• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth |OT| The Prodigious Mon Returns (Courtesy of a Petition)

MongKey

Could you guys tell me who your favorite megas are and why? I think the reason the game hasn't hooked me completely yet is the fact that I became a fan through just playing Digimon World, Digimon Digital Card Battle and Rumble Arena on PS1 and never bothering to watch the show besides the first season. Most of the megas in this game are unfamiliar to me. I got Justimon but I don't even know if he's any good.

I read about the royal knights and the dorumon x antibody movie on the wiki yesterday. But who is Lucemon and why is he so sought after? I know what he looks like and I know tokomon can digivolve to him, but the requirements seem ridiculous for a cupid looking motherfucker
For me, I choose my party based on design rather than their usefulness in game. Take TigerVespamon as an example. He is my favorite mega based entirely on design and I decided that he will be in my party day 0. Though I also specifically chose some for my party based entirely on nostalgia.

My advice, just pick whatever megas you like the most and work on getting them which is a nice target to have in my opinion.

Could you guys tell me who your favorite megas are and why? I think the reason the game hasn't hooked me completely yet is the fact that I became a fan through just playing Digimon World, Digimon Digital Card Battle and Rumble Arena on PS1 and never bothering to watch the show besides the first season. Most of the megas in this game are unfamiliar to me. I got Justimon but I don't even know if he's any good.

I read about the royal knights and the dorumon x antibody movie on the wiki yesterday. But who is Lucemon and why is he so sought after? I know what he looks like and I know tokomon can digivolve to him, but the requirements seem ridiculous for a cupid looking motherfucker
Machinedramon's my favourite. I'm a sucker for mechas and dinosaurs, so having a digimon that is essentially both pretttty much won me over instantly.

It's a badass.
91JUfdi.jpg

Megidramon and Gallantmon are other favourites, but that's mainly because of Tamers. The former isn't in this game, though, unfortunately.

Just go for designs you like.

AyanFaust

Banned

First, go with what looks the coolest, and try to fit them into your team. Most megas should be fine at getting you to endgame I imagine. Even my PlatinumNumemon which is mostly used for EXP is an amazing tank.
I went with stuff like Lilithmon(which looks really cool), ophanimon and I'll be going with ShineGreymon, WarGreymon, Omegamon, Alphamon, Paildramon, just all the cool looking ones. Again, just go with what designs you like and build your team like that :)

Lucemon is a really hard to evolve into digimon, but also has really awesome stats. He's essentially lucifer of the digital world, and as a result can destroy A LOT, but is just hard/grindy to get.

L95

I adore anything draconic or had a big role in the early anime.

Machinedramon, Wargreymon, Metalseadramon, stuff like that.

Onmimon is hype though, as well hehe.

Stuart444

Alright, so I've bought a bit of time to acquire Tactician USB through Digifarm.

Speaking of that, is the item that increases development really needed for Digifarm item?

Don't think so, some people just got them with a lot of resetting.

Anyway I just got MegaSeadramon and it made me think.

Out of the 4 Dark Masters, Machinedramon, Puppetmon, Piedmon and MetalSeadramon.

The latter is the only one of the four Dark Masters that is a Data Type, the rest are Virus types.

I just thought that was funny lol. Never realized it at the time.

Don't think so, some people just got them with a lot of resetting.

Anyway I just got MegaSeadramon and it made me think.

Out of the 4 Dark Masters, Machinedramon, Puppetmon, Piedmon and MetalSeadramon.

The latter is the only one of the four Dark Masters that is a Data Type, the rest are Virus types.

I just thought that was funny lol. Never realized it at the time.
I actually only realized it a few days ago when I decided to get all four of them haha. At first I was hesitant because I thought four virus megas might be too much, especially since I want BlackWarGreymon too, then I noticed the Seadramon line are all data.

AyanFaust

Banned
Actually, what is everyone's favorite data type mega? I need a good data type, and most of my favorite digimon are virus or vaccine types. The only data type I recognized was the mega of Renamon's line. Anything cooler? :D

SaberLeomon is probably my overall favorite. I like all of the Leomon line, but SaberLeomon is definitely my favorite mega among them. I also think it's cool that Leomon would end up reverting to a more primal state as his mega.

