• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth |OT| The Prodigious Mon Returns (Courtesy of a Petition)

Justified

It's actually on floor one of nagano near one of the map exits

He said he did that already.

If the owner already gave you the history lesson, it should be a connect jump point on the left wall

You may need to talk to the Girl in the front hall on the 1st floor, and the guy in the back also

Finally got to play around 2 hours. The copy I ordered didn't arrive today since the delivery guy decided to skip my address today of all days (thanks) so I went out and bought another copy and have to return the other one tomorrow... It's Digimon so it's worth it

Plays well so far, everything is nicely polished, story seems interesting. The Digimon are cute as hell.

On the technical side (PS4)

Character models look VERY nice, textures in the real world are blurry, but the virtual world looks nice and sharp. Very impressive. You can feel the Vita roots but it's not much different from any other crossgen PSVita/PS4 game.

Can't tell me this doesn't look great
Jj23gQC.jpg

My only complaint is the framerate, I don't care that it's not stable but it seems to have some microstutter which I'm very sensitive to. Feels like it runs at 59 FPS, which makes it skip a frame every second. It's very apparent when the camera moves, but I'll live with it. I only know this specific issue from PC games where it's easily fixable, never seen it in a console game before.

Stuart444

The PS4 version feels stable enough to me. It's actually very nice how fast things are after playing the Vita version.

My main complaint is that even with screenshot settings set to PNG, they saves as JPG :(

MongKey

Ok I had to pick up the case. It wasn't there until I investigated the first area on the first floor. Thanks.
No sweat. Future red pin quest are also like this where you first investigate before picking it up at the whiteboard. I ran around aimlessly like you too the first time lol.

Drop

I'm having a blast with this game, I just started chapter 4 and man, the boss in chapter 3 was a nice challenge, thankfully I had plenty of champion digimon to make a strategy with.

Been playing and loving it so far, still on chapter one but played for 4 hours just levelling up. The levelling system seems pretty damn great and makes grinding fun and worth it

Quick question, is it worth always levelling a digimon to the max level before digivolving it? I have tokomon ready to go to patomon(sp?) but it still has a couple of levels to go till max so wanted to check.

Kyari

I know the original post on this topic (briefly) mentions PSTV compatibility on the Vita version of this game, but the UK PSN store says that it is Playstation Vita only. Can anyone confirm this working on the PSTV in the UK?

Stuart444

On PS4? I just took screens, and they're PNG

Yeah, I upload them to twitter and they upload as JPG even though share settings means all screenshots should be PNG.

edit: huh, I just checked and yeah they are PNG but upload as JPG like they get converted or something... weird.

Yeah, I upload them to twitter and they upload as JPG even though share settings means all screenshots should be PNG.

edit: huh, I just checked and yeah they are PNG but upload as JPG like they get converted or something... weird.

Yeah I think that's just twitter being twitter. You have to do some image editing magic to keep them as PNG afaik. Imgur also converted mine to JPG.

You have to upload them manually to abload or something if you want to keep them as PNG

Justified

I think you have to save to USB to not get them converted

Stuart444

Yeah I think that's just twitter being twitter. You have to do some image editing magic to keep them as PNG afaik. Imgur also converted mine to JPG.

You have to upload them manually to abload or something if you want to keep them as PNG

So annoying :/ ah well. I can just take the whole capture gallery for the game off the console once I've completed the game.

L95

I think you have to save to USB to not get them converted

Didn't realize you could save them to USB will do that from now on, but in the meantime. (forgive me, I'm new to the PS4 in general)

POk2xDr.jpg

Mah team.

Lucemon is 69 levels from digivolving. (I have the stats already set up to be ready when he hits the right level)

I want that Black Greymon line, but I can't de-digivolve my Black Agumon. :( Where can I find a Tsumemon?
Also, I don't want to digivolve my Tai(or any of the clothed) Agumon. :(
I'm currently on chapter 2. Are there any items this early on where you can raise your party capacity?

I want that Black Greymon line, but I can't de-digivolve my Black Agumon. :( Where can I find a Tsumemon?
I'm currently on chapter 2. Are there any items this early on where you can raise your party capacity?

Chapter 4

And memory up

Stuart444

There was some Punimon near the start of the game. Do you have one or have a digimon you can devolve back into Punimon (the red baby Digimon)

They digivolve into Tsunomon.

Same if you have any Goblimon or Gabumon normals you can devolve.

Also the first boss you face drops a memory up in Chapter 2. He's got a Champion so make sure you have at least 3 rookies. And maybe put on some of the equipment (Atk attach for instance) which you should find in some chests assuming you're looting chests :)

Digivolve into one of BlackAgumon's other available options, then de-digivolve back to BlackAgumon.

Just got my copy of the game in the mail, forgot to pre order it though so I guess this means I am just SOL when it comes to the bonus dlc. I hope this game really is as good as people have been saying it is.

Skatterd

So...downloading the digital version currently

Is the the beginning head start pack what includes Beelzemon Blast Mode and Kerpymon (Black)? Or...

Chapter 4

And memory up

There was some Punimon near the start of the game. Do you have one or have a digimon you can devolve back into Punimon (the red baby Digimon)

They digivolve into Tsunomon.

Same if you have any Goblimon or Gabumon normals you can devolve.

Also the first boss you face drops a memory up in Chapter 2. He's got a Champion so make sure you have at least 3 rookies. And maybe put on some of the equipment (Atk attach for instance) which you should find in some chests assuming you're looting chests :)

The bronze cup as well.

Digivolve into one of BlackAgumon's other available options, then de-digivolve back to BlackAgumon.
Thanks, guys. :)

Stuart444

What is the point of getting all these powerful digimons when the game is so easy and everything can be taken out in 1-2 hits?

Fun, plus some bosses aren't 1-2 hit kills, especially later in the game. Hard mode bosses also seem much tougher anyway.

And even better if we get the demon lord DLC with no issues since those bosses are tough, especially Lucemon.

Cruxist

How's the frame rate on the Vita version? I'm going on a looooong trip soon and am deciding between this and Majoras Mask 3D.

Stuart444

How's the frame rate on the Vita version? I'm going on a looooong trip soon and am deciding between this and Majoras Mask 3D.

Pretty stable 30. Some slow down later in the game iirc but not too much. For the most part, it's a stable 30.

Can you name digimon?

Yes

It's in the Op that no one ever reads because why would we in this day and age? (I know this sounds snarky but it's mostly a joke lol :p)

Q: Can you name your Digimon?

A: Yes, it’s a bit hidden though. When you are in the menu, select Digimon, then Settings, then the Digimon's portrait. It will give you the keyboard to type in their name. If you are planning to raise a lot of Digimon, it is a good idea to give them names, as the loose Digivolution routes can make it hard to remember who's who.

Top Bottom