• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dishonored 2 |OT| The Edge of the World

I really enjoyed Dishonored quite a lot but will hold off on this one for now.

I know this is just how shit goes now but it's asinine to me that games keep getting shipped in these utterly pathetic states. I mean the bugs being reported here sound hugely detrimental to the enjoyment, especially the sound issues.

Hopefully the fixes will improve the stealth issues and controls and so on. I'll check back in on the game in a few months and will grab a used copy if everything is fixed. Sounds like I have to be a bit cautious here.

Bummer, was going to go out and buy this one on PS4 today and spend a weekend day on it. Not going to waste my rather limited game time on a buggy mess at this point.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
You can skip the whole area if you figure out how to ride the train.

Heh, that's good to know if I decide to replay.

btw I had to restart my last checkpoint because the screen went black as you tried to talk to the person on the boat, could only hear sound. Definitely no smooth sailing with the pc version so far.

I forgot to cancel my ps4 preorder, so now I have both PC and PS4 versions. Well, PC version is borked at the moment so I guess this is a good thing. I can test out Dishonored 2 on the Pro now.

Jharp

Ugh. Had an issue with blank screen after the initial splash load on my HDTV, updated my drivers, issue was fixed. Put the game back on my monitor, it reset the resolution to 800x600, but it worked fine.

Now I'm trying to play on the HDTV again and it's giving me a blank screen again, so it's clearly got something to do with the resolution, but I have no idea how to fix it. Guess I have to choose between playing it only on one display as well but it's nice to have on the TV when my girlfriend is over and wants to watch.

Both my monitor and tv are 1920x1080, making this issue even weirder.

Is there a way to run it in borderless windowed?

Foxxsoxx

So I've played for about 3 hours and I'm really not feeling this for some reason. I enjoyed the first but something here feels pretty weird, im thinking it is the level design. The opening level and the first real mission had such uninteresting design that I had to chore through it, which is really disappointing.

Also the input lag is really offputting, you know you've fucked up when the act of looking around feels awful and sluggish.

RedAssedApe

Banned
What's up with the super sluggish controls on PS4? Feels like I'm in molasses

not just you. seem people complaining about this online. as someone suggested above...setting friction to 0 helps a bit. not completely though...seems like there is controller delay/input lag or something

Anno

Turning off mouse smoothing all the way helped a ton. Definitely enjoying the game much more now thay the control isn't floaty. Except a stupid guard rolled down some stairs and into some boxes that killed him, ruining my otherwise good run lol. Oh well.

Turning off mouse smoothing all the way helped a ton. Definitely enjoying the game much more now thay the control isn't floaty. Except a stupid guard rolled down some stairs and into some boxes that killed him, ruining my otherwise good run lol. Oh well.

Ahem :p

RedAssedApe

Banned

lol wtf...can you not get that kill back by reloading a checkpoint save?

Enco

I LOVE the physics in this game.

So cool.

Shame about the bullshit performance.

Hardly played it but loved the first one and am looking forward to going further!

A tip for anyone having problems with Bloodflies: Destroying their nests with incendiary bolts or flammable bottles will kill the bloodflies as well

Also another tip: Chloroform bottles can be used as sleeping gas grenades against enemies according to this thread

I just run up to bloodfly hives and slash like crazy with my sword. Violent Emily is badass. Also, found bloodflies in the toilet of my ship for some reason. Pest control, jeez.

Chloroform can kill bloodflies too if you throw it at a hive. You have to destroy it or more will come out though.

The only other stealth game I've seen do the stumbling over bodies was Shinobido on PS2. Physics interaction really should be more prevalent in the genre, would be pretty neat.

Still waiting for the PC patch though.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Mission 2 question:

i see a rune on the other side of a grate, in the aqueduct area. There doesn't seem to be any way in the room with the tune, and there is a space under the grate. Shouldn't I be able to use my item pull ability to get it? I'm pressing the L2 button when I have it highlighted, but nothing is happening

FaintDeftone

Man, so I'm torn right now.

I rented the game last night via Redbox to check it out on PS4. I'm a huge fan of the original game and I really like what I've played so far. However, I noticed the performance on the standard PS4 is kinda rough. The controls feel sluggish and the framerate isn't the strongest.

I wanted to instantly go buy the game on PC but with a GTX 970 it seems the game isn't performing so hot at all, let alone on a 970.

Is the Xbox One version any better? I'm assuming it isn't but I'd rather not settle with a sluggish PS4 version. Maybe I should just pass for now.

Elios83

So, PC woes aside - is the game any good?

Absolutely, I'm finishing mission 3 and I think it's a great sequel with an amazing setting.
The dark powers are all very cool.
So far the only complaint I have is that there instances where it's a bit tricky to understand if enemies are spotting you, also it might happen that you get seen through a wall.
But that can be fixed with a patch I suppose.

Fledz

Mission 2 question:

i see a rune on the other side of a grate, in the aqueduct area. There doesn't seem to be any way in the room with the tune, and there is a space under the grate. Shouldn't I be able to use my item pull ability to get it? I'm pressing the L2 button when I have it highlighted, but nothing is happening

Launch at bolt at it and let the water bring it to you. There's a wooden plank blocking it.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Launch at bolt at it and let the water bring it to you. There's a wooden plank blocking it.

