• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DiRT Rally is available on Steam Early Access

Arucardo

To anyone using a wheel... which button to use for the handbrake? Or are you all actually have a physical handbrake?

Also, I'm missing the option to use my shifter, only the pedal shifter behind the wheel are working. Where do I find the setting for it? Or is it that most Rally cars just don't use an H like shifter?

You have to switch on H-shifter or H-shifter+Clutch in the preferences menu to get the option to bind them in the controller options. I have the handbrake bound to a button on the wheel on opposite side to my shifter (I know, I know, it's not realistic, I'M SORRY!). I've tried using a gated shifter but it made me so much slower I went back to a sequential stick. I'll try it again when I'm better and more confident in my car handling.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
When is the Hillclikb arriving? That's at the end of this month isnt it?

The Pikes Peak patch was supposed to happen by the end of May but there hasn't been any definite timeframe announced, so I guess "soon" would be a more accurate date. I wouldn't be surprised if it slipped to early June. Next week would be fantastic though!

Makikou

The Pikes Peak patch was supposed to happen by the end of May but there hasn't been any definite timeframe announced, so I guess "soon" would be a more accurate date. I wouldn't be surprised if it slipped to early June. Next week would be fantastic though!

I'm betting on next week since the Pikes Peak achievements have been listed to Steam on Friday.

eg.

DiRTy Dancer
Win an Event at Pikes Peak (Mixed Surface) in the Peugeot 405 T16 Pikes Peak.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Man, today's event with the Lancia Stratos S4 was pretty fun. Sliding around corners pretty easy.

Thrakier

For some reason my Vsync turned off and I get mad tearing. Changing it ingame or forcing it through the driver panel doesn't help, keeps on tearing. I had the same problem at the very beginning but it went away and I don't know whey. Anyone got any idea?

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
I got a wheel and I don't know what the hell I am doing.

turn the wheel clockwise to go right

when you've mastered that, we'll move on to left turns

Seriously though it might feel pretty weird to start with, but you should soon be doing much better than you ever did with a controller.

kazinova

turn the wheel clockwise to go right

when you've mastered that, we'll move on to left turns

Seriously though it might feel pretty weird to start with, but you should soon be doing much better than you ever did with a controller.

QFT, I was sick to my stomach the first time I played using my G27 (it's not the most expensive wheel out there, pretty cheap infact, but it's still a lot to invest on a whim) feeling I had wasted my money. But after a month on iRacing I was pretty happy with the complete difference in skill cap.

Syroc

Tarsier Studios
Season 4 starts in 20 minutes. 70s and 80s cars. The service area is only available for every other stage. Other than that everything is the same.

Good luck and don't cut.

TheSeks

It was horrible, the S4 acts like a bulldozer. Plenty fast on the straights though.

Not for me. Probably because I was using a controller.

In fact: Made the top cut (barely) for the first time in my life on the daily from it. You wanted to keep it in third gear (50-60MPH) nearly the whole run and minimal slide (which should be easy with it IMO, don't even need a handbrake) around the hairpins. With a controller even.

Makikou

Not for me. Probably because I was using a controller.

In fact: Made the top cut (barely) for the first time in my life on the daily from it. You wanted to keep it in third gear nearly the whole run and minimal slide (which should be easy with it IMO, don't even need a handbrake) around the hairpins. With a controller even.

Drive the 205 first, then try the S4. The 205 actually responds what you do with the steering wheel :p

For myself, i finished 20th overall 50s behind fastest time.

