• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth |OT| The Prodigious Mon Returns (Courtesy of a Petition)

My copy isn't there yet T.T I also went to a couple of stores with no luck.

Going by Amazon.de listing, the next shipment would be on monday next week.... smh

Breads

Banned
When actively trying to look for EXP USBs I must have soft reset roughly 10-20 min per cycle.

Now that I've just been casually betting on random items in the farm I got USBs 3 out of 4 times. For a total of 16. On the plus side I now have 3x Platsuka and 3x Platnume (3 usbs are better than 2, hi mem req tho) and a decent spread of lower 100 abi mons. I have no idea what my plans are going forward, knowing to do this the way I did is as much as I've spoiled for myself, but I feel like I can leave the Haguru mines knowing that if I wanted to power level to a sickass digimon, I could.

Quirky translation and a few QoL things I wish the game had aside [ability to evolve/ devolve anywhere and folders in the databank] this is a very enjoyable vita game.

Yu Narukami

My copy isn't there yet T.T I also went to a couple of stores with no luck.

Going by Amazon.de listing, the next shipment would be on monday next week.... smh

Try amazon.it
Never mind. They are out of stock too.
You could try a third-party seller from amazon.de?

So glad it seems to be doing relatively well. Hope the numbers make Namco want to release the games to the west with better localizations considering the okay localization is the only issue I have with the game.

Still wanting a built from ground up digimon game on ps4 though.. Plz Namco...

That's what I want, something in the cyber sleuth universe at least.

I'm kinda hoping that the good numbers are reason enough for Bandai Namco to go back and give the game another pass of polish, similar to what happened with SAO. It think it deserves it.

AyanFaust

Banned
I'm kinda hoping that the good numbers are reason enough for Bandai Namco to go back and give the game another pass of polish, similar to what happened with SAO. It think it deserves it.
It would be nice, but I doubt it. They only gave SAO a second pass because it was rereleased for ps4 a little later. I think we can only hope the next westward digimon game gets a budget and a better localization.

aravuus

When actively trying to look for EXP USBs I must has soft reset roughly 10-20 min per cycle.

You mean reset 10-20 times every time before getting the EXP USB? Cause that definitely sounds familiar. I've tried getting the USBs a couple of times, but after 20+ resets each time and no USB I just said fuck it, the game's easy enough atm.

NEO0MJ

Man, these multiple path evo-errr digivolutions make it so hard to decide where to go with your minions. Any tips on how to best go with this or should I just pick whatever I feel looks best?

Syntsui

Does anyone know what Megas have penetrating attacks? I have a feeling one WarGreymon won't be enough for the next bosses.

Breads

Banned
You mean reset 10-20 times every time before getting the EXP USB? Cause that definitely sounds familiar. I've tried getting the USBs a couple of times, but after 20+ resets each time and no USB I just said fuck it, the game's easy enough atm.

Something like that. For me it isn't about making the game easy. I just want to try out a lot of different digimon/ party comps.

Something like that. For me it isn't about making the game easy. I just want to try out a lot of different digimon/ party comps.

Just so no one gets confused. Its actually called Tactician USB. I'm an idiot and resetted my first time when I got it because everyone was calling it fucking EXP USB

It's amazing how accessible yet deep this game is with all the digivolving and de-digivolving. I'm loving the story and style of this game too. It's so friggin Japanese! :D Feels very refreshing after mostly playing western games. Music and sound effects are also great.

I guess JRPG is the magic that heals my CoD-ridden soul.

9/10 Logging back to EDEN.

Yasumi

Banned
Alright Nokia is getting better and better as the story goes on. It took 9 chapters but aye shes pretty cool now.

klJxbMn.png

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
So glad it seems to be doing relatively well. Hope the numbers make Namco want to release the games to the west with better localizations considering the okay localization is the only issue I have with the game.

Still wanting a built from ground up digimon game on ps4 though.. Plz Namco...
Yeah I would love another Digimon Story game but I don't like the Digimon World 1 gameplay so I'm not interested in buying Digimon World Next Order if it gets localized.It's going to be a years (again) before I even consider buying another Digimon game.

Unless they localized Digimon Adventure...

Sweet, this pleases me and bodes well for future Digimon games getting localized. I also hope that they go back and localize the Digimon Adventure game on the PSP, maybe port it to the PS4

Haha let's not go crazy here :D
I think our focus should be on getting Next Order right now

Where is Yuugo's ghost or what ever I'm looking foor in Kowloon lv2?

