• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth |OT| The Prodigious Mon Returns (Courtesy of a Petition)

grimmiq

Any pointers on wtf to do now?

Chapter 15.

Kyoko says to talk to Mirei
Mirei says *plot point* will take time, I'm sure you have cases to finish
Completed all(4-5) of the new cases that popped up after story progression, plus another 4 ones gained from farm investigations..no dialog changes.

School friend is standing outside the agency saying it's a great time to take photos of ghosts, but no indication of where.

Nevermind, found it..Decided to warp to every goddamn zone and found the idiot in Kowloon 1, atleast it was early on..

Any pointers on wtf to do now?

Chapter 15.

Kyoko says to talk to Mirei
Mirei says *plot point* will take time, I'm sure you have cases to finish
Completed all(4-5) of the new cases that popped up after story progression, plus another 4 ones gained from farm investigations..no dialog changes.

School friend is standing outside the agency saying it's a great time to take photos of ghosts, but no indication of where.

Wasted hours last night trying to figure this out too. Pretty sure you have to go to Kowloon Level 1 to that meeting place part and events should move forward.

yami4ct

The game is really bad with objective markers in general. I hate it when I'm going on story missions and my progress isn't marked in the case section. If I pick it up after a day or two, I have to go back to Mirei or the Agency and that can just be real annoying. Not to mention those hints can be stupidly vague at times.

Even when you have a case, it can be hard to figure out where to go. I was doing the food reviewer side mission and it was having me visit restaurants in Nakano. Not only are none of them marked, but they aren't on the floor marked 'restaurants'. I had to look it up in a guide since I didn't want to waste any more times. Just some random storefronts that you can't usually go into. The only way you'd find them is if you went around every wall in the Broadway and looked for the 'X' icon to pop up.

What's the trick for Eaters? I am playing on hard mode and then I get to the eaters in chapter 4 and I can't do shit about them. I was assuming you had to use guard when he uses his erode move but then the Keramon guest just sits there and takes like 1k damage and the Eater just heals back up to full again.

I don't know what to do :(

yami4ct

What's the trick for Eaters? I am playing on hard mode and then I get to the eaters in chapter 4 and I can't do shit about them. I was assuming you had to use guard when he uses his erode move but then the Keramon guest just sits there and takes like 1k damage and the Eater just heals back up to full again.

You're probably under leveled. If you aren't hitting for at least 60-70 per hit, he's going to outheal you really quickly. You also should be able to tank an Erode hit or two. Sounds like you just got some bad luck with his Erode targeting there. If he hits your guys instead, he'll only heal a hundred or two at most.

If you want to kind of cheese them, the easiest way is to get IceDevimon. His special skill basically ignores defense. Spam that and do a shit ton of damage.

True Fire

Defense break, or just use brute force. Stunning is a godsend when there's only one boss. It also takes luck for the Eater to not attack Keramon.

Ken

The tips I got here was defense piercing moves (Stingmon's special) or attacks that do set damage (Gatomon's special). I think I brute forced the first few just with HP potions though and it stinks. :/

The game is really bad with objective markers in general. I hate it when I'm going on story missions and my progress isn't marked in the case section. If I pick it up after a day or two, I have to go back to Mirei or the Agency and that can just be real annoying. Not to mention those hints can be stupidly vague at times.

Even when you have a case, it can be hard to figure out where to go. I was doing the food reviewer side mission and it was having me visit restaurants in Nakano. Not only are none of them marked, but they aren't on the floor marked 'restaurants'. I had to look it up in a guide since I didn't want to waste any more times. Just some random storefronts that you can't usually go into. The only way you'd find them is if you went around every wall in the Broadway and looked for the 'X' icon to pop up.

Yeah I hate that. Recent chapters have been a little better since the Detective will tell you where to go with green colored text.

The sushi place was hardest to find for me since the Chinese place came up in some prior events.

Oh wow thanks, guys, typically when I was guarding Eater would heal for like 30hp. I could have made an ice devilmon super quick as well, I will try that when I get back from work.

Quick question, did you guys have have ultimates by this point or just champions?

Oh wow thanks, guys, typically when I was guarding Eater would heal for like 30hp. I could have made an ice devilmon super quick as well, I will try that when I get back from work.

Quick question, did you guys have have ultimates by this point or just champions?

I got my first Ultimate after grinding in the Hagurumon dungeon in Chapter 4. Didn't get my 2nd until Chapter 6 or 7 and only got my 3rd right when I reached Chapter 8 (which is where I am now).

Yeah I had a party full of champions , Devimon & Gatomon work as well(they were in my team already luckily) . Ultimates use up too much space, even at chapter 8 atm I can only use like 5.

