• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth |OT| The Prodigious Mon Returns (Courtesy of a Petition)

dangeraaron10

Unconfirmed Member
Thinking about getting a Vita instead of a PS4. As someone who normally has a PC and a N3DS, I recently sold N3DS when I played all the games I wanted to on it to death, and now I plan on picking up a Vita along with Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth (and also maybe LittleBigPlanet or something to have more than one game on it). All the other games on PS4 I like I can get on PC anyways.

So I thought someone said that the Vita version is download only? And I think I heard somewhere that it comes with the DLC like Black Agumon and Gabumon?

Thinking about getting a Vita instead of a PS4. As someone who normally has a PC and a N3DS, I recently sold N3DS when I played all the games I wanted to on it to death, and now I plan on picking up a Vita along with Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth (and also maybe LittleBigPlanet or something to have more than one game on it). All the other games on PS4 I like I can get on PC anyways.

So I thought someone said that the Vita version is download only? And I think I heard somewhere that it comes with the DLC like Black Agumon and Gabumon?

Vita in NA is digital only, yes. And there is free DLC that gives you both those Digimon (and the ability to get the lines associated with them), as well as 3 special Agumon in clothes and a couple digivolutions of Digimon already in the game.

Hikami

This game has definitely got me to go back and rewatch the Digimon anime before I head to bed at nights, Crunchyroll has most of it besides Savers.
Lol I've been doing the same. Watching it in Japanese this time around though.

Croc

Banned
Is Omnimon Zwart any significant amount better than BlackWarGreymon? Cause BlackWarGreymon's special moves kick super ass and I'm afraid of losing them.

Is Omnimon Zwart any significant amount better than BlackWarGreymon? Cause BlackWarGreymon's special moves kick super ass and I'm afraid of losing them.

I turned mine into Zwart a little earlier and while he definitely looks cool, I think I preferred BlackWarGreymon in battle (I prefer both his specials and his support skill.)

Stuart444

So I just got Chrome Digizoid (which I hear you can sell for nice money). Should I soft reset again for USBs or sell it?

Up to you, it sells for 50k yen.

Do you want the money and can wait for the farm to develop again for the USBs or do you want the USBs badly without waiting for the farm to develop again (aka reset)?

Do what you feel you have to basically :p

Stuart444

Oh for real? Well thats super useful. Thank you!

Yeah but it isn't relearning, it's like a box of skills and you can only equip so many at one time.

You can actually lose the skills in the box though, if your digimon learns too many skills, (I think it's 20 max in the box) then you have to delete one and can't relearn it.

I usually delete the weaker skills that say "I" if I have a "II" or "III" version of that skill.

Syntsui

If I deevolve Paildramon, for example, will I get Exveemom and Stingmom both back?

Also, will Paildramom have both their skills?

Stuart444

If I deevolve Paildramon, for example, will I get Exveemom and Stingmom both back?

Also, will Paildramom have both their skills?

No

And pretty sure yes (though I haven't yet DNA'd any of them so can't confirm for sure), I think it's usually the DNA Digivolutions that end up with too many skills in the box and you have to delete some.

My Tokomon's INT is still so awful. Good thing is the ABI is max.

Any paths to perma raise the INT?

Just bonus stats via the DigiFarm.

Syntsui

No

And pretty sure yes (though I haven't yet DNA'd any of them so can't confirm for sure), I think it's usually the DNA Digivolutions that end up with too many skills in the box and you have to delete some.

Just bonus stats via the DigiFarm.
I can't deevolve a DNA Digimon or I will only get one of them back?

grimmiq

Just finished, I knew I would spend 20+ more hours grinding out evolutions so decided to clear the game using the last save slot. Best JRPG I've played in a long while and really scratched the itch while I wait for Persona 5.

Syntsui

Only one. The chart should show you both of the original forms, you then choose which you wish to de-digivolve to (either EX or Sting)
Shame to lose one if them. I will raise one of them just for this then. It would be a shame to lose one full of different skills.

But... If Imperialdramon is really powerful though, then I think it's not a problem really.

TheFlow

Banned
Just finished, I knew I would spend 20+ more hours grinding out evolutions so decided to clear the game using the last save slot. Best JRPG I've played in a long while and really scratched the itch while I wait for Persona 5.
Think I am going to do this

RexNovis

Banned
Yeah but it isn't relearning, it's like a box of skills and you can only equip so many at one time.

You can actually lose the skills in the box though, if your digimon learns too many skills, (I think it's 20 max in the box) then you have to delete one and can't relearn it.

I usually delete the weaker skills that say "I" if I have a "II" or "III" version of that skill.

Wait I thought he was saying you could relearn skills that you forgot because you maxed out your 20 slots. SO you can't do that then? Oh ... well now I am disappointed.

zwOgeDQ.png

TheFlow

Banned
lol my bad^ bad use of words.

Will I have a chance to go back and beat all the side quest and ect in Ch.20? or does it have to be done in ch.19???

dangeraaron10

Unconfirmed Member
Vita in NA is digital only, yes. And there is free DLC that gives you both those Digimon (and the ability to get the lines associated with them), as well as 3 special Agumon in clothes and a couple digivolutions of Digimon already in the game.

Thanks for the info!

