• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth |OT| The Prodigious Mon Returns (Courtesy of a Petition)

Lexxism

Is there any reason to cap a digimon level before de/digievolving it? Or should I just do it asap?

Also can black garurumon evolve into black metalgarurumon?
From what I noticed, the higher the level is before you digivolve/de-digivolve the higher the ABI you will get. So, a level 50 Koromon has more ABI to gain than level 30 Koromon when he de-digivolve.

So a question for people who finished the game or are pretty deep into it already. What can I expect from the story and story presentation from this game?

It has pretty generic missions until chapter 10 then it gets pretty good(im on chapter 15 so far) Definitely has a SMT vibe to it but not as good. Still very enjoyable.

Will I be able to buy those items that increase certain stats? Some of those requirements for leveling up seem to be a bit too high (or maybe I'm underestimating training in the farm).

Reszo

Will I be able to buy those items that increase certain stats? Some of those requirements for leveling up seem to be a bit too high (or maybe I'm underestimating training in the farm).

They unlock in the digifarm shop in chapter 19, so close to the end of the game. And yeah max intensity training(30 min one) in the farm will shoot your digimon stats up, granted they have high/max ABI

T.O.P

Banned
So a question for people who finished the game or are pretty deep into it already. What can I expect from the story and story presentation from this game?

There's a bit of filler sometimes but other than that it can get pretty damn good, ramps up especially after ch8

Just checking, is the Hagurumon quest in chapter 4 the dungeon that was said to be good for farming?

I've just realized what I'm missing- I need to legit sit down and study the evolution chart to plan out my Digimon team instead of just randomly digivolving for fun @_@

Stuart444

Thanks! I'll have a look see now. Don't think I've come across either of the aforementioned digimon tho

It's Pabumon who you will see not long into the game in Kowloon level 1.

Pabu -> Moti -> Haguru -> PlatSuka (bonus XP champion) -> Ete -> PlatNume (Bonus XP Mega)

Just checking, is the Hagurumon quest in chapter 4 the dungeon that was said to be good for farming?

I've just realized what I'm missing- I need to legit sit down and study the evolution chart to plan out my Digimon team instead of just randomly digivolving for fun @_@

yes.

Personally I'm just digivolving however when clearing the game. Not worrying about getting exactly what I want, I think it's more fun that way. I'm going to try and build my ideal team post-game, as it will be much easier then anyway, and I'm more likely to take them down the right path to get the correct movesets etc.

T.O.P

Banned
I gotta wonder, is there anyone that finished the game in HM without farming like a bitch with the usb method?

I mean, i have to see it to believe it, because the ch12 boss is some evil piece of shit

Stuart444

Guys, what is ABI and what's used for?

ABI = Ability, determines max level and bonus stats noted in brackets after your normal stats.

Bonus stats gained in the farm are calculated like so:

(ABI / 2) + 50 up to a max of 100 bonus stats which you would be able to get once you're ABI is 100.

It is also used for some Digivolutions.

It is raised by digivolving and de-digivolving.

I just keep getting annoyed that my protagonist has a definitive personality and speaks in texts and internal monologues but then in live conversations she just has punctuation marks that people react to as if she said something really specific instead of just having that fucking dialogue there.

There's like no self-insert here, I don't understand this nonsensical silent protagonist choice.

I just keep getting annoyed that my protagonist has a definitive personality and speaks in texts and internal monologues but then in live conversations she just has punctuation marks that people react to as if she said something really specific instead of just having that fucking dialogue there.

There's like no self-insert here, I don't understand this nonsensical silent protagonist choice.

She's a special kind of shy

TheFlow

Banned
latest

I am on chapter 11 and just maxed this guy out. His special move is amazing, plus he gets a awesome heal and revive.

The main character is in the worst place. Not blank slate enough to be a self-insert, but not developed enough to be a good character.

Venfayth

To what extent is stat maxing possible? Is there such a thing?

I got my Lilithmon to +100 int and she's level 99 now, am I done training her int?

