• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth |OT| The Prodigious Mon Returns (Courtesy of a Petition)

silva1991

^
digimions with def/int penetrating attacks are recommended imo

No, she was more like a body guard to one of the Dark Masters. In this case Piedmon. One of the strongest 'minions' of the Dark Masters.

Oh I see. Ialways thought she was the secret and last master just before fighting Piedmon

anyways, you have any idea when challenges will be unlocked?

ZeroX03

Banned
To be fair, while silent, he does have a personality at all times. It's just through facial expressions most of the time. (which the female protags one are totes adorbs <3 )

Would help if there were more than a handful of animations, but budgetary concerns I understand. A proper protagonist with dialogue would have been much better.

Finished the
Royal Knights Quests
That was a fun challenge although Lilithmon kind of made a few of them a one shot. The final one tripped me up cause I left
Omnimon
alive and he got a buff when the other two died and just one shot everything. So i made sure to axe him first lol.
you have one more to go...
I need another data mega.
metalgarurumon is decent, he gets a team speed buff skill that is useful

Or Dynasmon when you get towards the end

Man this localization gets on my nerves sometimes. Why would you use stuff like lmao, rofl, and lolz in dialogue text? No one talks like that! It's chat slang, not spoken slang! ._.

Lol you should see my texts and instant messages. When they're in EDEN it's kind of like future chat? lol

Stuart444

Stuart, I'm sure you could answer my question. You have been so helpful in this thread.

I'm not sure myself but I'd say on hard, you'd probably want to make sure you grind a lot so you have Ultimates/Megas early and rotate them as needed if it's a new game (aka your party memory is still low since NG+ keeps your party memory). Also Make sure you have an Ultimate/Mega that has a DEF piercing move (is Okuwamon/GranKuwagamon) for each eater fight.

Character Reversal would obviously be very useful if you need to switch the strengths and weaknesses of a Digimon (I don't know who else has it but PlatinumSukamon has it at around level 25)

Also making sure you have a wide variety of Data, Vaccines and Virus types would help for all non-eater battles. Take full advantage of weaknesses and if you know they are weak to both a type and his special attack element (such as Fire Mega Burst on the GeoGreymon line against a plant type like Palmon), use it so you can get a sweet 3.0 dmg instead of the usual 2.0 dmg when your enemy is weak to your type.

Most of these are common sense tips (imo) that you can ignore somewhat in normal mode but based on previous posts about hard mode (since I've not done it myself yet), I'd say many of these would be mandatory for hard mode. Take full advantage and exploit as much as you can during boss battles and the like.

Also keep a supply of items on you since you may need them a lot more in hard mode.

And remember, you can always turn the difficulty down if you think it's a bit too much :).

That's all the tips I can really offer you. Good Luck!

Stuart444

Would help if there were more than a handful of animations, but budgetary concerns I understand. A proper protagonist with dialogue would have been much better.

I certainly won't deny that but I still LOVE the expressions the female character uses. Especially stuff like (Chapter 13 - end of 15 spoilers):

The main character encouraging Agumon/Gabumon to eat a lot during that Shinjuku food tour side quest. And the sadness of the main character when Kyoko is gone and then once she's back, the main character has a huge smile on her face and even takes her coffee without any real complaints.

Yu Narukami

I'm not sure myself but I'd say on hard, you'd probably want to make sure you grind a lot so you have Ultimates/Megas early and rotate them as needed if it's a new game (aka your party memory is still low since NG+ keeps your party memory). Also Make sure you have an Ultimate/Mega that has a DEF piercing move (is Okuwamon/GranKuwagamon) for each eater fight.

Character Reversal would obviously be very useful if you need to switch the strengths and weaknesses of a Digimon (I don't know who else has it but PlatinumSukamon has it at around level 25)

Also making sure you have a wide variety of Data, Vaccines and Virus types would help for all non-eater battles. Take full advantage of weaknesses and if you know they are weak to both a type and his special attack element (such as Fire Mega Burst on the GeoGreymon line against a plant type like Palmon), use it so you can get a sweet 3.0 dmg instead of the usual 2.0 dmg when your enemy is weak to your type.

