• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth |OT| The Prodigious Mon Returns (Courtesy of a Petition)

aravuus

Chapter 2 and I've already got two PlatSukamons. Hehe.

e: shame they're pretty much the ugliest shits (literally) of the bunch lol

Oyashiro

As soon as this game hits ~$40 I'm jumping in. I was a HUUUUUGE fan of Digimon when I was a kid (saw seasons 1-4 several times over) and the whole SMT battle system has me curious.

Edit: Also, why are there like 0 reviews for this game??? Too niche?

So I'm hearing from European folks that they aren't missing the voice clips in the Vita version. Can anyone here confirm?

A notable moment is in Chapter 5 when
you first enter Kamishiro Enterprises and Yuuko is faking a "friendly" voice.

As soon as this game hits ~$40 I'm jumping in. I was a HUUUUUGE fan of Digimon when I was a kid (saw seasons 1-4 several times over) and the whole SMT battle system has me curious.

It's $40 and amazing on the Vita. ;P

No reviews yet because they didn't expect this game to do very well and thus likely didn't bother sending out review codes. Also it's long so reviewers need time to dig into it. :)

The Digimon anime was the s*** during the late 1990s/early 2000s.

Interestingly, the user Metacritic rating is immensely high.

dragn

vita version in canada under 30$

J-Tier

I'm thinking of getting Gankuumon, Banchouleomon and one more in the end. Need some other badass gangsta Digimon, but dunno who'd be fitting.

Edit: D'oh! Beelzemon. That's my answer.

BTA

I'm understanding this right, the Vita version has missing voiced lines in chapters 5 and 6, yes? It's not like I have a ton of time for it at the moment anyway so this probably won't matter, but if I manage to get that far I guess I'll stop in chapter 4 till it's clear that they won't be patching it. It's disappointing that stuff like this happens.

RexNovis

Banned
Ok I'm at the Gold cup in the offline coliseum with a 52 AeroVeedramon, 48 Skullmeramon and a 45 BlueMeramon. All the fights until Flamedramon are a peice cause but the second I get to Flamedramon he straight up rocks me. I've tried about 9 times. How the fuck do you beat this guy?!?!!

AyanFaust

Banned
Ok I'm at the Gold cup in the offline coliseum with a 52 AeroVeedramon, 48 Skullmeramon and a 45 BlueMeramon. All the fights until Flamedramon are a peice cause but the second I get to Flamedramon he straight up rocks me. I've tried about 9 times. How the fuck do you beat this guy?!?!!

Need this answered as well. He's apparently like 3 times faster than my people as he goes three times before I finally can, and he just buffs himself then spams his all hit fire attack and can kill me suuuper quickly.

Truly the Dark Souls of monster collecting games. :p

But seriously, I haven't beaten him yet either. He might be the "wake up and use status effects and healing properly" fight or maybe you just need to get strong enough to where you can brute force him.

RexNovis

Banned
Truly the Dark Souls of monster collecting games. :p

But seriously, I haven't beaten him yet either. He might be the "wake up and use status effects and healing properly" fight or maybe you just need to get strong enough to where you can brute force him.

He's unbelievably powerful. Is it even possible to brute force him? Surely there's some mechanic/truck that I'm missing.

Sifl

I beat him pretty easily with a pretty shit team, I got lucky that I only had 1 physical attacker and he used accelerate+cross counter a lot. Level 51 Taomon, Level 29 Metal Greymon and Lvl 30 Angewoman. Angewoman died near the end because he started spamming his aoe crap, but I beat him by spamming Taomons special attack basically.

MongKey

He's unbelievably powerful. Is it even postings to brute force him? Surely there's some mechanic/truck that I'm missing.
Maybe you could make use of Aeroveedramon's support skill where it grants your team free first attack. If you hit him hard enough he might just die before he can even get a turn. The very definition of brute forcing :p

Stuart444

Just incase anyone underestimates the power of the poop!

Cajq0p1WEAA8Rcg.jpg:orig

Cajqzo2WAAAGDTv.jpg:orig

CajqyHzXIAAhbeL.jpg:orig

The purple symbol on the Peckmon is Bug via PlatinumSukamon's character reversal making them (the Peckmon) weak to Virus Type Digimon :)

OK, question: what does ABI actually /do/? I can't seem to get Growlmon's DEF high enough for the Wargrowlmon digivolution and raising ABI doesn't seem to be changing that much at all.

Stuart444

OK, question: what does ABI actually /do/? I can't seem to get Growlmon's DEF high enough for the Wargrowlmon digivolution and raising ABI doesn't seem to be changing that much at all.

ABI raises the max level, needed for Mega Evolutions and enables more bonus stats gained via the DigiFarm

(ABI / 2) + 50.

Higher ABI = more bonus stats gained from the Digifarm. Just make a Defender Personality Digimon the leader in the Digifarm and put your Digimon in the farm, set the training command up and wait.