ABI = Ability, determines max level and bonus stats noted in brackets after your normal stats.

Bonus stats gained in the farm are calculated like so:

(ABI / 2) + 50 up to a max of 100 bonus stats which you would be able to get once you're ABI is 100.

It is also used for some Digivolutions.

It is raised by digivolving and de-digivolving.

Thanks!

I'll pay more attention to this!

How do I increase my Digi Island max number? If not, how do I get another one?

Also, gems are safe to sell? I don't need them for any quest or anything?

How do I increase my Digi Island max number? If not, how do I get another one?

Also, gems are safe to sell? I don't need them for any quest or anything?

Gems are safe to sell, yes.

Digi Islands cap at 10 Digimon and 5 levels of boost to hold more items.
You get the items that boost the levels of islands as well as the item that adds new Digi Islands from Quest rewards.
Maaaaybe a chest too but I haven't seen one yet that I recall.

Delio

Player character puts too much detail into his food descriptions and Yuuko drools when she sees pics of food. Weird kids.

I remember they call your character "Worldly" at one point and how GREAT of a food critic he is kinda of points to that I guess? Tho how he's so good at judging food at whatever age he is ( going with 17) I dont know.

Stuart444

To what extent is stat maxing possible? Is there such a thing?

I got my Lilithmon to +100 int and she's level 99 now, am I done training her int?

Yes, if her Int is (+100) and her ABI is 100 that means you're done, only int bonuses she can get now are from Attach equip items. If She's brainy (which gives a TINY amount of int to her as well if you really care about stat maxing) then you've done as much as you can for her.

In Summary for maxing stat, the 3 things that are customization:

Attach equip items
Bonus stats
Personality.

Personality affects base stats in a small way, bonus stats are what's in brackets and attach equipment adds on to that which is why you may get say (+110) if you have an equipment item that says "+10 int" and the bonus stats is already at the max of 100 bonus stats overall.

You get the items that boost the levels of islands as well as the item that adds new Digi Islands from Quest rewards.

Yes, you get both farm expansions and plugins from chests. I just got several from the final dungeon.

Yes, you get both farm expansions and plugins from chests. I just got several from the final dungeon.

Okay thanks. So the rank up for the digi island is just for items?

Personally I'm just digivolving however when clearing the game. Not worrying about getting exactly what I want, I think it's more fun that way. I'm going to try and build my ideal team post-game, as it will be much easier then anyway, and I'm more likely to take them down the right path to get the correct movesets etc.

Well the thing is I noticed that for RPGs I tend to be very goal orientated. In games like Dark Souls and Dragon's Dogma it's all about getting my ideal weapon and build. In games like this and Persona, it's all about getting my ideal monster team XD

Stuart444

Okay thanks. So the rank up for the digi island is just for items?

Rank up allows more digifarm goods to be placed, 5 at the most. Also makes the island look bigger.

Also you get a trophy for maxing out the rank of 1 Digifarm and one for all Digifarms and one for having 5 Digifarms and on top of that, a trophy for having all Digifarms filled with 10 Digimon each.

Just mentioning it if you're interested in trophies :)

Possibly dumb question about Chapter 6.
I'm supposed to find some suspicious data on Kowloon level 1 and I think I found it but it won't let me use code scan on it! What am I doing wrong?

I'm supposed to find some suspicious data on Kowloon level 1 and I think I found it but it won't let me use code scan on it! What am I doing wrong?

Is it in red and you can't use it? If so, you need the right type of Digimon in your party to use it.
Each of those skills requires certain Digimon in order to use them.

Drop

To use Code scan you need a data type digimon in your party.

Is it in red and you can't use it? If so, you need the right type of Digimon in your party to use it.
Each of those skills requires certain Digimon in order to use them.

That solved it! Just needed a data type Digimon in my party. I knew it was a stupid question!

EDIT:
To use Code scan you need a data type digimon in your party.
You beat me to my own solution! Thanks regardless :)

Top Bottom