• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dishonored 2 |OT| The Edge of the World

Timeaisis

Who's better for a chaos playthrough? I made the mistake of playing D1 no kill first and then realized how fun it is to just fuck around.

Tovarisc

Holy shit this save bug is annoying, 10 minutes of progress lost. Basically idea is that you e.g. quick save and then load that save guards that previously were passive may be now alerted, random guard may have spawned that didn't exist before, your location may be slightly different than when you saved etc.

All kinds of fun stuff!

It is pretty 'finicky' in whether or not you're close enough when dropping to execute the drop attack, though.

I've dropped down, pressed RB right as I presume I'm dropping down on a person, and then stupidly hold up my sword for a block on the ground.

I've found the timing finicky but the range is quite generous. If you are remotely close to them then the game will auto-connect the attack.

I had the day off so I got this from Redbox. Not into it after a couple hours. Really liked the first game.

It feels like you had way more room to mess up and fix situations in the first game than you do here. I've just found my way awkwardly fighting through guards half the time when I mess up, which is not very fun.

Also, were the first games controls this awkward and I just forgot? Having to move stuff in and out of quickuse slots, having to switch between Heart and Teleport (don't remember name) when hunting for items. Just doesn't feel good a lot of the time.

Hagi

It's general issue in the game, in every level. You can hear someone talking few meters out, but take 0.5 steps to right and person talking goes mute. Audio from dialogue to music can and do randomly cut off or go very quiet.

It's weird I had the game paused when I was posting that and when I went back to it it's perfectly fine. No issues at all now apart from sucking at the game.

J_Viper

A lot of Emily's power can be used for non-lethal applications (Domino, Shadow Walk, Mesmerize, and Far Reach for yanking enemies and choking them out).

There are some new non-lethal gear as well like stun mines (which shocks and knocks out enemies), howling bolts (which blinds enemies), and stinging bolts (causing an immense pain to an enemy, forcing him/her to flee)

Non lethal is dramatically improved. Lots of lethal options before have been modified to provide non-lethal variants. You can even fight enemies straight up and have non-lethal maneuvers.

Thanks for the info guys.

I'll probably grab this once it hits $20-30

SJRB

Gold Member
Not sure how I feel about it at the moment. Something feels "off" but I can't put my finger on it. Corvo moves very sluggish and the AI seems ungodly perceptive at random moments. Audio is weird at times as well.

Animator

Wasn't really feeling the game in the first two chapters which in my opinion are super weak in terms of level design and encounters but when you get to the hospital island it really started to shine. That is one awesome level so far.

Tovarisc

Just to check, in Mission 5
those Hellhounds can't be killed nor knocked, just momentarily "stunned" with something like arrow to head?

Wasn't really feeling the game in the first two chapters which in my opinion are super weak in terms of level design and encounters but when you get to the hospital island it really started to shine. That is one awesome level so far.

Just completed the hospital and it was a great designed location. Only gripe so far is the aiming with Far Reach. It feels a lot harder to direct it where exactly you want it to go compared to Blink in D1.

Mifec

Just to check, in Mission 5
those Hellhounds can't be killed nor knocked, just momentarily "stunned" with something like arrow to head?

Hitting the skull before they form kills them, if they are already formed you need to destroy the skull that's left after you "kill them"

Berzerkiymc

Neo Member
just got the PC Collectors Edition.

really thought the mask was wearable sigh.

otherwise extremely good quality. Worth the price.

now to download!

Hagi

Holy shit I thought I was tripping hearing Sam Rockwell's voice but it really was him! Rosario Dawson as well? Damn never expected the voice acting to be stacked.

Staf

Hmm, only about 30-60 minutes into it but i don't really enjoy the stealth in this game so far. I feel like i don't have any sense where any enemy is so i can plan my attack. Sure i can peek around the corner but it feels so awkward, at least how it's controlled on the PS4 for me. I much prefer Deus ex as a stealth game. Though i am early in the game and have no powers.

Really like the world and story so far though.

Lucifon

Goddamn the input lag is horrible on the ps4 version (playing on a pro). Aiming feels so swimmy. Is there any acknowledgement of this issue or fix? I'm not sure I can play like this.

SkylineRKR

Hmm, only about 30-60 minutes into it but i don't really enjoy the stealth in this game so far. I feel like i don't have any sense where any enemy is so i can plan my attack. Sure i can peek around the corner but it feels so awkward, at least how it's controlled on the PS4 for me. I much prefer Deus ex as a stealth game. Though i am early in the game and have no powers.

You can get Dark Vision but its not really OP like a usual wallhack.

I don't think the game is that fun, if you're being seen or heard you'll get a legion of enemies on your ass and the fighting is awkward. Equipping the heart is tedious and having to re equip something to shut off its ability sucks too. But have to play more, i'm only in mission 3.

Animator

Yea it gets better once you get to chapter 3

Staf

Goddamn the input lag is horrible on the ps4 version (playing on a pro). Aiming feels so swimmy. Is there any acknowledgement of this issue or fix? I'm not sure I can play like this.

I'm getting used to it the more i play. But man was it hard to hit the bottles with the crossbow in the tutorial lol.