I also like most of the Dark Masters designs especially Puppetmon and MetalSeadramon.

Actually, what is everyone's favorite data type mega? I need a good data type, and most of my favorite digimon are virus or vaccine types. The only data type I recognized was the mega of Renamon's line. Anything cooler? :D
MetalGarurumon is the obvious one. :p MetalSeadramon is my favourite though.

AyanFaust

Banned
Next best farming spot after side dungeon in ch3 is...?

I just started ch9
Valhalla in Chapter 10 isn't bad

Tourney in Chapter 11 is pretty wonderful for farming.

Soooo
they just going to give nokia an omnimon like that..cool cool no jealous.

They even have you play as him too... Just rude on all accounts

MetalGarurumon is the obvious one. :p MetalSeadramon is my favourite though.
Metal garurumon is getting sacrificed for a greater purpose though.
I need Omegamon
I'll definitely be getting the dark masters though, so that is a pretty obvious one that I should try to get :D

MirageGaogamon is one of my favourites.

He look surprisingly awesome actually O.O

BLCKATK

Hey guys, quick question. A friend of mine is visiting from Europe and wants to grab this game while they are here in the states and play a bit. Can they take that US copy and play it on their PS4 back home? If not I'll just let them know that they should wait. I've read before that the PS4 isn't region locked but I wasn't exactly sure.

Croc

Banned
every single time I start playing this game I'm still constantly amazed at how great it is

this is the digimon game I've been wanting since I was 7!

Stuart444

Hey guys, quick question. A friend of mine is visiting from Europe and wants to grab this game while they are here in the states and play a bit. Can they take that US copy and play it on their PS4 back home? If not I'll just let them know that they should wait. I've read before that the PS4 isn't region locked but I wasn't exactly sure.

Yes, PS4 isn't region locked.

Stuart444

Question- any missable trophies? Is so what is it and how is it missable.

Spoilers are fine as long as it's not plot related.

From about Chapter 4 - 5, there is a guy who appears in each Chapter (well most, there is one or two I think he doesn't appear in) called Victory Uchida.

he sometimes has Digimon Medals as prizes. Miss him and you can't get the medal collector trophy.

That's about it.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/vita/757436-digimon-story-cyber-sleuth/faqs/71778?page=5#section633

This guide is good if you want to be sure to see him at all times. ^ (the linked section takes you to the section that tells you just his locations)

Sora_N

I spent two hours grinding just to evolve a couple of my guys and I'm only in Chapter 2. It's so fun to see which Digimon you can get. I have Renamon, Terriermon, Agumon and Tentomon now.

Turns out Terriermon evolves into Ikkakumon but I had to deevolve it because I wanted Gatomon and you need to get to 16 instead of 15.

Qwark

The games aren't region locked, but the DLC is. There might not be much DLC for this game anyway, but if there is, he would have to purchase the DLC with a NA account in order for it to work with his NA game.

Stuart444

The games aren't region locked, but the DLC is. There might not be much DLC for this game anyway, but if there is, he would have to purchase the DLC with a NA account in order for it to work with his NA game.

IF it's like the Japanese release, the DLC should be free. So all that would be needed would be an NA account.

(and I'd assume they would do it the same as the JP release but we'll see...)

There's a guy hidden in some (all?) chapters. You need to find him every time he appears to get the platinum.

From about Chapter 4 - 5, there is a guy who appears in each Chapter (well most, there is one or two I think he doesn't appear in) called Victory Uchida.

he sometimes has Digimon Medals as prizes. Miss him and you can't get the medal collector trophy.

That's about it.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/vita/757436-digimon-story-cyber-sleuth/faqs/71778?page=5#section633

This guide is good if you want to be sure to see him at all times. ^ (the linked section takes you to the section that tells you just his locations)

Right and this is the only guy to look out for right? For most of the game I don't need to play with one screen on the guide?

I've just completed Trails of Cold Steel- that game made me paranoid over missables @_@

Right and this is the only guy to look out for right? For most of the game I don't need to play with one screen on the guide?

I've just completed Trails of Cold Steel- that game made me paranoid over missables @_@

The 10 exclusive medals he gives you are the only missable items in the game. Just be sure to scout him out as soon as you can in each chapter starting in chapter 5 and you'll be golden.

