• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth |OT| The Prodigious Mon Returns (Courtesy of a Petition)

Nightbird

Lol @ using Bakemon for the eaters.

Someone in the translation department missed that they weren't talking about the Digimon Bakemon but rather "Monster", since Bakemono can either mean Ghost or Monster in Japanese.

Geez, I know that the translation is subpar, but when I, someone with only a single semester of experience in Japanese language know that better than the actual translators, I start to worry for what's coming up in the game >.>

T.O.P

Banned
Had to gif it. Corona Destroyer
2C83Ogz.gif

sogood.gif

How is Lucemon SM? Compared to Beelzemon and Lilithmon. worth pursuing?

Any idea how to get Belphemon rage mode?

Also, If i sub out Platinumsukamon during battle, would I still get the double exp??

Reszo

How do i get that digimon? I got the pre order bonuses if that's required

Multiple ways to get to him I went through stingmon but most popular way is:

Koromon -> Agumon -> Meramon -> Skullmeramon -> Beelzemon -> Beelzemon BM

The preorder bonus unlocks the ability to digivolve to him.

Yasumi

Banned
Lol @ using Bakemon for the eaters.

Someone in the translation department missed that they weren't talking about the Digimon Bakemon but rather "Monster", since Bakemono can either mean Ghost or Monster in Japanese.

Geez, I know that the translation is subpar, but when I, someone with only a single semester of experience in Japanese language know that better than the actual translators, I start to worry for what's coming up in the game >.>
He does actually say Bakemon in the original Japanese script too, バケモ ン.
wFiiibA.jpg

It's a weird situation, since he's obviously making a reference to the Digimon because lolhacker lingo or something, while also calling the Eater a monster.

wFiiibA.jpg

It's a weird situation, since he's obviously making a reference to the Digimon because lolhacker lingo or something, while also calling the Eater a monster.

So it's wordplay that didn't translate properly. Huh.

How is Lucemon SM? Compared to Beelzemon and Lilithmon. worth pursuing?

Any idea how to get Belphemon rage mode?

Also, If i sub out Platinumsukamon during battle, would I still get the double exp??

Lucemon is very grindy to acquire, especially when Beelzemon Blast Mode does so much damage and is relatively easier to get.

You won't get double exp if Platsuka gets switched out. They have to remain on the battle line-up;

Nightbird

wFiiibA.jpg

Actually there is a を (wo) behind バケモン wich would make it Bakemono again.*

*For those who don't know, even though を means "wo", it's read as "o" most of the time with the "w" being silent. That's due を being used as a particle instead of the regular o (お). (that's as far as my knowledge concerning this goes, but I myself am not 100% sure as it has been a year since I stopped learning Japanese, so I could have mixed up some stuff >.>)

But, I agree with your theory why it was used, I mean, it's not like Eater wasn't a term used by the characters at that point.

Andrefpvs

Guys, can anyone:

- With the European physical PS4 copy;
- And redeemed the DLC code in the last 24 hours

Tell me what they got exactly from the code? I'm really confused as to what I'm supposed to be getting from that code :s

Does this mean it did good!? Hope so.

It tied with Digimon World (PSone) for the highest debut ever for a Digimon game in terms of chart position. But we don't know the actual sales for either. So World may be higher or Cyber Sleuth could be higher. Either way it seems to be doing well. And we don't even know how it's done in Germany or France yet, and both of those countries tend to eat up Japanese games.

Stuart444

wFiiibA.jpg

Thanks for posting that, I didn't want to have to go through the JP game again just to find that.

He did quite obviously say Bakemon but I couldn't be 100% sure cause I don't trust my listening skills much lol.

*For those who don't know, even though を means "wo", it's read as "o" most of the time with the "w" being silent. That's due を being used as a particle instead of the regular o (お). (that's as far as my knowledge concerning this goes, but I myself am not 100% sure as it has been a year since I stopped learning Japanese, so I could have mixed up some stuff >.>)

The を is kinda hard to hear tbf and I'm 120% confident the translators and editors didn't even get to see the game as they were translating it which causes a lot of the misgendered issues (ie main female character, 'mister administrator' in that one quest, etc) so they probably wouldn't have second guessed themselves when translating it and just assumed it was the object particle, を. (rather than a word play using バケモン and を)

In other news: I am now working on getting Mastemon. I also have 3 PlatinumNumemon after a lot of working on it.

