• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth |OT| The Prodigious Mon Returns (Courtesy of a Petition)

Croc

Banned
I'm really curious how difficult that medal collector trophy is. That's the only thing I'm concerned with when potentially going for the platinum. It seems like that'll be spent just standing in front of one of those medal machines for hours just hitting x and hoping I get the one I'm missing (I only have just over 100 right now lol).

Hikami

I'm really curious how difficult that medal collector trophy is. That's the only thing I'm concerned with when potentially going for the platinum. It seems like that'll be spent just standing in front of one of those medal machines for hours just hitting x and hoping I get the one I'm missing (I only have just over 100 right now lol).
What I've been doing is just using the machines like 5 times every time I go past one. Should lessen the grind at the end I hope.

Croc

Banned
What I've been doing is just using the machines like 5 times every time I go past one. Should lessen the grind at the end I hope.

Yeah, I've been doing the same thing. I've been kinda hoping in the back of my mind that there'd be something like in smash bros where you can give more money to have a higher chance at getting one you don't have...but at this point (ch 14) I really don't expect that anymore :(

Stuart444

Few questions about the game.

Is it beginner friendly? I have no knowledge of digimon but I am fond of monster collecting/battling games.

Is the vita version solid?

How long is the main story?

Interested in the game but wanted to check on a few things first.

1. Very, you don't need any knowledge to enjoy the game. (though obviously it can help if you know the Digimon but you don't need to know them and can just go with whatever you end up liking while you play the game

2. Yes

3. 30 - 40 hours though the more you grind and enjoy digivolving creatures, the more time you'll get out of it.

Hikami

5ad9e8403a.png

I feel bad for him. I had the same thing happen to me when I first tried an online battle. (got wrecked by some guy with a full team of megas)

Wish it actually tried to match you against people with similar party strength or something.

Ultimadrago

I feel bad for him. I had the same thing happen to me when I first tried an online battle. (got wrecked by some guy with a full team of megas)

Wish it actually tried to match you against people with similar party strength or something.

Lilithmon pls :(

Hikami

Oh yeah -_-.

Still, As long as I can get them done, the rest of the trophies will be easy.

Yeah, it seems pretty easy though. I've only gotten matched against 2 actual players so far (one from Canada and the other one in the picture you see above)

The other fights have been against several NPCs that have the same team every time. You can just choose to not accept the battle until you get matched up against an NPC.

Stuart444

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...ck-1/cid=EP0700-PCSB00861_00-DSDLCQUEST002101

For EU people , they put up the missing mission pack, I haven't installed any other dlc on my vita (the stuff that's missing on ps4, will most likely cause more issues). Cross save now works ^_^ . Hopefully they roll out the missing dlc.

How nice :(

While we who bought the day 1 edition are still waiting on the missing Digimon DLC to be fixed. ;_;

But I am happy the Additional Mission DLC is up now though for people who didn't buy the day 1 edition.

Kinsei

Banned
Chapter 13

"Elecmon digivolve to!"

"Numemon digivolve to!"

"I thought you digivolved if you yelled hard enough."

tumblr_m82zewXcAh1rn95k2o1_500.gif

Kouriozan

Just doing the 1000 yen item creation in farm with the setup for getting Tactician USB every 20 mins, I'm not resetting and still got 2 of those at the same time, sweeeeet.
https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...ck-1/cid=EP0700-PCSB00861_00-DSDLCQUEST002101

For EU people , they put up the missing mission pack, I haven't installed any other dlc on my vita (the stuff that's missing on ps4, will most likely cause more issues). Cross save now works ^_^ . Hopefully they roll out the missing dlc.
Neat, I have the digital version, picked this and finally, purple quests!

Have nothing to add but wanted to say how much I like this game. I picked it up not expecting much and it was about as expected until chapter 4 to 5 at which the story started picking up and really put its claws in me. Can't wait till I can play again.

How nice :(

While we who bought the day 1 edition are still waiting on the missing Digimon DLC to be fixed. ;_;

But I am happy the Additional Mission DLC is up now though for people who didn't buy the day 1 edition.
Not playing on my 3h commute on Monday sucked.
Just doing the 1000 yen item creation in farm with the setup for getting Tactician USB every 20 mins, I'm not resetting and still got 2 of those at the same time, sweeeeet.

Neat, I have the digital version, picked this and finally, purple quests!
Np. Now to wait for black agu+gabu
The costumed Agumon are weak /don't have any special moves right?

Not playing on my 3h commute on Monday sucked.

Np. Now to wait for black agu+gabu
The costumed Agumon are weak /don't have any special moves right?

They don't have a level cap, and I ended up using mine till about Chapter 11. Taichi Agumon didn't seem to do too bad at all, and they're a little stronger for the fact you can't digivolve them since you'd lose the costumes and such.

Koppai

Ugh I don't know squat about Digimon,

I have Greymon, Garurumon, Ikkakumon, and Patamon, but Patamon won't level past 15? How am I suppose to Digivolve it to the other forms?

Also their attacks are meh and don't really work on the Eaters or bosses much. <_>

Kinsei

Banned

I have Greymon, Garurumon, Ikkakumon, and Patamon, but Patamon won't level past 15? How am I suppose to Digivolve it to the other forms?

