• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth |OT| The Prodigious Mon Returns (Courtesy of a Petition)

Yasss Memory Up DX. Up to 65 memory now.
I feel like it dishes out the upgrades at a pretty reasonable pace, but I'm also not hardcore grinding anymore. Just digivolving and dedigivolving whenever I feel like it.

silva1991

If you're having trouble with the Chapter 8 boss
Suedou near the entrance of the dungeon should sell some items to heal that particular status effect

I'm at chapter 15/16

no Suedou to be seen

the best strategy I can think of is to keep only one shitty digimon front line and then switch him with the others after being doted.

Bogeypop

I'm at chapter 15/16

no Suedou to be seen

the best strategy I can think of is to keep only one shitty digimon front line and then switch him with the others after being doted.

Are you at some part where you can't leave a dungeon or something?
The Akihabara Shop starts selling Dot Recoveries
by Chapter 6

Gotta say, Hard Mode in this game is pretty stupid. It doesn't change the game at all outside of Boss Battles, which all it does is make them maddeningly tedious. I think I'm just going to stick to Normal.

Xenoflare

The protag's outfit and Kyoko's scarf reminds me of JPs' colors in Devil Survivor 2

Maybe it's me drawing parallels again because of the character designer.

Edit: Wait, didn't some reviewer said there are missing voice clips in Chapter 5 when you visit Yuuko in Eden? Then it got debunked? But I didn't hear any voices in that scene he was talking about.

Had no idea what Digimon I was grinding Cam for but it ended up being Rapidmon. Pleasantly surprised. Need to start focusing on the story again as almost my entire team (besides 2 PlatinumSukamon's) are Ultimates now and I'm just on Chapter 8.

Lost to
Jimiken
because my Infermon was panicked and attacked my WarGrowlmon amd it just so happens that its ability kicked in and instant killed WarGrowlmon. Whoops.

Bruhhhh that Seven Great Demon Lords Team though. Funny thing is a good Seraphimon or a similar Vaccine/Holy Digi could probably do some damage to that team.
ery9Oul.jpg

RexNovis

Banned
Whats the best way to get some Tactician USBs? Id like to get enough to use with both of my PlatinumNumemon so 6 of them. Is there somewhere you can buy them? Do certain enemies have a chance to drop them?

Wazzy

Banned
Just when I thought I could get my metalGarurumon I realize I haven't properly trained the DEF stat so now it's stuck at 90 lol
Whats the best way to get some Tactician USBs? Id like to get enough to use with both of my PlatinumNumemon so 6 of them. Is there somewhere you can buy them? Do certain enemies have a chance to drop them?
Someone earlier helped me out and I got 10 in about an hour and half.

You need to put 10 builder digimon in farm, some Developer Know How's(I had 4 but depending where you are and your farm level you might be able to have more) and with that you select develop 1000 yen and it will take 20 minutes. In the last minute save and then keep resetting if the USB doesn't drop.

Know How's are bought in the digi lab and builder type items are at Eden entrance.

dangeraaron10

Unconfirmed Member
Posted in a different thread earlier that I had mistaken for this one:

You know what?

I don't care if this game is only subbed and not dubbed. I need a good Digimon game in my life. I'm getting real sick and tired of Pokemon lately. And Nintendo in general. Thinking about selling my 3DS and just holding out for the NX when it releases in a while, hopefully Monster Hunter X will have an Ultimate port and Monster Hunter Stories come to the West on the NX platform.

I'm still not sure if I want a vita or PS4. There's not much the PS4 has that I want right now, and I can at least get say...LittleBigPlanet on the Vita as well. Although PS4 has LittleBigPlanet3 and will eventually have FFVII remake on the way.

Hmm...

Stuart444

PlatinumNumemon drops them near the end of the game. Besides that, farm and put some developer know-hows into the farm and make the leader a digimon with the builder personality and then have them develop items. Make sure you have 10 Digimon to cut down the time (I had about 9 and it took about 30 - 35 minutes per develop I believe compared with 1 - 2 hours with less Digimon in the farm)

You need to put 10 builder digimon in farm, some Developer Know How's(I had 4 but depending where you are and your farm level you might be able to have more) and with that you select develop 1000 yen and it will take 20 minutes. In the last minute save and then keep resetting if the USB doesn't drop.

