• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth |OT| The Prodigious Mon Returns (Courtesy of a Petition)

Eh, nah. I'd rather grind longer. Why is there literally a shit monster?

It comes from the virtual pet. It was the Digimon you got when you sucked at raising them.

At this point he's one of the most recognizable Digimon.

NeuzpQC.gif

(I hate him so much, for so many reasons...)

dangeraaron10

Unconfirmed Member
Eh, nah. I'd rather grind longer. Why is there literally a shit monster?

Eh, tradition I guess. Back when Digimon first started out you cared for your Digimon as it was an actual pet. That included food, sleep, and using the potty. Extreme neglect of your Digimon would result in horrible digivolutions, like Numemon (a slime monster) and Sukamon (a literal shit monster) as punishment.

Why are they still here when Digimon act more like people than like animals, I don't know. I would be glad if they somehow didn't get into a new game, but I think the shit is here to stay. Literally.

The only reason these things are even things, is because apparently their Gold and Platinum varieties give massive money and XP gains, respectively. Though once you have your teams of level 99 megas (which you get stupid fucking quick if you use all Plat shit monsters with 6-9 stacking Tactician USBs) as opposed to nearly endless hours of grinding, you can just ditch the poops.

Yu Narukami

German sales charts

01 (NE) [PS4] NATURO SHIPPUDEN: ULTIMATE NINJA STORM 4
02 (01) [PS4] CALL OF DUTY: BLACK OPS III (>500K)
03 (NE) [PS4] DIGIMON STORY: CYBER SLEUTH
04 (NE) [PC] XCOM 2
05 (NE) [PC] AMERICAN TRUCK SIMULATOR STARTER PACK: CALIFORNIA

We do it

Ich bin nur ein großer Träumer 
doch ich weiß es kommt der Tag 
irgendwann werden dann 
meine Träume wahr

L95

Yep, I'm out. The grind for the medals has transcended far beyond the realms of reality. Spent about 851k yen trying to get the last medal out of the Akihabara gacha I needed and still couldn't manage it.

I finally understand why there's such a low completion rate for those medal trophies.

Wait, you only get specific medals from certain machines? oh boy...

Jigorath

Banned
German sales charts

01 (NE) [PS4] NATURO SHIPPUDEN: ULTIMATE NINJA STORM 4
02 (01) [PS4] CALL OF DUTY: BLACK OPS III (>500K)
03 (NE) [PS4] DIGIMON STORY: CYBER SLEUTH
04 (NE) [PC] XCOM 2
05 (NE) [PC] AMERICAN TRUCK SIMULATOR STARTER PACK: CALIFORNIA

We do it

Very nice Germany.

Ich bin nur ein großer Träumer 
doch ich weiß es kommt der Tag 
irgendwann werden dann 
meine Träume wahr

Imagine the sales if they actually included a German localization. That's still pretty important in Germany.

Lost Song got one after the success of Hollow Fragment, so I bet it'll be the same with Digimon :)

Du weißt genau
Die Reise muss weitergehn
Gib nicht auf
Es wird noch viel geschehn

Und jeder Wunsch wird in Erfüllung geeeeeehn

This and multiplayer trophy is a sure fire way for me to not be interested in a Platinum

Actually, that one is pretty manageable. The online does have bots basically that you can play against and it's rather easy to tell which are. Most of the time, they'll have a name in all caps as well as not showing their location in the duel confirmation screen. I maybe fought 4-5 players in total of the 30 wins needed for it, the rest were some rather interesting setups in those bot matches.

Actually, that one is pretty manageable. The online does have bots basically that you can play against and it's rather easy to tell which are. Most of the time, they'll have a name in all caps as well as not showing their location in the duel confirmation screen. I maybe fought 4-5 players in total of the 30 wins needed for it, the rest were some rather interesting setups in those bot matches.

Wait, you mean you can choose to face bots?

Wait, you mean you can choose to face bots?

You don't even have to duel someone you don't want to. Both parties need to agree to the battle before it starts, so you can just keep trying till you either get a bot, or get someone with in-training/rookies and you really want to bully them. You can't "choose" to face anyone, it's all random for the online. So you're going to need some patience in getting the bots in general.

It comes from the virtual pet. It was the Digimon you got when you sucked at raising them.

At this point he's one of the most recognizable Digimon.

(I hate him so much, for so many reasons...)