My team now (with 145 memory) is RizeGreymon (would have Shine but not enough memory), LadyDevimon, Angewomon, PlatinumNumemon x 3, MirageGaogamon, GranKuwagamon and MegaGargomon.

Just finished Chapter 15.

Speaking of
Rina is so cute and hyper. <3 her.

TheFlow

Banned
Wow I am one lucky bastard l. Read about the tatician usb so decided to try it and after one hour I got 2!! These things are legit

Then with only one builder on my second farm on the first try I got 2 more o_O. I am set for the rest of the game lol

Stuart444

Wow I am one lucky bastard l. Read about the tatician usb so decided to try it and after one hour I got 2!! These things are legit

Then with only one builder on my second farm on the first try I got 2 more o_O. I am set for the rest of the game lol

You pretty much hard, get 3 PlatinumSukamon and make sure between them all they have them equipped and you're set.

Then just use Character Reversal on any Vaccine Type Digimon and most of them will be bugged by it and be taken down easily with your shits.

And if you think you need to use something else, just make sure you switch the USBs to whoever you're using before any given battle.

PROFIT (in the form of exp).

The EXP is delicious, I got over 150 - 160k exp from the final boss of Chapter 15, so good <3. (3 PlatNumemon, 4 Tact USBs)

Yay my copy finally arrived.

Need at least a few more days to wrap up Dark Souls 2 but I'm eager to start this up after all the glowing impressions!

sensui-tomo

i've had terrible luck trying to get that damn exp item... otoh i have lilithmon now... so something good at the least ( i have 3 plat numemons though)

Yasumi

Banned
Actually there is a &#12434; (wo) behind &#12496;&#12465;&#12514;&#12531; wich would make it Bakemono again.*

*For those who don't know, even though &#12434; means "wo", it's read as "o" most of the time with the "w" being silent. That's due &#12434; being used as a particle instead of the regular o (&#12362;). (that's as far as my knowledge concerning this goes, but I myself am not 100% sure as it has been a year since I stopped learning Japanese, so I could have mixed up some stuff >.>)

But, I agree with your theory why it was used, I mean, it's not like Eater wasn't a term used by the characters at that point.
Is that also the case with &#12364;? :p
dPQd8LZ.jpg

So weird to see this after years of waiting. A good weird.

He does actually say Bakemon in the original Japanese script too, &#12496;&#12465;&#12514; &#12531;.
wFiiibA.jpg

I remember being confused when he used "Bakemon" myself. If the translation was done out-of-context, I imagine it would be hard to see it as lingo.

So here is pictures of my team when I started to my current team who I'll stick with probably for the rest of the game(with Flamedramon replacing Beelzemon once I can get him) and my reserves will be filled with some other completed digimon once I have enough space.

My first proper team:

Current Team:

Why would you switch Beelzemon for Flamedramon? Beelzebub Blast Mode is amazing, and flamedramon is kind of mediocre IMO

I wold guess that it sold at leats a little better than the 50k they localized it for.
Lots of people coming back to the series or just looking for a good RPG and jumping in for the first time are picking it up.

I really hope it did well for them.
Pretty sure it blew the feeble sales expectations they had right out of the water, physical copies quickly sold out in only a few days in several countries (and in some even pre-order copies one or two days before release), the game has lots of mouth to mouth propaganda going for it on most of the dedicated gaming communities on the web (that this OT still manages to outpost the frickin' XCOM 2 OT should tell you all you need to know) and managed to get 7th place in the weekly UK sales chart at least, prolly the same in other countries too.

That is despite the game more or less being sent out to die by Bamco (at least the higher ups), considering the lack of press copies, marketing and the fact that even one day before release the UK branches' twitter didn't report a single thing about the game (instead spamming even the most mundane details on the Naruto UNS 4, releasing on the same day, every twenty minutes - talk about intentionally cannibalizing sales of one of your products). If the game didn't do well then they wouldn't even have bothered making a thank you video in the first place.

