• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dirt Rally |OT| Don’t Cut, Be Brave

naib

What state do you live in? I believe there is a big Amazon distribution center near me in CA so Im not too worried but you never know.
Paid $4 for next day shipping.. I hate the Amazon wait game.

Super stoked for this game. Almost got early access on PC but my data use is kinda limited. Sounds like PS4 version is almost 50gig.

sneaky77

I preordered from Amazon on friday last week, still says its due for delivery tomorrow but it hasnt even shipped yet so we'll see.

I've had that before with preorders, it's usually been on time they just overnight it. If they don't contact them and get a gift card or something.

Hedrush

£54.99 on PSN is daylight robbery when you can get the game in Tesco for £42. Fucking sucks when your all digital.

Ballistik

I can't wait to play this tomorrow on my Xbox. All the previous Dirt games were so much fun.

I'm too much of a casual player to know anything about what or which to get but the thought of getting a wheel for this game intrigues me... Hmm.

Onemic

T300 comes tomorrow. Im hyped!

I also have a triple monitor setup. Is the performance hit worth the switch to using all three monitors? I only have an R9 270, so I'm not sure how I'd fare. I currently average about 55fps with everything maxed but with AA at 2x.

GodofWine

League Question:

Are the platform specific?? that would be too bad, cause then I can't be in the Neogaf league, even though it let me sign up for it with my account linked to PSN only.

I was under the impression that leagues existed outside of 'platforms', since it is just a time keeping app in the 'cloud'

Makikou

I also have a triple monitor setup. Is the performance hit worth the switch to using all three monitors? I only have an R9 270, so I'm not sure how I'd fare. I currently average about 55fps with everything maxed but with AA at 2x.

DiRT Rally doesnt have a good triple screen support. It works but the side-screen FoV isnt adjustable so while your middle screen is OK, it looks weird on the side-screens.

Hedrush

What's the best way to top up my US account these days. Can i do it via paypal or do i need to buy US psn cards from Amazon?

As a console owner and as someone who suffered many years where there were absolutely NO real rally games on the market, there was no way I wasn't going to be supporting this title. When I look back at the absolute dearth of rally games on console (sorry I still don't count Dirt 1-3) its absolutely astounding that within a 2 or 3 month period we've seen 3. And I'm so happy Codemasters went back to their Colin McRae roots, I'm still in shock at the prospect of it all (less than 12 hours whooo) and hope the console release helps bolster sales.

I've been trying to decide between the T300 and G29 for PS4/PC. It seems like the wheel is better on the T300 but the pedals are better on the G29 unless you buy the upgraded ones for the T. They're both $300.

Onemic

I've been trying to decide between the T300 and G29 for PS4/PC. It seems like the wheel is better on the T300 but the pedals are better on the G29 unless you buy the upgraded ones for the T. They're both $300.

I'll post some impressions once I get it. I got the Wheel plus the pedal and shifter add-ons though, so I wont be using the stock pedals. From what I hear(and the main reason why I switched) was that the shifter add-on for the G27 is pretty bad and the G27 in general isnt that upgradeable, whereas the T300 has the entire Thrustmaster ecosystem, so you can make your experience even better should you choose to get their addons.

naib

I lucked out and got the T300 for $200 during some Fry's one day sale.

Then I got a shifter, then I got a stand... So much for saving money. The pedals aren't terrible, but I do want to upgrade to one with a clutch eventually.

GodofWine

Since it seems confirmed that PS4 players are not able to join the current Neogaf league (well, its lets you JOIN, but probably won't let you take part come 'servers on'), does anyone want to start a PS4 league?

Maybe I'll try to if I dont see anyone take the initiative, but I got little kids and god knows when I get around to figuring out how to set it up. I'll try to mess with it tonight, but I wont be upset to see a link to someone elses :)

danowat

Banned
Since it seems confirmed that PS4 players are not able to join the current Neogaf league (well, its lets you JOIN, but probably won't let you take part come 'servers on'), does anyone want to start a PS4 league?

Maybe I'll try to if I dont see anyone take the initiative, but I got little kids and god knows when I get around to figuring out how to set it up. I'll try to mess with it tonight, but I wont be upset to see a link to someone elses :)

I created a neogaf ps4 one.

Just 1 event over 6 stages lasting a week from tomorrow in the beginner cars, mini, fulvia and alpine.

Sound OK?

https://www.dirtgame.com/leagues/league/30592/neogaf-ps4

GodofWine

I created a neogaf ps4 one.

Just 1 event over 6 stages lasting a week from tomorrow in the beginner cars, mini, fulvia and alpine.

Sound OK?

Yea, it can expand from there. I was thinking the same thing, easy cars, limited events, maybe all the repair stops and stuff (I dont know enough about the game to know what all that is...).

