• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth |OT| The Prodigious Mon Returns (Courtesy of a Petition)

Bruhhhh that Seven Great Demon Lords Team though. Funny thing is a good Seraphimon or a similar Vaccine/Holy Digi could probably do some damage to that team.
ery9Oul.jpg
how are Belphemon RM and Daemon? Lucemon SM's signature move was a bit of a disappointment damage wise IMO

Huh, good thing I kept BlackGatomon. Just killed the Eater at the beginning of Chapter 9. She almost one shot it. For some reason I can't even remember where I got my BlackGatomon from but it's my highest level Champion by far atm (at level 70 and caps at around 75). Not sure if I really want to digivolve her or not just because of Eaters.

IbukiLordSA

Some people do from what I've been reading. :p (edit: okay, I tested it out from curiosity with one other builder, it makes it marginally shorter, not enough that I'd make all 10 Digimon builders though. Seems like a waste to do that personally but whatever works for people I guess)

All 10 as builders will make it 20 minutes.

If you just have a builder leader and 9 other randoms it will take 30 minutes. So having 10 builders saves you 10 minutes, add up all those 10 minutes over your play through and it is quite a significant saving.

how are Belphemon RM and Daemon? Lucemon SM's signature move was a bit of a disappointment damage wise IMO

Belphemon(both forms) is actually really solid and worth it. His SS is Furious Howl: 30% chance of instantly killing target when attacking if lower then Ultimate. SM form has a 30% chance to put the target to sleep Daemon on the other hand is average unless his hp is underneath 25% and I don't let my digimon really get that low.

Is SM way more powerful than FM at lv99 or is FM99 good enough?

I feel like FM is alot stronger then SM mode but thats due to thinking Pride and Dead or Alive are better skills then Divine Attonement and Gehenna. Plus FM has the benefit of being neutral so you won't have to worry about holy types atleast.

Xenoflare

Wait.... Am I screwing myself over for not putting my active mons into the farm, just realized the few that are in my part have +0s in the brackets

Nightbird

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth is the Pokemon game I've been asking for since 2012.

It's just as accessible for newcomers as XY/ORAS, but doesn't ignore the older fans as it offers are very nice story/singleplayer mode.

Sure, its far from perfect, but it does right what it needs to do right to be enjoyable.

yami4ct

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth is the Pokemon game I've been asking for since 2012.

It's just as accessible for newcomers as XY/ORAS, but doesn't ignore the older fans as it offers are very nice story/singleplayer mode.

Sure, its far from perfect, but it does right what it needs to do right to be enjoyable.

I would argue that CS is very poor in terms of accessibility. The tutorializing is frankly awful and I wouldn't know what half the stats are or how to raise them without the internet's help. Stuff like how the farm works, how bonus stats work and how to raise Abi are incredibly poorly explained in game.

Eh I wouldn't call it that accessible for newcomers but I blame that on the localization more than anything. Even if the localization was better though there's a lot of things that aren't explained at all.

Reszo

omfg the sidequest where you fight
Craniamon and Kentaurosmon
Kentaurosmon takes like 8 turns lol

silva1991

Belphemon(both forms) is actually really solid and worth it. His SS is Furious Howl: 30% chance of instantly killing target when attacking if lower then Ultimate. SM form has a 30% chance to put the target to sleep Daemon on the other hand is average unless his hp is underneath 25% and I don't let my digimon really get that low.

I feel like FM is alot stronger then SM mode but thats due to thinking Pride and Dead or Alive are better skills then Divine Attonement and Gehenna. Plus FM has the benefit of being neutral so you won't have to worry about holy types atleast.

I did get SM after all, because I had way too many humanoid mega digimons

I also got Magnadramon because I didn't want the humanoid Ophanimon

problem is both SM and Magndramon use group holy spell lol

is there any mega digimon that uses grass single or group special attack?

Eh I wouldn't call it that accessible for newcomers but I blame that on the localization more than anything. Even if the localization was better though there's a lot of things that aren't explained at all.

On the other hand, you probably don't need a full grip on all the mechanics for a casual normal mode run. This is true for a lot of games.

But more accessibility is always a good thing.

I did get SM after all, because I had way too many humanoid mega digimons

I also got Magnadramon because I didn't want the humanoid Ophanimon

problem is both SM and Magndramon use group holy spell lol

is there any mega digimon that uses grass single or group special attack?

Rosemon has
Thorn Whip ソーンウィップ Physical attack, 120 Plant damage to one foe, absorbs 50% into HP. 15% chance to inflict Paralyze.
w/ SS
Poison Thorn 猛毒のトゲ When attacking, 10% chance to inflict Poison status effect.

I believe Puppetmon gets a couple of them also.

silva1991

^

Rosemon get then!!

but I'll get her days later

today I will be focusing on getting non humanoid mega digimons.

I have Puppetmon and I'm pretty sure his special attack does earth damage.

I see, thanks. And I agree on Lucemon. FM was more versatile, SM is disheartening
omfg the sidequest where you fight
Craniamon and Kentaurosmon
Kentaurosmon takes like 8 turns lol
that was one of the toughest fights in the game imo. You need to take
Kentaurosmon
out fast

grimmiq

Just wrecked E
xamon
in 2 turns. 2.5k per hit from Lilithmon made the fight a joke.

Picked up a few usb exp items so starting on filling out the field guide, lvls 1-30 in a single fight makes it pretty damn quick.

RexNovis

Banned
Ok I've been doing the reset thing with the 1000 yen builders (4 building improvement thingies in the island +builder leader) and after 30 mins of resetting I haven't received a single tactician USB. Wtf?