Know How's are bought in the digi lab and builder type items are at Eden entrance.

I don't believe builder effects it if they aren't the leader. Just like with the STAT personalities, only the leader should affect it.

Wazzy

Banned
PlatinumNumemon drops them near the end of the game. Besides that, farm and put some developer know-hows into the farm and make the leader a digimon with the builder personality.

I don't believe builder effects it if they aren't the leader. Just like with the STAT personalities, only the leader should affect it.
I thought the more builders the shorter the develop time? I'm pretty sure having 10 is what brings it down to 20 minutes but I could be mistaken.

Stuart444

I thought the more builders the shorter the develop time? I'm pretty sure having 10 is what brings it down to 20 minutes but I could be mistaken.

Yeah, ANY 10 Digimon brings it down.

Like I edited above, I had 9 Digimon and it took about 35 minutes to finish compared with 1 - 2 Digimon and 1 and a half hours or so to finish.

Only the leader was a builder.

Wazzy

Banned
Yeah, ANY 10 Digimon brings it down.

Like I edited above, I had 9 Digimon and it took about 35 minutes to finish compared with 1 - 2 Digimon and 1 and a half hours or so to finish.

Only the leader was a builder.
Oh. Huh.

So only builder leader mattered? Well then I guess buying those builder changers was a waste lol

Still, having 10 USB's already I can't complain too much.

Stuart444

Oh. Huh.

So only builder leader mattered? Well then I guess buying those builder changers was a waste lol

Still, having 10 USB's already I can't complain too much.

Yeah, I'm fairly sure people just started saying this because they thought it was helping, like a placebo effect or something.

But I don't believe it does anything outside of the leader, it's all RNG anyway.

I had 2 Dev-Know hows and one builder and ended up getting 2 tact USBs in about an hour. Some have gone far longer than that and didn't get any even with lots of builders and dev know hows.

RNG :)

im pretty sure 10 builders make it faster but not that much faster

i have 10 builders and it takes 20 mins to make an item on 1000 yen

Again, it's more about the number of Digimon, only one was a builder for me out of 9 Digimon and it took 35 minutes to finish. Reason I didn't have 10 Digimon was because of some changes I had made prior and I couldn't be bothered moving one from Farm 2 to Farm 1 lol.

Wazzy

Banned
Yeah, I'm fairly sure people just started saying this because they thought it was helping, like a placebo effect or something.

But I don't believe it does anything outside of the leader, it's all RNG anyway.

I had 2 Dev-Know hows and one builder and ended up getting 2 tact USBs in about an hour. Some have gone far longer than that and didn't get any even with lots of builders and dev know hows.

RNG :)

Again, it's more about the number of Digimon, only one was a builder for me out of 9 Digimon and it took 35 minutes to finish. Reason I didn't have 10 Digimon was because of some changes I had made prior and I couldn't be bothered moving one from Farm 2 to Farm 1 lol.
Oh I didn't think builder type increased the chance of the USB dropping. I just thought it shortened development wait time the more builders you had. :p

Also earlier you posted a chapter with a cup you could lose at for good exp, which chapter was it? Just want to make sure so I can get rdy to grind on it.

Stuart444

Oh I didn't think builder type increased the chance of the USB dropping. I just thought it shortened development wait time the more builders you had. :p

Also earlier you posted a chapter with a cup you could lose at for good exp, which chapter was it? Just want to make sure so I can get rdy to grind on it.

Some people do from what I've been reading. :p (edit: okay, I tested it out from curiosity with one other builder, it makes it marginally shorter, not enough that I'd make all 10 Digimon builders though. Seems like a waste to do that personally but whatever works for people I guess)

Don't know the Chapter but it's the Gold Cup, you can also lose at the Platinum Cup (this one is in Chapter 11).

Both give good XP and if you have PlatinumSukamon, you can take advantage of Character Reversal in Platinum Cup making many (not all but many) of the Digimon weak to your poop :p. (the final boss in the Platinum Cup is a neutral type and rather tough so you may not even have to try and lose lol)

The amount of exp PlatSukamon and the 6 Tactician USBs give is fucking ridiculous. My entire main team is 100 ABI and 4 megas in Chapter 8. Got all my favorites.