Most of these are common sense tips (imo) that you can ignore somewhat in normal mode but based on previous posts about hard mode (since I've not done it myself yet), I'd say many of these would be mandatory for hard mode. Take full advantage and exploit as much as you can during boss battles and the like.

Also keep a supply of items on you since you may need them a lot more in hard mode.

And remember, you can always turn the difficulty down if you think it's a bit too much :).

That's all the tips I can really offer you. Good Luck!

As always very helpful, thanks. I'll switch to normal if I need to grind too much on hard as my gaming time is super limited. I think I read somewhere that you only get 25% more yen on hard so I wouldn't miss too much.

Stuart444

This might be a realy dumb question, but does putting digimon on the farm to train do anything for their stats when they're max level?

Yes, bonus stats are independent of your level and they can gain them in the farm no matter what level they are. ALL that matters is their ABI.

As always very helpful, thanks. I'll switch to normal if I need to grind too much on hard as my gaming time is super limited. I think I read somewhere that you only get 25% more yen on hard so I wouldn't miss too much.

Yen is really easy to get anyway, Billionaire USB + GoldNumemon/PrinceMamemon = easy money similar to PlatSuka/Nume for easy EXP XD.

I used the code that came with the PS4 disc to redeem the DLC using the app on my iPhone. However, I've noticed that it's not downloading on the PS4. When I try to redeem it again on the PS4 it says it has already been redeemed but it's not downloading even though it's listed. Is this an issue with the DLC people have been talking about or am I doing it wrong?

Edit: I have a list of 6 items. digi-monsterous DLC bundle, custom theme: Royal knights set, custom theme: suzuhito yasuda are blacked out but
beginning head-start, theme Royal Knights set and theme yasuda suzuhito set are listed as installed.

So, based on the field guide slots, I should only have one digimon missing (Imperialdramon: PM who is only available post game), but it also says 240 instead of 241, when there are 242 slots available with the two dlc launch ones. What's going on?

MongKey

I used the code that came with the PS4 disc to redeem the DLC using the app on my iPhone. However, I've noticed that it's not downloading on the PS4. When I try to redeem it again on the PS4 it says it has already been redeemed but it's not downloading even though it's listed. Is this an issue with the DLC people have been talking about or am I doing it wrong?

Edit: I have a list of 6 items. digi-monsterous DLC bundle, custom theme: Royal knights set, custom theme: suzuhito yasuda are blacked out but
beginning head-start, theme Royal Knights set and theme yasuda suzuhito set are listed as installed.
I'm guessing the ones that are blacked out are for the Vita version since they have the exact same name as my Vita DLC. The ones installed should be the PS4 DLCs. Check whether or not you have and can change the PS4 theme. You should get the beginning head-start DLC once you are in game. Though, just guessing on my part since I don't have the PS4 version.

So, based on the field guide slots, I should only have one digimon missing (Imperialdramon: PM who is only available post game), but it also says 240 instead of 241, when there are 242 slots available with the two dlc launch ones. What's going on?
You're missing Dianamon's entry since it's not yet available in the game. Her entry in the field guide is missing because of this (she is #195). I guess her entry will be made available when her DLC drops so for now there is only 241 digimons in the field guide.

I'm guessing the ones that are blacked out are for the Vita version since they have the exact same name as my Vita DLC. The ones installed should be the PS4 DLCs. Check whether or not you have and can change the PS4 theme. You should get the beginning head-start DLC once you are in game. Though, just guessing on my part since I don't have the PS4 version.

You're missing Dianamon's entry since it's not yet available in the game. Her entry in the field guide is missing because of this (she is #195). I guess her entry will be made available when her DLC drops so for now there is only 241 digimons in the field guide.
Ah, thanks

Thanks mate.

More quick questions

1) Should I digivolve as soon as it meet the requirements? Or until I max out the level?

2) How do I equip my Digimons? I'm at the ITEM -> Equipment section but it doesn't let me.

3) I'm currently at Chapter 3, is it fair to say that it's better to maintain a Rookie team of 5-6 then to have 2-3 Champions?

4) Do the digimons on the digi-island gain EXP according to time progression or something else?

