• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth |OT| The Prodigious Mon Returns (Courtesy of a Petition)

Ken

I think one time I had one choice get split into two lines so there was an unintentional third option zzz.

yami4ct

Pro-localization.

At first I thought it was a weird 4th wall gameplay joke. Then, I realized the game's formatting cannot handle multi-line choices. You can feel the rush job here.

It's not the worst. Better than not getting the game I guess. It's not like any of the choices ever feel particularly meaningful.

Okay, Im going to get this game later this week and just to be sure, are Victory Uchidas the only missables? Ive heard that memory upgrades and farm upgrades may be missables since some dungeons may also be unvisitable later. Id like to know how much I should follow the guide.

RexNovis

Banned
Okay, Im going to get this game later this week and just to be sure, are Victory Uchidas the only missables? Ive heard that memory upgrades and farm upgrades may be missables since some dungeons may also be unvisitable later. Id like to know how much I should follow the guide.

Well thee doesn't seem to be a way to go back to certain areas with missable chests. Unless I've somehow overlooked a method to return to shift zones

Drayco21

Was finally able to play a couple hours of my copy today; only three-ish hours in, and managed to stumble into the Tamers partner trio. Guilmon is the best.

Pretty head over heels for this one already.

Hikami

Woohoo, finally got Mastemon.

60 hours played so far and I still have quite a bit to go... Didn't think the game would last me this long.

notaskwid

So, what was the patch for vita supposed to do? Also, I am on chapter 11 and am still to get one purple quest. Do I need to get all the dlc from the lady? Because I think I never went to get the agumon costumes or whatever, because I didnt have enough memory the first time around.

Digimon Medals are also missable.

So, what was the patch for vita supposed to do? Also, I am on chapter 11 and am still to get one purple quest. Do I need to get all the dlc from the lady? Because I think I never went to get the agumon costumes or whatever, because I didnt have enough memory the first time around.

No one has the purple quests except for review copies. Hopefully, we get them later.

Currently, the only problem exclusive to the Vita is the missing voice clips, but it looks like the PS4 version might be missing some as well.

notaskwid

No one has the purple quests except for review copies. Hopefully, we get them later.

Currently, the only problem exclusive to the Vita is the missing voice clips, but it looks like the PS4 version might be missing some as well.
So, which digimons can't I get because of this?

So I'm in Chapter 6 and I'm doing the nakano underground case and Im not sure if something is broken or if I'm just stupid. So Im stuck on the yellow data plate thing where the game is prompting me to use copy and paste for the first time. I'm going up to the yellow data plate and trying to use copy and paste but it greyed out in my menu, and I went to the colorless base as well and tried it but it's also greyed out there as well. Am I missing something?

Edit: whoops totally figured it out, don't have a vaccine digimon on me.

notaskwid

So I'm in Chapter 6 and I'm doing the nakano underground case and Im not sure if something is broken or if I'm just stupid. So Im stuck on the yellow data plate thing where the game is prompting me to use copy and paste for the first time. I'm going up to the yellow data plate and trying to use copy and paste but it greyed out in my menu, and I went to the colorless base as well and tried it but it's also greyed out there as well. Am I missing something?
Yeah, this also happened to me. If you go to your profile and hacking skills, you'll find that you need at least one vaccine digimon in your party to use copy/paste. I was like one hour or so stuck at this playing on the airplane ahah.

If you select the Player icon in the menu you can check the requirements for hacking skills. You need a Vaccine type Digimon in your party to use Copy/Paste.

Gerugamesh

Neo Member
I came to the conclusion that digivolving Wargrowlmon into Gallantmon was going to reasonably happen anytime soon, so I'm settling on Rusttyrannomon and this thing is the most 90s looking Digimon I've ever seen.

Other than, I have Sakuyamon, SaberLeomon, Hiandromon, Justimon, Rapidmon, SkullMeramon, and Antylamon right now. Working on getting SkullMeramon to Beelzemon, Rapidmon to Megagargomon, and Antylamon I'm not sure if I want to evolve to Cherubimon or Diaboromon right now, mainly because Cherubimon will require another de-digivolve down and back up to get ABI up.

Can anyone explain without spoilers, as I'm only on Chapter 4, how DNA Digivolving works?
I have a Veemon and a Wormmon, and I eventually want to get them to Imperialdramon. Do I lose one of them when they merge, or could I still dedigivolve to get both of them back, and can you choose which of the two Imperialdamon's stats are based from like you can on Pokemon when you're breeding?

notaskwid

Can anyone explain without spoilers, as I'm only on Chapter 4, how DNA Digivolving works?
I have a Veemon and a Wormmon, and I eventually want to get them to Imperialdramon. Do I lose one of them when they merge, or could I still dedigivolve to get both of them back, and can you choose which of the two Imperialdamon's stats are based from like you can on Pokemon when you're breeding?
Only bonus stats and attacks are passed on, not base stats. If you de digivolve Paildramon you have to choose between Stingmon and XVmon.

silva1991

No that means she hasn't gotten any SPD bonus in the farm, I think.

I sure hope so because Lucemon is maxed out and no way i'm gonna digivolve him and start all over again.

nimble = speed bonus right?

I hope I didn't fuck up his personality.

Titanmon's signature attack is nuts. One-shotting Eaters on hard.

Defense-piercing attacks usually pack a punch. I remember my GrandKuwagamon kicking a lot of asses.

