• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dirt Rally |OT| Don’t Cut, Be Brave

Azzawon

I just updated it,same format mini Cooper or lancia

Greece ourea spevsi (s) morning clear

Wales bidno moorland (s)midday cloudy

Sweden bjorklangden (s)afternoon snow

Starts at 16.00 untill Friday 23.00

Sounds good!

At the moment I think it would be best to use "NEOGAFX1" as the second league, seeing as though "RallyGAF" has the most members for the time being. Having two active also means you can try out different stuff in the future to see what works best :)

God damn that second race in the ps4 league ! Snowing like a MFer on a super tight course.

I felt like tom cruise in days of thunder. I just put my foot to the floor and listened to my spotter.

Still pulled 17s over the top time though. I'm satisfied.

xrnzaaas

I got VERY lucky here :D

GCEt5Gd.gif

Love this game.

Narrowly missed top 3 of Clubman. Nailed it next attempt, didn't even have to finish all the races.

Now, which car to pick for Professional? Any thoughts?

Might spend some of my money on an F2 Kit for the weekly and monthly challenges?

Karish

I just played through the first two events - got 3rd in the first and 5th in the second. Game is kinda addicting. I like how the main opponent is the road, and yourself. My first rally game, not much of a racing gamer at all TBH.

Also - been using Steam controller with gyro controls...

Karish

Just came in second for first time. Felt so good.

QUESTION: Can I enjoy this game if I keep going but don't get hung up on tuning and all that jazz?

danowat

Banned
Just came in second for first time. Felt so good.

QUESTION: Can I enjoy this game if I keep going but don't get hung up on tuning and all that jazz?

Short answer, yes.

Longer answer is, learning how tuning affects the car can make some cars easier to handle / perform better, so it might be worth learning the basics, the setup page is DR gives a fairly decent explanation of what each setting does and how it affects the car.

xrnzaaas

Well the league is open so everyone can probably join (including the best players). I don't think there's 400+ gaffers here playing the game. ;)

danowat

Banned
Well the league is open so everyone can probably join (including the best players). I don't there's 400+ gaffers here playing the game. ;)

Yeah, I kinda wished we'd made it request to join and only accepted gaffers ;-/

I don't recognize 90% of the names on their.

Azzawon

Just finished the XB1 RallyGAF stages, it's so weird going back to the RHD Mini. That last stage in the snow got a bit scary at times because the visibility is so low.

danowat

Banned
Personally I don't like any changes mid play. Maybe when we finish the current season after like a dozen rallies?? (I don't really know how it all works, because I haven't tried setting up any new leagues)

You'd really need to disband the league and start again from fresh, which would mean everyone signing back up to it.

xrnzaaas

Are the closed leagues password protected or do their creators have to green lit every participant? Anyway I don't think people want PSN names spam in this thread. ;)

Azzawon

Just failed the monthly event because I broke the radiator on the car and every time I repaired it afterwards the damage % went straight back to 0 regardless of whether I hit anything or not. Not sure if it's a bug or it's supposed to be that way, but it's cost me the April challenge on XBL now.

Sigh.

ToiJu

It would be great if we could somehow make the league for GAFfers only. I think most of the members just saw it on the suggested leagues list or another player's profile and decided to join. Same with the other one I'm in which is supposed to be for Finnish players, but since it is also open, it really isn't.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
NeoGAF Rally League Week 2 [17.04.2016 - 24.04.2016]
PC League
PS4 League

Event Details
5 Stages
R4 Modern Rally Cars
No Retries
No Restarts
No Career Engineers

hg2OExL.png
9Be5IS1.png

Stages

Service Area, Vehicle Tuning

Älgsjön
rOdRT1M.png

Sweden
Midday / Sunny
Splits: 4
Length: 7,0km
62% Snow
38% Compacted Snow

Björklangen
XibxnaI.png

Sweden
Afternoon / Snow
Length: 4,9km
51% Snow
49% Compacted Snow

Iso Oksjärvi
0sQw0k9.png

Finland
Morning / Rain
Length: 8,04km
100% Light Gravel

Kotajärvi
DqG8Fzc.png

Finland
Afternoon / Clear
Length: 8,1km
100% Light Gravel

Hämelahti
FpFvZJe.png

Finland
Night / Clear
Splits: 8
Length: 14,96km
100% Light Gravel

Total Distance: 43 km

Event Start:
t1460920500z0.png

Event Finish:
t1461525300z0.png

This week we are heading to the snowy forest roads of Sweden & the fast-flowing Finnish gravel roads. R4 cars are the name of the game this week. 4WD, modern production car-like rally cars. Maximum power output is reached very early in the RPM's so be sure to check out the car info cards above!

Expect results of Week 1 later this evening.. or tomorrow. Depends on the DiRT Rally API either working or not working :I

I have requested to join the PS4 league, PSN ID = Weak_Spot

Hedrush

Just got the game and I'm loving it. Are there any plans for DLC?

From an interview with the Chief Game Designer.

Will there be new cars, tracks and more in the coming months? Are there any expansions or substantial DLC planned?

Paul Coleman: You’ll have to wait and see. Suffice to say we have some amazing ideas floating around the studio at the moment but whether they are right for DLC or whether they are more suitable to something bigger is what we need to decide over the coming months.

link

Lima

Seems like the fastest way to earn money is to start a custom rally championship at whatever highest difficulty you have unlocked and then keep retiring at the start of the stage. Fast and easy money. I did it a bit while watching some streams on Twitch.

Other than that for active driving I found doing Pikes Peak custom championships on the highest difficulty give really good payouts as well.

Anyone else with tips for making dat money?

danowat

Banned
Preface : I love this game, it's the greatest rallying game ever made.

FFS, who designed the Rallycross AI?, they are RUBBISH, worst AI in a racing game ever.

Lima

Preface : I love this game, it's the greatest rallying game ever made.

FFS, who designed the Rallycross AI?, they are RUBBISH, worst AI in a racing game ever.

I don't know. I really didn't have an issue with it. Only thing that makes no sense is that the FIA Rallycross Championship is easier than the regular one on Master difficulty.

They also need more tracks for it. Well back to rally now. Going to try Hillclimb later for the first time. Which car do you guys recommend for it?

Top Bottom