• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth |OT| The Prodigious Mon Returns (Courtesy of a Petition)

silva1991

Just got this beast

latest

does he evolve to alphamon?

Dawg

the type/attribute tutorial felt a bit confusing for me, or maybe translation was a bit off, i'm still not 100% sure how to check type/attribute in battle and what causes 1,5x atk and 2x atk.

anyway, current team:

CafqGRXW0AAk9YI.jpg:large

Delio

Omg GranKuwagamon looks as awesome as I figured it would. Always been one of my favorite Megas lol. Shame I cant get GrandisKuwagamon tho :/

Kinsei

Banned
I told myself I'd stop grind yet here I am with BlackWarGreymon, RustTyranomon, and Kerpymon (Vice). I also got Dorugreymon's ABI up to 40 for Alphamon & Infermon's ABI up to 70 so I'm close to Beelzemon. Someone please stop me from grinding, haha.

the type/attribute tutorial felt a bit confusing for me, or maybe translation was a bit off, i'm still not 100% sure how to check type/attribute in battle and what causes 1,5x atk and 2x atk.

anyway, current team:

Type and attribute is denoted by the symbol by their name at the bottom of the screen mid battle. That water drop by Terriermon means he's vaccine and is strong against virus (denoted by the spiky symbol by Gabumon & Agumon), virus is good against data (a square symbol) and data is good against vaccine. Attribute is based on the color (red for fire, yellow for electricity, etc, etc).

Trace

Banned

anyway, current team:

Easiest way I've checked is just select a skill and aim at who you want to hit. If the cursor is bright red, 2-3x damage. Slightly red 1.5x. Neutral 1x. And blue is bad.

sephi22

20 hours and 5 megas evolved. Don't know if I like this game.

Due to the limited voice lines and repetitive music, I turned off the sound and have been playing the game while watching TV/streams on my laptop. I'm in Chapter 8 or 9 at the moment and the story has been booty buttcheeks thus far. The localization is terrible, the base writing itself is confusing, the characters are cliched and I have trouble following the thread of conversation between them sometimes. Arata and Nokia are 2 of the blandest JRPG friend characters I've seen. Right now the game hasn't really engaged me. Nothing in it has happened that's required 100% of my attention. Here's hoping the story gets better in the second half.

Kinsei

Banned
Yes, but you won't be able to evolve an Alphamon until after a sidequest that only opens up after Chapter 19.

That long? I really have been wasting my time upping the ABI of the Digimon I plan on evolving into the holy knights, haven't I? I assume by then you can get EXP much faster that fights against two champions.

20 hours and 5 megas evolved. Don't know if I like this game.

Due to the limited voice lines and repetitive music, I turned off the sound and have been playing the game while watching TV/streams on my laptop. I'm in Chapter 8 or 9 at the moment and the story has been booty buttcheeks thus far. The localization is terrible, the base writing itself is confusing, the characters are cliched and I have trouble following the thread of conversation between them sometimes. Arata and Nokia are 2 of the blandest JRPG friend characters I've seen. Right now the game hasn't really engaged me. Nothing in it has happened that's required 100% of my attention. Here's hoping the story gets better in the second half.
Whenever people say this I feel like we're playing different games, haha.
I'm on chapter 7 and the story is decent so far. Definitely not terrible.

Stuart444

That long? I really have been wasting my time upping the ABI of the Digimon I plan on evolving into the holy knights, haven't I? I assume by then you can get EXP much faster that fights against two champions.

Late game spoiler as to why you need to wait til the side quest:
the side quest involves facing off against the Royal Knights. Until you have beaten Alphamon, you may not become Alphamon.