Carm

So the stats menu, under global it shows I've been spotted 3 times, but under mission and play through it's zero times, I do reload a previous save if I'm spotted. The question is, does the global stat effect the outcome for the trophy/achievement?

Also, playing PS4 version, aiming feels off no matter if friction is at zero or not. Tons of graphical bugs, sluggish frame rate and I know the game isn't pushing the PS4 at all. My system is pretty quiet while playing, unlike every other major triple-a game I've played and some indies.

Edit: Even hitting the options button to get to options is slow and sluggish to respond.

Lucifon

I'm getting used to it the more i play. But man was it hard to hit the bottles with the crossbow in the tutorial lol.

On second thoughts I'm not sure it's input lag but some weird momentum thing as if the movement keeps going when you stop moving the stick. It's horrible, creates a swimmy feeling to the aiming.

It's probably because I'm doing a pacifist/ghost/no powers run to start but I'm finding this game much more difficult than the first one and I had to tick it down from Very Hard. It's really challenging for me to know where enemies are and where they are patching outside of trial and error. Luckily the game has a really nice quick save and load.
So the stats menu, under global it shows I've been spotted 3 times, but under mission and play through it's zero times, I do reload a previous save if I'm spotted. The question is, does the global stat effect the outcome for the trophy/achievement?
In assuming the only stats that will matter are the ones under playthrough, otherwise they save/load becomes pointless. That's how it was for the first one.

Hagi

On second thoughts I'm not sure it's input lag but some weird momentum thing as if the movement keeps going when you stop moving the stick. It's horrible, creates a swimmy feeling to the aiming.

This is true. If you sit still you will slowly move the camera in whatever way you are facing. Took me a few minutes to realise it was happening. I thought it was the head bobbing but nope still happening after I turned that all the way down.

Holy shit I thought I was tripping hearing Sam Rockwell's voice but it really was him! Rosario Dawson as well? Damn never expected the voice acting to be stacked.

Wait, really? That's absurd. Thought Foster sounded familiar, and I didn't pick up on Rockwell's character at all. How was this never a part of the game's marketing? I remember them making a big deal about the cast of the first game (included Susan Sarandon, Lena Headey, Chloe Grace Moretz, and John Slattery).

Timeaisis

Man, I am so glad I'm not playing stealth only. I have no idea how I would've ever gone through the first level without being seen without blink lol.

Dolobill

I'm getting really annoyed by playing this game stealthily. Do I switch to chaos? That just seems wrong to me, but overall I'd say I'm not having fun so far. I'm on mission 3.

Tovarisc

Well then, bug in Mission 5 has stopped / ruined my no-kills run. Every time I do nonlethal takedown on target one specific, knocked out, NPC dies. I have no clue why, she just dies.

These impressions aren't sounding too hot... I was pretty much a guaranteed Day 1 buyer for this after falling in love with Dishonored late after it's release but input lag, performance issues and confined levels are exactly the things that could ruin a Dishonored experience.

Maybe I'll pick this up next year if it's all fixed up. Really disappointing.

Dolobill

Well then, bug in Mission 5 has stopped / ruined my no-kills run. Every time I do nonlethal takedown on target one specific, knocked out, NPC dies. I have no clue why, she just dies.

My run was ruined by a civilian death in Mission 2 and I have no idea how.

Lucifon

Really struggling with these controls :( the aiming just feels horrible on ps4. The momentum is sending my aim far off where it should be, it's like I'm constantly battling with the stick.

leng jai

Anyone have issues with the audio cutting out on ps4? I'm playing on the pro and just started the tutorial and the audio keeps jumping and the background music disappears for seconds at a time. Not really ideal...

Every game that has anything to do with Bethesda seems to have poor sound mixing.

Timeaisis

I'm getting really annoyed by playing this game stealthily. Do I switch to chaos? That just seems wrong to me, but overall I'd say I'm not having fun so far. I'm on mission 3.

Going by the first game, I liked it OK in stealth run, but it wasn't till I switched to chaos that it got really fun.

Hagi

Wait, really? That's absurd. Thought Foster sounded familiar, and I didn't pick up on Rockwell's character at all. How was this never a part of the game's marketing? I remember them making a big deal about the cast of the first game (included Susan Sarandon, Lena Headey, Chloe Grace Moretz, and John Slattery).

Yeah it's pretty crazy but I haven't followed the marketing at all for this game.

hollomat

Banned
Are you punished in this one for using a lethal approach, just like in the first one?

I've completed the first mission using a legal approach but it wasn't clear if this would have an effect going forward. Hopefully it's changed as I really hated this system in the first game. Punishing you for the way you choose to play.

Lucifon

Kgfc.png

Hoping he's referring to consoles too.

Grisby

Are you punished in this one for using a lethal approach, just like in the first one?

I've completed the first mission using a legal approach but it wasn't clear if this would have an effect going forward. Hopefully it's changed as I really hated this system in the first game. Punishing you for the way you choose to play.
It still has the chaos system which depends on how many dudes you kill.

Hale-XF11

How does input lag make it into the final build of a major release like this? What a fuck up. At least by the time I get this game, it will hopefully be patched. In fact, I may just wait until that actually happens.

Wagram

I have to admit that i'm pretty shocked Target never canceled the Limited Editions for people that got it for $20.

Top Bottom