Eh, tradition I guess. Back when Digimon first started out you cared for your Digimon as it was an actual pet. That included food, sleep, and using the potty. Extreme neglect of your Digimon would result in horrible digivolutions, like Numemon (a slime monster) and Sukamon (a literal shit monster) as punishment.

Why are they still here when Digimon act more like people than like animals, I don't know. I would be glad if they somehow didn't get into a new game, but I think the shit is here to stay. Literally.

The only reason these things are even things, is because apparently their Gold and Platinum varieties give massive money and XP gains, respectively. Though once you have your teams of level 99 megas (which you get stupid fucking quick if you use all Plat shit monsters with 6-9 stacking Tactician USBs) as opposed to nearly endless hours of grinding, you can just ditch the poops.

Thanks for the answers. Considering there are apparently some fan-favorites missing in this game, I do not get why they'd have this thing over others they could have spent money and time creating. Tradition/callbacks I guess.

Any chances of Namco Bandai fixing the occasional localization quirks I've heard about? Like multiple choice questions not accepting the correct input, some mistranslations most likely caused by lack of context given to translators, etc.?

I'm interested in picking this up, was thinking about getting the physical Asia English version, but I've heard that doesn't work with any DLC but PAL/European PSN DLC? I live in the US, so I decided I'll probably just relent to getting this digital, especially because the bonuses this month are only offered that way I guess. Even people with pre-orders are having trouble getting it because of a lack of codes because Namco Banzai didn't expect so many people to buy?

And I wish the DLC was cross-buy, so if I really liked the game I could get it digital now, and buy a physical copy on PS4 later or something, and hopefully be able to use the themes on both PS4 and Vita, and keep the saves cross-compatible. But I've heard even having DLC in one copy and not the other will break cross-save, so what do you all think the odds are on some fixes rolling out for this stuff? It seems at the very least Namco Bandai has to issue out more code to people who pre-ordered, right?

Most people's impressions in here seem really positive, so what does everyone think of the reviews the game has been getting? I know that reviews are not the first and last word on a game's quality, but I can't say I'm not dissapointed more reviewers haven't given the game much over a 7. Do you think that this is part of a larger shift of reviews to use the full score spexturm a little more responsibly and that they are really saying the game is "pretty good" rather than the connotation 7 has held for a while in the game review business of "just better than alright"?

Personally, I have a few 7 games I really like, so I'm personally not worried about liking the game. I just wish the game had higher scores so more people could easily see it as a good game and try it out. But maybe reviewers are "on the whole" shifting the range of criticism back towards making 5 the true middle range. It seems like Destructoid's little description of "seven" in the Digimon review is an indicator of that I think.

One final thing, for those with both versions, how do the versions compare, and is the PS4 version visually about what one would expect from a Wii U Pokemon game or what? Is it worth double-dipping, if not what would you personally recommend. I'll probably defer to the Vita version regardless, but thought I'd ask to gauge opinions, if you don't mind.

Just got to chapter 11. Been mostly just skipping over the plot but now it's finally gotten interesting now that it's more or less Savers Royal Knight's arc.

When does the game start to get..."dark"? I'm on chapter 7, and the darkest I've seen were
the girl that was run over and Arata's friend being possessed by Wisemon

The small plot twists so far are interesting.

Also, what's the fastest way to get a lot of money?

silva1991

How to unlock great challenge 8? I beat challenge 7 and no new challenge was added to the board.

When does the game start to get..."dark"? I'm on chapter 7, and the darkest I've seen were
the girl that was run over and Arata's friend being possessed by Wisemon

The small plot twists so far are interesting.

Also, what's the fastest way to get a lot of money?

chapter

to get money get goldnumemon and billionaire USBs.

dangeraaron10

Unconfirmed Member
So you have your main party of 3, then you have 8 in reserve. I'm also hearing about "Farms", do they act like PCs from Pokemon for storage with the added benefit of acquiring items? (specifically those coveted Tactician USBs)

So that's up to 11 Digimon you can have out at once? Can you freely swap them out? That's fascinating, and I can hardly think of Mons to fill those up, aside from the inevitable platinum poops I'd need to actually level them.

I got a question about jogress/dna digivoving does the ABI of the two combine? For example if ExVeemon ABI was 50 and Stingmon's ABI was 50 would Paildramon gain 100 ABI or it's random?

Reszo

So you have your main party of 3, then you have 8 in reserve. I'm also hearing about "Farms", do they act like PCs from Pokemon for storage with the added benefit of acquiring items? (specifically those coveted Tactician USBs)

So that's up to 11 Digimon you can have out at once? Can you freely swap them out? That's fascinating, and I can hardly think of Mons to fill those up, aside from the inevitable platinum poops I'd need to actually level them.