Mendrox

Cheapest price for the PS4 or Vita version? I can't justify paying 60€ for it, but I also have a Vita and a PSTV... so if it's compatible I could get it for the Vita too because I don't think there is anything else except for the better resolution?

grimmiq

Ch16 spoilers:

Wow that Examon fight was disappointing. Absolutely wrecked him with Lilithmon (2.5k per hit) and Mastemon (4.8k 1st hit, would've been a lot lower on the 2nd) then we all gave up because he was too tough despite getting down to half health before he got his 2nd attack..

Arata becoming an antagonist couldn't have been telegraphed more, 1st digimon you're introduced to outside your starter choices is described as being evil, Arata gets it, super evil Digimon in the doll quest, Arata's evolves into it.

silva1991

Kyko us telling me to go see Mirei

and Mirei is telling to to go back to office, but I finished all cases!!

what am I supposed to do?

chapter 15 btw and Mieri wants to
summon a digimon or something

That looks pretty good, considering Amazon were in+out of stock for the two weeks before launch and on launch. Argos was OOS on release as well. Game had a jacked up price of £45. How soon do actual numbers get released? Naruto's are already out for the EU.

I think Bamco released the Naruto numbers themselves. I'm not sure how UK sales work, but I don't think they're usually released to the public.

I remember someone posted an image which was a chart/tree of all of the Digimon in the game and what they could digivolve into. Anyone got it handy?

grimmiq

Kyko us telling me to go see Mirei

and Mirei is telling to to go back to office, but I finished all cases!!

what am I supposed to do?

chapter 15 btw and Mieri wants to
summon a digimon or something

Go to Kowloon 1, at the park right near the start.

Hopefully, with this success, they will localise next order, or maybe even make a sequel cyber sleuth coz I'm really digging the Digital Detective Motif they have going.

My team, heading towards the end

D3L4uPM.jpg

Wargreymon and Beelzemon have been the co-MVPs

What do you need to get Beelzemon BM? (Asside from preorder dlc)

This is probably my biggest problem in this game

it's as if I supposed to knew which corner I'm supposed to look ar sometimes with no hints.

ahh was this for Galactica park? I got caught in the same thing. TBH I think it's more of an issue with the localisation than a problem with the game itself.

grimmiq

This is probably my biggest problem in this game

it's as if I supposed to knew which corner I'm supposed to look ar sometimes with no hints.

Most of the time there is some vague hint, but with this one I just went zone by zone, luckily I started in Eden so only had to go through 5 areas there before I got to Kowloon 1.

notaskwid

So I was getting my ass handed by
the eater that absorbs Yuuko
on hard. I changed to normal because I was getting my party swept in 2 attacks
after he starts using mastermind port
and this is so much easier, holy shit.

Skulldead

This game seem to have surpass any expectation of Namco Bandai...

Seem to sell really well, first forum on gamefaqs, got great review by fan... The word of mouth remind me of disgaea 1 and Valkyria chronicle, got ok sell the first week and explode weeks afters. Amazing news for digimon fan.

silva1991

So I was getting my ass handed by
the eater that absorbs Yuuko
on hard. I changed to normal because I was getting my party swept in 2 attacks
after he starts using mastermind port
and this is so much easier, holy shit.

Yeah, bosses on hard mode are freaking hard

and that's a good thing.

notaskwid

and that's a good thing.

Yeah, I agree, but I didn't really had any realistic way of beating him now outside of heavy grinding, and I was not feeling it right now. Thank you modern gaming for saving lazy asses ahah.

Skulldead

and that's a good thing.

I'm happy about that new mode, no way i would have played more then 20 hour with normal difficulty, a non challenging RPG is usually a big turn off, give the choice like this game should be the standard.

Zhao_Yun

My PS4 copy just arrived :) Can't wait to start it up later!
I can redeem my DLC code without worries, although some issues haven't been fixed yet, right?

Brew124

I am absolutely loving this. Still early in the game.. end of Chapter 5/start of Chapter 6.. but I've been having a blast. Spent a lot of time just grinding out Digimon. My only complaint so far is the translation at spots, but that's so minor to me. Glad Media Vision is making a comeback to consoles after years of handhelds and mobile with this, Shining Resonance, and Valkyria Azure Revolution.

silva1991

Where is Yuugo's ghost or what ever I'm looking foor in Kowloon lv2?

I searched everywhere there

edit: nvm I found yuuko there

Is it worth constantly doing 1000 Yen item research to try and find USBs?

everyone seems to suggest 1000 yen option for USBs and it worked for me to get 3 exp bonus ones.

save a minute before development is done and keep reloading every time you don't get whatever you wanted.

Yasumi

Banned
Why does Arata say Bakemon when referring to the Eater?

Unless "Bakemon" is supposed to be bakemono (monster).

He does say Bakemon in Japanese too, rather than bakemono, so I think the localization decided to just swing with it instead of changing it to something else. We get what he's saying.

I'm not really sure how I'd localize it either, since he's pretty much using a slang version of monster. Maybe mon? Beastie?

Nightbird

I really like this new direction Digimon is taking.
It's everything I wanted from a Pokémon game in the last few years. This might become my first platinum trophy!

Top Bottom