• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth |OT| The Prodigious Mon Returns (Courtesy of a Petition)

Bogeypop

It begins.

qSqS0iQ.jpg

AyanFaust

Banned
Hmmm, can I get a break down on what abi and cam is?

Abi is like the digimon's potential. It determines level cap and how many bonus stats they can get in the farm(abi/2 plus 50 at max 100)

Cam is like friendship and can be raised when used in the active party in a fight or by feeding the digimon certain meat in the farm.

Kinsei

Banned
Hmmm, can I get a break down on what abi and cam is?

ABI is ability. This stat determines the level cap of the Digimon, how many bonus stat points it can get from the farm, and is also required for some evolutions. This stat increases when you evolve and devolve, the higher your level when you do the more it increases.

CAM is camaraderie. This stat is required for some evolutions and I think it increases the frequency of Xros combos. It increases every fight in which that Digimon is part of your active party and if you feed it meat on the farm.

There is a free extra mission pack on the Australian store that includes:

Additional Mission 1: Urgent Case from Mirei
Additional Mission 2: A Villainous Cinematic Case
Additional Mission 3: Nakano Digimon Festival

Are these the missing purple missions? It's listed as "Extra Mission Pack 1," implying there are more to come.

Was able to digivolve to three PlatSukamon. Tried many times to get the tactician USB from the farm and finally managed to get 2 of them. Will try to get another one or two before power leveling my team.

Beforehand, I was lucky enough to get some emeralds for easy money and make up for buying developer know-hows and builder discs to properly setup my dev team.

Stuart444

There is a free extra mission pack on the Australian store that includes:

Additional Mission 1: Urgent Case from Mirei
Additional Mission 2: A Villainous Cinematic Case
Additional Mission 3: Nakano Digimon Festival

Are these the missing purple missions? It's listed as "Extra Mission Pack 1," implying there are more to come.

Yeah, those came with the day 1 edition in Europe (not sure about NA). The rest of the additional missions are mainly the Demon Lords DLC.

Also Okuwamon is great for defeating the Eaters. Digivolved Stingmon into it for now (while I try to raise both his and ExVeemon's ABI for Paildramon) and his main attack is great def piercing move :D

Croc

Banned
ch 11/12 spoilers:
I really hoped at that brief part at the beginning of ch. 12 that I was going to the Digital World :(

So people in this thread have been complaining about the Eaters being called Bakemon, but they're calling them Bakemon when they speak in Japanese so either there's something going on further into the game or different people are calling them different things. I just unlocked Asakusa and the blue/white hoodie guy and the creepy guy both called them bakemon.

Stuart444

So people in this thread have been complaining about the Eaters being called Bakemon, but they're calling them Bakemon when they speak in Japanese so either there's something going on further into the game or different people are calling them different things. I just unlocked Asakusa and the blue/white hoodie guy and the creepy guy both called them bakemon.

If we had screenshots of the JP text, it'd be easier to tell but it does sound like they are saying Bakemon in Japanese so no real reason to complain about it yeah.

Stuart444

This game is way too good, that is all.

Indeed :)

Also I'm now going through the cups (on the Silver one, I sort of forgot about them while going through the story and the Plat one just unlocked in Chapter 11) and I ended up getting Medal Fan trophy from it. Yay ^_^

AyanFaust

Banned
Just got lucemon fm. A little lacklustre actually ^^; it might be going from a level 96 to a level 1, but he seems notably weaker. I hope sm wows me when I get to it.

Stuart444

Since you've guys have had some time with the game already, any tips for someone about to start?

Get 3 Pabumon

Evolve them to Motimon then Hagurumon then PlatinumSukamon. (don't grind them, just bring them with you or leave them in the farm to level up naturally though I do recommend bringing at least 1 or 2 with you to level up quicker than they would in the farm)

After Chapter 4 in the Hagurumon request where he asks you to find a gear, go into his dungeon, don't talk to him.

Run around the entrance area near the access point in his dungeon.

Grind PlatSuka until they learn Character Reversal (around level 25ish)

Then use 3 PlatSukamon in battle (in front, not reserve since support skills only work if they are in the frontlines), everytime a Vaccine type (Peckmon and Greymon mainly) appears, use Character Reversal on them to reverse their strengths and weaknesses. Dorugamon (the only other Digimon I saw at the entrance area of his dungeon) is already weak to Virus Type Moves from PlatSukamon.

Enjoy getting 4k EXP per battle and leveling up your reserves quite easily. Spend some time here digivolving and just having fun :p. (party member will be low so you'll be making several trips to the DigiLab but you'll need to visit anyway to Digivolve so not a big deal).

Once you feel you have grinded enough/got enough Ultimates/whatever then complete the quest.

