• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth |OT| The Prodigious Mon Returns (Courtesy of a Petition)

MongKey

Man I really hope so, can anyone else confirm this? Thankss.
From what I've seen, yes, training a digimon from baby to champion will yield more ABI compared to a fully scanned champion.

Though you could use fully scanned champion to get a higher ABI baby by continually de-digivolving said champion until it becomes a baby. For example, both fully scanned Botamon and Greymon have 5 ABI. De-digivolve that Greymon until it become Botamon, it will then have 11 ABI which is higher than the first Botamon. One way I make use of fully scanned champions.

Stuart444

I'm really looking forward to Next Order, but I'm also ready for more of the Story series. I wouldn't be shocked if a Cyber Sleuth sequel came out next year.

I hope so, I really think it's a good idea to switch between the series'

I also would like a Digimon Adventure 02 game (or even a remake of Digimon Adventure PSP which was great but PSP limitations were very obvious but would prefer 02 for ARMOR EVOLUTIONS <3 ) but we'll see if they decide to do anymore anime based games that are like that.

I cant seem to go back to the Digital Shift locations in Akihabara and Shinjuku. I think I missed chests with memory ups in those locations. Are those gone forever or is there some way of going back to those places that I haven't found yet. They dont appear to be available in the digilab

Sorry for the delay in replying to this. I just woke up and then put on my JP version to check for you since I had forgotten.

Akihabara's does appear later in the Mirror Dungeon. Shinjuku becomes a perma place you can go to after certain story scenes. So don't worry about losing access to them.

MnmY9OQ.jpg

A pic of me inside the Akihabara dungeon via the Mirror Dungeon functionality. You defo go back there later on though because I remember seeing a chest that was impossible to get to as well when I was in the dungeon for the first time (it was beyond the boss area)

Also for anyone curious, this was my final team in the JP version when I was doing the Demon Lord DLC:

UlforceVeedramon, 2 x PlatinumNumemon (though I believe I have 3, just not all on me), Lilithmon, ImperialDramon Paladin Mode, MegaGargomon, Jesmon, Omegamon Zwart, Ophanimon, Rapidmon (Armor) and Magnamon.

From what I've seen, yes, training a digimon from baby to champion will yield more ABI compared to a fully scanned champion.

Though you could use fully scanned champion to get a higher ABI baby by continually de-digivolving said champion until it becomes a baby. For example, both fully scanned Botamon and Greymon have 5 ABI. De-digivolve that Greymon until it become Botamon, it will then have 11 ABI which is higher than the first Botamon. One way I make use of fully scanned champions.

O.O

Wow I never thought of thaat. I've just been feeding my champions away... Thanks a lottt.

Next orders really aimed at fans of the first games & fans who've played digimon from the start. That video isn't really a good representation of the strategy involved in it, they're using 2 rookies vs a numemon, it's not going to be very difficult. Once you get stronger digimon /fight stronger digimon you really need to command and react to what's coming. Cyber sleuth was basically press attack until you got some champions or vs. Champions. The world games have loads of system and throwback to the monster raising systems digimon originally came from. Next order even has camping /cooking. As Stuart said wait until it actually releases to form an opinion on it. I can understand wanting good/unique turn based rpgs but digimon has always done it's own thing in video games. /rant

Digimon world 1 = Goat - come at me :D

Stuart444

Next orders really aimed at fans of the first games & fans who've played digimon from the start. That video isn't really a good representation of the strategy involved in it, they're using 2 rookies vs a numemon, it's not going to be very difficult. The world games have loads of system and throwback to the monster raising systems digimon originally came from. Next order even has camping /cooking. As Stuart said wait until it actually releases to form an opinion on it. I can understand wanting good/unique turn based rpgs but digimon has always done it's own thing in video games. /rant

Yeah, NO has been VERY targeted at DW1 fans except if it's like RE: Digitize, it will probably be a lot easier to get better Digimon than DW1 was.

The video isn't a great representation of it I'm sure, so like I said, wait til we see some import impressions and some videos from people who have had longer to spend with the game than a quick stream like that vid was.

Where can I buy some revival pills? I'm on chapter 8 and I haven't seen any since chapter 2.

