• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth |OT| The Prodigious Mon Returns (Courtesy of a Petition)

Ken

Is there a good spot for XP farming on ch7?

Also what's this "losing at specific spot on gold colosseum" thing I hear about? XP/digicap grind?

Whats the easiest way that everyone has found to get lucemon? So far im trying to get his ABI up to 80 which requires a lot of de-digivolve and digivolving. Tips for his other requirements would be appreciated as well.
get him to 100 ABI to make your life a little easier. you'll need all of it anyway to digivolve him down the line

For easiest, I'd say use 3x platinumsukamon trick in a high EXP area to level up quickly. It's really the only shortcut.

Whats the easiest way that everyone has found to get lucemon? So far im trying to get his ABI up to 80 which requires a lot of de-digivolve and digivolving. Tips for his other requirements would be appreciated as well.

Just gotta do training. IIRC he needs lots of INT, so make your Koromon Brainy (or find a Patch), level him as high as you can get him, then keep Training him.

Rnr1224

get him to 100 ABI to make your life a little easier. you'll need all of it anyway to digivolve him down the line

For easiest, I'd say use 3x platinumsukamon trick in a high EXP area to level up quickly. It's really the only shortcut.

OK so I should just keep devolving and then evolving Poyomon at max level to Tokomon over and over?

Just gotta do training. IIRC he needs lots of INT, so make your Koromon Brainy (or find a Patch), level him as high as you can get him, then keep Training him.

I have a brainy dorugamon in the farm now but once I get his ABI high enough, then I gotta focus on his INT. Doesnt seem like you can do both at the same time.

Ken

Lose to Flamedramon and you can repeat the Gold Cup again and again. for lots of EXP

Thanks.

Also, I'm trying to get Frigimon to Angewoman who needs 100 INT and 75 SP. Am I supposed to leave him in the farm with a lively leader to bump his SP, and then change to a brainy leader for the INT? I'm not really sure how stat growth and ABI work across de- and digivolutons.

12657995_10153159140461841_9158998077205210896_o.jpg

OK so I should just keep devolving and then evolving Poyomon at max level to Tokomon over and over?

I have a brainy dorugamon in the farm now but once I get his ABI high enough, then I gotta focus on his INT. Doesnt seem like you can do both at the same time.
it should go something like this

Step one: grind to max ABI 100

-use your 3x platinumsukamon to grind in a decent EXP area. The early 3* mission for Haguromon is very good for this. Make sure to level up a little bit between Digivolving and de-digivolving to maximize ABI gain.

Step 2: de-digivolve to tokomon, level up again

You'll need to be lvl 30 minimum , but probably a quite a bit higher to meet the stat requirements. Closer to the 50-60 range if I remember right

Step 3: max out your INT and SP stats at the farm

Switch your lvl 30+ tokomon's personality to "brainy". If you don't have a personality change disk yet, make another digimon with brainy the leader. This might require you to buy some stat reducers at EDEN entrance Shop (100 yen each) between training sessions to wipe out unwanted stat increases. Once at the digilab, buy some Void Symbol (for neutral stats) and/or Study Room (INT stat) farm items at the digilab Terminal shop to maximize stat gains. Place the items on the farm, do the 30 min training session. Repeat until maxed. At the end, you may need to reduce your INT and increase your SP until they balance out to the required levels, but it should only require one more training to finish.

Edit: Lucemon requires high INT, not speed. Sorry about that :( fixing my post now

ViciousDS

Banned
Should you basically get all digimon to 100 ABI? I swear ABI is really the only negative grind. I don't mind messing with stats

Ponn

Banned
In the guide, there is list of things by level. Stuff listed under Mega, Ultimate or Super Ultimate are typically cool digimon at the very end of their evo line. You can cross reference it with this if you want photos to see what looks cool. Some of the top of the line guys are locked behind quests at the very end of the game, though. These are mostly guys under the 'royal knights' line. Those tend to look like cool armored humanoids.

IceDevimon is a relatively early digimon with a skill that basically ignores defense. He destroys some bosses that could otherwise be a bit tricky. He looks like this.

Oh hey, I almost had that digimon. I think it was my Renamon, I was trying a couple evolutions and got that one then reset and got a Kyubimon that I thought looked cool so kept that one instead. Did I make a mistake?

I'm leveling a Stingmon and ExVeedramon right now and they both have an evolution that requires me to be 100% CAM friends with the other one. Is this a unique evolution for these two that I should work towards?

ViciousDS

Banned
Oh hey, I almost had that digimon. I think it was my Renamon, I was trying a couple evolutions and got that one then reset and got a Kyubimon that I thought looked cool so kept that one instead. Did I make a mistake?

I'm leveling a Stingmon and ExVeedramon right now and they both have an evolution that requires me to be 100% CAM friends with the other one. Is this a unique evolution for these two that I should work towards?

