• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth |OT| The Prodigious Mon Returns (Courtesy of a Petition)

L95

So, finished the story and all that, and my only complaint is the lack of variety in dungeon theme. So tired of subways and abstract...ish(I feel like 'abstract' isn't quite the right word) digital lines and blocks lol

Visiting the
Digital World Jungle for like five seconds made me realize how badly I just wanted. Something. Else.

Einherjar

If my digimon are not brainy type, is it still possible to have all 100 bonus points in INT? I read somewhere that the farm bonus is self type + leader type distribution.

Stuart444

Finally got my first Mega. Shinegreymon
9ZGEhdy.jpg

Good choice!

So, finished the story and all that, and my only complaint is the lack of variety in dungeon theme. So tired of subways and abstract...ish(I feel like 'abstract' isn't quite the right word) digital lines and blocks lol

Visiting the
Digital World Jungle for like five seconds made me realize how badly I just wanted. Something. Else.

The music in
the Digital World is awesome

If my digimon are not brainy type, is it still possible to have all 100 bonus points in INT? I read somewhere that the farm bonus is self type + leader type distribution.

Yes, either change his personality or manipulate it by decreasing his bonus stat you don't want whenever he gets some (wait til it maxes out the bonus stats, then decrease the one you don't want and continue training, eventually it will all go to INT. I did this a few times myself)

At one point, you can buy items to decrease the bonus stats from the shop in Eden. So use those.

Visiting the

Yeah, I was hoping
we'd see more of the Digital World. Would have been a nice change of pace if the last quarter of the game or so had you mostly doing things there.

So I'm guessing it's absolutely worth it to go after PlatinumNumemon solely for the 3 item slots + 100% Exp ability. At least I can easily digivolve them into Etemon now that I have the levels.

Stuart444

Ohh.....ok

Don't know why but when I think of Mega end of the line Digivolutions for main character digimon I think hard requirements, like Omnimon and such.

Well Omegamon/Omegamon is a Royal Knight :) and a DNA one at that.

Most (not all) the ones that are partners of the anime main characters tend to need CAM I find. Not all but quite a number of them. That's how I figured it out in Japanese actually.

I was wrong maybe 2 or 3 times but with Platinum Digimon, it wasn't much of an inconvenience lol.

So I'm guessing it's absolutely worth it to go after PlatinumNumemon solely for the 3 item slots + 100% Exp ability. At least I can easily digivolve them into Etemon now that I have the levels.

Just make sure you do them one at a time. Don't want to lose that extra EXP all at once after all :p

Ken

Is there any point in keeping neutral types vs just having one of every type? Seems like type trumps element as far as damage goes.

Dugna

Is there any point in keeping neutral types vs just having one of every type? Seems like type trumps element as far as damage goes.

Grinding seems to be only reason for me, since you can just force encounters with two neutrals.

Stuart444

The force encounter function? Didn't know that was related to type.

Yeah, the Wall Crack functions are all related to having a certain amount of Digimon of certain levels but the others such as Stealth, Copy and Paste, etc require types. Check Player -> Hacking skills for requirements.

Ultimadrago

Yeah, the Wall Crack functions are all related to having a certain amount of Digimon of certain levels but the others such as Stealth, Copy and Paste, etc require types. Check Player -> Hacking skills for requirements.

Are Hacking skills given to you automatically from Digilab lady when you meet the requirements or are they story-locked regardless?

Stuart444

Are Hacking skills given to you automatically from Digilab lady when you meet the requirements or are they story-locked regardless?

Well I think most of them are in the square button menu but you don't really have a reason to use them until certain parts of the story (ie copy and paste for a few puzzle-like things, stealth to get past certain places, etc).

Only ones that really matter outside of story stuff is Function Call and the Random Encounters ones (either ups the rate, drops it or disables random encounters I believe)

Lexxism

Ugh, getting the 130 INT for lucemon is hard. What's the item needed to increase the INT? Or I'll just leave it at the farm and have a brainy leader?

Honestly, another thing that really floors me about this game is the Dot status effect. It's so cool that every Digimon in the game has a digital pet style sprite drawn for it for one status effect.

L95

Honestly, another thing that really floors me about this game is the Dot status effect. It's so cool that every Digimon in the game has a digital pet style sprite drawn for it for one status effect.

Yes.
Holy crap, I assumed all the digimon would use a generic sprite, but everyone having a unique one is amazing.

Ken

If you have a Neutral of Rookie or higher rank, you can just instantly force encounters, made my farming in
Valhalla
extremely quick.

Yeah I was using force encounter then it randomly whited out when I messed with my party. Had thought it was a limited use/cooldown thing but now I know!

duckroll

Collected all my DLC. Leaving the costume Agumons in my Digibank. Not sure what to do with the rest. At least I got two Vita themes from it too. I can use those!

Logash

someone mentioned earlier that in order to get Beelzamon you needed DeathMeramon. Did they mean SkillMeramon or are they different digimon cause I just got SkullMeramon

grimmiq

I was stupidly overleveled for the Platinum Cup, but it didn't seem that difficult. Gold was rougher to me, steamrolled Platinum with 2 Platsukamons and RustTyranomon.

Top Bottom