Stuart444

Any tips. Just hit ch.1

Get 3 Pabumon

Evolve them to Motimon then Hagurumon then PlatinumSukamon. (don't grind them, just bring them with you or leave them in the farm to level up naturally though I do recommend bringing at least 1 or 2 with you to level up quicker than they would in the farm)

After Chapter 4 in the Hagurumon request where he asks you to find a gear, go into his dungeon, don't talk to him.

Run around the entrance area near the access point in his dungeon.

Grind PlatSuka until they learn Character Reversal (around level 25ish)

Then use 3 PlatSukamon in battle (in front, not reserve since support skills only work if they are in the frontlines), everytime a Vaccine type (Peckmon and Greymon mainly) appears, use Character Reversal on them to reverse their strengths and weaknesses. Dorugamon (the only other Digimon I saw at the entrance area of his dungeon) is already weak to Virus Type Moves from PlatSukamon.

Enjoy getting 4k EXP per battle and leveling up your reserves quite easily. Spend some time here digivolving and just having fun :p. (party member will be low so you'll be making several trips to the DigiLab but you'll need to visit anyway to Digivolve so not a big deal).

Once you feel you have grinded enough/got enough Ultimates/whatever then complete the quest.

Warning: You won't be back there til MUCH later in the game and by then there will be better grind places. Just remember that.

All the early game tips you need there :)

From a few pages back, Pabumon are found in Kowloon level 1. The small green baby Digimon.

Stuart444

So official info about the Dianamon and Demon Lord DLC that we don't have yet.

https://support.bandainamcoent.com/...ory-cyber-sleuth---how-do-you-unlock-dianamon

Still makes me wonder why review copies got it and they're holding it back as DLC for everyone else.

Probably doing it like the JP release but they wanted review copies to have it to give them a chance to try out everything for their reviews?

Or maybe the review copies are based off development versions which have the DLC built in rather than the master copies that were put up onto the store/put onto the physical copies?

Rigalo

I'm sure this has been asked 100x but:

ABI increases stat gains right? Like my ExVeemon is about 10 attack points from being able to digivolve on the path that I have planned for him but he's level 30 so I don't want to continue to grind him for those attack points. So if I took him all the way back down to baby level and then back up, since he would have more ABI, would he have more attack at level 30 than he does right now?

Stuart444

Is that paid DLC or something? Why else would they hold it back

free DLC in the JP release so will probably be free in our release. And like I said, they may be holding it back to release it in a similar timeframe to the JP release? I don't think we had to wait that long before so it will probably be released by March. Probably.

Sooner the better though. They are some tough battles :)

I'm sure this has been asked 100x but:

ABI increases stat gains right? Like my ExVeemon is about 10 attack points from being able to digivolve on the path that I have planned for him but he's level 30 so I don't want to continue to grind him for those attack points. So if I took him all the way back down to baby level and then back up, since he would have more ABI, would he have more attack at level 30 than he does right now?

ABI just affects the stats gained in the Digifarm via training. Bonus stats are calculated with (ABI / 2 ) + 50 up to a max of 100 bonus stats.

Recall

In the shopping mall thing at the start doing the first quest and I'm just running around in circles. I've spoken to everyone and the shop on map just is a women telling me they will open soon.

What am I even going wrong?

Edit- fucking found it. That was infuriating.

Kinsei

Banned
In the shopping mall thing at the start doing the first quest and I'm just running around in circles. I've spoken to everyone and the shop on map just is a women telling me they will open soon.

What am I even going wrong?

Go to the coffee shop on the fourth floor. You have to actually go inside it.

Stuart444

Ahh, so I need to put him in the farm. Gotcha. Thanks!

Yes, but remember:

Personality determines what bonus stats (the ones in brackets) are gained

for example:

if the leader is a DEFENDER personality then everyone on the farm will get DEF points. They will also gain points based on their own personality.

So if a fighter is in the farm but a defender is the leader, the fighter will gain both atk and def points.

You can manipulate this by using stat deceasing items that you can buy later in EDEN and decrease the stat you don't want and just keep using the training function of the farm until the stat you do want is maxed out. You can also use items to change the personality of a Digimon.

That's basically how the DigiFarm works anyway.

Top Bottom