I haven't been able to use this far pull on anything. I tried it on some guarded runes and charms, pointed right at them and held L2, and it only gave me the ability to far walk on top of them. Am I missing something on how to object pull?

nOoblet16

I was under the impression that you could play as Corvo or Emily whenever you wanted, turns out it's not true and you have to make the choice early on without knowing how Emily's powers will work and knowing how Corvo's work. In short I think Corvo's powers might just be a bit better overall.

I haven't been able to use this far pull on anything. I tried it on some guarded runes and charms, pointed right at them and held L2, and it only gave me the ability to far walk on top of them. Am I missing something on how to object pull?
You have to upgrade the far reach ability to be able to pull. It works the same as warping there, confusingly. It's the only super-minor issue I have with the game so far.

Man, so I'm torn right now.

I rented the game last night via Redbox to check it out on PS4. I'm a huge fan of the original game and I really like what I've played so far. However, I noticed the performance on the standard PS4 is kinda rough. The controls feel sluggish and the framerate isn't the strongest.

I wanted to instantly go buy the game on PC but with a GTX 970 it seems the game isn't performing so hot at all, let alone on a 970.

Is the Xbox One version any better? I'm assuming it isn't but I'd rather not settle with a sluggish PS4 version. Maybe I should just pass for now.
970 should be great when the game is patched. Just wait until it's at that point and get it. Maybe it'll be cheaper by then.

It's definitely worth getting once they get PC performance up to snuff. It's a GOTY contender for sure.

Sorry for double posting :( didn't figure the thread would be this slow.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
You have to upgrade the far reach ability to be able to pull. It works the same as warping there, confusingly. It's the only super-minor issue I have with the game so far.

I upgraded to pull, but still when I point at the object and press L2, it warps me on top of it and doesn't pull. Should the cursor change when you are holding L2 while aiming at a pull able object?

I upgraded to pull, but still when I point at the object and press L2, it warps me on top of it and doesn't pull. Should the cursor change when you are holding L2 while aiming at a pull able object?
If it does, it's not noticeable enough. Just quick save and load if it goes wrong :)

Anno

So long as the little reticle dot is on top of the object you should be fine. I haven't tried using it with items that you can't carry like glass bottles and stuff, so I guess I'm not sure if it would pull a rune or whatever to you.

Wanderer5

Going to probably try Domino next too. Shadow Walk can be pretty cool through, and I love its non-lethal takedown heh. It like you are draining their conscious away temp.:p

A tip for anyone having problems with Bloodflies: Destroying their nests with incendiary bolts or flammable bottles will kill the bloodflies as well

Had some fun using a couple grenades against them too if thrown just right.

renzolama

From the reports I've seen it's performing poorly on all console builds. Where the PC version has big drops below 60 the console versions have big drops below 30. The input latency problems sound like they're on all platforms also. I don't think there is a well performing version of the game available currently.

Edit: Obviously some people are playing it and enjoying it greatly, so whether the performance problems bother you or not is completely subjective, but I don't think that one platform is significantly better than the others in terms of pure performance numbers.

bounchfx

Anyone having an issue starting the game? I get
Dishonored_2_2016-11-12_12-17-22.png

every time I try

Assuming there's no way to go back and do a level on the save. The first level bug target I killed. I've gone non-lethal since then. Basically that makes it so I'd have to restart the game to get a no kill run correct?

Tovarisc

Anyone having an issue starting the game? I get
Dishonored_2_2016-11-12_12-17-22.png

every time I try

Does anyone know what ports Denuvo uses? I guess that error is Denuvo being unable to connect where ever it tries to connect for authentication.

Assuming there's no way to go back and do a level on the save. The first level bug target I killed. I've gone non-lethal since then. Basically that makes it so I'd have to restart the game to get a no kill run correct?

If you don't have save before kill happened then yeah, you would need to restart whole campaign.
-----------

Does anyone know what ports Denuvo uses? I guess that error is Denuvo being unable to connect where ever it tries to connect for authentication.

If you don't have save before kill happened then yeah, you would need to restart whole campaign.
-----------

Screw it. You know what it severely hampered my fun last time when my first playthrough was a no kill run. I'm not doing that again. I don't care enough about platinum.

Screw it. You know what it severely hampered my fun last time when my first playthrough was a no kill run. I'm not doing that again. I don't care enough about platinum.
IMO, first playthrough for Dishonored should be playing it the way you want to play (stealth, violence, or a mix of both).

No kills playthrough should be saved up for later.

I did it immediately for the first game. I did the same for Mankind Divided as well.

Same. And honestly I need to stop. It's a compulsion leftover from days on Xbox 360 achievement whoring and wanting to challenge myself fully. Instead of just enjoying fully.

I'm trying to play the way I feel I would if I was in Emily's shoes. Some of them are so reprehensible that I need to kill them. Going for low chaos though.

I did it immediately for the first game. I did the same for Mankind Divided as well.

True, people value their play-styles differently. But I feel like some people should get familiar with the levels and A.I positions rather than frustrate themselves to death by going full ghost in their first playthrough

Top Bottom