Check the shop lady on the first floor in Nakano. Not sure if she sells them that early but try her anyway. If not, you'll have to wait til later when her inventory changes/increases.

edit: Just checked, yeah she doesn't yet but I believe she sells them later on. So keep her shop in mind for later (also on Chapter 8)

Getting my Paildramon to 99 and then digivolving to Imperialdramon. My team is almost complete.

My main team will be Seraphimon, Omnimon and Imperialdramon (Paladin/Battle Mode). Getting closer and closer.

Where can I buy some revival pills? I'm on chapter 8 and I haven't seen any since chapter 2.

Doesn't the shop in Nakano 1F sell them? I could be wrong though. I just use MagnaAngemon to revive people lol

evilalien

Man I really hope so, can anyone else confirm this? Thankss.

It's true that a mon that you evolved yourself will have a higher ABI than one you just scanned and converted, but there is nothing stopping you from boosting the ABI of the one you converted via de-digivolving/digivolving.

MongKey

Next orders really aimed at fans of the first games & fans who've played digimon from the start. That video isn't really a good representation of the strategy involved in it, they're using 2 rookies vs a numemon, it's not going to be very difficult. Once you get stronger digimon /fight stronger digimon you really need to command and react to what's coming. Cyber sleuth was basically press attack until you got some champions or vs. Champions. The world games have loads of system and throwback to the monster raising systems digimon originally came from. Next order even has camping /cooking. As Stuart said wait until it actually releases to form an opinion on it. I can understand wanting good/unique turn based rpgs but digimon has always done it's own thing in video games. /rant

Okay. Hugs :D

I hope New Order is more like DW1 where you can see the town builds up as you recruit more digimons. Re;Digitize town doesn't feel as personal as DW1.

Stuart444

Okay. Hugs :D

I hope new order is more like DW1 where you can see the town builds up as you recruit more digimons. Re;Digitize town doesn't feel as personal as DW1.

One of the recent trailers show the Town changing in Next Order so I assume yes that does happen.

(if one of the other DigiGAF folks who visit the Community thread remembers what trailer showed that, do feel free to post it :) )

I really did like DW1 a lot. Even though I had no idea how to play it. Next Order looks pretty good from what I've seen. Hopefully it'll get localized and a PS4 port.

If I buy this on the vita is there anything Ill regret having not played it on my ps4? Im thinking the Vita version might be a better option for me to play it on the go.

JCX

Not even sure if this game is good, but being able to make my dream teams from childhood is pretty great.

Drop

I agree, DW1 has an unmatched charm when it comes to digimon games, which is why I'm so excited for Next Order and reaaaally hope they localize it.

With all the games coming out this year I was considering buying Cyber Sleuth later down the line, I ended up preordering it just because I wanted to support the game in the hope that it would help NO being localized.
It was a good choice on all fronts though, the game is fantastic.

Stuart444

Any early game tips for a newbie?

Get 3 Pabumon

Evolve them to Motimon then Hagurumon then PlatinumSukamon. (don't grind them, just bring them with you or leave them in the farm to level up naturally though I do recommend bringing at least 1 or 2 with you to level up quicker than they would in the farm)

After Chapter 4 in the Hagurumon request where he asks you to find a gear, go into his dungeon, don't talk to him.

Run around the entrance area near the access point in his dungeon.

Grind PlatSuka until they learn Character Reversal (around level 25ish)

Then use 3 PlatSukamon in battle (in front, not reserve since support skills only work if they are in the frontlines), everytime a Vaccine type (Peckmon and Greymon mainly) appears, use Character Reversal on them to reverse their strengths and weaknesses. Dorugamon (the only other Digimon I saw at the entrance area of his dungeon) is already weak to Virus Type Moves from PlatSukamon.

Enjoy getting 4k EXP per battle and leveling up your reserves quite easily. Spend some time here digivolving and just having fun :p. (party member will be low so you'll be making several trips to the DigiLab but you'll need to visit anyway to Digivolve so not a big deal).

Once you feel you have grinded enough/got enough Ultimates/whatever then complete the quest.