I'm not done yet though. Still need Omninom, but I'm hesitating because I love WarGreymon :p

Just to add - I had 10 Builders as well and got all 6 of my Tactician USBs in about an hour time.

yami4ct

For those looking for Tactician USBs, a small anecdote.

Prior to putting 10 builders in, I probably went 20-30 runs without seeing any. Switched to all builders instead of just the leader and got 6 well within that time.

Anecdote is an anecdote, but it seems to have worked for me.

Stuart444

The amount of exp PlatSukamon and the 6 Tactician USBs give is fucking ridiculous. My entire main team is 100 ABI and 4 megas in Chapter 8. Got all my favorites.

I'm not done yet though. Still need Omninom, but I'm hesitating because I love WarGreymon :p

It makes the grind painless though :) once you have the right set up, you can get any Digimon you want very quickly. The only waiting time is farm time for bonus stats :p (unless you have a lot of stat increasing food you can give them anyway)

Okay, finally back in the real world. Now to focus on getting Diaboromon, Ophanimon, Black Metalgarurumon, Seraphimon, and Black Wargreymon. I'm still on chapter 6, after beating
the giant Wisemon and Eater in Akihabar
. Well, maybe I should do Haragurumon's quest now.

Stuart444

Actually you know what I find weird? Why is it that Tact USB, the most useful one of them all is in the 1000 yen option instead of the 10,000 yen option.

Seems weird considering how useful it is. If you are persistent, you can get them at the beginning (instead of near the end like I did in my JP playthrough when I got them as drops) and make things even easier than they already are.

Rather weird way to do things. But oh well...

Wazzy

Banned
Some people do from what I've been reading. :p (edit: okay, I tested it out from curiosity with one other builder, it makes it marginally shorter, not enough that I'd make all 10 Digimon builders though. Seems like a waste to do that personally but whatever works for people I guess)

Don't know the Chapter but it's the Gold Cup, you can also lose at the Platinum Cup (this one is in Chapter 11).

Both give good XP and if you have PlatinumSukamon, you can take advantage of Character Reversal in Platinum Cup making many (not all but many) of the Digimon weak to your poop :p. (the final boss in the Platinum Cup is a neutral type and rather tough so you may not even have to try and lose lol)
Ah okay in the colosseum, right? Doing it right now with PlatSuka's since I've never done it before. Currently on Silver Cup.

Stuart444

Ah okay in the colosseum, right? Doing it right now with PlatSuka's since I've never done it before. Currently on Silver Cup.

Yeah. I technically did them all with 2 Plats and Okuwamon since my other Plat was an Etemon (preparing to turn it into PlatNumemon).

Just make sure you know the symbols for Virus/Vaccine/Data.

If it's Virus? Easy, (though no bonus dmg unless they hate poop like most of the metal looking Digimon where you'll then get 1.5x dmg) if it's Data? Even Easier. If it's Vaccine? CHARACTER REVERSAL!

Rare Metal Poop them to death. If it takes too long, feel free to switch one of them out for a better Digimon. Lower EXP though but some battles can take long (Flamedramon in Gold Cup is an example - you'll know if you're on the last boss of the cup because the music changes)

Platinum Cup on Chapter 11, if you're tough enough to do all but the last fight, you'll get TONS of EXP there.

I beat it because I don't care too much but it's good for people looking to grind.

RexNovis

Banned
Just when I thought I could get my metalGarurumon I realize I haven't properly trained the DEF stat so now it's stuck at 90 lol

PlatinumNumemon drops them near the end of the game. Besides that, farm and put some developer know-hows into the farm and make the leader a digimon with the builder personality and then have them develop items. Make sure you have 10 Digimon to cut down the time (I had about 9 and it took about 30 - 35 minutes per develop I believe compared with 1 - 2 hours with less Digimon in the farm)

Thanks to both of you. Gonna give this a try as soon as I get home.

I have set up two farm islands with Builder leaders and played around with the Digimon configuration until I got both to complete developing at the same time, that way you can get two drops per reset when going for Tactician USBs.

It still took about an hour and 20 minutes to get a first pair though, luck was not on my side.

My grind set-up now has two Plats and two USBs and the 3 mon fights in the Digital Line(I think that was the name) dungeon thingy available from Mirei's place are already cashing out 11k exp. Combining this with a party member that can one turn kill the mobs and Function Cal Lvl 2 leveling is already fairly fast.

Top Bottom