Devolve it and re-evolve it back to Patamon. Your level cap is determined by your ABI stat. This stat increases every time you evolve and devolve.

Zhao_Yun

Just redeemed my code on the German store and it doesn't seem to work still. The Digimon Pack is shown as PS3 and Vita only on my list :(

edit: and the Black Agumon/Gabumon DLC isn't even showing up on the list if it should be a seperate DLC...

To follow up on this. I reached Chapter 2 now and I got the DLC Digimon when I talked to the woman in Nakano Broadway after all, although there was no specific dlc in my download list.

Were they only missing in the Vita version?

Stuart444

Also their attacks are meh and don't really work on the Eaters or bosses much. <_>

De-Digivolve and Digivolve raises ABI which effects your max level.

Also use Digimon with fixed dmg attacks or Def piercing attacks to defeat eaters. Eaters have high def but low hp.

ie Stingmon, Okuwamon, IceDevimon, Devimon all have def piercing attacks while Gatomon has a fixed dmg attack.

They work best against Eaters.

To follow up on this. I reached Chapter 2 now and I got the DLC Digimon when I talked to the woman in Nakano Broadway after all, although there was no specific dlc in my download list.

Shouldn't be possible o_O the DLC is the Digi-monstrous DLC for Black Agu/Gabu.

And I'm at Chapter 11/12 and have not seen the DLC women at all.

o_O

So I've done the "story" part of chapter 4 and completed every mission on the board and nothing is happening. No new missions and the story simply isn't progressing. Any idea what to do?

EDIT: Never mind I'm just stupid

Croc

Banned
At Asakusa, are you ever able to actually go to the Temple Shopping District? On the map there's an arrow pointing there as if I should be able to visit, but there's just an invisible wall in that direction.

I never expected it to be well balanced but the online colosseum can be pretty awful.

Any combination of Speed + Character Reverse (bug) + Texture Blow (dot) + poison = game over. Even the best digimon will get slowly destroyed by status effects. I've been on both sides of it. Winning that way is really unsatisfying and losing that way is like slowly being eaten by an anaconda

I was wondering my why PlatinumSukamon hasn't learned Character Reversal yet and finally realized you can swap out skills. X_x

Also finally got my second PlatinumSukamon. Don't plan on getting a 3rd for awhile since my Paildramon can almost kill every Champion in his first turn.

Chase17

1. Very, you don't need any knowledge to enjoy the game. (though obviously it can help if you know the Digimon but you don't need to know them and can just go with whatever you end up liking while you play the game

2. Yes

3. 30 - 40 hours though the more you grind and enjoy digivolving creatures, the more time you'll get out of it.
Excellent. Sounds like I should be all set then. Thanks for the answers!

Zhao_Yun

Shouldn't be possible o_O the DLC is the Digi-monstrous DLC for Black Agu/Gabu.

And I'm at Chapter 11/12 and have not seen the DLC women at all.

o_O

Couldn't get Black Gabumon yet because I didn't have enough memory.
Just checked my Download List again and the Digi-monstrous DLC is not in it nor is it listed in the add-on tab on the PS4.

What the hell is wrong with that one shibuya's quest, just when I decided to do the quest before going to bed.
It's super creepy.

Stuart444

Couldn't get Black Gabumon yet because I didn't have enough memory.
Just checked my Download List again and the Digi-monstrous DLC is not in it nor is it listed in the add-on tab on the PS4.

That is REALLY odd then. My only DLC is the additional mission DLC that came with my day 1 code. I know what the lady looks like as well (since I've talked to her in the JP version) and she is defo not here.

Oh well...

Anyway, just got to Chapter 13 before stopping for tonight.

Yuuko is sooooooo cute <3 and so is Lopmon. <3 <3 <3 <3

johnsmith

remember me
So are farm stats the only way to raise a digimon's stats from the base stats?
Or do your digimon get stronger as they keep leveling up through different phases?

What I mean is if a digimon went from the lowest stage to the highest stage, by only hitting the minimum level requirements, would it end up with the same stats as one that you took the time to level up to 99 at each different stage? Or do the extra levels pay off?

grimmiq

So are farm stats the only way to raise a digimon's stats from the base stats?
Or do your digimon get stronger as they keep leveling up through different phases?

What I mean is if a digimon went from the lowest stage to the highest stage, by only hitting the minimum level requirements, would it end up with the same stats as one that you took the time to level up to 99 at each different stage? Or do the extra levels pay off?

I think they fully reset, so there shouldn't be a difference if you evolved at 30 compared to 99.

Ugh, I always choose the worse times to grind stats lol. I'm in chapter 5 with the
abduction quest. The city has been turned into the Labyrinth zone thing.
I can't go back to EDEN or do any side quests for now haha. So now I'm just trying to get my team back(Rapidmon, MagnaAngemon, MachGaogomon, Black Weregarurumon).

jtan

What's the opinion on when to digivolve?

I've been waiting until I reach my level cap, but it takes soo long. Is it just better to digivolve as soon as you meet the requirements?

Top Bottom