• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dirty Bomb open beta thread

Gotta say I was pretty disappointed with Fletcher when I first unlocked him. His shotgun's spread felt too tight and his sticky bombs seemed too weak as an offensive tool.

But the more I use him, the more I've gotten used to the timing on sticking people directly and aiming for the head successfully with the Anhund. If you can head track well with his SMG it's one of the deadliest close range weapons in the game. He's become by far my favorite merc.

Fragger is a merc I unlocked pretty early even though I am not the biggest fragger fan (bigger fan of thunder who isn't out yet). I went to get a key though and if I get one I'll toss it up on here for someone who wasn't lucky enough to get one.

mkenyon

Banned
Gotta say I was pretty disappointed with Fletcher when I first unlocked him. His shotgun's spread felt too tight and his sticky bombs seemed too weak as an offensive tool.

But the more I use him, the more I've gotten used to the timing on sticking people directly and aiming for the head successfully with the Anhund. If you can head track well with his SMG it's one of the deadliest close range weapons in the game. He's become by far my favorite merc.
He's one of those mercs where you need to be playing like a crazy person, jumping around like it's CPMA instead of Dirty Bomb.

mkenyon

Banned
Huge nerf for rezzing incoming.

There will now be a one second delay between rezzing someone and them standing up. This effectively means no more mid-battle rezzing.

Them revive nerfs though

6cbb3808f555046f496adec92817a9b4.jpg

I can not maintain 60 FPS in this game. I'm getting some really nasty frame drops (2560x1440) even with a TitanX. Given how this game looks, I can't figure out why.

Grief.exe

Before, it was actually more efficient to charge in and fire off a couple revives. Now, it's better to actually finish combat before going for the revive.

I think this change is for the best.

Firebrand

Haven't played since the Nexon beta, tried it again tonight. Had some fun. There's some strange jerkiness though, I don't think it's frame rate drops but it feels like I'm skipping sometimes.

Patch notes are public, here are some excerpts (sparks patch):

Balancing

Bushwhacker

Reduced Turret health to 120hp from 140

Kira

Reduced Ammo-station health to 120hp from 140
Increased Orbital Strike cooldown to 50s from 45

Dreiss AR

Increased reload time to 2.2s from 2.0

Tølen Machine Pistol

Reduced reload time to 1.7s from 1.8

Empire 9

Reduced reload time to 1.7s from 1.8

Minimum Level Servers

We have now introduced minimum level servers which means you can now more consistently play against enemies of a similar level to you. You can find these servers by using the browser, or by using ‘Quick Join’ as it will prioritise you to join those servers first.

Daily Credit Bonuses Doubled

In the previous update we introduced Daily Credit Bonuses, and now we are doubling how many Credits these award you. So now instead of 250 Credits, you'll be swimming in 500 and recruiting the Mercs you want in your Squad even faster.

Cobalt Trade-Up

Trade-Up has been extended to Cobalt Cards! No longer will unwanted Gold Cards be there to clutter up your inventory, as you'll now be able to trade them in for a Cobalt Card of the Merc of your choice. Each Cobalt Card you Trade-Up to will cost you 6 Gold Cards and 10,000 Credits, so don't grab one unless you've got a healthy supply of both.

New Bundles on Sale

We're introducing three new Merc Bundles for you to help you fill out your Squad for a hefty discount! Check them out below and find all three of them in the Shop under the Bundles section!
Please note: You will be able to purchase a bundle even if you have any or all of the Mercs within the bundle already unlocked. Be careful, and please spend your money wisely.

User Interface

Users can now set a maximum game size when using 'Quick Join'
Added ‘Fire Mode’ to weapon info when viewing Loadout Cards
Added drop chances to Case descriptions for different rarities
Increased the Case opening animation to include 30 cards (was 15) to more accurately represent drop chances
Increased speed of various page transitions
Updated crosshair hit-indicator appearance
Improved matchmaking "Accept" dialog
Help-up progress indicator now includes player names
Reworked the tutorial level end review screen

So yeah, bushwhacker's turret losing some HP seems pretty spot on necessary.

How is she compared to other medics?

She's fast and fragile like aura. She's much more focused on reviving than healing. Her med packs heal instantly, but provide much less health per pack than Sawbones's. It can take two or three to heal someone all the way up, and you only have a maximum of four at a time.

Her res-gun charges quickly and you can hold it for a long time before it overheats. The damage output is solid when charged. I was often taking down auras and other sparks in a single charged shot. If you can headshot well, it's a very effective railgun. It also seems to revive people at full health, though that may be due to one of the perks I have on the bronze card I crafted immediately for her.

Her smg is just like Proxy or Fletcher's. Pretty decent at close to mid range, and really deadly if you can keep it at headshot level.

Kade

I was stoked to get home and get the Elite case but looks like the event has been post-poned. :(

http://forums.dirtybomb.nexon.net/discussion/12386/postponed-elite-case-event#latest

MissMurder said:
As you may have noticed, the Elite Case Login Reward event did not go live as promised earlier today. Unfortunately, the beginning of the event caused severe problems that had not been observed during internal tests, and we had no choice but to cancel the event so that you could enjoy the Sparks update.

We regret the issue, and look forward to fixing it so that we can bring the Elite Case giveaway back once again and get you those Silver, Gold and Cobalt cards. We do have another event planned for this weekend, and as always hope that you enjoy the core Dirty Bomb experience.

Ploid 3.0

Started playing this today using the healing girl. Any tips, haven't played a competitive FPS since Battlefield 2 I think. I loved it, but it was on console. Hoping this support stuff will ease me in.

Aura

Started playing this today using the healing girl. Any tips, haven't played a competitive FPS since Battlefield 2 I think. I loved it, but it was on console. Hoping this support stuff will ease me in.

Aura

Well, it is most important to play as a team. Drop your healing station in advance since it takes a few seconds before it stops healing. You don't always have to keep it with you or even keep moving it. I see a lot of rookies make the mistake of treating it like the healing packs, something you can't really do well. That delay makes it bad in a lot of situations, but if you think ahead you can really slow down or even stop an enemy push with it and a teammate or two.

You can pick it back up and that restores your cooldown (depending on how damaged it was, it will restore less). But I think the best strategy is often finding a good spot near the front lines, that is out of line of sight, that people can run back to to get on demand heals. Other times you'll want it fairly up close to the fighting if not in key spots you need to control.

I think aura's best weapon is the shotgun (not sure if she gets access to more than 1 shotgun). But the SMG option is good too. But at that point I think if you really want to run medic with a SMG, you may as well run sawbonez or phoenix (phoenix is not yet released).

Also, you can hold the defib longer to revive people with more health.

Ploid 3.0

Wow nice tips, thanks. I really didn't know about holding the defibrillator longer for more health, and the mechanics of the healing beacon having a delay before it starts healing / reclaiming to shorten cooldown etc.

Very interesting game.

Top Bottom