Yeah farms also give a steady flow of exp to digimon in them, items, can also use them to train specific stats for your digimon.

Yup you have them all out and can switch freely. If a boss OHKOs 3 digimon, you next 3 comes out.

It'll be a breeze to level with the plat poops since all 11 get the same amount of exp from battle.

I got a question about jogress/dna digivoving does the ABI of the two combine? For example if ExVeemon ABI was 50 and Stingmon's ABI was 50 would Paildramon gain 100 ABI or it's random?

nope, depending on who you digivolve from, that will be the stats the jogressed digimon gets. If you go from ExVeemon, Stingmon will just be consumed like a item and Paildramon will have ExVeemon's stats. The ABI still goes up but it doesn't get combined.

Thanks for the answers. Considering there are apparently some fan-favorites missing in this game, I do not get why they'd have this thing over others they could have spent money and time creating. Tradition/callbacks I guess.

Any chances of Namco Bandai fixing the occasional localization quirks I've heard about? Like multiple choice questions not accepting the correct input, some mistranslations most likely caused by lack of context given to translators, etc.?

I'm interested in picking this up, was thinking about getting the physical Asia English version, but I've heard that doesn't work with any DLC but PAL/European PSN DLC? I live in the US, so I decided I'll probably just relent to getting this digital, especially because the bonuses this month are only offered that way I guess. Even people with pre-orders are having trouble getting it because of a lack of codes because Namco Banzai didn't expect so many people to buy?

And I wish the DLC was cross-buy, so if I really liked the game I could get it digital now, and buy a physical copy on PS4 later or something, and hopefully be able to use the themes on both PS4 and Vita, and keep the saves cross-compatible. But I've heard even having DLC in one copy and not the other will break cross-save, so what do you all think the odds are on some fixes rolling out for this stuff? It seems at the very least Namco Bandai has to issue out more code to people who pre-ordered, right?

Most people's impressions in here seem really positive, so what does everyone think of the reviews the game has been getting? I know that reviews are not the first and last word on a game's quality, but I can't say I'm not dissapointed more reviewers haven't given the game much over a 7. Do you think that this is part of a larger shift of reviews to use the full score spexturm a little more responsibly and that they are really saying the game is "pretty good" rather than the connotation 7 has held for a while in the game review business of "just better than alright"?

Personally, I have a few 7 games I really like, so I'm personally not worried about liking the game. I just wish the game had higher scores so more people could easily see it as a good game and try it out. But maybe reviewers are "on the whole" shifting the range of criticism back towards making 5 the true middle range. It seems like Destructoid's little description of "seven" in the Digimon review is an indicator of that I think.

One final thing, for those with both versions, how do the versions compare, and is the PS4 version visually about what one would expect from a Wii U Pokemon game or what? Is it worth double-dipping, if not what would you personally recommend. I'll probably defer to the Vita version regardless, but thought I'd ask to gauge opinions, if you don't mind.

I don't see Bandai Namco fixing anything related to the localization quirks. The DLC situation is being looked into, don't know if cross-save will be fixed too. If the game is selling well, they might be more motivated.

Honestly, I can see why reviewers would give it 7-8's. It's a good game, but it makes a few missteps that could put people off a bit. The story starts a little bland, digivolving isn't explained well enough, dungeons get repetitive, etc. I would rate it higher myself, but I'm a bit biased because I love monster collecting and Digimon, which this game does really well.

The Vita version looks great and the only real difference between the two is the resolution and frame rate. Go with your preference.

dangeraaron10

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah farms also give a steady flow of exp to digimon in them, items, can also use them to train specific stats for your digimon.

Yup you have them all out and can switch freely. If a boss OHKOs 3 digimon, you next 3 comes out.

It'll be a breeze to level with the plat poops since all 11 get the same amount of exp from battle.

nope, depending on who you digivolve from, that will be the stats the jogressed digimon gets. If you go from ExVeemon, Stingmon will just be consumed like a item and Paildramon will have ExVeemon's stats. The ABI still goes up but it doesn't get combined.

Thanks man! That's incredibly interesting and I'm even slightly more excited than I already was.

Nightbird

Gut gemacht Deutschland!

Well, with that said, Guys help me out please:

Lillymon finally reached level 55, Wich means I can digivolve her in either Magnadramon, Lotusmon, or Rosemon.

