• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth |OT| The Prodigious Mon Returns (Courtesy of a Petition)

aravuus

Okay, as someone who actually quite likes grinding in JRPGs, I can see this digivolving stuff consuming me

Gotta evolve em all

silva1991

ABI = Ability. Raise by de-digivolving.

Needed for many Mega-level Digimon. Also to raise the max level of your Digimon AND for bonus points that you can train in the farm. Stats gained in the farm is based off who the farm leader is. Personality of the leader determines the bonus stats gained.

As a side note again:

(ABI / 2 ) + 50

Max 100 bonus stats allowed (once you're ABI is at 100)

bonus stats are the numbers in brackets in the stat screen.

This is hard work -__-

but I'm glad that all of this exists.

MechaX

Holy fuck, the difficulty spike on the hard mode Eater boss in the Subway is off the chain.

How in the fuck do you go from fighting bosses that do 100 damage tops and then minutes later you fight a boss that does like 800 damage plus regens?

I don't want to turn down the difficulty, but oh man, it's like something got seriously broken in terms of stats in the difficulty increase. I am at a complete loss on how to deal with this guy in a way that doesn't involve grinding.
I can do fine enough despite his absurdly high damage due to my team of champions, but then he does the absorb attack on the guest digimon and does a whooping 1,200 HP in damage and regens everything he took.
Please tell me I am just missing something simple about this thing.

aravuus

The green SS on a digimon's data page is its support skill, right? Does it apply to everyone even though the way it's worded doesn't exactly imply that ("increases x stat by x%", for example) and are the reserve mons' support skills active, or do they have to be in the frontline?

e: also does a digimon's personality affect anything?

Oreiller

Holy fuck, the difficulty spike on the hard mode Eater boss in the Subway is off the chain.

How in the fuck do you go from fighting bosses that do 100 damage tops and then minutes later you fight a boss that does like 800 damage plus regens?

I don't want to turn down the difficulty, but oh man, it's like something got seriously broken in terms of stats in the difficulty increase. I am at a complete loss on how to deal with this guy in a way that doesn't involve grinding.
I can do fine enough despite his absurdly high damage due to my team of champions, but then he does the absorb attack on the guest digimon and does a whooping 1,200 HP in damage and regens everything he took.

Had a bit of trouble with this one as well.
Use attacks that ignore the ennemy's defense (if none of your digimon has such attacks, try to get a Gekomon or a Stingmon) and have all your digimons guard when the boss has two turns in a row. He should go down in 3 or 4 attacks.

Stuart444

The green SS on a digimon's data page is its support skill, right? Does it apply to everyone even though the way it's worded doesn't exactly imply that ("increases x stat by x%", for example) and are the reserve mons' support skills active, or do they have to be in the frontline?

Reserve Digimon skills aren't active unless they are in the front line (it's why PlatSukamon bonus exp skill doesn't work)

Personality effects what stats are trained in the farm.

Put a Digimon with a certain personality (ie Defender which I think is DEF) as leader and every Digimon in the farm will gain bonus stats based on the leaders personality when trained in the farm.

Hikami

It applies to the whole party, they have to be on the front line though for it to activate.

Their personality affect what kind of stats are trained in the digifarm. Like if it's fighter and you set them as the farm leader and choose train, all the Digimon in the farm will have their ATK stat raised (along with whatever their own personality trait raises).

There's also Builder and Searcher though that help with the other 2 Digifarm options: Developing items and Investigating.

zpSP6lN.jpg
This is fucked.

Bladenic

I'm not there yet but you could always try a poison skill.

Also help I can't decide between Lopmon to Devimon or Gatomon. I wanted Gatomon but Devimon is so cool. Which one would be easier to acquire through another Digimon?

aravuus

Reserve Digimon skills aren't active unless they are in the front line (it's why PlatSukamon bonus exp skill doesn't work)

Personality effects what stats are trained in the farm.

Put a Digimon with a certain personality (ie Defender which I think is DEF) as leader and every Digimon in the farm will gain bonus stats based on the leaders personality when trained in the farm.