I think the only thing I'm really sad about is that the Digimon in your party don't interact with you like the Digimon from the TV show. I'll never be one of the digidestined. ;_____;

I also understand the complexities of making that shit happen for so many Digimon.

Stuart444

Well Digimon was pretty much considered dead in the west. They probably thought "Well, this petition has a lot of people but out of them, probably only half of them if that will buy the game. The game probably won't sell much so we should try and keep costs down and just hopefully recoup our losses overtime"

*game goes on sale*

"WTF? Where did all these Digimon fans come from?"

I mean hell, almost every Cyber Sleuth thread apart from the most recent one (before this OT happened) was pretty much dead after 1 or 2 pages. I even mentioned that fact in the Community thread and most of us were just hoping that despite that the game would do well.

Which it appears to have done and I'm pretty surprised in the best way. Though we don't have any sales data, it does appear to have outdone whatever their sales expectations were.

Hopefully this leads to the series not being Dead anymore.

That said, word of mouth is still our best weapon to make sure Digimon has legs.

Digimon revival is starting, with Tri 2 next month, more people may end up buying this next month as to have a Digimon game to play because they are in a Digimon mood :D.

tl;dr: yay Digimon!

I didn't know I needed 100 ABI for Blast Mode Beelzmon. I'm at 95 and it took me forever to get skullmeremon's stats right to even get Beelzmon himself. Any tips?

TheFlow

Banned
You pretty much hard, get 3 PlatinumSukamon and make sure between them all they have them equipped and you're set.

Then just use Character Reversal on any Vaccine Type Digimon and most of them will be bugged by it and be taken down easily with your shits.

And if you think you need to use something else, just make sure you switch the USBs to whoever you're using before any given battle.

PROFIT (in the form of exp).

The EXP is delicious, I got over 150 - 160k exp from the final boss of Chapter 15, so good <3. (3 PlatNumemon, 4 Tact USBs)
Damn I never thought about stacking them on one digimon. Guess I need 2 more to make it a solid 6

Croc

Banned
it's so exciting to hear that this game (supposedly) did well. Next Order looks really awesome too and the fact that it has even more Digimon than this game has me excited, so I'm really hoping they decide to bring it over too.

I remember thinking how many Digimon 240 was to be in a single game but as I'm playing through I'm noticing so many digimon that aren't in this! Makes me look forward to see what ones are added.

Stuart444

it's so exciting to hear that this game (supposedly) did well. Next Order looks really awesome too and the fact that it has even more Digimon than this game has me excited, so I'm really hoping they decide to bring it over too.

I remember thinking how many Digimon 240 was to be in a single game but as I'm playing through I'm noticing so many digimon that aren't in this! Makes me look forward to see what ones are added.

Well we don't actually know how many are in Next Order outside of over 200 (unless there has been an update since then) but there is some Digimon in there that weren't in Cyber Sleuth (Shoutmon and Dukemon/Gallantmon: Crimson Mode)

I haven't played the PS1 Digimon games, but is Next Order supposed to be an action RPG or something? I heard people call it that even though it looks like turn-based combat with free movement.

Stuart444

I haven't played the PS1 Digimon games, but is Next Order supposed to be an action RPG or something? I heard people call it that even though it looks like turn-based combat with free movement.

V-Pet Simulation JRPG. Turn based, not action based. It's like FFXII I think someone compared it to, where you select something (like "Auto" for do whatever) and it does it to an invisible timer. So while it may look action based to some, it's actually turn based.

It's also playing on the nostalgia of Digimon World 1 on PS1 which was pretty much that ^.

Digimon World 1 Playthrough part 1

Googled this, it is the start of the first DW game on PS1 and has at least one battle in it, it should show you what I mean.

Croc

Banned
Well we don't actually know how many are in Next Order outside of over 200 (unless there has been an update since then) but there is some Digimon in there that weren't in Cyber Sleuth (Shoutmon and Dukemon/Gallantmon: Crimson Mode)

Honestly even just a few more are fine for me. I really hope that the games could be used to further explore other Digimon like Gumdramon, maybe giving him a full evolution line or something.

Yeah all I know is it's not like Cyber Sleuth, which is totally fine by me. I never played the PS1 ones either so I'm up for whatever Digimon comes this way.

Top Bottom