• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth |OT| The Prodigious Mon Returns (Courtesy of a Petition)

Hikami

I'm just really fucking bummed and frustrated that an advertised feature of this game doesn't work because I don't have the DLC. What is the cut off for an order to be considered "pre-ordered" at Best Buy? I ordered 2/2 at like 730AM...

So I'm either going to return it or hope I can muster a code by being a pest. Really disappointing move. Or did I miss something and this was made clear by Namco?
I pre-order from Best Buy like weeks before the release date and still haven't gotten my code. Bandai Namco has to actually send them some since they've run out apparently.

At a bit of a stand still I currently have a Paildramon at level 56 but he is missing 190 health, 5 ATK, and 15 Speed in order to digivolve into Imperialdramon. I am on Chapter 4 and in the Hagurumon quest dungeon with my platinum sukamons, and just wondering if just grinding levels is my best option? I have yet to been able to find out how to train stats in the farm or purchase training items for the farm.

Kalentan

FnHb.png

I'm still early in but here is the start of what will be my main team. Of course, all 3 from the GOAT season. :)

Stuart444

At a bit of a stand still I currently have a Paildramon at level 56 but he is missing 190 health, 5 ATK, and 15 Speed in order to digivolve into Imperialdramon. I am on Chapter 4 and in the Hagurumon quest dungeon with my platinum sukamons, and just wondering if just grinding levels is my best option? I have yet to been able to find out how to train stats in the farm or purchase training items for the farm.

You train stats in the farm with the training command option. Just set the leader to whichever personality type that matches the stat you need to train (not sure which outside of defender = def yet) and then start the training.

And remember that the math that determines how many bonus points you can get total is (ABI / 2) + 50. So if you can't get anymore bonus stats then it's because you need higher ABI.

Outside of that grinding levels, de-digivolving and grinding more levels is your best option if you want Imperialdramon this early.

Dawg

i didn't expect the hagurumon sidequest to end the moment you took the shiny object in the dungeon.

now i lost the farm dungeon

i done goofed

Stuart444

i didn't expect the hagurumon sidequest to end the moment you took the shiny object in the dungeon.

now i lost the farm dungeon

i done goofed

It didn't end when you did that. It ended when you turned in the request. The portal would stay open until you turn it in.

AyanFaust

Banned
Just got flamedramon, and sadly his boss battle over hyped me for him... He seems like he'd be a good champion level digimon, but he can't even begin to compare to my ultimates. He gave some good attacks though, so that's nice. Kind of dissappointing though ;-;

Stuart444

well, that's kinda true

but i couldn't progress the story without handing in the request :mad:

Actually... you could. only Red pins are story quests.

Sometimes they require going somewhere to talk to someone before they appear on the board.

The Hagurumon dungeon wasn't a story quest :) it was a side one.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Okay... I wasn't expecting those 10k EXP items to actually bring my Digimon to level 15. Guess I'll be boosted for a while...

Dawg

Actually... you could. only Red pins are story quests.

Sometimes they require going somewhere to talk to someone before they appear on the board.

The Hagurumon dungeon wasn't a story quest :) it was a side one.

but you can't take on two cases at the same time, can you? :$

Stuart444

can you still do all blue/yellows later when you skip them?

I think so. I usually do them right away though but I think you can do them right away since none of them are important enough to be affected by future story events.

If you're worried, just save it and continue, if you can't do them in the next chapter, reload?

but you can't take on two cases at the same time, can you? :$

I... don't know? I mean, I never bother to take more than 1 so I don't know.

But anyway, it's not a big deal in the long run. Soon enough, you'll be in areas with more Champions and stuff.

Stuart444

Yeah. I had my ultimates in my farm, so he kicked my champions' ass with his aoe spam.

Yeah, looked it up again:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/vita/757436-digimon-story-cyber-sleuth/faqs/71778?page=10#section695

Becomes available in chapter 6 and after clearing Silver Cup. The winning reward for this cup is one Brave Point C.

Yeah, if anyone wants any extra EXP, I recommend doing this and just make sure you lose to Flamedramon. It's a good source of EXP, especially if you haven't yet raised a PlatSukamon. (with PlatSukamon, you can pretty much grind anywhere, especially if you have 2 - 3 of them but if you don't have even one yet, the gold cup is a good source of exp to raise one)

Farewell

I really want to buy this game, loved digimon world 1 & 3, are people here who played these previous games and can give me an impression?Also SFV is around the corner, thats why iam worried that i would spend more time in SF, because digimon is so time consuming.On the other hand i want to support the developer for more future digimon games in all regions.

Dawg

I... don't know? I mean, I never bother to take more than 1 so I don't know.

But anyway, it's not a big deal in the long run. Soon enough, you'll be in areas with more Champions and stuff.

Nope, wish they would patch that. If I gotta pickup multiple things in Kowloon then don't make me go back to the office for each mission.

Yeah, that's what I meant :eek: I couldn't take the red pin case without handing in the side mission.

But yeah, like you said. Probably ain't that bad. Not like I'm having trouble with the game on normal difficulty anyway.

Stuart444

Yeah, that's what I meant :eek: I couldn't take the red pin case without handing in the side mission.

But yeah, like you said. Probably ain't that bad. Not like I'm having trouble with the game on normal difficulty anyway.

Yeah, see above if you really need some exp/grinding. Chapter 6 :)

I really want to buy this game, loved digimon world 1 & 3, are people here who played these previous games and can give me an impression?Also SFV is around the corner, thats why iam worried that i would spend more time in SF, because digimon is so time consuming.On the other hand i want to support the developer for more future digimon games in all regions.

To do a comparison to the ones you've played, it's more like 3 than 1. It's very fun though. <3 I recommend it if you're a Digimon fan (or even just a JRPG fan)

Dawg

Also since this is a common question.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/vita/757436-digimon-story-cyber-sleuth/faqs/71778?page=24#section1865

The locations of the Memory ups (sorry for posting that guide a lot, it helped me out with the JP version so thought it might help some folks here).

Only real spoilers are the area names, besides that, no real spoilers in the section I've linked to.

The DX ones upgrade party memory by 10 instead of 5 I believe.

Oh this guide also lists farm expansions, seems like the next one is at ch6 ;o

Dawg

Small but important tip btw:

It's easy to miss, but you can press square and use Function Call while standing in an area with monster encounters to increase the chance of an encounter happening... or, if you have the level 2 Function Call option, you can instantly enter a battle by using it. Very easy if you want to farm. With the level 2 function, you don't even have to move around to grind monsters.

CajzCLaWcAI1IAG.jpg:large

Stuart444

Yeah, Function Call 2 is useful near the end of the game (Digimon that drops something useful, think it's a USB equip item or something like that) since some seem to appear more often with it.

Something like that anyway. I'm sure it will come back to me when I get to the final dungeon again lol.

I'm regretting choosing Kerpymon Vice instead of Virtue..Reading Virtue's skills he seemed like the kind of digimon I needed.

Heh Vice is still cool though with that penetrating int-attack.

Dawg

Since I'm used to the Pokémon way of dealing with evolutions and xp grinding, this game sure is a fresh breath of air.

XP that doesn't get divided, everyone getting XP in your team even if they're in reserve, a digimon farm to level up digimon that don't fit in your team etc... it's SO much better than Pokémon where grinding is such a hassle and where I usually keep using the same team in the entire game because it's too boring leveling up new Pokémon over and over.

But here, in this game... collecting Digimon and evolving them is a lot of fun. Leveling up goes fast, but not TOO fast. I love switching out Digimon and trying different team setups every few cases/chapters. And there's so much going on at the same time. Trying to level up my active team while my digimon farm is preparing a bunch of other digimon so I can evolve them too. It really feels like all of your digimon are making progress at all times.

I really like that. I feel like I'm actually gonna complete the full list of digimon.

Well they were quick to give me a code (surprisingly) but I am still unable to use cross save. Is this the bug that has been talked about? Guess I will wait to play on PS4.

I don't get the Nokia hate. Nothing's she's done has particularly bugged me. Although,
Jimiken
never bugged me either so maybe I have a high tolerance.

Delio

So do the Royal Knight missions unlock right before the end of the game? I have stuff ready to digivolve to those levels right now.

L95

I don't get the Nokia hate. Nothing's she's done has particularly bugged me. Although,
Jimiken
never bugged me either so maybe I have a high tolerance.

It's strange, I feel like I should find her really annoying, but she doesn't trigger 'really annoyed' in my brain????

Top Bottom