More quick questions

1) Should I digivolve as soon as it meet the requirements? Or until I max out the level?

2) How do I equip my Digimons? I'm at the ITEM -> Equipment section but it doesn't let me.

3) I'm currently at Chapter 3, is it fair to say that it's better to maintain a Rookie team of 5-6 then to have 2-3 Champions?

4) Do the digimons on the digi-island gain EXP according to time progression or something else?

1) It really depends on the Digimon, sometimes you won't be able to meet requirements until you continually grind to pad your stats (or train them in digifarm). I usually digivolve right away unless I'm missing key requirements such as ABI.

2) Go to Digimon > Settings > Click on whoever you want to equip > Scroll down all the way to Item/Equip > put whatever you want.

3) It depends on difficulty. You're going to face some pretty tough Digimon soon, so you might want to digivolve some while keep certain rookies.

4) I believe it's similar to the Pokemon Day Care where Digimon on the Farm gain EXP based on the number of steps you take.

I finally managed to beat that digimon in Ch.14, but now the eater has absolutely got me at my wits end. How the fuck am I supposed to beat this?

Any time I do any meaningful damage, he just uses Erode Terminal to heal right back up. And because he uses that buff skill repeatedly, eventually one ET is enough to kill any of my party in one hit. I'm on normal and all my digimon are Lv. 40+.

Edit:
My team is:

Lv. 43 DoruGreymon
Lv. 49 Infermon
Lv. 42 MetalGreymon

I finally managed to beat that digimon in Ch.14, but now the eater has absolutely got me at my wits end. How the fuck am I supposed to beat this?

Any time I do any meaningful damage, he just uses Erode Terminal to heal right back up. And because he uses that buff skill repeatedly, eventually one ET is enough to kill any of my party in one hit. I'm on normal and all my digimon are Lv. 40+.

Edit:
My team is:

Lv. 43 DoruGreymon
Lv. 49 Infermon
Lv. 42 MetalGreymon
Ima need for you to train up and get a mega somewhere on that team lol.

Jokes aside whose your backup digimon? And besides that the eaters shouldn't be 1 shot killing you at all.

Stuart444

Edit:
My team is:

Lv. 43 DoruGreymon
Lv. 49 Infermon
Lv. 42 MetalGreymon

Do you have PlatinumSukamon/Numemon and/or Tactician USBs?

Use them and grind up a Okuwamon/GranKuwagamon. (via anything that digivolves into Stingmon).

That specific line each has a DEF piercing moves. Outside of that, it's strictly an endurance match. Back in the JP version, I did most of them the hard way (once I had no DOT recoveries and just kept using their standard attack hoping to win, it took me a long while to beat one of the eaters doing this)

That + plenty of recoveries for DOT status effect and you should be fine. Part of it IS luck due to that healing move he uses. Sometimes he uses it a lot, sometimes he doesn't.

Still DEF piercing moves is the best way to deal with Eaters. low hp, high def and all.

Nightbird

A Builder Leader, 4 Developer know-how, and a 1000¥ Development should grant me the tactician USB right?

Because I've been reloading my save for 5 Minutes now just to get that

Stuart444

A Builder Leader, 4 Developer know-how, and a 1000¥ Development should grant me the tactician USB right?

Yes but it is RNG, it can take 5 minutes or 5 hours (realistically it won't take that long, took me under an hour to get 2 with 2 dev know-hows and a builder leader)

They usually come in 2s so when you get one, you'll have 2 to use :)

AyanFaust

Banned

It should, just keep reloading while browsing the internet or something. That's what I did. Doesn't take terribly long.

MongKey

Yup. A lot of luck and patience too since some have gone hours without getting them.

Ultimadrago

Im trying to get an Okuwamon. He was my main man back in the World 2 days. X Scissor would drop DEF with EACH hit. Could turn a fortress into jello by fight's end.

Do you have PlatinumSukamon/Numemon and/or Tactician USBs?

Use them and grind up a Okuwamon/GranKuwagamon. (via anything that digivolves into Stingmon).