Lillymon is my strongest Data type digimon, and had the role as aggressive healer so far.

Wich of those three Mega level digimon would be the best at continuing what Lillymon has been doing so far?

Reszo

Gut gemacht Deutschland!

Lillymon finally reached level 55, Wich means I can digivolve her in either Magnadramon, Lotusmon, or Rosemon.

Lillymon is my strongest Vaccine type digimon, and had the role as aggressive healer so far.

Wich of those three Mega level digimon would be the best at continuing what Lillymon has been doing so far?

Probably Rosemon,
Here's info on Rosemon, shows skills learned and typing - http://www.gamefaqs.com/vita/757436-digimon-story-cyber-sleuth/faqs/71778?page=19#section1766
and
Lotosmon
http://www.gamefaqs.com/vita/757436-digimon-story-cyber-sleuth/faqs/71778?page=19#section1770

MongKey

Gut gemacht Deutschland!

Lillymon is my strongest Vaccine type digimon, and had the role as aggressive healer so far.

Magnadramon is Vaccine/Light while both Lotusmon and Rosemon are Data/Plant. All three learn great group heal skill; two of them learn X-Aura while Rosemon learns Final Aura. Magnadramon also learns Perfect Revival.

So if you want to keep the Vaccine typing then Magnadramon is your choice though you can go whichever. Keep in mind that Magnadramon use 20 memory while the other two uses 18 memory.

Nightbird

Rosemon looks like the best out of the bunch here. Great healing skills while having good offensive stats is what I was searching for!

Magnadramon is Vaccine/Light while both Lotusmon and Rosemon are Data/Plant. All three learn great group heal skill; two of them learn X-Aura while Rosemon learns Final Aura. Magnadramon also learns Perfect Revival.

So if you want to keep the Vaccine typing then Magnadramon is your choice though you can go whichever. Keep in mind that Magnadramon use 20 memory while the other two uses 18 memory.

Yeah, I messed up, Lillymon is actually a Data type. I dunno how I confused the two of them :$

I will go for Rosemon,but I will Try to get Magnadramon somewhere down the line too, because perfect revival sounds like a great skill too!

MongKey

On that note just to be sure- do dead digimons still gain EXP? I'm guessing no but if yes I would not waste my revive item on them lol
No, dead digimon don't get EXP.

Yeah, I messed up, Lillymon is actually a Data type. I dunno how I confused the two of them :$

I will go for Rosemon,but I will Try to get Magnadramon somewhere down the line too, because perfect revival sounds like a great skill too!
Lol, don't worry. FYI, Ophanimon also learn both Final Aura and Perfect Revival.

MongKey

Do the Digimon in the farm gain EXP based on the time they've been there, or on something like player movement?
I'm guessing time in play (e.g. when character can be controlled, cutscenes etc. but not in menus) since my digimons in the farm level up from me just leaving the game on while doing other stuffs.

Raxious

I've heard it's player movement from multiple people but I've had my Mons' level up from me just standing in place using Function Call Lv. 2.

Time only.

I'm guessing time in play (e.g. when character can be controlled, cutscenes etc. but not in menus) since my digimons in the farm level up from me just leaving the game on while doing other stuffs.

that's good to know, then I'm just gonna leave the game on while I do other stuff :p

Samaritan

So I just reached Chapter 6 and decided to look at my Mirror Dungeons, with only Digital Network I, II, and IV available to me. Did I straight up miss Digital Network III, or do these unlock out of order?

Syntsui

I lost one of the Victory Uchida's card. Will I only be able to get the trophy if I start a New Game+ and do everything again up until the point he appears on the specific chapter?

ReaperXL7

I know a lot of these digimon just from the brief experience that I had with the show back when it first started but can someone tell me who Prince Mamemon is?

latest

He's a Mega apparently but that looks like a straight evil psycho to me, he looks like the type that would haunt the digi-destined in their worst nightmares but he also just kind of looks like a Digi Pacman.

Tirod

So am I missing something to get in on the Tactical USB train?

I've got 10 Builder Digimon on the farm, I'm choosing the 1000 Yen option, and yet I'm only getting items like Friendship.

Syntsui

So am I missing something to get in on the Tactical USB train?

I've got 10 Builder Digimon on the farm, I'm choosing the 1000 Yen option, and yet I'm only getting items like Friendship.

Did you pray to the RNG god? That's the most important step.

Top Bottom