Paildramon is a badass and that's what those two make

He's completely neutral and works for any situation. He also digivolves into imperialdramon and then even again into his paladin form who is just.....yes combination of damage and healing as the paladin name suggests

Make sure you have ABI over 82 before fusing. Otherwise you might get screwed over and not be able to ma level him

Ponn

Banned
Paildramon is a badass and that's what those two make

He's completely neutral and works for any situation. He also digivolves into imperialdramon and then even again into his paladin form who is just.....yes combination of damage and healing as the paladin name suggests

Make sure you have ABI over 82 before fusing. Otherwise you might get screwed over and not be able to ma level him

Oh nice, thanks. I was working towards both of their requirements for that evolution because I thought it would be worth it so i'm glad it will end up worth it.

Man, shit really does get real around Chapter 10.
It's practically a combination of the plots of Tamers and Savers combined. Though the use of 'King Drasil' to refer to Yggdrasil bugs the absolute shit out of me.

Doesn't this hold true for all monster rpgs lol

Haha usually but I was killing everything else in the game but she completely stonewalled me hard for a good 20 minutes. Kind of glad she isn't in the last offline cup

naw, it's not needed most of the time. The Lucemon line is the only really particular one that requires 100, I think. Some others are 80+

Imperialdramon Paladin Mode also requires 100 ABI

Bladenic

How come I evolved Sunflowamon to Angewomon then de-digivolved to increase ABI and it's not a single point higher? What gives? Will it raise upon evolving or do I need to devolve further?

UGH ABI is the most annoying thing in this game by far.

How come I evolved Sunflowamon to Angewomon then de-digivolved to increase ABI and it's not a single point higher? What gives? Will it raise upon evolving or do I need to devolve further?

UGH ABI is the most annoying thing in this game by far.
You do have to level your mons up first, yes. The ABI gain rises even more if at max level, but it's not essential.

How do I get more CAM percentage on my Digimon? Sunflowmon is still at 17%, but I need her at 50% >.>

Chuck plenty of food at 'em at the farm (though the non-regular meat needs to be bought from the terminal, and the best meat is expensive, but good for quick CAM gains). Alternatively, just have Sunflowmon in your primary three fighters, it'll get higher when you do combos, at least.

Ken

Does the result of farm training reset when you Digivolve it?

How do I get more CAM percentage on my Digimon? Sunflowmon is still at 17%, but I need her at 50% >.>

Can also force feed it digimeat that you get for free over time at the farm.

grimmiq

So does anyone else use 2 platinumsukamon in there team, cause if your not, you should

Yeah I just found out about this, stupidly completed the Haguromon quest, but in chapter 11 now and found an area where with 2 plats, I get 3.2-4.8k exp per fight, if I get lucky and fight a platinumsukamon, 15k exp. Normally I wouldn't want to exploit mechanics like this, but I think I'm comfortable with it thanks to ABI.

Hikami

Chapter 10
That Omnimon cutscene was so badass. Wish the trailers for the game hadn't already spoiled it though. Also, I'm getting tired of these unwinnable fights crap

grimmiq

Chapter 10
That Omnimon cutscene was so badass. Wish the trailers for the game hadn't already spoiled it though. Also, I'm getting tired of these unwinnable fights crap

Yeah..
0,0,0,0,0,0,0 cutscene, 1-shot boss Digimon.
Stupid..

MongKey

So does anyone else use 2 platinumsukamon in there team, cause if your not, you should
Guess I'm one of those weird ones that don't use them early on. Don't really see the need for them when my Digimons levels fine without them. End game grind, sure but right now, not really.

Dominator

I don't know what the fuck I'm doing when I Digivolve but I'm having a blast. Just played 6 hours straight lol

Chapter 4 here I come.

Ken

Yeah I just found out about this, stupidly completed the Haguromon quest, but in chapter 11 now and found an area where with 2 plats, I get 3.2-4.8k exp per fight, if I get lucky and fight a platinumsukamon, 15k exp. Normally I wouldn't want to exploit mechanics like this, but I think I'm comfortable with it thanks to ABI.

Can you spoiler tag where in ch11 this is so I can make note of it when I'm there?

Guess I'm one of those weird ones that don't use them early on. Don't really see the need for them when my Digimons levels fine without them. End game grind, sure but right now, not really.
its much more about using them to grind ABI. Levels come pretty easy and natural just playing the game, using the platinumsukamon just for that is kinda overkill

grimmiq

Can you spoiler tag where in ch11 this is so I can make note of it when I'm there?

It's part of the main story.
Valhalla Server, You actually get there in Chapter 10, but you can go back after progressing, unlike the side mission earlier in the game

oh I didn't use them until after chapter 10. But they're pretty much essential if you want higher form or DNA digivolved digimons, cause even with them I had to grind a lot

MongKey

its much more about using them to grind ABI. Levels come pretty easy and natural just playing the game, using the platinumsukamon just for that is kinda overkill

oh I didn't use them until after chapter 10. But they're pretty much essential if you want higher form or DNA digivolved digimons, cause even with them I had to grind a lot
Oh, my bad. I just assumed bringing them all the time through the story dungeons etc. I agree that grinding with them is better especially to get those ABI.

I need to start assuming less, haha.

Top Bottom