• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth |OT| The Prodigious Mon Returns (Courtesy of a Petition)

Yu Narukami

I imagine that the game is easy enough to beat on normal with any Digimon. What skills, Digimons or attributes should I aim for if I play on hard?

Wazzy

Banned
Chapter 8 and I finally have Beelzemon BM and MirageGaogamon. I prefer Mach's appearance but otherwise both Mega's are fantastic.

Dawg

Does normal difficulty ever get challenging? Feels like I am steamrolling through battles. Don't want to change to hard tho.

I'm up two sets of Tactician USBs now with about half an hour of time put in. I did add two more of the developing quality increasing items to the farm island so that might have helped. It could still be random being random though.

Does normal difficulty ever get challenging? Feels like I am steamrolling through battles. Don't want to change to hard tho.

Not really. The only battles I'd consider challenging on normal are the Ch. 19/20 side quests and the Demon Lord quests (which haven't been released yet)

NEO0MJ

I'm still at the start but am feeling this too. Maybe I should up the level. Right now it feels like in Pokemon where I crush everything.

RexNovis

Banned
You won't. I think this is the last skill that PlatSuka learns, so you won't override it. Plus, the skills remain in a pool that you can change at will in the inventory.

You can switch moves out in the settings menu on each Digimon and while there is a limit to how many moves you can get in that menu, the PlatSukamon/Numemon line doesn't get enough moves to the point where you need to delete any.

Ok so I'm looking at my PlatNumemons and neither of them have this ability..

MongKey

Ok so I'm looking at my PlatNumemons and neither of them have this ability..
The skill is called Character Reverse in the japanese version. Can't check the name of the skill in the english version since I don't have my Vita right now but it's the skill that inflict the BUG status effect. If you check PlatinumSukamon in the Field Guide, it's the skill that he learns at level 25. If you digivolve your PlatinumSukamon into PlatinumNumemon then they should have the skill.

RexNovis

Banned
The skill is called Character Reverse in the japanese version. Can't check the name of the skill in the english version since I don't have my Vita right now but it's the skill that inflict the BUG status effect. If you check PlatinumSukamon in the Field Guide, it's the skill that he learns at level 25. If you digivolve your PlatinumSukamon into PlatinumNumemon then they should have the skill.

Oh I thought they said PlatNumemon learns the ability at lvl 25. My bad. I never digivolved a platsukamon. My PlatNumemons came from different evolutions. Guess that explains that.

Finally got my 6 Tactician USB's for my PlatPoops.

Dear god, the gains. THE GAINS!

I'm still at the start but am feeling this too. Maybe I should up the level. Right now it feels like in Pokemon where I crush everything.

It's pretty much the same on Hard except bosses. They'll ream you a new asshole.

sephi22

I wold guess that it sold at leats a little better than the 50k they localized it for.
Lots of people coming back to the series or just looking for a good RPG and jumping in for the first time are picking it up.

I really hope it did well for them.
I ashamed to admit but this is the first Digimon game that I've bought legally after being a fan for about 15 years and playing Digimon World, Digimon Digital Card Batlle, Digimon Rumble Arena, on bootleg discs on jailbroken consoles. I was a kid in the third world who didn't know anything about copyright or piracy. The GBA cartridge that I paid a premium retail price thinking was real, was a bootleg as well. It was that 2D smash clone where hitting opponents released power balls.

Everything I know about Digimon lore is from these games. My country didn't get the anime till about 5 years after. I was the only one of my friends who knew what the heck Digimon was and its funny how I became a fan by just buying the games because of the cool covers. I didn't have any means of doing research because the wikis didn't exist and I wasn't aware of gaf. So all my research went to GameFAQs walkthroughs and message board. :/ The early 2000s were something. Anyway I'm rambling. The game's were so set in my headcanon that I was alienated when I realized that the Digimon could talk in English in the anime. Since Digimon World wasn't voiced, I didn't think Digimon could actually speak. The Digimon in that game made Pokemon-like cries.