It applies to the whole party, they have to be on the front line though for it to activate.

Their personality affect what kind of stats are trained in the digifarm. Like if it's fighter and you set them as the farm leader and choose train, all the Digimon in the farm will have their ATK stat raised (along with whatever their own personality trait raises).

There's also Builder and Searcher though that help with the other 2 Digifarm options: Developing items and Investigating.

Thank you! Sorry for cluttering the thread with my questions, I just want to know exactly what I'm doing lol

This is fucked.

Any multiple choice dialogue is the only problems I have with the localization so far.
IF the choices actually match with the question asked, sometimes the choices aren't what they're supposed to be.
When the story presents choices it'll be split weirdly and not even a choice at all so it's like

How are you doing today?
  • I am doing very
  • well thank you
  • how about yourself?

Trace

Banned
Any multiple choice dialogue is the only problems I have with the localization so far.
IF the choices actually match with the question asked, sometimes the choices aren't what they're supposed to be.
When the story presents choices it'll be split weirdly and not even a choice at all so it's like

How are you doing today?
  • I am doing very
  • well thank you
  • how about yourself?

Yea there are some weird localization issues between the texts, and some of the choices. Like a lot of them just straight up don't make sense. Still nowhere near as bad as that SAO translation though, that was legendary.

Does maxing a digimon's level matter for evolving or is it better to evolce asap to save time?

DIgimon levels don't really matter except for battling. If you're focused on evolving, you can evolve ASAP if you'd like. However, it's worth nothing that if you're trying to fulfill ABI prerequisites, you need to grind and devolve/digivolve to increase your ABI stat.

MechaX

Had a bit of trouble with this one as well.
Use attacks that ignore the ennemy's defense (if none of your digimon has such attacks, try to get a Gekomon or a Stingmon) and have all your digimons guard when the boss has two turns in a row. He should go down in 3 or 4 attacks.

I'm not there yet but you could always try a poison skill.

Unfortunately, I didn't find a Digimon with a poison skill, but I ended up grinding a little bit and made two saves: one where I had Blue Greymon and Veedramon ready to evolve, Gatomon pretty damn close to it, and IceDevimon and Seadramon in reserve. With the other, I went full hog-wild, used those EXP items, and made a team of Cyberdramon, Blue MetalGreymon, and IceDevimon.

IceDevimon has a def-piercing skill and he still owned the thing in two hits by himself. I am now a believer of piercing skills.

T.O.P

Banned
Ch3 boss on HM wrecked me for like 4 tries before succeding

It litterally became an endurance run at the end, jeez

Reszo

Finally got Beelzemon! Was a hassle getting Infermon's HP to 2000. His Gluttony skill is pretty awesome too

Current Mains:
DpUl9dD.jpg

Stuart444

Start of Chapter 4...

And I have 2 of my EXP boosting partners :D

I'll probably still spend some time in the Hagurumon dungeon but not too much. Maybe try to get 1 more Plat if possible but we'll see. I can always pick one up later.

Stuart444

When/how do I get Farm Goods??

You'll find them or get them as rewards from quests.

BlackKingNumemon digivolve into Platinum?

No? (edit: yes, paper answered below. I haven't even had a BlackKingNumemon so I just assumed not. sorry)

Pabumon -> Motimon -> Hagurumon -> PlatinumSukamon -> Etemon -> PlatinumNumemon

Only the Suka and Nume (aka the plats) have the bonus EXP support skill.

Stuart444

You can always keep one in the farm for later chapters anyway.

Indeed. Though I believe when I played it originally, I almost always had 2 plats with me until I had more memory than I needed for that point in time haha. (then I put the 3rd one in and they recked shit and leveled up my reserve team with ease lol)

dragn

i just raised abi on 3 digimon to 80 by evolving to champion and back to baby a few times, with 2-3 platsuka it only takes 1 fight for each step. gives like 15abi for 5min. how do you guys raise abi?

Top Bottom