Is there a faster way of exiting to the menu in game than shutting down and rebooting the entire game. I looked and didn't find any.

Ok I've been doing the reset thing with the 1000 yen builders (4 building improvement thingies in the island +builder leader) and after 30 mins of resetting I haven't received a single tactician USB. Wtf?

Is there a faster way of exiting to the menu in game than shutting down and rebooting the entire game. I looked and didn't find any.

I'm afraid not. I do it by just holding PS button until the close software option appears and then from there mashing A until I'm back in game. Depending on how close to the drop you saved a single reset shouldn't take that long. I would recommend finding something else to keep yourself entertained with on the side though. It took over an hour for my first drop.

RexNovis

Banned
I'm afraid not. I do it by just holding PS button until the close software option appears and then from there mashing A until I'm back in game. Depending on how close to the drop you saved a single reset shouldn't take that long. I would recommend finding something else to keep yourself entertained with on the side though. It took over an hour for my first drop.

I'm now at 42 mins without a single Tactician USB drop... Is this normal?

silva1991

latest

pretty cool looking, but he was weak to me :/

I just picked up six Tactician USBs and the EXP gain is ridiculous.

that reminds me I need to finally get another 2 of them cause I'm going to kowloon for the first time and I heard it's the best place to grind.

I recommend trying to stack the drops of two farm islands if you can(have them both complete at the same time), mine came fairly quickly after setting that up. But I was SRing for 30-45 minutes without drops on a single drop before that. It's supposedly 1-5 %, which is definitely not in your favor.

Bruh.

IIRC, it's like a 1~5% chance to get one, so getting to one hour of grinding is not surprising.

RexNovis

Banned
I recommend trying to stack the drops of two farm islands if you can(have them both complete at the same time), mine came fairly quickly after setting that up. But I was SRing for 30-45 minutes without drops on a single drop before that. It's supposedly 1-5 %, which is definitely not in your favor.

Bruh.

IIRC, it's like a 1~5% chance to get one, so getting to one hour of grinding is not surprising.

.... Ugggh I didn't realize it would take this long. How do people have the Patrice to do this 6 times?!?!? That's fucking crazy

Wazzy

Banned
Yessss! Finally got MetalGarurumon which also happens to be my first Mega.

Current team is MetalGarurumon, MachGaogamon and AeroVeedramon.

Breads

Banned

Are you using 2 Developer Know Hows? Everyone who uses at least two had good returns with them along with 10 builders using the 1000 yen option.

I found 10 intentionally with average 10 minutes per attempt and 6 casually using that setup. No faster way of resetting as far as I know though.

.... Ugggh I didn't realize it would take this long. How do people have the Patrice to do this 6 times?!?!? That's fucking crazy

Doing it on the vita helped me.

Sandfox

It took me like 90 minutes including development time, but I had five of the tools and nine builders to speed things up.

On the other hand, you probably don't need a full grip on all the mechanics for a casual normal mode run. This is true for a lot of games.

But more accessibility is always a good thing.

Eh if you don't know about PlatinumSukamon and how types work some of the boss difficulty spikes could cause a lot of frustration and grinding for casuals.

alexein

So , the eu dlc problem is still there.
i just used my code and all i get for ps4 is head start and theme, really bummed, i will wait to start the game if a solution is near.

Hi everyone, I wrote an extensive, in-depth review on the game:

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth
+ Digimonz
- Terriermon doesn't say Moumantai even once...
- Renamon has a male voice actor...
- ...Completely brokenz immersionz

0/10

RexNovis

Banned
I just got my first set of two tacticians USBs after over 2 hours of resetting. I've got two farm islands with 4 developer know how's on each and 4 builders on each. I've gotta be the unluckiest SOB ever.

I just got my first set of two tacticians USBs after over 2 hours of resetting. I've got two farm islands with 4 developer know how's on each and 4 builders on each. I've gotta be the unluckiest SOB ever.
I got two pairs in just an hour. I had one farm with 10 bulders in them and 3 developer know hows.

I'm probably veeeery lucky.

That's all the day 1 DLC there is.

we were supposed to get this

Agumon “Taichi Yagami” Costume
Agumon “Hero” Costume
Useful Item Set: Hunter USB, Full Revive x2 (can revive all fainted Digimon 100% HP), Brave Point C x3 (Giving one Digimon +10,000 EXP)
BlackAgumon and BlackGabumon
Cherubimon (Vice) and Beelzebumon (Blast Mode)

so far PS4 only got the items

Saphirax

Agumon “Hero” Costume
Useful Item Set: Hunter USB, Full Revive x2 (can revive all fainted Digimon 100% HP), Brave Point C x3 (Giving one Digimon +10,000 EXP)

As far as I know they bundled the digimon and items. It should be included in the headstart DLC. At least that's how it was for the digital ver and the vita version. So they messed it up again?

SeppOCE

Anyone else taking this game at a slow pace and actually enjoying it? Usually I burn through RPG's pretty quickly but I only just hit chapter 4 and I'm 8 hours in. I'm really enjoying this game I hope the next Digimon Story gets localised.

Recall

Agumon “Hero” Costume

I got everything listed except the last two items, Vice/Blast mode with digital EU PS4

As far as I know they bundled the digimon and items. It should be included in the headstart DLC. At least that's how it was for the digital ver and the vita version. So they messed it up again?

I haven't actually had time to check myself but I thought everyone was saying there was missing DLC? Now I'm confused

Saphirax

I haven't actually had time to check myself but I thought everyone was saying there was missing DLC? Now I'm confused

The purple quests? If that's the case they were never meant to be included with the day one DLC. Review copies of the game had them. That's what got people confused.

Top Bottom