Or continue grinding him up then de-digivolve him to increase his max level. Grind him up again and with a higher level comes a higher DEF ceiling. (I usually do this and save the bonus stats for when I have the mega I want. ie my max int Lilithmon :) )

ABI raises the max level, needed for Mega Evolutions and enables more bonus stats gained via the DigiFarm

(ABI / 2) + 50.

Higher ABI = more bonus stats gained from the Digifarm. Just make a Defender Personality Digimon the leader in the Digifarm and put your Digimon in the farm, set the training command up and wait.

Or continue grinding him up then de-digivolve him to increase his max level. Grind him up again and with a higher level comes a higher DEF ceiling. (I usually do this and save the bonus stats for when I have the mega I want. ie my max int Lilithmon :) )

I've been doing the second method so far and it's very, very tedious. Guess I'll try setting a Defender as Leader. Thanks!

Stuart444

I've been doing the second method so far and it's very, very tedious. Guess I'll try setting a Defender as Leader. Thanks!

Np, not sure if bonus stats are counted towards Digivolution or not though (I forget honestly) but it's worth a try?

Besides that of course, the Platinum Shits method is the best there is.

Kinsei

Banned
Made it to chapter 10! Now that
Nokia has WarGreymon & MetalGarurumon
I hope the random encounters start to get more interesting than champions.

Here was my team when I beat him.

Antylamon: Her passive skill gives your party health regen.

MetalGreymon (Blue): His signature move puts him into a counter stance and he can buff the defense of your team.

MegaSeadramon: The main damage dealer.

Using this team and some healing sprays I made it through without any casualties.

Np, not sure if bonus stats are counted towards Digivolution or not though (I forget honestly) but it's worth a try?

Besides that of course, the Platinum Shits method is the best there is.

They do. It is impossible to get Tokomon's INT up high enough for Lucemon without bonus stats, even at level 99.

MongKey

Wargrowlmon evolution doesn't have a DEF requirement. The DEF is a requirement for Growlmon to evolve into either Gigadramon or MetalTyrannomon. The Wargrowlmon evolution is the one with ATK and SPD requirement which is the second option from top. Growlmon will reach those requirement on its own at level 30.

Syntsui

Farming tactician USB is extremely annoying. Only got one after hours of resets.

I have the 10 builders and the 2 items that boost development. The RNG gods hate me.

Stuart444

Farming tactician USB is extremely annoying. Only got one after hours of resets.

I have the 10 builders and the 2 items that boost development. The RNG gods hate me.

You'll get some later anyway, (and end game, at least one Digimon drops them) I'd say leave it unless you despite the shits and want something else instead in which case, RNG away lol.

Syntsui

You'll get some later anyway, (and end game, at least one Digimon drops them) I'd say leave it unless you despite the shits and want something else instead in which case, RNG away lol.
I want to use them on the shitmons haha. I will drop one more, form my dream team and move on with the story.

Wargrowlmon evolution doesn't have a DEF requirement. The DEF is a requirement for Growlmon to evolve into either Gigadramon or MetalTyrannomon. The Wargrowlmon evolution is the one with ATK and SPD requirement which is the second option from top. Growlmon will reach those requirement on its own at level 30.

...Huh. Oops. Thanks, haha.

LycanXIII

I'm understanding this right, the Vita version has missing voiced lines in chapters 5 and 6, yes? It's not like I have a ton of time for it at the moment anyway so this probably won't matter, but if I manage to get that far I guess I'll stop in chapter 4 till it's clear that they won't be patching it. It's disappointing that stuff like this happens.

I've got the PS4 version, but I'm already past that part. It probably isn't that noticeable since very few characters have voiced lines. I'd say less than half, probably closer to a third, of the content I've gone through so far has been voiced.

Kouriozan

Chapter 4 boss on hard = wow.
"Data is converging"
is literally spelling your doom +
he gets almost full HP.
I appreciate the challenge though, not gonna switch difficulty.

Gerugamesh

Neo Member
When do I get the two DLC Digimon? I've reached the DigiLab but they don't appear to be in the bank.

All the Rookies you get by talking to a woman right next to the Detective Agency door. Beelzemon Blast Mode and Cherbuimon Dark you have to evolve to get to.

Stuart444

I'm still in the Hagurumon dungeon and I don't even know why...

I'm just fighting now to evolve some of my Digimon. Not even to use them, just to evolve them haha.

I'll also be de-digivolving one of my shits as they are almost max level. So I'll be down 1 for a few minutes lol.

MongKey

Are there any piercing skills that are inheritable? Those skills are priceless against the squids and the only ones I see are signature moves (e.g. Kuwagamon's and Cannonbeemon's). Having inheritable piercing skills will make my life easier against surprise squid encounters.

The Asian PSN is fucking ridiculous, the game is out for 5 days already and it still hasn't updated! It's way worse than with Cold Steel ~_~

Haha, yeah... Guess how I know that... Made the same mistake lol.

I was looking for a silhouette that matches Wargrowlmon's big dumb metal torso thing. At least now I can bring him up to speed with Taomon and Rapidmon.

...That said, I've got Infermon now and I'm not sure I want to stop using him just so I can have the Biggest Dreamers.

Top Bottom