Warning: You won't be back there til MUCH later in the game and by then there will be better grind places. Just remember that.

All the early game tips you need there :)

Pabumon are found in Kowloon level 1. The small green baby Digimon.

From the last page

Stuart444

So just beat the Platinum Cup. Went through all cups until then with just Okuwamon and 2 PlatinumSukamon (Character Reversal FTW)

Toughest fight was the final one in the Platinum Cup. Sylphymon's speed ups made it rather tough. Ended up having to switch in RizeGreymon, Lotusmon and Rapidmon to revive my Plats and Okuwamon and to help bring down Sylphymon. Once Sylphymon was brought down, I switched out Rize and Lotus for PlatSuka and Okuwamon and once Paildramon was down, I switched Rapid for my other PlatSuka (dat EXP bonus) and we finished it.

Needed quite a few HP and SP items (Okuwamon's main attack costs 30 sp per use but so worth it) but we won anyway :D

Breads

Banned
Actually, what is everyone's favorite data type mega? I need a good data type, and most of my favorite digimon are virus or vaccine types. The only data type I recognized was the mega of Renamon's line. Anything cooler? :D

I don't like what you're implying!

So the cycle should be to evolve and de-evolve to get those stats up?

Thanks for the help.

Evolving also raises ABI, but if you're stuck at a max level wall then devolving is the only option. Do know that the more levels you have when you do evolve/ de-evolve the more ABI you gain on transition.

Just know that max level isn't the only barrier though. Some Digimon have stat requirements that far exceed what you can obtain even by lvl 99 so you need to raise ABI to have the ability to gain the stats necessary to make the evolution. This matters a lot if you find yourself liking specific digimon and think that the evolve/de-evolve cycle ends right there. More so when you realize that you can inherit skills from evolutions outside your intended picks which could prompt you to take evolving/ devolving even further.

Wazzy

Banned
Ugh I'm so dumb. I thought having platSuka's in reserve would work but they have to be in battle. Oh well, I have a decent amount of ultimates already.

Also how hard is it to get the Tactician USB to drop from farm? I put a bunch of builders in for shorter time, have 4 developer Know How's and have done a few times but no drop. Am I supposed to reset before a specific point to change drop?

Hikami

Anyone know what New Game+ does yet?

Edit: holy crap, randomly got the 1,000 battles trophy lol. Couldn't even get that much for Trails of Cold Steel when I tried to.

Breads

Banned
Ugh I'm so dumb. I thought having platSuka's in reserve would work but they have to be in battle. Oh well, I have a decent amount of ultimates already.

Also how hard is it to get the Tactician USB to drop from farm? I put a bunch of builders in for shorter time, have 4 developer Know How's and have done a few times but no drop. Am I supposed to reset before a specific point to change drop?

It's radomized the moment the timer stops so at the 2 minute mark I suggest using at least two saves, 1 safety save and 1 save closer to the very second it spawns to make it quicker and save/ reload until you get the Tactician USB items.

I did it by having 10 builder digimon and having 2 Developer Know How on the island. If you're having issue having enough builder digimon remember that you can return their data and spawn them again with new personality roll.

Wazzy

Banned
It's radomized the moment the timer stops so at the 2 minute mark I suggest using at least two saves, 1 safety save and 1 save closer to the very second it spawns to make it quicker and save/ reload until you get the Tactician USB items.

I did it by having 10 builder digimon and having 2 Developer Know How on the island. If you're having issue having enough builder digimon remember that you can return their data and spawn them again with new personality roll.
Okay I'll give that a try and thank you!

HabeeNo

Given that there are 77 pages for this game, and I won a Super Bowl bet, I bought the game at full price to support Digimon releases here in the West :)

Will play it during Spring Break lol

True Fire

Given that there are 77 pages for this game, and I won a Super Bowl bet, I bought the game at full price to support Digimon releases here in the West :)

Will play it during Spring Break lol

You're doing the lord's work.

It's actually an amazing game, so you won't be disappointed.

jtan

I have a question. I saw that people said abi determines level cap and bonus points, but how exactly?

My angemon has +37 for int and his abi is 12.

Stuart444

I have a question. I saw that people said abi determines level cap and bonus points, but how exactly?

My angemon has +37 for int and his abi is 12.

Not sure about level cap, all I know is that you dedigivolve to up the level cap

Bonus points, it's (ABI / 2 ) + 50. Max of 100 bonus points allowed.

Chase17

Few questions about the game.

Is it beginner friendly? I have no knowledge of digimon but I am fond of monster collecting/battling games.

Is the vita version solid?

How long is the main story?

Interested in the game but wanted to check on a few things first.

Top Bottom