• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth |OT| The Prodigious Mon Returns (Courtesy of a Petition)

expressioned

Neo Member
Hey guys,

This question is for those with the game. I like digimon a lot, but I'm somewhat on the fence atm. I'm not sure if the turn based gameplay is something I'm gonna like cause I feel it might be a bit too slow. Should I bother getting it it this is the case?

MongKey

Thank you, is Max HP stat items farmable or easily accessible ? According to the fiend guide the HP growth for my digimons are only 10 per lv.
The shop in Nakano sells stats up equipment including HP and SP. You can also use the farm to increase HP by making a Durable digimon as leader.
Hey guys,

This question is for those with the game. I like digimon a lot, but I'm somewhat on the fence atm. I'm not sure if the turn based gameplay is something I'm gonna like cause I feel it might be a bit too slow. Should I bother getting it it this is the case?
For me, the battle move along super fast since most enemy digimons dies in 1-3 hit depending if I have type advantage or not though I am pretty bias on turn based gameplay. For the record, I played on hard so battles should be even faster on normal difficulty. I suggest watching some videos and streams to see if its good enough for you.

I think the biggest thing about this game is discovering the Digimons and making your dream team which involve lots of grinding. Don't know how you feel about grinding though.

silva1991

3 training sessions and wizardmon only got like 3-5 ATK bonuses!

not worth it tbh I would rather scan SkullMeramon whenever I see him.

it's weird, because garurmon got like 10 ATK in one session.

any one has any idea what other digimons evolve into SkullMeramon?

Gerugamesh

Neo Member
3 training sessions and wizardmon only got like 3-5 ATK bonuses!

not worth it tbh I would rather scan SkullMeramon whenever I see him.

it's weird, because garurmon got like 10 ATK in one session.

any one has any idea what other digimons evolve into SkullMeramon?

Ogremon

If you can, de-digivolve Wizardmon into Impmon, and then grind his levels up to evolve him into Ogremon. He has a way better attack stat for the requirement. You'll need to de-digivolve and digivolve anyway to get the ABI stat up anyway, which Beelzemon needs a lot of.

Is Renamon's training lvls in the early chapters? I can't seem to get her :(

Renamon will evolve from Tanemon.

Rekubot

Looking at the evolution charts it seems there are many ultimates that don't get a mega stage (
only 2 of the 5 babies go all the way to mega
). Does that diminish the number of Digimon you can play as in the late game, or are ultimates still strong enough?

silva1991

Ogremon

If you can de-digivolve Wizardmon into Impmon, and then grind his levels up to evolve him into Ogremon. He has a way better attack stat for the requirement. You'll need to de-digivolve and digivolve anyway to get the ABI stat up anyway, which Beelzemon needs a lot of.

Thanx and holyshit ogremon already has almost 100ATK at lv1? that's great.

duckroll

Picked up a retail copy for Vita. Played an hour so far. Really fun! I'm pretty surprised at how it really feels like a proper JRPG with good production values. The graphics are good, the designs are good, the music is really good, and the story is actually pretty damn interesting. Haven't played a Digimon game in over a decade, but this seems good!

Gerugamesh

Neo Member
Looking at the evolution charts it seems there are many ultimates that don't get a mega stage (
). Does that diminish the number of Digimon you can play as in the late game, or are ultimates still strong enough?

Thise charts don't seem to be complete. I'm pretty sure every evolution line will end with at least one or two megas.

CahrYZBVAAAfH0K.jpg:large

KERPYMON! KERPYMOOOOON

Hyunashi

16 hrs in and still on chapter 4. Spending so much time leveling my mons. Cant wait to get Magnaangemon ~
This game is just too good dam.

silva1991

Lol, I couldn't even scratch
blackwargreymon and blackmetalgaruromon
, but I did put them to sleep until the end of the battle.

edit: Nokia gets wargreymon before me?

616.jpg

This isn't true, all paths lead to megas as far as I can tell.

EDIT That chart seems very incomplete.

I feel like I probably shouldn't have ShineGreymon, ImperialDramon and Magnadramon in one team in the beginning of Chapter 8 but I don't care. This game has me grinding just because I want to digivolve even though I'm plenty powerful already

I got a quest to find some of Armadillomon's lost stuff - he says it's on Level 1 of Kowloon but I've been all over (it's not that big) and it's nowhere to be found? The hell?

aravuus

Any good guides around? I'd like to do as much as possible on the first playthrough (find all items, do all quests etc).

...a little bit saddened this thread is more active than the gravity rush remastered thread...

smh

=/

Lol. Smh indeed.

e: the main character sure likes talking to himself lmao

Regarding Digimon in the farm;

Is there any disadvantages to just maxing them and DGVing/DeDGVing between their lowest 2 forms or do the gains get more effective at Rookie and Champion?

Lexxism

I can't seem to find a list in the OP on what each personality can do. Is there someone with a link?

Never mind. I found it somewhere.

Zalman

How does this game compare to other Digimon games? I watched the show back in the day, but the video games never grabbed me. I've played the PS1 games and a couple of the DS ones.

Sandfox

How does this game compare to other Digimon games? I watched the show back in the day, but the video games never grabbed me. I've played the PS1 games and a couple of the DS ones.

This is a sequel to the Digimon World/Story series for the DS.

MongKey

I got a quest to find some of Armadillomon's lost stuff - he says it's on Level 1 of Kowloon but I've been all over (it's not that big) and it's nowhere to be found? The hell?
Did you talk to Armadillomon at the entrance of Kowloon level 1? You need to talk to the quest giver for the item to generate and they usually hang out right next to the transporter. The item your looking for is a shiny on the ground.
Any good guides around? I'd like to do as much as possible on the first playthrough (find all items, do all quests etc).
http://www.gamefaqs.com/vita/757436-digimon-story-cyber-sleuth/faqs/71778

This is a very thorough and great guide.

This is part of the DS story series (called Digimon World DS in the west) but is significantly better than any of the DS games IMO.

Justified

Are there any really great items worth finding that Victory guy every chapter for? I've found him in ch 5 and 6, not sure if I've already missed any or what. I'm just curious if I should spend time looking for him each chapter or not.

Where was he in chp.6 for you? He wasn't on the 3rd floor for me.

MongKey

Where was he in chp.6 for you? He wasn't on the 3rd floor for me.
Are you right in the beginning of Chapter 6? I did some story stuff that directed me to go to the 3rd floor bookstore and found him there. Thank god because I've completely forgotten about him. I suggest making a safety save and moving the story a bit to see if he's there.

aravuus

Actually they use nothing but skills when autoed lol

they never ever used normal attack in my game unless they lack SP.

Hahaha yeah, I just tried auto-battling and the starter digimon used nothing but the most costly skill it had lol

Unless SP can be easily replenished later on, I suppose I'll stick with manual battles. Seems pretty snappy and fast anyway so it's no big deal.

Nightbird

Using skills doesn't really feel like you are wasting sp, because your whole crew levels up every few battles anyway (on normal at least)

notaskwid

God damn I havent played the same game for so much timw with minimal stops since 999 or something ahah. I'm loving it!.. why the hell doesn't Renamon have Kyuubimon has an evolution? I was like, what.

silva1991

Where does Keramon spawn the most? i think i only ever saw him once

in the first digital shift where you meet Suedu(I hope I didn't butchered the name) the creepy guy for teh first time you will see millions of keramon, the one before him and the very baby of that line.

edit: or maybe just Tsumemon and Kuramon are there, but that's good enough.

Top Bottom