• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth |OT| The Prodigious Mon Returns (Courtesy of a Petition)

Man, I must've not been paying enough attention to Nokia to notice that her dress is slit and stitched up the entire side. Damn girl. That's lewd.

Wait til you decide you need more and start farming tactician usbs. Every battle up to about 95 is a series of level up chimes Now. That is bliss.

Getting nearly 20k per battle with PlatPoops and 6 USB's on random Rookie and Champion fodder in one of the Digital Mirror Dungeons in chapter 7.

Feels good man.

German sales charts

01 (NE) [PS4] NATURO SHIPPUDEN: ULTIMATE NINJA STORM 4
02 (01) [PS4] CALL OF DUTY: BLACK OPS III (>500K)
03 (NE) [PS4] DIGIMON STORY: CYBER SLEUTH
04 (NE) [PC] XCOM 2
05 (NE) [PC] AMERICAN TRUCK SIMULATOR STARTER PACK: CALIFORNIA

We do it

Oh, hell yes. Hopefully, Bandai Namco discloses its numbers down the line.

pixxxelz

Are the loading times on the vita version as quick as the ps4 version? I started this yesterday and I'm loving it! But for some reason playing this on the ps4 doesn't feel right so I'm thinking about double dipping.

My fiance bought this for me yesterday, I've sunk 14 hours into it already, it's rather engrossing.

The digimon evolutions and battle system are the highlights, compared to Pokemon, I enjoy the more complicated rock-paper-scissors system, it's also more balanced than the Pokemon games with more evenly distributed typing, strengths and weaknesses.

Beyond that however, the game is very mixed, the narrative is 'okay' but presents far too much filler. It's hard not to lose attention after a while, and the incessant back tracking doesn't help either. Considering the dungeons look generic enough to be procedural generated, I don't see why they weren't.

Not to mention there are loads and loads of what I would consider QoL issues and 'rough edges'. Little things like why is the case feed on the player menu? Why isn't there a detailed case log? Why are some cases 'official' and therefore logged, and others not? Why is it not explicit which cases are story orientated, and which aren't? Why do my digimon use anti-panic as a healing spell when they've only lost 60 HP on autobattle? Why were all the detailed textures not reproduced for the PS4 version (all logos and such are just stretched)? Why are not all digilab access points, also Eden access points? Why do some areas become permanently locked off? Why do locks exist when there's usually a NPC in front of them to prevent you entering that way, anyway?

I mean I don't hate it, the story is still interesting enough, and I like the characters and overall atmosphere of the game, it's lighthearted and fun, but it can certainly get tedious in places. I've had to start consulting a guide on occasion because I'd rather not waste my time with what I consider to be poor design choices (i.e. an poorly implemented and occasionally non-functional quest log).

It's a decent digimon game, the best I have played, but it could be a lot better, and a lot of the means in which it could do so, wouldn't have been difficult to implement. Still I would recommend it to anyone with an interest in the series or JRPGs.

Breads

Banned
got two platinum sukamon

i take bake everything bad i said about abi

this grinding is BLISS now, gonna get EVERYONE to mega before i'm out of this area

Remember each PlatinumNumemon can hold 1 more Tactician USB over Sukamon. Thats lvl 1 to 30-50 in a single fight with 3 PlatNume/9 USBs. Makes ABI farming a breeze.

66 hours later and I'm finally done. I'm really happy with the game overall, despite some very glaring flaws. I really loved the Digimon raising aspects. Incredibly satisfying to see how the weak Digimon I had in the early hours were able to become the beasts they were in the endgame. The story was honestly weaker than I was expecting it to be. Halfway through or so, it seemed like things were picking up, and while they sort of did, it didn't really do much for me. The super sloppy translation didn't help either. Not sure how I felt about the difficulty balancing either. Normal was absurdly easy, but many of the later game bosses on hard were absolutely infuriating (was I screwing up somewhere or were they supposed to have a billion more turns than me?).

Despite the flaws, I still really enjoyed my time with the game. I'd definitely say it's reinvigorated my interest in Digmon! Here's hoping this does well so we can get Next Order. I'll probably give Re:Digitize a try sometime in the future since it has a fan translation.

