• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dishonored 2 |OT| The Edge of the World

Tsukumo

Holy shit the story and lore is so confusing for someone new to the series.

I'll tag Knife of Dunwall spoilers, but be aware Daud's campaign is as excellent as Corvo's. Even with the plot figured out, it's quite a ride to take.

First game was the same story told by the point of view of Corvo and Daud, with the first being the bodyguard of the empress and the latter the actual assassin who murdered her.
Both had their powers bestowed on them by a mysterious figure called the Outsider, who many people assume is tied to whales in some fashion.
The Outsider says he gives his powers to people he finds interesting, but many clues in the first game sort of give away the fact that what he's doing is choosing people who create chaos and shake things up. The first game had another gifted called Granny Rags, who was a witch and was trying to find a formula (or to re-discover it, since she lost her memory after killing her own husband) to make bonecharms and runes out of human bones instead of whale bones.
Corvo is freed by the Outsider and set on a path to vengeance, while Daud his put on the tracks of Delilah by the Outsider himself indicating that the Outsider and Delilah may be enemies of some sort.
While the ones responsible for the coup are looking for Emily to use her as a pawn and a front, Delilah has her own plans for Emily: she wants to exchange Emily's soul with hers, by trapping her in a magical painting Delilah herself has created. Daud invades her home and subsequently her realm, kills Delilah and stops the ritual to bind Emily.
In the end of Knife of Dunwall Daud reveals to Corvo what happened with Delilah. Depending on the amount of chaos during the run, Corvo will spare him or kill him.

Huh something feels off about how this game controls. I turned sensitivity up to 60 and that's helped a bit but it still feels a bit heavy. I read about input lag but it also seems like there might be performance issues?

Have you tried to completely disable friction? Controls should feel less sluggish after that.

Hey guys. So what's GAF's general impression? Is the PS4 version fun? I liked the first one. Tempted to go and get this one for a wide open saturday afternoon..

Goddammit, apparently somewhere I managed to get a kill without even realizing it, and now I have to go back an hour in saves just to set it right.

Game should really let you know better, fuck.

Goddammit, apparently somewhere I managed to get a kill without even realizing it, and now I have to go back an hour in saves just to set it right.

Actually, there's a stats menu during mid mission that can let you know if you killed anyone or got spotted.

BeeDog

I noticed I accidentally killed a civilian by dropping (not throwing) his unconcious body against a wall that had some destroyable objects, some shelves or similar. When moving bodies, make sure they fall flatly on the surface below without hitting any objects.

thenexus6

I'm playing on my trusty old PS4 and loving it.

Same. Man I am royally *heh* screwing up being stealthy in this game, but I think for a first play through its more fun experimenting and killing dudes.

Also, I wonder what the difference between low and high chaos will be in this game. I can't see it being the similar to the first game so far.

taoofjord

Huh something feels off about how this game controls. I turned sensitivity up to 60 and that's helped a bit but it still feels a bit heavy. I read about input lag but it also seems like there might be performance issues?

Is it locked 30 on the pro?

Also...leaning. Guess you're not hidden anymore? Yeah it was op in the first game but now it seems useless as guards seem to see you right away.

I originally though it was a terrible acceleration curve. While it's a little funky it's actually the input lag that's the issue. Perhaps it's the kind of v sync they're using. I'm basing this on the fact that the PC version controls mostly fine with a controller.

bunkitz

Up to the third mission now, I think. That... Adder-something place? Loving all the new features (especially the drop knock-out) and the game just looks fantastic.

I don't know if it's just because I'm playing on Hard, but, well, I was having a really hard time earlier near the end of the first mission in Karnaca. There just seemed to be way too many guards, and while I could have just sneaked past most of them, I wanted to explore and look for stuff. I also had to keep loading my saves because I didn't want to get spotted, but I feel like that kind of just ruined things for me a bit since I was having less fun. I suppose it would be better if I just went with the flow and let things happen.

Bit of a weird thing I noticed in the first mission, though. In the royal safe room, Emily's drawings from the first game were there. There was a High Chaos drawing of Corvo. Low Chaos is the canon, though, so that's unusual.

OH. And those guards in red? Holy fuck, they were feinting slashes and turning and spinning and shit. Goddamn, they were hard to fight.

xviper

i'm in mission 3 and i'm completely lost, where the hell is sokolov ? i cured Dr.Hypatia and missed the chance to ask her about sokolov and i don't know what to do

thenexus6

Man oh man on mission 4

I am trying to get Kirin in the chair but he's up the top with two clock work soldiers. I have absolutely no idea how to knock him out with them around

Tovarisc

Man oh man on mission 4

I am trying to get Kirin in the chair but he's up the top with two clock work soldiers. I have absolutely no idea how to knock him out with them around

Sleepdart him and then rewire one of the clockworks so clockworks kill each other.

Tsukumo

The quest marker is gone too ��

Looks like I failed it. Not sure how.

You need to shoulder the corpse in order for the location to pop up as a marker. After that she is underneath a dentist office under street-level, there's a market right before the station and a really big insignia shaped as a giant molar. You can't miss it.
It's on the road after the Overseer's offices building, on the right side of the small river.
Also, check the mission logs for specifics.

Jito

Banned
Mind blowing how you can turn off every HUD element other than the notification telling me a rune is nearby and I need to equip the heart. The game already plays a sound effect and vibrates the controller, no need for the on screen message constantly popping up.

CHC

Mind blowing how you can turn off every HUD element other than the notification telling me a rune is nearby and I need to equip the heart. The game already plays a sound effect and vibrates the controller, no need for the on screen message constantly popping up.

Pretty sure you can turn that off, I think it's called "information messages" or something like that that you wouldn't suspect of being related.

Lagamorph

Does anything from a save from the first game carry over? Possibly grabbing a PC key later, just want to know if it's worth re-downloading the first game to grab my cloud saves first.

You can turn that off, actually. It's called information message

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Just completed the first mission. Going non lethal may be doable but not getting detected... not bothering with that. I just ran for the boat once I realized there were like 10 guards all packed together in that area. I keep telling myself I should play more organically and use the gun if detected, but it somehow feels wrong :p I played Dishonored that way as well. I never used gunplay.

Playing on a 280x on pc and the framerate is not that smooth. It auto-detected to medium and I only set texture and character detail to high, maybe I should drop everything to medium.

BeeDog

Am I right to assume there's no mission select when you finish the game? Would be awesome to revisit certain areas and do practice runs.

Spent 3 hours exploring the
Clockwork Mansion
with ghost / no kills and
completed it without letting Jindosh know I was there, i.e. without activating any of the contraptions
. Man that's an awesome level :D If it wasn't for the technical difficulties on PC I'd be all over this game. Hopefully the patch improves things

shiba5

Just completed the first mission. Going non lethal may be doable but not getting detected... not bothering with that. I just ran for the boat once I realized there were like 10 guards all packed together in that area. I keep telling myself I should play more organically and use the gun if detected, but it somehow feels wrong :p I played Dishonored that way as well. I never used gunplay.

Playing on a 280x on pc and the framerate is not that smooth. It auto-detected to medium and I only set texture and character detail to high, maybe I should drop everything to medium.

You can skip the whole area if you figure out how to ride the train.

Does anyone know what the promotional credit is used for on Amazon?

My friend ordered the CE using my account. Today, I just got an email with $8.99 in MP3 credit for the soundtrack and $8.99 software/games credit. I tried applying it to a game and no dice.

Top Bottom