EDIT :

Yup, Lucemon didn't get a single SPD bonus even tho he was nimble and a leader

I guess (+0) does mean I can't get bonuses.

No, either your ABI is too low and you can't grow stats because of that, or you didn't wait enough.

everywhere except for SPD

the game should have really explained this shit

That explains it. 92 ABI = 92 * 0.5 + 50 = 96 bonus points to spend.

If the total of the bonus points in your stats is equal to that, then you can't raise them any further, so you'll either have to decrease some stats or keep them like that.

(Also, HP grow by 10, so 1 bonus point = 10 HP)

silva1991

That explains it. 92 ABI = 92 * 0.5 + 50 = 96 bonus points to spend.

If the total of the bonus points in your stats is equal to that, then you can't raise them any further, so you'll either have to decrease some stats or keep them like that.

(Also, HP grow by 10, so 1 bonus point = 10 HP)

rDzikvB.jpg

total is exactly 96 lol

how can I decrease some stats?

by those restraint chips? where can I buy them?

RexNovis

Banned
So do the ABI attribute points count toward requirements for digivolutions?

Also which type is the one for speed Nimble or Lively?

grimmiq

When do the great challenges unlock? Need #4 for one of my Digimon. If it's post-game I'm just going to dump him and try for another.

by those restraint chips? where can I buy them?

Depending where you are in the story, you can buy them from the shop at the EDEN Entrance. I can't go check that right now but I know you can buy them somewhere.

So do the ABI attribute points count toward requirements for digivolutions?

Also which type is the one for speed Nimble or Lively?
Some do. Lots of Mega need at least 80, some even need 100.

Nimble is Speed, I believe Lively is SP.

IbukiLordSA

With regards to EXP, does it matter how many Digimon I roll with? Will Digimon get more experience if I have less digmon is reserve?

RexNovis

Banned
Depending where you are in the story, you can buy them from the shop at the EDEN Entrance. I can't go check that right now but I know you can buy them somewhere.

Some do. Lots of Mega need at least 80, some even need 100.

Nimble is Speed, I believe Lively is SP.

Maybe I didn't explain well

So one of my evolutions requires 150 speed
Will the bonus ABI points from the farm count towards that total 150 or does it only count base attribute points?

Ken

Maybe I didn't explain well

So one of my evolutions requires 150 speed
Will the bonus ABI points from the farm count towards that total 150 or does it only count base attribute points?

Yes.

ABI is a stat that determines how many bonus attribute points you can gain from the farm; it's your "bonus points cap." It doesn't seem to have any affect on natural stat growth.

Requirements will count your base attribute + bonus attribute from farm. Equipment bonuses don't count.

I have a few questions:

Just got Paildramon. I'll need 20 ABI to get Imperialdramon but I'm at 19. Am I screwed?

I still don't have much idea on how the farm works. I've just been choosing the training that has no drawbacks. Just from leveling I'm not sure my Paildramon will get his stats high enough for Imperialdramon. Reading the above posts, does this mean I can gain 19 additional points for both the stats I'll need or is that total?

RexNovis

Banned
Yes.

ABI is a stat that determines how many bonus attribute points you can gain from the farm; it's your "bonus points cap." It doesn't seem to have any affect on natural stat growth.

Requirements will count your base attribute + bonus attribute from farm. Equipment bonuses don't count.

Ok cheers that's what I wanted to know

Ken

I have a few questions:

Just got Paildramon. I'll need 20 ABI to get Imperialdramon but I'm at 19. Am I screwed?

I still don't have much idea on how the farm works. I've just been choosing the training that has no drawbacks. Just from leveling I'm not sure my Paildramon will get his stats high enough for Imperialdramon. Reading the above posts, does this mean I can gain 19 additional points for both the stats I'll need or is that total?

You need to Digivolve or de-Digivolve him to gain ABI points. The amount you get is determined by the ranks of the involved Digimon.

I think Paildramon is tricky cause all its routes require fusion so if you go backwards you'll have to train up another 100% CAM Stingmon or Exveemon?

You can't farm ABI points if that's what you're asking.

Ok cheers that's what I wanted to know

Yeah, someone earlier posted the formula for how many actual points your ABI stat gets you.

You need to Digivolve or de-Digivolve him to gain ABI points. The amount you get is determined by the ranks of the involved Digimon.

Well fuck. There's no other option to digivolve him to and I only get one of the evolutions back dedigivolving him. At least I have a Tsunomon to eventually get ExVeemon again.

notaskwid

I have a few questions:

You might not need bonus stats for Imperialdramon depending on how high level your Paildramon can go... Also, here is a way to increase ABI without devolving/evolving, at least one I know. A item called Miracle Meat can increase ABI points if feeded in the farm. I have 3 but can't remember where I got them lol.

Ken

You might not need bonus stats for Imperialdramon depending on how high level your Paildramon can go... Also, here is a way to increase ABI without devolving/evolving, at least one I know. A item called Miracle Meat can increase ABI points if feeded in the farm. I have 3 but can't remember where I got them lol.

Oh well there you go. My bad.

Nice. Mine has 77 defense and speed at level one but will need 150. He'll cap at level 88 so hopefully that's soon enough. Thanks.

Should earn one point per level at least, Paildramon earns points balancedly.

Alright. Haven't really decided on someone for my core team but it seems like I have one now. Might go for Mastemon next (that's the LadyDevimon/Angewomon fusion right?) since I have a BlackGatomon and a Salamon already. After that no idea.

Top Bottom