• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Director drops out of Mission: Impossible 3, 1 month before start of shooting

Status
Not open for further replies.

FoneBone

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news04/040719b.php

The Hollywood Reporter has announced that Paramount Pictures is now seeking a new director for the job of helming a third "Mission: Impossible" movie after Joe Carnahan ("Narc") dropped out of the seat because of that infamous excuse - "creative differences". Rumours have already emerged that one of the possible reasons is a possible split with Tom Cruise over the script and direction of the project.

Carnahan came on board to direct the latest sequel in the popular franchise in February 2003 after David Fincher exited the project in favor of "Lords of Dogtown" (which itself is now in Catherine Hardwicke's hands).

Whoever takes over for him on MI3 has a lot to learn quickly (where's Brett Ratner when you need him) - the film remains scheduled to begin shooting as planned next month in Berlin. This news comes shortly after Paramount announced it was shifting the release date of the film by seven weeks, moving it from its original slot in the first week of May to June 29, 2005.

Thanks to 'Z' & 'Joe S'.

Dead

well not really...yet
Trevelyon said:
Fincher/Whedon to X3 in 2005!

Go! Go! Go!
Lets hope Whedon doesnt bring his "A" game!

OH OH GET IT GET IT? CUZ HE WROTE THAT GODAWFUL SHIT ALIEN RESURECTION!!!11!!!!1111!

ManaByte

Gold Member
DeadStar said:
Lets hope Whedon doesnt bring his "A" game!

OH OH GET IT GET IT? CUZ HE WROTE THAT GODAWFUL SHIT ALIEN RESURECTION!!!11!!!!1111!

Uh, his script wasn't ever used.

Trevelyon

DeadStar said:

Well if the studio doesn't take a huge shit all over his script, perhaps he will. ;)

effzee

couldnt fincher just come back now? i mean i would rather see him helm the project.

but whatever they do they better not get woo.

ahah it rhymes too...i made a funny.

Burger

You can't have a decent trilogy when the 2nd movie is boned.

LOTR = All good movies. Starwars 5,6,7 = All pretty good. Back to the Future = All good. Die Hard = Good. Terminator = All remain fairly good.

Sorry, but Mission Impossible 2 was a creative disaster of a film. Shite acting, shite script shite shite shite.

Fuck MI3, and fuck MI2. And fuck the American film audience for not understanding the plot of the first one.

Dead

well not really...yet
Trilogy != just having 3 movies in a series.

They have to have a running storyline that continues through each movie.

IMO anyways.

Dead

well not really...yet
ManaByte said:
What about Indiana Jones?
I wouldnt consider it a trilogy either since theire developping a 4th one.

if it doesnt get made, id just consider it a series of 3 great films. But probably still refer to it as a trilogy.

I just meant that imo thats what a trilogy should mean.

Burger said:
You can't have a decent trilogy when the 2nd movie is boned.

LOTR = All good movies. Starwars 5,6,7 = All pretty good. Back to the Future = All good. Die Hard = Good. Terminator = All remain fairly good.

Sorry, but Mission Impossible 2 was a creative disaster of a film. Shite acting, shite script shite shite shite.

Fuck MI3, and fuck MI2. And fuck the American film audience for not understanding the plot of the first one.

SHIT, I cant beive this, being the Star Wars fan I am and having never seen Episode 7 DAMNIT :(

And this isnt great news for MI:3, but there's still a chance it will be good, I hope they try to make it a bit more like the first, and less like the second in which it was suprising to not hear the like utterd "The names Hunt, Ethan Hunt" Because while I did like MI:2 and I am a Bond fan, it still wasnt the best idea to make MI:2 a Bond movie.

~Black Deatha

Boogie9IGN

Black Deatha said:
SHIT, I cant beive this, being the Star Wars fan I am and having never seen Episode 7 DAMNIT :(

:lol

Why the M:I2 hate? I loved that movie. Then again I love pretty much anything I see in theaters so meh

The first M:I still owns so hard

Trevelyon

I didn't mind it so much, though vastly inferior to the original, it was still a good, loud popcorn flick, though the "Dove-time" was fairly excessive, even for a Woo flick. But seeing Richard Roxborough getting absolutely pwn3d at the end, brought at smile to my face.

Burger

If 2 cars smash into each other and then explode in a ball of fire then somethings gone wrong somewhere in a film.

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
I bet the dispute was weather or not the terrorists should be white Russians.

In MI:2 they were white aussies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom