• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth |OT| The Prodigious Mon Returns (Courtesy of a Petition)

L95

Uhh, I'm playing the PS4 ver and I just ran into a ch 19 cutscene that seems to be missing VA
Entering the metro office, I get this fairly silent pan over the area with some captions, I assume Kyoko is supposed to be the one talking here? Or's it just supposed to be captions with silence?

silva1991

My team so far.

Ikkakumon is ugly, but Zudomon sure looks cool.

Got Imperialdramon >:)

How many other Digimon in the game have a mode change? It's a super cool mechanic.

I didn't know this game has mode change!

I'm guessing dukemon has different modes in this one(I hope so)

200px-Dukemon.jpg

latest

Stuart444

Nope, no Crimson mode. He gets it in Digimon World: Next Order though I believe. Hopefully CS does well enough to get NO over here ;(

yami4ct

Nope, no Crimson mode. He gets it in Digimon World: Next Order though I believe. Hopefully CS does well enough to get NO over here ;(

I'm way more excited for a sequel in the Story series than another World game. Played a good chunk of Re;Digitize and found that game to be pretty damn boring. Hopefully if they do keep bringing Digimon stuff over, the World stuff doesn't bomb and keep me from getting the games I would really dig.

silva1991

I got an egg after beating Flamedramon the other day and never used it

what does Flamedramon evolve into?

also are Agunimon and Lobomon in this game?

Yea would love a sequel to the Cyber Sleuth series after Next Order. A bit more open world and expand it across Japan a bit more. They still have a lot of Digimon they can add like the X-Antibody ones.

I got an egg after beating Flamedramon the other day and never used it

what does Flamedramon evolve into?

The egg he gives I believe is the Digimental of Courage which allows Veemon to digivolve into Flamedramon. Flamedramon is the end of the digivolve line though

I think Leopardmon has Leopard Mode.

Nice, Leopardmon is sick.
I'm way more excited for a sequel in the Story series than another World game. Played a good chunk of Re;Digitize and found that game to be pretty damn boring. Hopefully if they do keep bringing Digimon stuff over, the World stuff doesn't bomb and keep me from getting the games I would really dig.

Yeah, I'd definitely prefer to play a sequel to Cyber Sleuth if it were to come out. Although I think the bad memories of me accidentally getting Sukamon in the first Digimon World game have faded enough to the point that I'd be willing to play a new one of those, too.

Croc

Banned
Is there an exact formula to figuring out how much ABI a mon will gain after de-digivolving? I have MagnaAngemon right now who has 16 ABI, but needs 40 to become Seraphimon. I'm hoping I'll be able to get enough ABI from one de-digivolve so I won't have to bother with it again. And I'm hoping I can figure out exactly what that level is. He's at lv. 34 right now.

Kinsei

Banned
Is there an exact formula to figuring out how much ABI a mon will gain after de-digivolving? I have MagnaAngemon right now who has 16 ABI, but needs 40 to become Seraphimon. I'm hoping I'll be able to get enough ABI from one de-digivolve so I won't have to bother with it again. And I'm hoping I can figure out exactly what that level is. He's at lv. 34 right now.

I don't think you'll get up to 40 from devolving at that level. I'd get to 45 just to be safe.

not sure on an exact % but the higher level you are, the more ABI you'll get when you de-digivolve. I've gotten 15 ABI at a time before

You might need to drop down twice. If you're at the point to get megas, you should a good spot to level quickly. Those first 20-30 levels go very fast

AyanFaust

Banned

You can check the stats of the digimon you're dedigivolving to and it should show you what their abi will be.

Croc

Banned
You can check the stats of the digimon you're dedigivolving to and it should show you what their abi will be.

Whoa can you really do that? I remember someone earlier in the thread saying they thought you could but I never saw how to do it so I assumed they were wrong hahaha. Okay yeah it says he'll only have 27 afterwards so it'll probably just be easier for me to do it twice -.-

I wonder what's a good way to digivolve into Beelzemon.

My digimon watching experience tells me to go for Impmon, but I don't think he has a line that leads to Beelzemon.

duckroll

How long is this game supposed to be? I'm in chapter 2 now with some cases opened up after doing the first story case, and I'm actually hoping this is a really, really long game with TONS of optional cases and stuff because... the game system sure seems to support it. So many digimon... :)

I wonder what's a good way to digivolve into Beelzemon.

My digimon watching experience tells me to go for Impmon, but I don't think he has a line that leads to Beelzemon.

Infermon and Skullmeramon evolve into Beelzemon. To get to him from Impmon you can go

Impmon > Wizardmon > Skullmeramon >Beelzemon

How long is this game supposed to be? I'm in chapter 2 now with some cases opened up after doing the first story case, and I'm actually hoping this is a really, really long game with TONS of optional cases and stuff because... the game system sure seems to support it. So many digimon... :)

Looking like around 35-40 hours if your playing it just straight through on normal without doing all the cases. You can probably double that time if you complete the Digimon Journal and complete all the cases maybe even pushing it around 100+ hours. Thats also not counting if you decide to start dabbing in the online battles.

Seems to be long been playing 8hrs straight only on chapter 4. I've seen people in here talking about chapter 19 and what not so I assume it's plenty long

duckroll

Any tips for getting the hang of the Digimon collection loop? I'm just wandering in the dark here since I haven't played a Digimon game in forever. My collection/fusion skills all come from SMT/Persona games. I currently have 3 digimon on the Digifarm doing "Investigation" whatever that means, and when they hit max level I just digi-evolved them into whatever shadow looked the most promising. I have 5 digimon in my battle party (2 in reserve), waiting for them to max out before digi-evolving again.

Any general tips and clarifications about the systems would be great!

Croc

Banned
Any tips for getting the hang of the Digimon collection loop? I'm just wandering in the dark here since I haven't played a Digimon game in forever. My collection/fusion skills all come from SMT/Persona games. I currently have 3 digimon on the Digifarm doing "Investigation" whatever that means, and when they hit max level I just digi-evolved them into whatever shadow looked the most promising. I have 5 digimon in my battle party (2 in reserve), waiting for them to max out before digi-evolving again.

You definitely don't need to wait for them to get to their max level to digivolve them. As far as I know there are no bonuses as they just revert to that new Digimon's base lv. 1 stats anyways. The only time you get bonuses is when you de-digivolve one. That doesn't really become very necessary until later, but de-digivolving raises a stat (ABI) that you will need to digivolve into certain Digimon (typically Mega level Digimon). The higher a Digimon's level is when you de-digivolve them, the more your ABI stat will raise.

That probably seems pretty confusing right now but as you mess around with the evolution system more it should become a little more clear.

Really, you can't go too wrong with just digivolving into whatever unknown Digimon. Everyone I've gotten so far has definitely been useable. The only reason you might want to look at evolution trees is to pick out any favorites you might have.

It really depends. I spent something like 120 hours on it last year, but some of that was just down to me being really OCD about my Digimon.

I'd say 40-50 hours for sure, and probably 60+ if you're trying to do all the side quests and get some really good Digimon. And plenty more if you go full crazy for it like I did. A good chunk of my time was spent near the point of no return where a massive amount of late game side quests open up, many of which are the absolute toughest battles in the game and require you to create very specialized teams to take them on.

LycanXIII

Can you go back in Labyrinths after you beat the Eater? I just did the one in Chapter 8, I could see item chests, but it made me do the fight before I could go to them.

I'm at 34 hrs in Chapter 8. I haven't been grinding levels or wasting too much time just letting the soundtrack play.

Dominator

Running around the real world at the beginning of Chapter 2.

I really knew nothing about this game other than it was Digimon, and I like it a lot so far!

yami4ct

Some basic things a lot of people get confused on

1) Your digimon's level cap is determined by a stat called Ability. You raise this by digivolving and de-digivolving. You get a better boost if you de-digivolve at max level, but if it's a long, long ways away you're probably OK just evolving when you can

2) Try and get a digimon of at least all 3 types (Virus, Data and Vaccine) so you can cover weaknesses well

3) Pick a cool top rank Digimon to go for and work towards it. It gives you a goal. Picking Digimon that just look cool will probably do just fine for the most part. The royal knights like Omnimon are late game exclusive, so bear that in mind.

4) Get an IceDevimon pretty early. He's invaluable against some super high DEF bosses.

5) This guide has been super helpful to me for finding flow charts so I can get specific Digimon I dig. http://www.gamefaqs.com/vita/757436-digimon-story-cyber-sleuth/faqs/71778

Hikami

So Best Buy finally got the pre-order DLC codes. Had to actually contact support for them to send me mine.. but whatever, glad to just finally have it.

To be fair, a lot of people haven't hit Chapter 10 yet. Her character is better in the second half, imo. (I say as someone who liked her fine enough in the first half.)

True enough. I liked Nokia right from the beginning (literally her very first scene), but it's the second half of the game that turns her into one of the best characters in any Digimon story.

yami4ct

True enough. I liked Nokia right from the beginning (literally her very first scene), but it's the second half of the game that turns her into one of the best characters in any Digimon story.

I've found her fairly obnoxious in the first half. It doesn't help that I find her design to possibly be the worst in the whole game. That's something, since I hate Yasuda's stuff in general.

MongKey

I've found her fairly obnoxious in the first half. It doesn't help that I find her design to possibly be the worst in the whole game. That's something, since I hate Yasuda's stuff in general.
? I think it's common to think a design is bad when you hate the designer himself. Or you meant to say you "liked Yasuda's stuff"?

duckroll

Some basic things a lot of people get confused on

1) Your digimon's level cap is determined by a stat called Ability. You raise this by digivolving and de-digivolving. You get a better boost if you de-digivolve at max level, but if it's a long, long ways away you're probably OK just evolving when you can

Okay this is really helpful. I was actually looking at some evolutions earlier and wondering how a low-tier Digimon can ever attain lvl30 required for one of the evolutions and this explains it. Basically it's a matter of evolving and de-evolving a single Digimon and the max level increases each time? That's kinda neat.

2) Try and get a digimon of at least all 3 types (Virus, Data and Vaccine) so you can cover weaknesses well

Yeah this is probably something I need to get to ASAP.

3) Pick a cool top rank Digimon to go for and work towards it. It gives you a goal. Picking Digimon that just look cool will probably do just fine for the most part. The royal knights like Omnimon are late game exclusive, so bear that in mind.

4) Get an IceDevimon pretty early. He's invaluable against some super high DEF bosses.

5) This guide has been super helpful to me for finding flow charts so I can get specific Digimon I dig. http://www.gamefaqs.com/vita/757436-digimon-story-cyber-sleuth/faqs/71778

None of those mean much to me because I don't know what are cool "top rank Digimon" at this point, and I don't even know what IceDevimon is. Lol. I'll check out the guide later. Thanks. :)

Delio

It really depends. I spent something like 120 hours on it last year, but some of that was just down to me being really OCD about my Digimon.

I'd say 40-50 hours for sure, and probably 60+ if you're trying to do all the side quests and get some really good Digimon. And plenty more if you go full crazy for it like I did. A good chunk of my time was spent near the point of no return where a massive amount of late game side quests open up, many of which are the absolute toughest battles in the game and require you to create very specialized teams to take them on.

Are those super tough battles the Royal Knight unlocks?

Top Bottom