight and do it from the start again allowing you to get as much exp as you want more or less. (as long as you're able to die that is haha)

Does gender make any impact in this game? I've had a FeMC called "guy" countless times, and one of the sidequest guys is offering to sell you a girlfriend.

Edit: Wow, there's alot of dark stuff in some of the random sidequests in this game. NPCs die in droves in this game.

Kinsei

Banned
Finally got Silphymon and Grappleomon. Now for Shakkoumon and then I'm closer to the dream squad.

Nice. I'm quite a ways away from my dream squad, even ignoring the fact that you need to so certain sidequests to get the Holy Knights I still need a Hackmon for Jesmon, a GrapLeomon for Leopardmon, and I need to get Infermon a ton of ABI to get Beelzemon. I think I'm done grinding for now though since I don;t think the developers intended you to have the stats for them(or Lucemon but whatevs) in chapter 8.

Does gender make any impact in this game? I've had a FeMC called "guy" countless times, and one of the sidequest guys is offering to sell you a girlfriend.

The pronouns being incorrect (as well as stuff like being referred to as "Mr.") are problems with the localization, but the general dialogue is the exact same for both genders, if I recall correctly.

AyanFaust

Banned
Ah damn. Just fought the
twin blue meramons.
Man, that was a tough fight on hard. Went in with angewomon, black gatomon, and taomon for diversity of types. Managed to take the first one out. Then he started buffing the living one by "lowering" its defense and raising its attack. Didn't realize that meant multiplying its previous attack by about 8 times and letting me do just slightly more damage to it. He wrecked me sooo hard the first time. Straight vaccines and not killing one/getting them both low seemed to be the key though.

This game is pretty damn awesome thus far :>

Dang flamedramon keeps wrecking my shit, I don't really mind though since I use that tourney to level up my guys but he easily takes out my ultimate a too.

Edit: also got my DLC code from Best Buy

So I thought I was spending too much time grinding until I reached the guy with Devimon and 2 Meramon. Two Revives and a ton of healing items later, I eventually beat him, but I'm going to spend a lot more time grinding, especially since I just evolved 2 Rookie's to Champions.

The long, long road toward Beelzemon Blast mode and Lucemon Chaos Mode.

Lucemon's rookie form is ridiculous tho, already stronger at lvl 35 than my megas
which leader types increases which stats? i need to train gatomon with attack :p
off the top of my head

Fighter-attack
Defender-defense
Brainy-INT
Durable-HP
Lively-SP
Nimble-speed

dragn

The long, long road toward Beelzemon Blast mode and Lucemon Chaos Mode.

Lucemon's rookie form is ridiculous tho, already stronger at lvl 35 than my megasoff the top of my head

Fighter-attack
Defender-defense
Brainy-INT
Durable-HP
Lively-SP
Nimble-speed

thanks! do you know how much the statgain farmgoods % are? i can buy farmgoods that increase a stat slightly by training

thanks! do you know how much the statgain farmgoods % are? i can buy farmgoods that increase a stat slightly by training
not sure on an exact %, but I would use two Symbol type farmgoods (like the void symbol to increase stats for neutral digimon) and then another item for the stat I wanted raised (like the Sandbag for attack). Combined with the correct leader and the right personality (you want both the leader AND the digimon you're raising to be fighters to maximize Attack stat gains), I'd knock out training I needed in one 30 minute session

If you have the money to buy the right farm items, training goes very fast

Some people think it's fun to raise them. If it's not your idea of fun, avoid grinding, move it to hard mode, and you will get more difficulty.

Yeah but hard mode isn't tied to trophies and the normal baby digimons are enough for any battle. Nearly all enemies can be taken out in a couple of hits without even evolving. I wish there was more strategy. I'm just hitting attack and winning every battle.

AyanFaust

Banned
Yeah but hard mode isn't tied to trophies and the normal baby digimons are enough for any battle. Nearly all enemies can be taken out in a couple of hits without even evolving. I wish there was more strategy. I'm just hitting attack and winning every battle.

Why does it matter if hard mode isn't tied to a trophy? If you want a harder game where you need a bit more strategy/digivolving hard mode is your friend.

How far are you in the game? And why do trophies matter?

How far are you in the game? And why do trophies matter?

I am only in chapter 2. Trophies matter a lot to me I like going for them and I'd have played it on higher difficulty if there was a trophy for it. But I have such a backlog that I don't have time for it unless there's a trophy in it and I like a game enough. I like this game so far, but does it get harder on normal?

I am only in chapter 2. Trophies matter a lot to me I like going for them and I'd have played it on higher difficulty if there was a trophy for it. But I have such a backlog that I don't have time for it unless there's a trophy in it and I like a game enough. I like this game so far, but does it get harder on normal?

No, normal has practically no difficulty whatsoever until late game side quests. It's even worse if you grind.

Hard mode is where strategy is.

AyanFaust

Banned

Even if the game is notably better on hard, you wouldn't do it unless a trophy is involved? Different strokes I suppose.

I hear the game does get a bit harder towards endgame, but the biggest complaint about the original cyber sleuth in Japan was the difficulty, and they kind of fixed that with hard mode.

I believe the developers expect players to be de-digivolving farily regularly to increase their Ability stat. The way the game is designed, they also want players to have a very large stable of fighters. Making random mobs super difficult would force players to stick to 3 or 4 digimon instead of experimenting.

Anyone running around in early-mid game who refuse to de-digivolve and have level 50 champions or level 70 ultimates with low Ability stat are eventually going to hit the wall

"Man, the digivolutions for this thing are boring and dopey. This one evolves into...Salamon? Fuck I shoulda picked something else. What a stupid looking weak-ass-"

*Holy Light does 600 damage to an enemy*

"...kill, my pretty."

NMFried

Finally got my Angemon, so excited. And just wrote my review of this game, so I'll post it when it goes up on Sunday. Great stuff.

Current team: Angemon, Gargomon, Renamon, Biyomon.

ViciousDS

Banned
So glad hard mode isn't tied to a trophy .....I hate games that do that shit. Give the game meaningful content other then....hey heres a trophy that we put in on another difficulty to add more value

So far, I'm just digivolving a few in-training mon to rookies, like Motimon and Yokomon.
Current team consists of Gargomon, Garurumon(blk), and Gagomon. Black Greymon is in reserves.

Just picked this up the other night and hardly got started but just curious, where are the dlc black digimon? Figured they would just be in the crew when you can access it but they're nowhere to be found.

ahdurian

Just picked this up the other night and hardly got started but just curious, where are the dlc black digimon? Figured they would just be in the crew when you can access it but they're nowhere to be found.

when you start Chapter 2
i just found this out myself since I got to it now

also don't know what my team is gonna be yet
Right now I have Gabumon, Agumon and Patamon. I think I might de-digivolve Aguman to get Guilmon
might switch out Gabumon for Gaomon
Definitely want to keep Angemon though. my all-time fave boo

Top Bottom