Yeah, I wouldn't worry too much about preparing Digimon for that. By the time you get there you have access to the best EXP area in the game, and you'll probably have dozens of Digimon with the right stats.

sephi22

It started well, but I can't tell you what I've done in the last 2 chapters. Its all a blur. Last few chapters have been
Go to job board -> Listen to some caricature drone about some menial technology issue -> Jump into electronic item -> Fight digimon causing issue -> Digimon realizes its mistake -> Extended mission end dialogue with Kyoko's nonsensical wrapup idioms -> Rinse, repeat

The main plot's moving at a snail's pace for me. Besides Agumon and Gabumon, the digimon themselves have shown little personality and the human personalities are bad. The 'eat food around the building' mission with Arata and Nokia had me annoyed because I didn't feel the characters had any real chemistry with each other but the dialogue made it sound like they're real good friends. Again, I haven't been paying 100% attention

yami4ct

I'm on Chapter 6, and story wise I just don't care. It feels really oddly paced, jumping from story beat to story beat with just the barest connecting tissue. The main character isn't the fun kind of silent, just sort of boring. Her reactions are funny sometimes, but that's about it. Nokia is bland as shit. Kyoko could be cool, but it feels like she hasn't done really anything much of note. Everyone else just isn't memorable.

I think my biggest problem is I think that 90% of the human designs are super unpleasant to look at. I wish Yasuda would stop getting major work in games. I cannot stand his style, particularly his female characters.

I'm here for the combat and the monster raising, and luckily the game is aces on both of those fronts.

MechaX

Man, Seadramon is pretty buff given the damage he can do + being a good data type at a lesser memory cost.

I am also getting close to being able to evolve Blue Greymon, Veedramon, and Gatomon to ultimate, but fuck me, where are the memory upgrades?! Just let me go hog-wild with the team already!

I also need to figure out what in the fuck I want to do with DemiDevimon. I guess I'll try to get a LadyDevimon out of it eventually, but I have no idea how the ABI stuff works.

Croc

Banned
Are there any really great items worth finding that Victory guy every chapter for? I've found him in ch 5 and 6, not sure if I've already missed any or what. I'm just curious if I should spend time looking for him each chapter or not.

Are there any really great items worth finding that Victory guy every chapter for? I've found him in ch 5 and 6, not sure if I've already missed any or what. I'm just curious if I should spend time looking for him each chapter or not.
Just look up a list of his locations. He has ten exclusive medals so if you want to collect all those/get the trophy for it you need to find him every time.

Croc

Banned
Just look up a list of his locations. He has ten exclusive medals so if you want to collect all those/get the trophy for it you need to find him every time.

Okay cool, looks like I haven't missed anything yet. Not sure if I'll try for platinum (I haven't even looked at the trophy list yet) but at least I know I won't miss out on it cause of this.

I dont understand Cherubimon vice SS..Are there any SP draining skills?? Because i never saw any.

Also i like how you can just mode change imperialdramon at will! Makes things way easier

Reszo

Question, when I DNA digivolve. How are the stats determined? Im about to get Silphymon and I'm not sure if I should just grab a random gatomon

What are the + #'s in a Digimon's stats page of? Some have ATK "#" (+"#"). Does that mean it's attack is actually 104? I'm asking because I want to digivolve Garurumon, but his ATK is 89 (+5).

Wow, I'm really impressed with this game. Gotta hand it to those who put the petition together and signed, way to spot a gem. It's sheer addiction. I don't really know what I'm doing but that only fuels the time I spend in menus looking at everything. Early in the game it feels like the amount of mon I have are already overwhelming!

Stuart444

Does this game have a story on par with persona?

Not sure on this...

All I can say about the story is that it's on par with the best of the Digimon anime series imo. Adventure/Tamers/Savers level personally.

Oh yes, on the ABI note.

I forget the exact stuff but I do know that ABI determines how much BONUS stats you're able to get.

Higher ABI = higher bonus stats from the training farm.

Does this game have a story on par with persona?

That's pretty hard to say. P3 was something special, and while I don't like 4's story, the cast of characters were fantastic.

Idk if it's on par with Persona, but the story is pretty good seeing that it's based on detectives and cybercrime.

Stuart444

Ah yes, just found an old thread on gamefaqs.

Basically for bonus stats it's (ABI / 2) + 50

100 bonus points total between all stats.

So if you want a MAX int Lilithmon, you would want max ABI and train them in the farm all on int.

Then it should be "INT (+100)" I believe.

Okay cool, looks like I haven't missed anything yet. Not sure if I'll try for platinum (I haven't even looked at the trophy list yet) but at least I know I won't miss out on it cause of this.
It's the only missable thing in the game so if you're ever gonna want the Plat, it's a good idea to keep track of it. :)

Top Bottom