• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digital Foundry: Star Wars Outlaws - PS5/Xbox Series X|S Tech Review - A Standout Snowdrop Engine Effort

King Dazzar

Indoors were a bit shit compared to the outdoors, but since you are outdoors 95% of the time it really didn't matter.

On pc the game was straight up some of the best graphic available on the market.
Yeah I'm specifically talking about the PS5 version. The PC looked great on the high end shots I saw. But the low resolution and upscale/reconstruction on PS5 looked awful, particularly out doors. Where its trying to resolve so much detail of the jungle and the draw distances go further.

Fuck the ray tracing. I'd much rather have a higher base resolution/sharper image quality and solid 60fps. I prefer the Division 2 graphically because of this. Step backwards for me. £120 for an ultimate version at 720p with an unstable frame rate. Dream on Ubi.

Ray tracing never ends up looking better than the trade off of image quality and fps on current gen consoles. Wish devs would just stop it with RT.

Most RT implementations are such a scam. 20 fps hit for visuals you can't tell the difference without side-by-side stills

Sad this gen still can't muster native 1440p rendering at 60fps for most games.

I would’ve completely done away with RT in performance mode for a higher resolution, honestly. We know the current gen consoles aren’t that great at RT, so having it baked in even in performance mode with a giant open world game just seems like a head scratcher.

It has RT even in performance mode? what's the logic in that? have some nice lighting whatever and the rest in 720p-1080p? will wait like Jedi Survivor were it also had RT in performance mode and looked like crap before they patched it out.

My brothers. Rise up, my Anti-RT family! Fuck that nonsense!

Digital Foundry off their rocker to be this positive towards this game on console. Considering- 1. this is one of the biggest downgrades of the generation. 2. It's another example of how bad FSR2 is with near-Alan Wake 2 level of shimmering and 3) the bugs and inconsistency and 4) Avatar looked better already last year and 5) the amount of money they're charging

If I had paid $130 for this id be embarassed

ManaByte

Gold Member
I did and i stand by it.
And i am as blue as they come

Episode 7 Movie GIF by Star Wars

Top Bottom