That specific line each has a DEF piercing moves. Outside of that, it's strictly an endurance match. Back in the JP version, I did most of them the hard way (once I had no DOT recoveries and just kept using their standard attack hoping to win, it took me a long while to beat one of the eaters doing this)

That + plenty of recoveries for DOT status effect and you should be fine. Part of it IS luck due to that healing move he uses. Sometimes he uses it a lot, sometimes he doesn't.

Still DEF piercing moves is the best way to deal with Eaters. low hp, high def and all.

I don't have any of those. Do they give some kind of bonus or something?

Nightbird

Yes but it is RNG, it can take 5 minutes or 5 hours (realistically it won't take that long, took me under an hour to get 2 with 2 dev know-hows and a builder leader)

They usually come in 2s so when you get one, you'll have 2 to use :)

It should, just keep reloading while browsing the internet or something. That's what I did. Doesn't take terribly long.

Yup. A lot of luck and patience too since some have gone hours without getting them.

Good. Just wanted to make sure that I'm not wasting my time on this ^^

1) It really depends on the Digimon, sometimes you won't be able to meet requirements until you continually grind to pad your stats (or train them in digifarm). I usually digivolve right away unless I'm missing key requirements such as ABI.

2) Go to Digimon > Settings > Click on whoever you want to equip > Scroll down all the way to Item/Equip > put whatever you want.

3) It depends on difficulty. You're going to face some pretty tough Digimon soon, so you might want to digivolve some while keep certain rookies.

4) I believe it's similar to the Pokemon Day Care where Digimon on the Farm gain EXP based on the number of steps you take.

Thanks for the answers.

One more thing- Is it really that much more advantageous to have 200% scanned? Especially if all I'm running into are babies and in-trainings. What I guess I'm asking is if it's worth going back to those dungeons to grind out that extra 50%? lol

Syntsui

Thanks for the answers.

One more thing- Is it really that much more advantageous to have 200% scanned? Especially if all I'm running into are babies and in-trainings. What I guess I'm asking is if it's worth going back to those dungeons to grind out that extra 50%? lol

Worthless, don't waste your time. Just keep evolving-deevolving them to increase their ABI and then train them on the farm.

Stuart444

I don't have any of those. Do they give some kind of bonus or something?

Haha, yeah. Quite a big one

PlatinumSukamon (champion) and PlatinumNumemon (Mega) give doubles EXP gained.

And they stack

Tacticians USB are the same... and they stack on top of each other and on top of the Platinum Digimon.

To get them, you need a builder (personality) leader and a farm of 10 Digimon. And pref at least 2 - 5 Developer Know-hows.

Then you get them to dev an item, wait til about 1 - 2 minutes before it finishes, save it and then reset it each time until it gives you a Tactician USB (gives 2 at a time)

As for the Digimon

Pabumon -> Motimon -> Hagurumon -> PlatinumSukamon -> Etemon -> PlatinumNumemon

Only the Platinums have the EXP bonus and it's recommended to have 2 - 3 (pref 3) and make sure PlatinumSukamon learns Character Reversal (inflicts BUG which reverses the strengths and weakness of a Digimon, very very useful move).

This makes grinding effortless.

If you want to know what I mean by DEF piercing move, then it's just as it sounds, it pierces (aka ignores mostly) the defenses of the digimon and thus allows you to get past the strong as fuck defenses that the Eaters have.

Ultimadrago

Good. Just wanted to make sure that I'm not wasting my time on this ^^

I felt like I was wasting a whole lot of damn time on it the other day. Come to find, my setup just sucked. Decided to get 10 Builders in the farm (including the DLC Agumon) by changing fodder personalities to Builder. This makes wait time minimal at 20 in game min.

I did more story to upgrade my farm to Rank 4, stuffed it with Devlopers and the Tacticians rolled in like nothing. So did Chrome Digizoids for lots of money.

dangeraaron10

Unconfirmed Member
After what I'm seeing here, it would probably be best if I ended up with a GranKuwagamon somewhere in my reserve for the purpose of Eaters.

What about Tentamon->Kuwagomon->Okuwamon->GranKuwagamon?

Stuart444

After what I'm seeing here, it would probably be best if I ended up with a GranKuwagamon somewhere in my reserve for the purpose of Eaters.

What about Tentamon->Kuwagomon->Okuwamon->GranKuwagamon?