But yea, go for it. Maybe put it in the community section too(?)

As a console owner and as someone who suffered many years where there were absolutely NO real rally games on the market, there was no way I wasn't going to be supporting this title. When I look back at the absolute dearth of rally games on console (sorry I still don't count Dirt 1-3) its absolutely astounding that within a 2 or 3 month period we've seen 3. And I'm so happy Codemasters went back to their Colin McRae roots, I'm still in shock at the prospect of it all (less than 12 hours whooo) and hope the console release helps bolster sales.

Why don't you count dirt 1-3 but you'll count this?

GodofWine

Double check that the platform is PS4, it keeps wanting to make it Xbox, its very confusing how they set it up, under your name at the top it lets you pick from the platforms even though you are linked to a PSN account already.

A PS4 Reddit league I was in with 50 people had to redo it because it was set up in Steam by mistake, I think this one needs to be redone too.

danowat

Banned
Double check that the platform is PS4, it keeps wanting to make it Xbox, its very confusing how they set it up, under your name at the top it lets you pick from the platforms even though you are linked to a PSN account.

A PS4 Reddit league I was in with 50 people had to redo it because it was set up in Steam by mistake.
Where do you select the platform? Can't see any option for it.

GodofWine

Where do you select the platform? Can't see any option for it.

At the top where you see your username, there is a drop down has manage account / log out, and below that it lets you pick your platform. Every time I click to join the league it defaults me to Xbox, and if I switch to PS4 I can't see the league. If not for the reddit league getting screwed up too, I'd be unaware of this goofy design.

Like I said, incredibly confusing on their part.

zedge

I want to double dip on this but... $80 CANADIAN DOLLARS!!

I refuse.

I'll just make myself feel better playing on PC in 21:9 ultra wide glory. ;)

Got it last saturday ( PS4 version ). Streetdate broken in The Netherlands. Game is beautiful, sound is even better but it's hard as nails. Get my butt kicked all the time. If anybody comes up with an easy PS4 set-up...that would be great :)

Got the legend edition btw...including a exlusive Mini and an awesome Colin McRae documentary.

nikos

I have both games, and yes, Project Cars is awful in that regard (and on many other stuff too Θ_Θ). Dirt Rally, on the other hand, is perfectly playable out of the box. See, most of the cars in Dirt Rally are vary easy to drive. The dificulty comes from the terrains you drive on, and on trying to be fast.

Thanks for the reassurance. Seeing posts of controller settings brought back memories of my mostly bad experience with Project Cars.

Definitely going to pick this up. It's been too long since I've played a rally game.

Robaperas

I messed with the settings on PC version, I use an XB1 Elite pad. I really like how it handles now. Settings are not very different but make a difference, IMO. Try them out and let me know what you think!

Steering Sensitivity: 35
Steering Linearity: 50
Steering Deadzone: 20
Steering Saturation: 100
Throttle Deadzone: 0
Throttle Saturation: 100
Brake Deadzone: 0
Brake Saturation: 100
Clutch Deadzone: 20

I tried these setting but the cars feel a bit unresponsive, I'm used to 100 in sensitivity but I'm using a DS4, so that might be the difference.

Why don't you count dirt 1-3 but you'll count this?
I loved Dirt, really liked Dirt 2, and found Dirt 3 to be a pretty big disappointment. As they progressed they got less and less about rally, and far away from the awesome Colin McRae series; the games from which they were spawned. Hell, the rally sequences in Dirt 3 were like a minute and a half long. Dirt Rally brings it back to its roots, and I couldn't be happier.

lem0n

I tried these setting but the cars feel a bit unresponsive, I'm used to 100 in sensitivity but I'm using a DS4, so that might be the difference.

I wanted more of a Forza feel, and I felt it needed to be more forgiving because of how the game is. I tried higher sensitivity before I turned it down, and it just wasn't for me personally. Sorry they didn't work out for ya! :/

I loved Dirt, really liked Dirt 2, and found Dirt 3 to be a pretty big disappointment. As they progressed they got less and less about rally, and far away from the awesome Colin McRae series; the games from which they were spawned. Hell, the rally sequences in Dirt 3 were like a minute and a half long. Dirt Rally brings it back to its roots, and I couldn't be happier.

I loved DiRT, bought DiRT 2 at launch but haven't played it and loved what I played of DiRT 3. Showdown was fun, too. It's the only one I've finished so far, because I play too many games and get sidetracked.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
So Dirt Rally is day's equivalent of Richard Burns Rally, isn't it ?

Pretty much, yeah. It's become my favorite rally game of all time, I think I even like it better than RBR.

Top Bottom