Warning: You won't be back there til MUCH later in the game and by then there will be better grind places. Just remember that.

All the early game tips you need there :)

If I buy this on the vita is there anything Ill regret having not played it on my ps4? Im thinking the Vita version might be a better option for me to play it on the go.

If you prefer to play it on the go then get the Vita version. The PS4 version has higher resolution and framerate but the Vita version is perfectly fine. I prefer console games personally since I'm not out enough that I need it on the go. (though I do have the JP Vita version but I played that on the big screen still :p ).

So yeah, get whichever one you prefer!

silva1991

Looking at the op

EpOgNIo.jpg

my digimons are at level 99 and still haven't fought this thing.

Why is it so fucking slow

A mix of auto-battle and a FFXII-esque gambit system could be really cool, though. Looks like it could kinda be like that?

I have no clue.

I see everyone talking about farming tactician USBs requiring Developer Know-hows. Where do you get those? I'm in chapter 8 and I still haven't run into them. People have been saying you can get them in chapter 3.

Drop

I see everyone talking about farming tactician USBs requiring Developer Know-hows. Where do you get those? I'm in chapter 8 and I still haven't run into them. People have been saying you can get them in chapter 3.

You can buy developer know-how in the shop terminal you find in the digilab.

Stuart444

I know the first DLC quest (Additional Mission 1) has one along with 2 other farm goods but I think that's one of the bugged things for the US? Maybe.

It comes with the UK/EU Day 1 edition.

Of course our DLC is still bugged and I can't get Black Agu/Gabumon or the 2 English Exclusive Digimon so we have our own problems :(

silva1991

I Got goldmunenon and I wanted to see what can it evolve into and then I got this

latest

pretty looking mega level and not so humanoid.

Rnr1224

finally got my Tokomon to 100 ABI and now ill be improving its INT. Absolutely loving the digivolve system. Pretty addicting on its own! Got some ultimate levels now so I think I should be good for the foreseeable future. Ill probably go for palidramon next since I havent had any experience with DNA digivolving.

finally got my Tokomon to 100 ABI and now ill be improving its INT. Absolutely loving the digivolve system. Pretty addicting on its own! Got some ultimate levels now so I think I should be good for the foreseeable future. Ill probably go for palidramon next since I havent had any experience with DNA digivolving.

Just FYI, you lose 1 one of the Digimon you DNA digivolve.

Stuart444

I'm at Chapter 5 with 55 Party Memory. I hope I didn't miss any.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/vita/757436-digimon-story-cyber-sleuth/faqs/71778?page=24#section1867

If you're worried ^ Only 2 are missable (treasure chests) before Chapter 5 but you can always go back to them later on, even at the very end of the game.

Don't worry though, you can go back to almost every area either via the Mirror Dungeon in the DigiLab once all story/side quests are taken care of in those specific areas or later in the game/end game.

Queston guys,

with this evolving, devolving thing, is it best to level them up to the level cap before devolving them, then relevelling them to that cap before evolving them to get ABI up?

BY2K

Membero Americo
http://www.gamefaqs.com/vita/757436-digimon-story-cyber-sleuth/faqs/71778?page=24#section1867

If you're worried ^ Only 2 are missable (treasure chests) before Chapter 5 but you can always go back to them later on, even at the very end of the game.

Don't worry though, you can go back to almost every area either via the Mirror Dungeon in the DigiLab once all story/side quests are taken care of in those specific areas or later in the game/end game.

Did the count, I didn't miss any so far.

MongKey

How do you freakin beat the Eater in ch8 HM?

I mean is this game serious :(((
Do you have any digimon with DEF-penetrating attack? Using DEF-penetrating attacks will deal serious damage to them. Though I'm speaking generally since I've yet to reach chapter 8.

AyanFaust

Banned
How do you freakin beat the Eater in ch8 HM?

I mean is this game for real??? :(((

Gatomon with her fixed damage attack and ice devimon with piercing attacks are great for eaters. Personally,
lucemon and grand cross makes any water laughable as they go down in a single hit. The fight with the two eaters in chapter ten went down laughably easy as a result.

You can do it! Just go in with the right digimon :>

Top Bottom