As long as you end up with an Okuwamon/GranKuwagamon, it doesn't matter how you get one. It's their MAIN attack which is the DEF piercing move so as long as you have one, you're golden.

I see what you guys mean about the farm being helpful for training. Getting rapidmon to 130 def..you either powerthru to almost max level or put him in the farm.

Def and Int piercing moves aren't only useful on eaters, they're pretty much the best moves period. Late game you'll do several times more damage with one of those types of moves than you would with many others. It's often better to even ignore type and element and just use the piercing move

dangeraaron10

Unconfirmed Member
As long as you end up with an Okuwamon/GranKuwagamon, it doesn't matter how you get one. It's their MAIN attack which is the DEF piercing move so as long as you have one, you're golden.

Awesome, thank you. Also, Kuwags and his "canon" line is all Virus, and for a second I was getting worried since my dream team might be too front loaded on Vaccine.

I swear to god I'm going to need a spreadsheet to keep track of all my 'Mons. This is why I'm so frickin hyped for this game. All these choices and team building is RIGHT up my alley!

Also, apparently, the champion Kuwagamon also gets a DEF piercing move, I'm not sure how early you encounter these so called Eaters. Basically Kuwags, Oku, and GranKuwags all get a DEF piercing move, with 1x the DEF stat, 2x, and 3x respectively as it progressively gets more powerful. Are Eaters random or are they set encounters? So I'll know when to bring my DEF piercing big bug into the front?

Haha, yeah. Quite a big one

PlatinumSukamon (champion) and PlatinumNumemon (Mega) give doubles EXP gained.

And they stack

Tacticians USB are the same... and they stack on top of each other and on top of the Platinum Digimon.

To get them, you need a builder (personality) leader and a farm of 10 Digimon. And pref at least 2 - 5 Developer Know-hows.

Then you get them to dev an item, wait til about 1 - 2 minutes before it finishes, save it and then reset it each time until it gives you a Tactician USB (gives 2 at a time)

As for the Digimon

Pabumon -> Motimon -> Hagurumon -> PlatinumSukamon -> Etemon -> PlatinumNumemon

Only the Platinums have the EXP bonus and it's recommended to have 2 - 3 (pref 3) and make sure PlatinumSukamon learns Character Reversal (inflicts BUG which reverses the strengths and weakness of a Digimon, very very useful move).

This makes grinding effortless.

If you want to know what I mean by DEF piercing move, then it's just as it sounds, it pierces (aka ignores mostly) the defenses of the digimon and thus allows you to get past the strong as fuck defenses that the Eaters have.

Awesome! Thanks, I'm going to try this out before giving that eater another go

Breads

Banned
Man this localization gets on my nerves sometimes. Why would you use stuff like lmao, rofl, and lolz in dialogue text? No one talks like that! It's chat slang, not spoken slang! ._.

In their defense they are doing a really good job of making Jimiken just... the absolute worst.

Nightbird

I felt like I was wasting a whole lot of damn time on it the other day. Come to find, my setup just sucked. Decided to get 10 Builders in the farm (including the DLC Agumon) by changing fodder personalities to Builder. This makes wait time minimal at 20 in game min.

I did more story to upgrade my farm to Rank 4, stuffed it with Devlopers and the Tacticians rolled in like nothing. So did Chrome Digizoids for lots of money.

Fuck, and I was thinking about changing everyone into builders (even bought te discs) but then decided not to. Now I have only two in the farm >. >

Stuart444

I see what you guys mean about the farm being helpful for training. Getting rapidmon to 130 def..you either powerthru to almost max level or put him in the farm.

I didn't use the farm at all, I just used some def attach and trained him a lot. Though it was in his 80s when I digivolved him.

With the Plats and Tacts, level 80 is nothing lol.

Def and Int piercing moves aren't only useful on eaters, they're pretty much the best moves period. Late game you'll do several times more damage with one of those types of moves than you would with many others. It's often better to even ignore type and element and just use the piercing move

Maybe but it's less fun than just using Digimon you like imo. best to only use those moves on Digimon you may not be too keen on if you can't win any other way (or have a lot of trouble winning lol).

Top Bottom