TL;DR: I'm glad good Digimon games are back and I can really support the devs now. The story has grown on me since I'm past chapter 12 now and I'm enjoying it again. Perhaps there are others like me who've returned to the franchise after many years and that's why sales are higher than expected.

duckroll

Man this localization gets on my nerves sometimes. Why would you use stuff like lmao, rofl, and lolz in dialogue text? No one talks like that! It's chat slang, not spoken slang! ._.

sephi22

Man this localization gets on my nerves sometimes. Why would you use stuff like lmao, rofl, and lolz in dialogue text? No one talks like that! It's chat slang, not spoken slang! ._.

I feel so separated from these characters. Fuck Jimiken too cheap motherfucker

SMK

I don't think I really saw the internet lingo outside the digital world. It kinda makes sense doesn't it? Since you're talking to digital avatars after all.

cheesekao

I saw a Japanese screenshot of that scene and it contains lots of "www" in it so I would imagine he's supposed to be a cringey guy.

TheFlow

Banned
I don't think I really saw the internet lingo outside the digital world. It kinda makes sense doesn't it? Since you're talking to digital avatars after all.
pretty much, everyone talks normal in the real world. But there are people who say Lol, G2G, and BRB in real life.

ZeroX03

Banned
It's so strange how Takumi seems to swing between silent protagonist and speaking to himself and having a personality. And at one point during a sub quest I'm pretty sure he actually speaks dialogue to an NPC. I wish they'd just commit and make him a fully developed character instead of a weird middle ground.

I dunno, Jimiken strikes me as the kind of guy that would use those in a regular conversation without a lick of irony.

I can't remember if there were other instances of this happening though.

Delio

Finished the
Royal Knights Quests
That was a fun challenge although Lilithmon kind of made a few of them a one shot. The final one tripped me up cause I left
Omnimon
alive and he got a buff when the other two died and just one shot everything. So i made sure to axe him first lol.

Bad writing. :(
Nah, he's just a 1337 hax0r.
You pickin' up what I'm puttin' down? Lolz

Current team!
digimonstorycybersleuuls7i.png

Data, Neutral, and Vaccine. Pretty balanced group. :)

digimonstorycybersleu2us13.png

I kinda like where this is going... :p

digimonstorycybersleujgs66.png

Lol.

It's crazy how much I have played this game yet how early I still am. Played for about 25-30 hours and am only on chapter 7, of course part of that was levelling for the chapter 6 bosses since they are ridiculous on hard.

Hoping we get some sales news soon, I hope it did well for them.

Also, Jimiken is a pretty great mid level antagonist. I can also imagine some people would be exactly like him if we had Eden right now.

Stuart444

I didn't even considered this angle! Is it usual to let people translate stuff without letting them see what they are translating? Because that sounds pretty shitty :/

Not the norm but not unheard of I believe. Even worse when the budget is low and showing them context would be 'wasted time' aka wasted money when they want to keep costs low.

Aren't there alternative options to get this or black agumon/gabumon?

later DLC?

Not sure about the west but there wasn't in Japan.

Oh I thought they said PlatNumemon learns the ability at lvl 25. My bad. I never digivolved a platsukamon. My PlatNumemons came from different evolutions. Guess that explains that.

Yeah, one of the quotes specifically mentions PlatinumSukamon haha :p.

1. Some people do use that in spoken speech.

2. Consider that it's a more advanced internet world where the internet allows you to use avatars and browse websites and go to forums and chat rooms as an avatar that can speak.

It's not exactly crazy to jump to the idea that chat slang becomes used in speech while on this type of internet.

I doubt anyone in the real world would go that OTT mind but it's not crazy to think people would adopt internet slang if they were still on the internet as avatars that can speak audibly.

Anyway, I know not everyone would think like this but that's how I figured it and why it doesn't bother me. but I still just fucking HATE Jimiken. so so annoying. I was very happy to see the back of him eventually.

I'd prefer Elvis Etemon (aka English Etemon) over this guy any day. :/

And yeah Jimiken used a lot of www in the JP version so seeing different versions of it in English really wasn't a surprise to me.

Stuart444

It's so strange how Takumi seems to swing between silent protagonist and speaking to himself and having a personality. And at one point during a sub quest I'm pretty sure he actually speaks dialogue to an NPC. I wish they'd just commit and make him a fully developed character instead of a weird middle ground.

To be fair, while silent, he does have a personality at all times. It's just through facial expressions most of the time. (which the female protags one are totes adorbs <3 )

Top Bottom