Also, here was my final team. Loved these guys!

t5C4gNd.jpg

Reszo

So is Imperialdramon PM even possible on hard mode? Dude moves a ton of times for each time I move once, and I'm using a team of level 99 megas

I just beat him, i guess it's just a battle of endurance. Kill the clones on the left and right. And then you just have to spam revive items and muscle through his omni blade attack spam since it will one shot you and then he will just kill himself. If you use Jesmon, he has an skill that makes him invincible. When he says "Forefathers sword?" just guard.

ReaperXL7

Ok guys I really have to ask WTF is up with Digimon and shit?

You have these Sukamon guys (love the mad exp boosts) but they are various colors of shit piles and throw shit which is weird by itself because that means that piles of shit are taking a shit and then using said shit as a shitty weapon.

Then you have this hairy little testicle monster with sunglasses who pops a squat dropping a big pink load into his hands and then precedes to dunk it on his enemies. There are so many references and images of shit/poop/crap in this game that it makes me feel like I'm reading a thread in OT.

I love this game I just don't understand why it's soo shitty.

(Also ShineGraymon makes me think of Shining Gundam so whenever I go into battle I replace the battle music with this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ny24zPeQLks )

Ok guys I really have to ask WTF is up with Digimon and shit?

You have these Sukamon guys (love the mad exp boosts) but they are various colors of shit piles and throw shit which is weird by itself because that means that piles of shit are taking a shit and then using said shit as a shitty weapon.

Then you have this hairy little testicle monster with sunglasses who pops a squat dropping a big pink load into his hands and then precedes to dunk it on his enemies. There are so many references and images of shit/poop/crap in this game that it makes me feel like I'm reading a thread in OT.

I love this game I just don't understand why it's soo shitty.

(Also ShineGraymon makes me think of Shining Gundam so whenever I go into battle I replace the battle music with this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ny24zPeQLks )

I think it all stems from it originally being a virtual pet. Poop is a big deal in those. It teaches the valuable life lesson that if you don't clean up your pet's poop, they will become poop (or things associated with poop).

Dugna

Just wondering, where would you get Steel will to digivolve Koromon into Hackmon? I kinda really want Jesmon now, and no not because of his abiltiiy he just looks cool.

Just wondering, where would you get Steel will to digivolve Koromon into Hackmon? I kinda really want Jesmon now, and no not because of his abiltiiy he just looks cool.

If you're at the point where you can actually get Jesmon you'll have already gotten the steel will

on the ds? if you like to babysit yeah

its basically a trainer simulator for digimon

the world games (ds/dawn/dusk) are fun too if you're interested, it's pretty similar to this but 2d and more digimon, has terrible dungeons too

Well I have Dusk, which I rebought after finding it again since I liked it.

Both Terrible dungeons and fuck awful encounter rates D:

But that's a shame for Championships

dangeraaron10

Unconfirmed Member
What's the quickest way to get XP in the game?

PlatinumSukamon (they have an inheret skill that increases XP gain, this stacks with more PlatinumPoops in the front party)

Each one has all of their held items be Tactician USBs (items that increase XP gain, they stack with each other and stack with the PlatinumPoops).

PlatinumNumemons are the mega versions that can hold an additional USB each.

You'll have to wear a neck brace after experiencing those XP gain speeds.

It's a weird as hell way to get XP but it gets results like no other. Only in a Digimon game.

Think of it like a microtransaction, but instead of "this much money/game credits per minute", think of it using your dignity/per minute as a currency.

Yep, I'm out. The grind for the medals has transcended far beyond the realms of reality. Spent about 851k yen trying to get the last medal out of the Akihabara gacha I needed and still couldn't manage it.

I finally understand why there's such a low completion rate for those medal trophies.

2 questions, whats a good healing digimon (and how do i get it)? I just beat the ch3 boss and boy did that take forever, went into that fight with like 33 healing c that ive been finding, finished it with about 12.

Also how are u guys farming exp? Pls explain step by step if possible.

Top Bottom