TheSeks

Honestly, I'm shocked so many of you had problems with that daily. I thought my time was slow, as it generally is in the bottom/mid-tier cut-off times for the dailies. So I dunno how the hell so many people at the bottom were 30(!) mins behind. I mean like... how bad did all you struggle with it? :p

Makikou

Honestly, I'm shocked so many of you had problems with that daily. I thought my time was slow, as it generally is in the bottom/mid-tier cut-off times for the dailies. So I dunno how the hell so many people at the bottom were 30(!) mins behind. I mean like... how bad did all you struggle with it? :p

If you dump it into the ravine you get automatic retirement = shows as 30:00:000

Robaperas

I ended up on 3 wheels and 2:50 off the pace, not bad all things considered. Edit: Almost made it into the top tier :0

Shaneus

I'm also playing with a Xbox 360 pad and I find the Lancia just as awesome as the Peugeot. I didn't had any problem with it. D:

EDIT: Codemasters just twitted "dance like nobody's watching", with a pic of Pikes Peak. Is it out?! =O

https://twitter.com/dirtgame/status/602889405687205888
Oh god, they're doing the dirt version as well as paved? Fuuuuuuuck!

I think I'm buying this tonight. Even though my wheel setup is far from convenient, I think I need this.

Zeth

Oh wow, so beautiful.
happytears.gif
Even in the ultra shitty twitter pic.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Yeaaaahhh baby. Just finished the monthly event. Getting through 24 races without my car completely breaking down is hard as hell. I think my team was keeping my car together with twine and bubblegum by the end.

Shaneus

Still not owning this yet, am I wrong in thinking this has some of the (good) aspects of F2P games like daily challenges and such? That's how I'm interpreting what I'm seeing in this thread. It's a good thing, though! Not unlike the challenge system in Driveclub, I would assume.

Nopren

What exactly is the reason I should be excited about Pike's Peak? I have never heard of it before this game.
From what I gather I just drive uphill.

DD

Still not owning this yet, am I wrong in thinking this has some of the (good) aspects of F2P games like daily challenges and such? That's how I'm interpreting what I'm seeing in this thread. It's a good thing, though! Not unlike the challenge system in Driveclub, I would assume.

Daily, weekly and monthly challenges, and there's also the GAF League (plus the career mode and custom events).

What exactly is the reason I should be excited about Pike's Peak? I have never heard of it before this game.
From what I gather I just drive uphill.
You shouldn't be. If you don't know Pikes Peak, you simply don't care enough for this sport, so this game might not be for you.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
You shouldn't be. If you don't know Pikes Peak, you simply don't care enough for this sport, so this game might not be for you.
Come on, in the end it's a racing game. Don't have to care about the actual sport too much to appreciate it.

DD

Come on, in the end it's a racing game. Don't have to care about the actual sport too much to appreciate it.

Yeah, I agree with you. I was talking specifically about being excited about the Pikes Peak stuff. :p

EDIT:
Great, as if the normal courses in the game wasn't already a challenge.
But okay, it's a historic thing like the Fafe in Rally de Portugal. Always good with some new scenery.

That's what I meant. If you don't care enough about this stuff, Pikes Peak is just another venue like any other. It's an amazing course, but nothing to get overly excited aside the historical factor. :p

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Pike's Peak is out, 5.1 GB update for Dirt.

Trailer

SWEET!!!! Can't wait to get home now, I know what I'll be doing all night!

This game really has it's hooks in me tough....

That's what I meant. If you don't care enough about this stuff, Pikes Peak is just another venue like any other. It's an amazing course, but nothing to get overly excited aside the historical factor. :p

In any rally game I've ever played that had Pikes Peak in it, the course has always been my favorite in the game. I loved it in Dirt 1 and I missed it sorely in Dirt 2. Dirt 1's version is my favorite virtual version of the course. That might change tonight though!!!!!

I just find Pikes Peak terribly fun to run. Oddly enough I've never seen Mt. Washington in a video game that I can remember, and I've no idea why as that's a similar hill climb.

Afro

I'm getting a slight crackle/distortion in cockpit view after the Pikes patch w/ headphones. Don't think the issue is on my end.

edit:
Dave Sullivan (Senior Audio Designer) replied to my tweet.

I don't think it's an issue with your setup either. I spotted something similar and passed my findings on.

Top Bottom