• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth |OT| The Prodigious Mon Returns (Courtesy of a Petition)

LAA

Glad to see the excitement going for this game! Hopefully this means Digimon Next Order will be coming west too!

Quick question I have... does using farm goods actually consume them? Or are their effects just used as long as they're in the farm?

MongKey

Glad to see the excitement going for this game! Hopefully this means Digimon Next Order will be coming west too!

Quick question I have... does using farm goods actually consume them? Or can are their effects just used as long as they're in the farm?
No, it doesn't consume them since they act like an equipment to the farm. The farm gains the effect of the farm goods that you attached to them.

Stuart444

Quick question I have... does using farm goods actually consume them? Or are their effects just used as long as they're in the farm?

No, they are basically equip items like you can put onto Digimon but it's a Farm instead of a Digimon. You can remove and put them on at will in the farm.

Reishiki

Banned
Armor rapidmon huh? never seen him before

who evolve into him? I'm definitely going for Magnamon.

Rapidmon (Armour) appeared in the first Adventure 02 movie (Digimon Hurricane Landing!!/Transcendent Evolution!! The Golden Digimentals). This featured a pre-Tamers Terriermon that evolved into Rapidmon with the Digi-Egg/Digimental of Destiny. Apparently, the Holy Rings on his thighs push him from Ultimate to Mega.

Tohsaka

Haha, yeah. Quite a big one

PlatinumSukamon (champion) and PlatinumNumemon (Mega) give doubles EXP gained.

And they stack

Tacticians USB are the same... and they stack on top of each other and on top of the Platinum Digimon.

To get them, you need a builder (personality) leader and a farm of 10 Digimon. And pref at least 2 - 5 Developer Know-hows.

Then you get them to dev an item, wait til about 1 - 2 minutes before it finishes, save it and then reset it each time until it gives you a Tactician USB (gives 2 at a time)

As for the Digimon

Pabumon -> Motimon -> Hagurumon -> PlatinumSukamon -> Etemon -> PlatinumNumemon

Only the Platinums have the EXP bonus and it's recommended to have 2 - 3 (pref 3) and make sure PlatinumSukamon learns Character Reversal (inflicts BUG which reverses the strengths and weakness of a Digimon, very very useful move).

This makes grinding effortless.

If you want to know what I mean by DEF piercing move, then it's just as it sounds, it pierces (aka ignores mostly) the defenses of the digimon and thus allows you to get past the strong as fuck defenses that the Eaters have.

Is it worth doing this in chapter 4, or is that not really needed yet? I was looking at GameFAQs and the walkthrough recommended doing it in chapter 4 in the Digital Space 05 area.

Stuart444

Is it worth doing this in chapter 4, or is that not really needed yet? I was looking at GameFAQs and the walkthrough recommended doing it in chapter 4 in the Digital Space 05 area.

It's worth getting 3 PlatSukamons at Chapter 4 so you'll always have them.

PlatNumemon can wait til much later in the game.

silva1991

Rapidmon (Armour) appeared in the first Adventure 02 movie (Digimon Hurricane Landing!!/Transcendent Evolution!! The Golden Digimentals). This featured a pre-Tamers Terriermon that evolved into Rapidmon with the Digi-Egg/Digimental of Destiny. Apparently, the Holy Rings on his thighs push him from Ultimate to Mega.

Interesting, I don't think i've watched all the movies

I guess I should be underwhelmed by the green version then :p

Lexxism

Weird. I currently have MachGaogamon, Lucemon and Beelzemon on my team and whenever they attack they get a 90-100 damage back plus getting an attack up. They are currently equipped with the tactician USB. Is that the one causing the damage back whenever they attack? Or is this something else?

L95

Weird. I currently have MachGaogamon, Lucemon and Beelzemon on my team and whenever they attack they get a 90-100 damage back plus getting an attack up. They are currently equipped with the tactician USB. Is that the one causing the damage back whenever they attack? Or is this something else?

Check their support skills maybe?

Wazzy

Banned
It's Beelzemons Skill. Once you digivolve him to BM it's gone.