I searched everywhere there

edit: nvm I found yuuko there

everyone seems to suggest 1000 yen option for USBs and it worked for me to get 3 exp bonus ones.

save a minute before development is done and keep reloading every time you don't get whatever you wanted.

Mainly because it's only available on 1000 yen

Breads

Banned
Just so no one gets confused. Its actually called Tactician USB. I'm an idiot and resetted my first time when I got it because everyone was calling it fucking EXP USB

I took everything at least once just to learn what they do. When I first got the Tactician USB I wasn't even sure if it was what I was looking for. I looked it up and sure enough it was it. I only call it EXP USB because everyone else does.

It's amazing how accessible yet deep this game is with all the digivolving and de-digivolving. I'm loving the story and style of this game too. It's so friggin Japanese! :D Feels very refreshing after mostly playing western games. Music and sound effects are also great.

I guess JRPG is the magic that heals my CoD-ridden soul.

9/10 Logging back to EDEN.

Maybe I'm riding high on the good vibes of finally getting a game like this localized but I feel like the bolded is what helps keep the lite-localization charming.

AyanFaust

Banned
Me neither would much rather have a turn based system RPG sequel to Cyber Sleuth.

They are considered different series (Story vs. World), so I'm assuming a story game would come out eventually. It's just not the next one :x

Hopefully a story game is in the works though.

I think next order is the sequel to the remake of the first digimon world on ps1 right?
It's more like digimon world 1

Kinda like Digimon breeder if that makes any sense

They are considered different series (Story vs. World), so I'm assuming a story game would come out eventually. It's just not the next one :x

Media Vision has their hands full with Valkyrie Chronicles at the moment, so maybe not for awhile then :/

So is it worth starting from the lowest level possible? I've been avoiding using the champions I've scanned and been training up from babies and rookies. It's getting kind of bothersome though so I'm wondering if it's working.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like

Digimon Adventure had a Turn Based combat,after that Digimon World Re:Digitized had Digimon World gameplay, afterwards Cyber Sleuth had Turn Based combat and now Next Order has Digimon World gameplay.So going off that pattern the next game should have our beloved Turn Base combat again.

AyanFaust

Banned
So is it worth starting from the lowest level possible? I've been avoiding using the champions I've scanned and been training up from babies and rookies. It's getting kind of bothersome though so I'm wondering if it's working.

If I remember right, The ABI tends to be higher on digimon that you evolve yourself. That determines how high they can level and how many bonus stats they can get. So a Gatomon you evolve into yourself has the potential to be stronger than a random Gatomon. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong).

Li Kao

Oh boy, it's my favorite type of localization bug, the "choices are actually two halves of the same sentence" formatting bug! Woo! :p

Andddd this is where I leave this sinking ship, I think. Not criticizing those who put up with it nor wanting to throw a fuss but Bamco, just FYI, this is no way to treat your customers. Could you kindly go fuck yourself ?
I totally understand the miraculous aspect of having this title localized, but nevertheless I still have a modicum of expectations toward a paid product. This is not good, this is not nearly good enough.

The next time I read about entitlement I surely will think about this. How do you want me to have respect for a company that don't put the bare minimum toward its customers ? And by bare minimum I just mean a product working as intended, not the second coming.
A fucking fan translation would have put a better job...

If I remember right, The ABI tends to be higher on digimon that you evolve yourself. That determines how high they can level and how many bonus stats they can get. So a Gatomon you evolve into yourself has the potential to be stronger than a random Gatomon. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong).

Man I really hope so, can anyone else confirm this? Thankss.

Stuart444

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpUIJTkCBnA

I'm not feeling it :(

I was spoiled by Cyber sleuth's TB gameplay.

Well it's a Digimon World game after all, anyone who liked the original DW will probably like NO as it seems to be based heavily off of it but enhanced.

Of course this is based off the videos, it will be more obvious next month when there may be some actual import impressions. (not from me but I'm saving money since I'm going to Japan End of March/Start of April but I may pick it up while I'm over there.)

So the game charted at #7 in the UK.

That's pretty amazing. And they didn't want to release this in stores at first :p

Sweeet.

I'm really looking forward to Next Order, but I'm also ready for more of the Story series. I wouldn't be shocked if a Cyber Sleuth sequel came out next year.

Top Bottom