I plan on picking this up as soon as my tax returns come in. I'm so excited!

Croc

Banned
I just accidentally used one too many SPD restraint chips on Lucemon -______-

oh well it's not that big of a deal, just annoying.

Finally have three Megas(Ophanimon, Diaboromon, and MirageGaogomon). :D So happy.

By the way, when can we start buying restraint chips? Will we also be able to buy items that increase ABI?

Stuart444

That is great news,and does anybody have the list of what new game plus gives you?

Also what is the purpose of restraint chips?

https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/177629-digimon-story-cyber-sleuth/73250296

carry over
- money
- all item
- all digimon
- party memory
- digidex
- sleuth rank (tamer level)
- playtime

not carried over
- hacking skill
- tutorial list
- keyword

Restraint chips puts down bonus stats I believe. Allowing you to put more bonus stats into other stats.

grimmiq

I think I'm just going to start over completely and see how early I can break the game on hard, plus 1st playthrough was using male MC, female this time.

RexNovis

Banned
I dont see Beelzemon BM in the gamefaqs list. Anyone care to share his memory cost and evolution path with required stats for the final two stages?

Croc

Banned
Does changing a Digimon's farm type change its base stats? I had Lucemon at 180 SPD then changed him to fighter and just now realized his SPD is 172...

dangeraaron10

Unconfirmed Member
So uhm

RizeGreymon is probably one of my favorite Digimon. How bad would it be if I decided NOT to digivolve him ever (even if ShineGreymon is still pretty sweet looking)?

There's pretty good chances I will end up with Ophanimon and RustTyranomon in my final main team. I'm aiming for a mix of Non-Humanoid and Humanoid Megas, and a good balance of Data, Virus, and Vaccine types.

Imperialdramon DM or Examon perhaps?

A few quick stupid questions-

1) Is there a way to see your current objectives?
2) Am I suppose to sell the medals to that guy or hold on to them?
3) What does the digi island do other gain EXP?
4) Is there no way to enlarge the map? And also, no Legends?

I'm currently at chap 2 and I'm randomly digivolving my in-trainings. By some coincidence I got all 3 Tamer rookies lol.

Tirod

Really appreciating the Hard Mode difficulty in this game.

(Chapter 3)
I just had my encounter with Jimiken (quite the...charcter) and his team line up/strategy was some straight up Shin Megami Tensei shit. I was pleased to have a good team line up going in (Growlmon, Kyubimon, Gatoman). Was using Panic Wisp from Kyubimon on the Meramon to panic them and my buffed Growlmon was throwing out Comet Hammer IIs to kill them while in panic state. While the Meramon were panic status, I had Kyubimon guard to protect itself from Devimon so it wouldn't get KO'd. While wearing down the Meramon, Gatoman would be on healing duty and if my health was good + Kyubimon was guarding, I'd throw out Holy Light IIs for 200ish damage.

A test of endurance so to speak, but was happy with the strategy I adopted on the spot. I'm sure there's an easier, more exploitative way to handle the fight.

Considering putting FF XIV to the wayside so I can concentrate solely on this and then move on to Fire Emblem Fates later this month. I hope the other boss battles go up from there in difficulty.

dangeraaron10

Unconfirmed Member
Wait wait wait

Hold up

is Airdramon really not in this game? THE NERVE!!!! He was my favorite Champion in Digimon World after Greymon.

Airdramon.jpg

Well I knew not all Digimon could be in this game and they picked some really good ones. That's still a bummer though.

Nightbird

Thanks for posting that, I didn't want to have to go through the JP game again just to find that.

He did quite obviously say Bakemon but I couldn't be 100% sure cause I don't trust my listening skills much lol.

The を is kinda hard to hear tbf and I'm 120% confident the translators and editors didn't even get to see the game as they were translating it which causes a lot of the misgendered issues (ie main female character, 'mister administrator' in that one quest, etc) so they probably wouldn't have second guessed themselves when translating it and just assumed it was the object particle, を. (rather than a word play using バケモン and を)

I didn't even considered this angle! Is it usual to let people translate stuff without letting them see what they are translating? Because that sounds pretty shitty :/

Is that also the case with が? :p
dPQd8LZ.jpg

Welp

giphy.gif

In that case I retreat from that topic, because I am clearly wrong xD

Asking again, 'cause nobody answered me. :(

It doesn't hurt, but personally, I didn't. If you plan to digivolve/dedigivolve your Digimon frequently enough, their ability stat should still rise just fine. Just about everybody on my team has 100 or near 100 ABI right now, and I didn't always get them to max level.

TheFlow

Banned
A few quick stupid questions-

1) Is there a way to see your current objectives?
2) Am I suppose to sell the medals to that guy or hold on to them?
3) What does the digi island do other gain EXP?
4) Is there no way to enlarge the map? And also, no Legends?

I'm currently at chap 2 and I'm randomly digivolving my in-trainings. By some coincidence I got all 3 Tamer rookies lol.
1. You can find out where to go at the detective agency or by checking your digitize for clues.
2.sell the medals, you don't need them.
3. Digi island allows you farm items and search for bad hackers.
4.tilt the right analog stick back. No legends but the map gives you a good idea. Just explore

Top Bottom