TheFlow

Banned
Roughly yeah. I probably could have evolved him earlier (probably) but I didn't have much memory at the time and I didn't want to throw any of my Digimon back into the farm XD.
Why didn't you change his personality to defender and devolve him. But yea it took to me lv65 to evolve him.

German sales charts

01 (NE) [PS4] NATURO SHIPPUDEN: ULTIMATE NINJA STORM 4
02 (01) [PS4] CALL OF DUTY: BLACK OPS III (>500K)
03 (NE) [PS4] DIGIMON STORY: CYBER SLEUTH
04 (NE) [PC] XCOM 2
05 (NE) [PC] AMERICAN TRUCK SIMULATOR STARTER PACK: CALIFORNIA

We do it

Stuart444

Why didn't you change his personality to defender and devolve him. But yea it took to me lv65 to evolve him.

Couldn't be bothered? lol. I only de-digivolved him once for the ABI boost.

I pretty much did the exact same thing with my starter (Terriermon aka my MegaGargomon) as I did when I played the JP version. <3 MegaGargomon and his Burst Shot. Dat AoE is lovely.

Anyway, just got to Chapter 19.

MAJOR SPOILERS for Chapter 18 up until the end of it:

My favourite reveal in the game, ALPHAMON! Also ;_; poor kids, poor Yuugo.

Also the music in the Digital World is AWESOME. I love it <3.

May or may not finish the story tomorrow. We'll see.

Wait, Geremon is not the same as Numemon?! But does he still get you PlatinumNumemon?

EDIT:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/vita/757436-digimon-story-cyber-sleuth/faqs/71778?page=10#section706

All Digivolution stuff is there. If you need anything else from it, just go to the front page for links to memory locations, what you'll face in the offline coliseum, Victory Uchida, etc.

Well that solves it...

German sales charts

04 (NE) [PC] XCOM 2

We do it

EARTH SAVED GOOD, We do it!

T.O.P

Banned
German sales charts

04 (NE) [PC] XCOM 2

We do it

Amazing stuff, wonder how it did in Italy

Gamestop didn't have any stock on D1, no idea if they were all pre-ordered tho...Amazon always had copies in stock on the other hand :/

True Fire

German sales charts

04 (NE) [PC] XCOM 2

We do it

I really can't wait for concrete numbers. I need to know that we saved the Digimon franchise.

silva1991

L95

German sales charts

04 (NE) [PC] XCOM 2

We do it

Gogo Digimon

~('u' )~

~( 'u' )~

~( 'u')~

Stuart444

Wait, Geremon is not the same as Numemon?! But does he still get you PlatinumNumemon?

You can yes, Geremon -> Etemon -> PlatinumNumemon though you may not have Character Reversal going that route (though you can always de-digivolve etemon to PlatinumSukamon if you've seen him at least once before or have owned him before, level him up to get it and then digivolve him again to Etemon and then PlatinumNumemon)

Also Fans of Digimon World 1 will remember Geremon as a wild non-playable Digimon in Factorial Town.

Wazzy

Banned
German sales charts

04 (NE) [PC] XCOM 2

We do it
Yassssssss!!

I really hope we get more Digimon because of this. Maybe give us the game we missed already. :(

T.O.P

Banned
Holy shit those royal knights don't joke around on great challenges

is it even possible to beat them on hard mode? lol

Litterally scared as fuck to go into the endgame on HM, this game is brutal

Btw, can anyone recommend me a good support/healer digimon? my team is always full on offensive wich has to change

Stuart444

Litterally scared as fuck to go into the endgame on HM, this game is brutal

Btw, can anyone recommend me a good support/healer digimon? my team is always full on offensive wich has to change

Ophanimon is probably one of the better healers in the game. I used her as my exclusive healer (and occasional attacker) in the JP version.

IbukiLordSA

BM is so much easier to get, my goodness, struggled to get Beelzemon, BM main attack is so broken

eP0casJ.png

QiPGo4E.jpg

German sales charts

04 (NE) [PC] XCOM 2

We do it
Cyber Sleuth is outselling XCOM 2 in the week after release, this is unreal ^^. Guess we won't have to be afraid of not getting any Digimon games localized in the future ;P.

