• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth |OT| The Prodigious Mon Returns (Courtesy of a Petition)

So am I missing something to get in on the Tactical USB train?

I've got 10 Builder Digimon on the farm, I'm choosing the 1000 Yen option, and yet I'm only getting items like Friendship.

The drop rate is 1-5%, it can require a lot of resetting if unlucky. You can save just before Mirei messages you, check the message to see if a Tactician USB has dropped and reset if not. I'd recommend trying to set up a second farm and have it complete development at the same time as the first, that way you get two drops for each reset.

Nightbird

I've got 10 Builder Digimon on the farm, I'm choosing the 1000 Yen option, and yet I'm only getting items like Friendship.

It's random what you get, and the possibility for tactican USB is pretty low as far as I know

Tirod

I see, RNGsus has come to strike me down in yet another game. I've already timed a good save for resets (I only have to wait 10 seconds for a digiline message).

I guess I'll pull something up on Netflix while I do this, thanks guys.

maouvin

Really wish my Okuwamon could use his def-piercing attack more than 4 times before running out of SP.
I need another mon to help with eaters.

Same, but with two farms. Freedom Wars completely burned me out of save scumming for life, so I'm just letting things happen naturally
for now

Can someone explain to me how I can feed my Digimon food in the farm? Also, I have a Lilamon around level 80 which I'm trying to digivolve to a Lilithmon but the latter's INT requirement of 250 is pretty high and I'm not sure if my Lilamon will reach it. She currently has 206 INT. Also, does equipping an INT increaser item count toward the stat requirement?

I've read about training digimon to increase their abilities but I thought that just increased their level? Is there any difference in farm leveling and random battle grinding?

MongKey

But why wouldn't you choose the fabulous pink dragon though?
Well, I'm not dissing the fabulous pink dragon, I'm just relaying info :p I have one of those fabulous pink dragon
before I devolve and evolve it to Ophanimon >:D
, don't shoot me down lol.

Serious talk, that pink dragon is a beast with its HP. She'll never die lol.

Can someone explain to me how I can feed my Digimon food in the farm? Also, I have a Lilamon around level 80 which I'm trying to digivolve to a Lilithmon but the latter's INT requirement of 250 is pretty high and I'm not sure if my Lilamon will reach it. She currently has 206 INT. Also, does equipping an INT increaser item count toward the stat requirement?

I've read about training digimon to increase their abilities but I thought that just increased their level? Is there any difference in farm leveling and random battle grinding?
At the farm menu, press right on the d-pad or push right on the analog stick.The cursor will then go to one of the digimon in your farm. Select one and press "X" to feed him food. Press "Square" to change the food items. Be warn that the digimon might refuse to eat the food so save before feeding them expensive foods.

The farm not only levels up your digimon but it also give your digimon permanent stats bonus if you choose the command to train. The bonus stats that goes up depends on your leader personality.

Durable = HP
Lively = SP
Fighter = ATK
Defender = DEF
Brainy = INT
Nimble = SPD
Builder = Increases chance to gain better items during develop
Searcher = Increases chance to gain generic quests and items during investigation

The digimon own personality also affect what stats they gain during training. For example, a brainy digimon who is training with a brainy leader will gain INT faster.

The bonus stats has a CAP and is calculated by, (Digimon's ABI/2)+50 with 100 being the MAX amount a digimon can have.

You can also reduce a digimon bonus stats in one area to reduce its total bonus stats so that you can specifically gain stats in other area. You reduce said stats using stat restraint chips. For example, a digimon have 50 bonus stats on both ATK and INT but you want all 100 bonus stats to go to INT. Use the ATK restraint chips to reduce its bonus ATK and then train him on INT until max.

Stats increasing equipments doesn't count towards evolution. Only the digimon base+bonus stats count.

There's no difference between leveling in the farm or on the field. Even level 99 digimon can still train in the farm to gain bonus stats.

Rizzi

So I should put digimon I'm not using on the farm and have them do stuff instead of just having them sit in the bank right?

Stuart444

So I should put digimon I'm not using on the farm and have them do stuff instead of just having them sit in the bank right?

Might as well, there isn't a drawback to having them in the farm.

There is even a trophy for having all farms filled with 10 Digimon each in them.

MongKey

Yup. It helps early on since you can use the farm to train many different type of digimons to use as backups for your main team if you're having trouble with bosses etc.

Just unlocked "Great Challenges" and yeah they do test you. Sad the second one's rewards suck, but I need to do them all to get the eggs.

Stuart444

Man fuck white imperialdramon

shit is annoying

he was 1 hit from death, but my last attacks did 0 damage wth?

Haha, Paladin Mode was the toughest (of the RKs) for me before. I think I won on the second/third time after getting wiped out by some insta kill moves.

klee123

Just started playing this game with no idea what to expect and all I gotta say is........

This is pretty much a Persona game with a different skin isn't it?

Stuart444

It's not fair when he spams omni sword and doesn't give me a chance to do anything

Yeah, I think when he does that, it's like an enrage mode in an MMO. Once he does that, it's GAME OVER no matter how fast you are

I never figrued out how it happens, I just tried again and killed a different one first than the first one I killed last attempt.

It's not fair when he spams omni sword and doesn't give me a chance to do anything
You gotta buckle up and survive five of these until you can finish him off. I don't remember if you can beat him before he goes into rage mode, I survived the hits once and didn't try it again.

I remember only one or two of my Digimon survived, but it was enough to take him out.

