• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth |OT| The Prodigious Mon Returns (Courtesy of a Petition)

So what are we looking at in terms of maxing ABI in the lowest time possible? Digivolve as soon as you get the chance or wait till the digimon hits level cap and do it that way

Stuart444

So what are we looking at in terms of maxing ABI in the lowest time possible? Digivolve as soon as you get the chance or wait till the digimon hits level cap and do it that way

Pretty sure you get a higher increase in ABI if you wait til they get to their current max level to de-digivolve.

Does this game have a story on par with persona?

I'd put it on par with Persona 3, but I'm a big Digimon fan. (It's no Persona 4 or Innocent Sin, though)

The story is very backloaded. The first half is alright, but it's mostly just some smaller and less connected stories. The second half is much stronger, and flows together much better. It has some really excellent plot twists, although I wonder how much certain ones will hit people who aren't big Digimon fans.

Croc

Banned
Ah yes, just found an old thread on gamefaqs.

Basically for bonus stats it's (ABI / 2) + 50

100 bonus points total between all stats.

So if you want a MAX int Lilithmon, you would want max ABI and train them in the farm all on int.

Then it should be "INT (+100)" I believe.

How can you choose which stat to train? I only just see general training.

Hard

Banned
Hmm should I get the PS4 or Vita versions?

The physical disk and increased performance on PS4 is nice, but I think I'd be more likely to actually finish the game buying it on Vita. I've only used my PS4 sparingly being buried under college work.

yami4ct

Are there any good video reviews? I haven't been able to find any in english.

Seems like Bamco didn't send review copies out ahead of time. It'll take time for those who either got review versions at launch or bought their own to play through and make their reviews.

duckroll

Hey guys this looks good! I think I'll pick this up right no-...

xWldGhe.png

.... oh. :(

"The thing about you is you got some well developed friendships considering how poorly developed your character is"- Nokia

Devs pls

Well, I realized the blue terminal in DigiLab sells farm goods, but they're also expensive as shit. How does anyone make that kind of money quickly?

Stuart444

Ahhh, the dot status effect is so cute lol

Also one of the most annoying later in the game. :(

but it isn't a Digimon game with the dot status effect lol.
Especially if you're a Digimon World 1 fan :p

Well, I realized the blue terminal in DigiLab sells farm goods, but they're also expensive as shit. How does anyone make that kind of money in a timely manner?

Not for quite a while.

You do find farm goods as you go through the story, requests or chests. Just make sure to pick up everything and do all the requests and you should find some eventually)

yami4ct

Well, I realized the blue terminal in DigiLab sells farm goods, but they're also expensive as shit. How does anyone make that kind of money in a timely manner?

I have more money than I know what to do with right now and I don't even know where I got it. Just playing the game, not really farming or anything.

Got to the side dungeon in Chapter 4 where you find a gear for a Hagurumon and spent a ton of time grinding there. Now have my first Ultimate in Zudomon. The rest of my team is PlatinumSukamon, Dorugamon and Stingmon. Had to deposit Veedramon when I digivolved Ikkakumon.

Minute before: I can't wait to see how awesome the digimon Ankylomon evolves into

latest

minute later:

latest

are you serious?
Don't be hatin on Meteormon, he's an independent palette swap who don't need no man.
Gotsumon has the laziest line of evolutions ever bar none.

Minute before: I can't wait to see how awesome the digimon Ankylomon evolves into

latest

minute later:

latest

are you serious?
Don't Digimon have evolution branches? Couldn't it have evolved into something else? Lol

Anyway, I think I'm stuck against
the two blue meramon
. :( They're so strong (in hard mode) and my hits don't do much damage, even with Vaccine types.

silva1991

Yessssss finally got Ladydevimon

She is so gonna be with angewomon in my party

tumblr_ne9wxo47GP1t0zxm0o1_r1_400.gif

lol

Don't be hatin on Meteormon, he's an independent palette swap who don't need no man.
Gotsumon has the laziest line of evolutions ever bar none.

I'll keep the poor Ankylomon as a defender to raise other digimons DEF

that will be his only job :p

Don't Digimon have evolution branches? Couldn't it have evolved into something else? Lol

the two blue meramon
. :( They're so strong (in hard mode) and my hits don't do much damage, even with Vaccine types.

You picked the evolution choice that wasn't MagnaAngemon, SkullGreymon or Shakkoumon. That's crappy luck, right there.

already have magnaangemon and not really interested in this thing

latest

MongKey

the two blue meramon
The best way to beat them is to attack one of them until it have barely any HP left but don't kill him. Then start attacking the other until that one is dead and finish off the other one. If you accidentally kill 1 of them early then the remaining one will get buffs that multiplies his damage so much that its skills will one shot most Digimons, even with type advantage. I've been there :(

It's best to have a high def Digimon as a full time healer with HP healing items or any digimon with party heal skill (e.g. Gatomon learns valor). It's an endurance battle so if you tough it out and you should prevail in the end.

