• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth |OT| The Prodigious Mon Returns (Courtesy of a Petition)

wrowa

I'm only in chapter 3, but the game kinda fails to keep my attention. I feel like I've been walking through the same boring dungeon a dozen times already. It's also ridiculously easy on normal, but I don't want to play on hard either, since - go back to point 1 - I don't feel like wasting more time than necessary in this dungeon I've already been in for too long.

I'm only in chapter 3, but the game kinda fails to keep my attention. I feel like I've been walking through the same boring dungeon a dozen times already. It's also ridiculously easy on normal, but I don't want to play on hard either, since - go back to point 1 - I don't feel like wasting more time than necessary in this dungeon I've already been in for too long.

The story is fairly bland until around Chapter 10, with only a couple quests being dark and interesting.
Are the Digimon/Digivolving mechanics not keeping you interested? I think that's the main selling point over the story.

How the hell is Flamedramon so strong in the Gold Cup?

Yeah I breezed through the rest with champions I was training up, used my ultimates and he was fine. The other two cups before were cake walks. The one after is easy as well.

The unbreakable bond of friendship between a Digimon and it's Tamer.

You mean courage obvs.

Really? I tossed his shit with an Etemon and two PlatinumSukamon.

Actually, I'm surprised how quickly I finished Bronze through Gold like that. I'll likely need to crank up the heat for Legendary though.

Yeah, without the platsuka experience farming you have a couple ultimates &champions at that point, which make him a challenge.

From what I've heard, it's the same as in Savers/Data Squad so they are keeping that consistent with an already localized name.

(and yes I think it's dumb just fyi)

Oh, then Studiopolis must have some of the worst dubbers. They changed the characters names to some American-ish names and had some crappy voice actors (for the roles that they were playing) - I'm still salty over the PS2 game being slow & VA being bad. Props to BN's team I guess. It makes no sense to go with King 'Drasil though, this is next level dumbness. /rant

Really? I tossed his shit with an Etemon and two PlatinumSukamon.

Actually, I'm surprised how quickly I finished Bronze through Gold like that. I'll likely need to crank up the heat for Legendary though.

Yeah I breezed through the rest with champions I was training up, used my ultimates and he was fine. The other two cups before were cake walks. The one after is easy as well.
I dunno. Maybe I didn't have a good team together. It doesn't help that I'm on Hard mode. I had two platsuka and a MirageGaogomon. Flamedramon's DEF is pretty high since most of my attacks didn't do much damage and he's FAST. >.<

Tirod

Alright update from my last post, I am now a part of the Tactician USB gravy train. I didn't have Developer-Know-Hows set up on my farm. Once I bought two and installed them, I got USBs to pop.

Currently have two PlatinumSukamon with 4 Tactician USB so I'm getting 16k+ exp in the Hagurumon dungeon. @_@

Now that I've had a sip from 4, I need to go to 6 lol.

I'd recommend keeping a set of Digimon at the level they're supposed to be at when fighting boss', they at least remain a challenge that way. I've been fine with playing on Normal since my Digimon were champions for a while because of that.

T.O.P

Banned
Alright update from my last post, I am now a part of the Tactician USB gravy train. I didn't have Developer-Know-Hows set up on my farm. Once I bought two and installed them, I got USBs to pop.

Currently have two PlatinumSukamon with 4 Tactician USB so I'm getting 16k+ exp in the Hagurumon dungeon. @_@

Now that I've had a sip from 4, I need to go to 6 lol.

git gud

12694940_10208449304134097_2772337334942307666_o.jpg

:p

Ultimadrago

It's so fuckin addicting

25 hours and I'm only now starting on my favored Digimon. I'm not sure if I should be upset or impressed. Haha.

Back in the Digimon World 2 days, I would DNA to Timbuk and back, so I guess I should be grateful that this brings the same enjoyment as that did (woth major improvements).

T.O.P

Banned
25 hours and I'm only now starting on my favored Digimon. I'm not sure if I should be upset or impressed. Haha.

Back in the Digimon World 2 days, I would DNA to Timbuk and back, so I guess I should be grateful that this brings the same enjoyment as that did (woth major improvements).

I donnow if i have to thank the totally broken Hard Mode or anything but i'm 70 hours in and yet to start ch12, half of the time i was trying every possible evolution pattern for the Digimon i had

Spent 15 hours on the Ch11 farming just before the final boss, i litterally had a endgame worthy team and still couldn't do shit against the guy :(

Dugna

I have two platsukamons and I'm grinding, yet I can't use function call to force fights....the requirements only say having a rookie or higher Neutral digimon...and Platsukamons are neutral....

so it has to be Free Neutral....uggh guess I'll see if I have one in the bank.

Thanks for answering all.
Nah, just free. Element doesn't matter. I had a Vikemon (free water) and was able to use it because of it.

That aside, I'm surprised Diaboromon is free and not a virus.

Venfayth

Dunno if this is a spoiler so don't click unless you're ch15-ish

Man, Rina Shinomiya is something else. She had an annoying first impression but she quickly won me over when she follows you through the portal.

Nah, just free. Element doesn't matter. I had a Vikemon (free water) and was able to use it because of it.

That aside, I'm surprised Diaboromon is free and not a virus.

Diaboromon is actually Unknown type, but since that type is OP (it beats every other type) and exclusive to a few Digimon, they stuck him as Free for this game.

I just keep getting annoyed that my protagonist has a definitive personality and speaks in texts and internal monologues but then in live conversations she just has punctuation marks that people react to as if she said something really specific instead of just having that fucking dialogue there.

There's like no self-insert here, I don't understand this nonsensical silent protagonist choice.

The main character is in the worst place. Not blank slate enough to be a self-insert, but not developed enough to be a good character.

Nokia even makes a fucking joke about it!
digimonstorycybersleu6yx6n.png

Venfayth

I think the worst part about the pseudo-silent protagonist is that it completely throws me for a loop when they start talking. It always takes me a few lines of dialogue to realize what's happening.

What are three good data Digimon with physical special attack? The boss of the legendary cup destroyed me.
You could use plesiomon who uses Magic, but has an int-piercing attack so it really doesn't matter if the opponent is strong against that. Piercing attacks in general are super powerful

Gerugamesh

Neo Member
Also, I finished the story about an hour ago. Clocked in at 57 hours and 53 minutes in the end, and this was definitely worthy of a pre-order.

Top Bottom