BTW, DIGIMON RULEZ.

Stuart444

Cyber Sleuth is outselling XCOM 2 in the week after release, this is unreal ^^. Guess we won't have to be afraid of not getting any Digimon games localized in the future ;P.

I would hope so but I try to remember that chart listings aren't as useful without numbers. If 1 and 2 there sold 1000 copies (number 1) and 200 (number 2) then Digimon at number 3 would sell less than that meaning even if it seems like a good position, it still didn't sell 'great'.

(that's an exaggerated example yes but trying to make a point).

I am hopeful though, I mean number 7 on UK and number 3 on German charts is pretty good regardless.

silva1991

How hard we talking? Because I want all of them

I mean, I beat 2 of them but mashing the button and every digimon I had only 1 digimon standing

it was luck

they require real strategies and the the actual right digimon on the field and preparations

and I'm talking about normal mode here.

also fuck jesmon

TheFlow

Banned
I mean, I beat 2 of them but mashing the button and every digimon I had only 1 digimon standing

it was luck

they require real strategies and the the actual right digimon on the field and preparations

and I'm talking about normal mode here.

also fuck jesmon

damnnnnnnnnn son. guess I am not ready

is this what I need to beat them? like what are easiest ways to rekt them.
Her special move is pretty ridiculous. If you have a Digimon with character reversal (through PlatSukamon, I have PlatNumemon) for the Vaccine type ones, I'd imagine she'd make short work of them.

Stuart444

is this what I need to beat them? like what are easiest ways to rekt them.

For anything that isn't a Virus type, Lilithmon (2 is even better) with MAX INT is the best.

Phantom Pain from a MAX INT Lilithmon destroys things but they are easily killed so lots of revival items is recommended.

If it's a Data, just Phantom Pain with them, if it's Vaccine, have PlatNumemon (if it was raised from PlatinumSukamon) use Character Reversal and have Lilithmon use Phantom Pain after they have been bugged (if they can be bugged, some are resistant after all)

Keep reviving them as needed and they will easily kill most of them.

Once you beat UlforceVeedramon, GET HIM! His support skill is one of the best. (allows your party to go first, a BOOM for the other RKs and the Demon Lord DLC when we get it).

By the time you get to Crusadermon, you should be able to win even though the dmg will be neutral (no 2.0 bonus or anything) with Lilithmon.

TheFlow

Banned
For anything that isn't a Virus type, Lilithmon (2 is even better) with MAX INT is the best.

Phantom Pain from a MAX INT Lilithmon destroys things but they are easily killed so lots of revival items is recommended.

If it's a Data, just Phantom Pain with them, if it's Vaccine, have PlatNumemon (if it was raised from PlatinumSukamon) use Character Reversal and have Lilithmon use Phantom Pain after they have been bugged (if they can be bugged, some are resistant after all)

Keep reviving them as needed and they will easily kill most of them.

Once you beat UlforceVeedramon, GET HIM! His support skill is one of the best. (allows your party to go first, a BOOM for the other RKs and the Demon Lord DLC when we get it).

By the time you get to Crusadermon, you should be able to win even though the dmg will be neutral (no 2.0 bonus or anything) with Lilithmon.
Woah ty so much. I was just thinking we should get the demon lords as well.

Dugna

and chapter 11 is where I say screw you game,
A AOE DAMAGE AND HEAL SHOULDN'T ALSO PUT YOUR TEAM TO SLEEP.
man I'm screaming very hard at my TV right now because of this.

AyanFaust

Banned
and chapter 11 is where I say screw you game,
A AOE DAMAGE AND HEAL SHOULDN'T ALSO PUT YOUR TEAM TO SLEEP.
man I'm screaming very hard at my TV right now because of this.

Oh man, I completely understand. I had to get my top hitters/piercing people to just take him out quickly.

HeelPower

Guys help with cross save question !

I bought the game on both ps4 and psv and downloaded the dlc for both.

I played 15 hours on ps4 and I want to continue my save on the vita
but I cant !!

when I press triangle it said there is no saved data !!!!!!!!!!!

how does cross save work in first place ?!!!

Top Bottom