Stuart444

You gotta buckle up and survive five of these until you can finish him off. I don't remember if you can beat him before he goes into rage mode, I survived the hits once and didn't try it again.

You can, I know I did. but I forget how honestly, I just know after each failure, I just targeted a different one from the start. Did it in 2 or 3 shots.

edit: If you have Jesmon, he has a skill that might be able to help but only if he uses it right before he does his slash attack. (nullifies dmg until his next turn, his speed should be slow enough that all the slashes go off before Jesmon's next turn)

Nightbird

Okay is there a way to raise ABI without devolution or miracle meat? MetalGarurumon just needs four more points in order to have BlackOmnimon later, and I don't want to waste the last miracle meat >.>

kubus

Game was completely sold out on release day here in the Netherlands and I am still waiting for my pre-order. Seeing this thread on the first page everytime is so painful.

The wait is getting kind of unbearable now so I think I'll just rewatch Digimon Adventure in the meantime and familiarize myself with the many digimon again :p.

Stuart444

Ca8FkkhWcAE2ltQ.jpg:orig

I now have all the Digimon Savers megas :D.

This is actually very similar to my JP team but with the addition of Mastemon and GranKuwagamon.

How do I unlock Digital Network VII and VIII in the Digilab? I already did all the side missions and I'm in post game already.

Have you beaten all the Royal Knight quests? if not, some of them may take place in those Digital Networks.

If you have, they may be available through normal means. The Mirror Dungeon is mainly for places not accessible in any other way.

MongKey

Okay is there a way to raise ABI without devolution or miracle meat? MetalGarurumon just needs four more points in order to have BlackOmnimon later, and I don't want to waste the last miracle meat >.>
Unfortunately, no. Only miracle meat can increase ABI outside of devolution.

Although, you can get more if you have beaten the Royal Knights sideuests and giving their medals to the medal guy. From the gamefaqs guide:
Royal Knights (ロイヤルナイツ): Three Miracle Meat (ミラクル肉).
- Obtain all the Royal Knights medals from the Great Challenge requests.

Senketsu

I now have all the Digimon Savers megas :D.

This is actually very similar to my JP team but with the addition of Mastemon and GranKuwagamon.

Have you beaten all the Royal Knight quests? if not, some of them may take place in those Digital Networks.

If you have, they may be available through normal means. The Mirror Dungeon is mainly for places not accessible in any other way.

Yes, I have beaten all of them.Then, does anyone know how can I access those places? I needed to encounter some Digimon for medals.

Nightbird

Unfortunately, no. Only miracle meat can increase ABI outside of devolution.

Although, you can get more if you have beaten the Royal Knights sideuests and giving their medals to the medal guy. From the gamefaqs guide:
Royal Knights (ロイヤルナイツ): Three Miracle Meat (ミラクル肉).
- Obtain all the Royal Knights medals from the Great Challenge requests.

Oh well, better than nothing I guess.

Thanks for the reply!

I don't see Bandai Namco fixing anything related to the localization quirks. The DLC situation is being looked into, don't know if cross-save will be fixed too. If the game is selling well, they might be more motivated.

Honestly, I can see why reviewers would give it 7-8's. It's a good game, but it makes a few missteps that could put people off a bit. The story starts a little bland, digivolving isn't explained well enough, dungeons get repetitive, etc. I would rate it higher myself, but I'm a bit biased because I love monster collecting and Digimon, which this game does really well.

The Vita version looks great and the only real difference between the two is the resolution and frame rate. Go with your preference.

Thanks for answering. Too bad about the localization, if you're right I guess some Digimon just like to troll with those multiple choice questions, huh?

Thanks for your "score" and impressions of the two versions. I guess no real point to buying both unless one goes on sale, right? Then I'll probably go Vita.

How much more similar is this to SMT/Persona than Pokemon? Just curious, I don't think I've heard much about say, elemental weaknesses being in this game. Instead it seems like there is some kind of "brainy"/"brawny" dynamic?

Stuart444

Can you start with them and then switch them out? Or do they have to be in the front line when the battle ends?

When the battle ends so if you have a good handle on it, you can switch them in at the end.

How much more similar is this to SMT/Persona than Pokemon? Just curious, I don't think I've heard much about say, elemental weaknesses being in this game. Instead it seems like there is some kind of "brainy"/"brawny" dynamic?

There is Elemental weaknesses but they are secondary to the triangle of Virus -> Data -> Vaccine -> Virus.

Free/Neutral types are not weak to any of the triangle.

For instance, if a Virus type is against another virus type, they will do neutral dmg, if they have an elemental attack strong against the other virus type, it will do 1.5x instead of it's normal dmg.

However if it's against a data type, it will either do 2.0x dmg or 3.0x dmg if the move is an element that the data type is weak against.

just an example.

True Fire

It's basically a Digimon remake of Soul Hackers. It doesn't really have much in common with Pokemon.

Andrefpvs

Just got my physical EU PS4 copy! :D

I must know, though: is it safe already to redeem my DLC code? Will I get all the content right now?

Stuart444

Just got my physical EU PS4 copy! :D

I must know, though: is it safe already to redeem my DLC code? Will I get all the content right now?

Maybe? if not, there is no harm in redeeming it now anyway since we have to wait on Sony/Bamco to fix it (probably Sony since it's their network but hey...) and it will appear on your DL list when it's fixed.

AyanFaust

Banned
Anyone know if the medal man's medals transfer in a ng plus? I'd like to go for plat, but I've already missed some of uchida's stuff, so I'm wondering if I should just not give any more medals to the medal man since items carry over.

Top Bottom