The best way to beat them is to attack one of them until it have barely any HP left but don't kill him. Then start attacking the other until that one is dead and finish off the other one. If you accidentally kill 1 of them early then the remaining one will get buffs that multiplies his damage so much that its skills will one shot most Digimons, even with type advantage. I've been there :(

It's best to have a high def Digimon as a full time healer with HP healing items or any digimon with party heal skill (e.g. Gatomon learns valor). It's an endurance battle so if you tough it out and you should prevail in the end.
I currently have Rapidmon, Gatomon, Gaogomon, Garurumon(BLK), and Greymon(BLK). Oh, and Angemon. Angemon, Gatomon, and Rapidmon less than level 20, while the others are in the low-mid 20s.

Now that I have my Ultimates, there's no point in staying in the Hagurumon dungeon anymore. I won't be needing Megas until my memory is enough to sustain 3 of them.

Nightbird

Five and a half hours in, at the start of chapter 4, and this is my team

Cag6te8XEAQrLst.jpg

I really underestimated Sunflowmon, that thing saved me in the battle against
Jimiken

This battle would have gone a different way hadn't I decided to digivolve all my rookies before that fight >.>

MongKey

I currently have Rapidmon, Gatomon, Gaogomon, Garurumon(BLK), and Greymon(BLK). Oh, and Angemon. Angemon, Gatomon, and Rapidmon less than level 20, while the others are in the low-mid 20s.
Rapidmon, Gatomon and Angemon should do very well. Buy some HP up equipment in Nakano and put it on Gatomon since she lacks HP. Both Angemon and Gatomon learns their healing skill, X-Heal and Aura, at level 18, get them first if you haven't. If they are level 18 and the skill is not in their skill list then you may have to swap those skills in. If you feel your digimons are underleveled then leveling them up to low 20s should suffice.

As for the battle itself, Rapidmon will be the main damage dealer, Gatomon as full time healer and Angemon as a mixed of the two. It's best to keep Gatomon HP full though she should be good to survive 2 hits from their most powerful skill. Let Angemon attack if Gatomon have more than half HP and heal if less. He should also be the one that heal their SP since both Gatomon and Rapidmon needs to excessively use their skills for healing and attack. Doing this should be enough to win the battle. For the record, I went in with Gatomon, Veedramon and Icedevimon using the exact same strategy.

grimmiq

So is it fine to choose Digimon based entirely on how cool they look? I read on normal it's never really an issue, but how about on hard?

MongKey

So is it fine to choose Digimon based entirely on how cool they look? I read on normal it's never really an issue, but how about on hard?
Against normal mobs it's mostly fine though there will be time when normal mobs with type advantage can kill your digimons with their skills. Bosses are an entirely different beasts so type advantage is a must and that's where the farm shines. Just train tons of digimons at the farm while using your favorite digimons. When you meet a boss you couldn't beat or having a hard time going through dungeons with your main party then you have digimons in the farm as backups.

In conclusion, it's fine to base your digimon choices with their appearances. Just make sure there's a supply of backups ready at the farm.

ReaperXL7

until I saw that list on gamefaqs the way I made sure to get the digimon I was after was to save right before digivolving and then if it was someone I didn't want I would just restart from my last save and pick another. Kind of a pain but It worked out for me.

Sandfox

Five and a half hours in, at the start of chapter 4, and this is my team

Cag6te8XEAQrLst.jpg

I really underestimated Sunflowmon, that thing saved me in the battle against
Jimiken

This battle would have gone a different way hadn't I decided to digivolve all my rookies before that fight >.>

I'm 14 hours in and at the same place you are lol. I think I spent too much time goofing around.

Xenoflare

Is it normal to have Digimon with low HPs/stats in general from the get go my champions are getting outclassed by my palmon

yami4ct

Holy shit lol. I think I'm at 9 hours and I just finished Chapter 6.

You want slow? I'm 26 hours in and I'm just going to wrap Chapter 6.

I'm having a ton of fun just grinding up different digimon, so the vast, vast majority of my time is going to that. I realize that where I'm at it's super inefficient to do that, but I've just be having too much fun messing around with it while I was watching TV or something to stop. Probably going to buckle down and cruise through like 4-5 chapters pretty soon.

Xenoflare

...a little bit saddened this thread is more active than the gravity rush remastered thread...

smh

=/

....?

This is a new game, not a remaster, and it's like an operation rainfall kind of thing. Of course it would have more momentum...... I guess?

Or am I missing something?

Just got to Chapter 6. My Zudomon beasted the 2 BlueMeramon fight. Just focused down one and then killed the other. Stingmon died just before I finished the 2nd one off but that fight didn't give much exp anyways.

MongKey

Is it normal to have Digimon with low HPs/stats in general from the get go my champions are getting outclassed by my palmon
Yes. The digimon base stats are already predetermined so its possible for champions to have low HP/stats like Gatomon who have 250 base HP. You can check the digimons base stats in the field guide.

Xenoflare

Yes. The digimon base stats are already predetermined so its possible for champions to have low HP/stats like Gatomon who have 250 base HP. You can check the digimons base stats in the field guide.

Thank you, is Max HP stat items farmable or easily accessible ? According to the fiend guide the HP growth for my digimons are only 10 per lv.

Top Bottom