• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digital Foundry Retro: Shadow of the Ninja Reborn Review - A Peak Pixel Art Remake

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

Shadow of the Ninja has its origins on the NES, a Natsume-developed game that first launched way back in 1990. And now, Tengo Project re-imagines the original game for modern systems. What if polygon 3D never happened and developers continued to refine 2D pixel art? With this complete revamp of Shadow of the Ninja, we now have some idea of how that would have looked - and it's a simply fantastic game.

00:00 - Introduction
01:09 - What is Tengo Project?
02:02 - What is Shadow of the Ninja?
02:44 - Let's Compare to the NES
08:51 - Let's Talk Controls
10:15 - The Soundtrack is Awesome
11:21 - How Does it Perform?
12:08 - Gameplay and Wrap-up

Last edited:

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
One of the best games I've played this year - I haven't played much cuz of the stupid monkey game, but the first two areas was enough to convince me of this. Will play more next week and I can see myself replaying this game until I die. The save system is stupid though and they need to fix it somehow.

The pixel art and animation are insane and god-like btw. I wish they'd remake the first three 8-bit TMNT games, the very first one and the third one especially. Haven't played or bought The Ninja Saviors yey but I will.

Last edited:
Top Bottom